PDA

View Full Version : Quotes from some players. The attitude is not good at all

starkvegasdawg
10-27-2019, 07:13 PM
Some players have lost confidence and others just don't care.

Martin Emerson Jr. - But we just have to stay together and go week by week and hope we get a win.

Hope you get a win?

Kylin Hill - Four-straight losses, nobody would be happy. But it could be way worse. We could have zero wins.

Way to be happy we just don't suck worse.

Moorhead - We've got to get this thing to the point where we're playing clean, consistent football.

That's called spring practice you twit.

MD2020
10-27-2019, 07:17 PM
The team is going to quit if Arky has a rowdy crowd and we get behind.

DogsofAnarchy
10-27-2019, 07:24 PM
Arky can definitely beat us.

HaggardDawg
10-27-2019, 07:25 PM
Lashing out at fans now too. "Y'all ain't with us". You're right, with the effort we've seen, we're not with you.

MarketingBully
10-27-2019, 07:27 PM
The team is going to quit if Arky has a rowdy crowd and we get behind.

I doubt that place will be half full. The last two games Arkansas has been beaten 99-17...

MarketingBully
10-27-2019, 07:29 PM
Arky can definitely beat us.

If we beat ourselves and Arkansas plays clean football, yes they can beat us. Odds are good though they won’t have a clean game. I don’t think you guys realize just how bad Arkansas is.

Cooterpoot
10-27-2019, 07:30 PM
That stuff isn’t good for anything. Ignore it. It’ll all work itself out the end of Nov.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 07:31 PM
I doubt that place will be half full. The last two games Arkansas has been beaten 99-17...

Stadium will be empty atmosphere will be like a morgue. Who sucks less will win. I know Shrader will ball out but will anyone else? I will give Gibson credit the dude runs hard just gotta hang on to the ball. Deddrick been playing hard too. It's just gonna be an ugly game

MarketingBully
10-27-2019, 07:31 PM
That stuff isn’t good for anything. Ignore it. It’ll all work itself out the end of Nov.

Please let him take the Rutgers job if he goes 6-6.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 07:32 PM

Yep. Can't screw up this next hire though

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 07:33 PM
Please let him take the Rutgers job if he goes 6-6.

Rutgers ain't hiring him. All the national writers dumping on him and the crap show he's putting on the field makes un hireable as an hc

MarketingBully
10-27-2019, 07:34 PM

I want Norvell or Clark and freaking pay them. Best for all involved imo is Moorhead goes 6-6 and takes the Rutgers job. That way we aren’t obligated to buy the rest of his contract and we can make a clean break.

MarketingBully
10-27-2019, 07:35 PM
Rutgers ain't hiring him. All the national writers dumping on him and the crap show he's putting on the field makes un hireable as an hc

If he goes 6-6 though, it could be done.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 07:36 PM
I want Norvell or Clark and freaking pay them. Best for all involved imo is Moorhead goes 6-6 and takes the Rutgers job. That way we aren’t obligated to buy the rest of his contract and we can make a clean break.

I like norvell but he's gonna have to get a great DC cause he's never had a good defense. There's a few others out there that are interesting choices

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 07:38 PM
If he goes 6-6 though, it could be done.

Many reports now saying Rutgers is off him. Schiano probably the one there.

Coursesuper
10-27-2019, 07:40 PM

It's just bad and if it's here now we aren't at the bottom yet, like you said this will get solved late Nov early Dec.

TNDawg35
10-27-2019, 08:23 PM
Many reports now saying Rutgers is off him. Schiano probably the one there.

Rutgers is saying that because Joes agent told them they were becoming a distraction with the media circus on Finebaum and such. Just let everything play out. They are still on him. If it was Schiano, it would have already been done. Joes agent sold them on we are Mississippi State and suck as a program. That’s why he is struggling and he can turn them around like he did Penn State...

Homedawg
10-27-2019, 08:25 PM
If we beat ourselves and Arkansas plays clean football, yes they can beat us. Odds are good though they won’t have a clean game. I don’t think you guys realize just how bad Arkansas is.

I don't think you realize just how bad WE are....

Homedawg
10-27-2019, 08:26 PM

We aren't going to hire Bill Clark. Well John Cohen isn't going to u hire Bill Clark. How's that.

dawgday166
10-27-2019, 08:28 PM
Rutgers is saying that because Joes agent told them they were becoming a distraction with the media circus on Finebaum and such. Just let everything play out. They are still on him. If it was Schiano, it would have already been done. Joes agent sold them on we are Mississippi State and suck as a program. That?s why he is struggling and he can turn them around like he did Penn State...

Why you say this? Do you really know something? Or you just piecing it together? Don't have to say what all you know ... Just asking.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 08:32 PM
Rutgers is saying that because Joes agent told them they were becoming a distraction with the media circus on Finebaum and such. Just let everything play out. They are still on him. If it was Schiano, it would have already been done. Joes agent sold them on we are Mississippi State and suck as a program. That?s why he is struggling and he can turn them around like he did Penn State...

Well just have to see.

R2Dawg
10-27-2019, 08:42 PM

So true. We have to nail the next hire or MSU will sink to decade of destruction and no one will come here and coach but a high school coach. If that happens I'd go after EMCC HC or another top JC HC.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 08:43 PM
We aren't going to hire Bill Clark. Well John Cohen isn't going to u hire Bill Clark. How's that.

I?m not sure Cohen is going to hire anybody.

Homedawg
10-27-2019, 08:46 PM

I'm sure he'll get input, but it's going to be his call. Keenum isn't pulling the plug on him. It's a tough job to hire for, be honest. Odds are, statistically speaking, that whoever we hire we will fire. Dan was an anomaly. No joe has been an epic fail. I get it. Been saying it for more than a year.

Homedawg
10-27-2019, 08:48 PM
So true. We have to nail the next hire or MSU will sink to decade of destruction and no one will come here and coach but a high school coach. If that happens I'd go after EMCC HC or another top JC HC.

Smh......

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-27-2019, 08:48 PM
I'm sure he'll get input, but it's going to be his call. Keenum isn't pulling the plug on him.

If the rumor Cohen passed on Whittingham for SLOMO, then Cohen should be back coaching baseball somewhere.

OLJWales
10-27-2019, 08:54 PM
If we beat ourselves and Arkansas plays clean football, yes they can beat us. Odds are good though they won?t have a clean game. I don?t think you guys realize just how bad Arkansas is.

And maybe some don't realize how bad WE are. The game will be a limp dicked pillow fight with highlights on Comedy Central.

Dawgology
10-27-2019, 09:05 PM
You know it’s bad when Rutgers doesn’t want your head football coach from the SEC.

OLJWales
10-27-2019, 09:07 PM

I see where you're going here. I normally have no inside info but I did have with the baseball hire . The TCU HC was all but a
done deal. What happened to botch it I have no idea. Cohen has no bidness having total control of the next football hire. He's shown too much incompetence in this arena..

OLJWales
10-27-2019, 09:19 PM
You know it’s bad when Rutgers doesn’t want your head football coach from the SEC.

Yep.

Irondawg
10-27-2019, 09:24 PM
If Bill Clark even wants an interview - he better show something the next 3 weeks - vs. Tenn, USM and La Tech

He's not at the top of my list and neither is Norvell

3rdGen
10-27-2019, 09:27 PM
Question is......does he go the saban rehab clinic route and become one of their 3000 “analysts” for 2 seasons? I mean he sho need a learn how to “motivate” young men.

MD2020
10-27-2019, 09:41 PM
If Bill Clark even wants an interview - he better show something the next 3 weeks - vs. Tenn, USM and La Tech

He's already earned an interview with his resume. However, it wouldn't shock me if they beat TN. I can predict for certain they'll look better than we did at Rocky top.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 09:41 PM
I'm sure he'll get input, but it's going to be his call. Keenum isn't pulling the plug on him. It's a tough job to hire for, be honest. Odds are, statistically speaking, that whoever we hire we will fire. Dan was an anomaly. No joe has been an epic fail. I get it. Been saying it for more than a year.

I agree it’s not that easy to hire for. Heck- I thought Joe was a good hire at the time. It happens.

If he is doing anything beyond handing the next guy a cowbell I hope John has learned from his mistakes in the past. I’m 100% sure discipline will be a big focus this time around.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 09:44 PM
I see where you're going here. I normally have no inside info but I did have with the baseball hire . The TCU HC was all but a
done deal. What happened to botch it I have no idea. Cohen has no bidness having total control of the next football hire. He's shown too much incompetence in this arena..

I’ve heard different things about Schlossnagle and I had several people tell me that he was coming to be our coach. The biggest thing Cohen screwed up there was getting on the radio and proclaiming that we were getting a HOF all- CWS coach. That may have hurt us with him Schlossnagle because we gave away some leverage.

Homedawg
10-27-2019, 09:45 PM
I agree it’s not that easy to hire for. Heck- I thought Joe was a good hire at the time. It happens.

If he is doing anything beyond handing the next guy a cowbell I hope John has learned from his mistakes in the past. I’m 100% sure discipline will be a big focus this time around.

I think that's a very good and fair post...

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 09:45 PM
He's already earned an interview with his resume. However, it wouldn't shock me if they beat TN. I can predict for certain they'll look better than we did at Rocky top.

If he beats Tennessee he will become a hot commodity. He could be a good fit because he would be a CEO coach.

Homedawg
10-27-2019, 09:46 PM
I’ve heard different things about Schlossnagle and I had several people tell me that he was coming to be our coach. The biggest thing Cohen screwed up there was getting on the radio and proclaiming that we were getting a HOF all- CWS coach. That may have hurt us with him Schlossnagle because we gave away some leverage.

Again, agree, he opened his mouth and that's what got him in trouble. He felt certain he had one of the two he wanted. Well that was wrong. He learned. I hope.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 09:53 PM
I?ve heard different things about Schlossnagle and I had several people tell me that he was coming to be our coach. The biggest thing Cohen screwed up there was getting on the radio and proclaiming that we were getting a HOF all- CWS coach. That may have hurt us with him Schlossnagle because we gave away some leverage.

Schloss was coming. I saw some texts he sent to some folks.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 10:00 PM
Again, agree, he opened his mouth and that's what got him in trouble. He felt certain he had one of the two he wanted. Well that was wrong. He learned. I hope.

Schloss was coming. I saw some texts he sent to some folks.

Too many reputable people were telling me this for it to not be true. People who don’t have a dog in the hunt at MSU.

And as far as Moorhead if he told him to look for another job I think that is the right way to handle our situation. So that’s encouraging. Hopefully it works out for all in the end.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-27-2019, 10:11 PM
Stadium will be empty atmosphere will be like a morgue. Who sucks less will win. I know Shrader will ball out but will anyone else? I will give Gibson credit the dude runs hard just gotta hang on to the ball. Deddrick been playing hard too. It's just gonna be an ugly game

You mean he will be 14 of 30 instead of 13 of 30. Asking for a friend. **

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 10:13 PM

Good one lol!

In all seriousness though GS will compete who else will I'm not sure about.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-27-2019, 10:15 PM
Like ?He? did Penn State....now that?s funny.

MaroonFlounder
10-27-2019, 10:34 PM

If the worst O-Line in the SEC decides to block for a change, anything is possible.

MarketingBully
10-27-2019, 10:39 PM

Why the hell not? Then maybe we need a new AD.

KB21
10-27-2019, 10:51 PM
If he beats Tennessee he will become a hot commodity. He could be a good fit because he would be a CEO coach.

I think the guy is a great coach, but I wonder if he can hire the kind of staff he will need at the SEC level. If you hire Clark, you are all but guaranteed to have Joey Jones back. Many want Jones replaced, and Clark was his defensive coordinator at South Alabama.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 11:00 PM
I think the guy is a great coach, but I wonder if he can hire the kind of staff he will need at the SEC level. If you hire Clark, you are all but guaranteed to have Joey Jones back. Many want Jones replaced, and Clark was his defensive coordinator at South Alabama.

Looking at the stats I would want Clark to hire a proven SEC OC as well. The defensive stats are very good. But the offensive stats are middle of the conference and they struggled to score on Alabama State or some other SWAC team.

If he insists on keeping Jones maybe it could be as an analyst. I’m not sure how much of the special teams issues are on Jones vs the other general lack of physicality and attention to detail that plagues the rest of the entire team.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 11:02 PM
If the worst O-Line in the SEC decides to block for a change, anything is possible.

Or maybe we could have used another TE or running back in the same formation to pick up the blitz more easily?

I’m no football genius though.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 11:06 PM
Why the hell not? Then maybe we need a new AD.

Looking at things I’m honestly not 100% sold on Clark. Norvell and Napier may be even better fits for us. I have questions about Clark’s offense, special teams, and recruiting. Napier honestly has the fewest questions at this point to me. Norvell has strong offenses, special teams, and recruiting but his defense is a question mark as well as the whatever in his background.

ZedFedder
10-27-2019, 11:07 PM
I halfway want to lose just to see the reaction

Mobile Bay
10-27-2019, 11:37 PM
If the rumor Cohen passed on Whittingham for SLOMO, then Cohen should be back coaching baseball somewhere.

Somewhere with a top notch little league.

KB21
10-27-2019, 11:48 PM
Looking at things I’m honestly not 100% sold on Clark. Norvell and Napier may be even better fits for us. I have questions about Clark’s offense, special teams, and recruiting. Napier honestly has the fewest questions at this point to me. Norvell has strong offenses, special teams, and recruiting but his defense is a question mark as well as the whatever in his background.

This is just off the top of my head, but these are the coaches that have been hired as SEC head coaches in the past 10-15 years.

I don’t think there were any new hires for this season.

Jimbo Fisher/Texas A&M — Previous head coach at Florida State. Offensive coordinator at Florida State, LSU, and Auburn prior to his head coaching stint.

Joe Moorhead/Mississippi State — Offensive coordinator Penn State, previous head coach at Fordham.

Jeremy Pruitt/Tennessee — Defensive coordinator Alabama, previous experience at Georgia and Florida State as a defensive coordinator. No head coaching experience.

Chad Morris/Arkansas — Head coach at SMU. Previous experience as an offensive coordinator at Clemson.

Dan Mullen/Florida — Head coach at Mississippi State. Previous experience as an offensive coordinator at Florida.

Matt Luke/Ole Miss — Interim head coach Ole Miss. Previous OL coach at Ole Miss and Duke.

Kirby Smart/Georgia — Defensive coordinator Alabama

Barry Odom/Missouri — Defensive coordinator Missouri, previous defensive coordinator at Memphis.

Ed Orgeron/LSU — Defensive line coach LSU, previous interim head coach at USC, head coach at Ole Miss

Will Muschamp/South Carolina — Head Coach Florida. Previous defensive coordinator at Texas, Auburn, and LSU.

Jim McElwain/Florida — Head Coach Colorado State. Previous offensive coordinator at Alabama.

Bret Bielema/Arkansas — Head Coach Wisconsin.

Derek Mason/Vanderbilt — Defensive Coordinator Stanford

Butch Jones/Tennessee — Head Coach Cincinnati, previous head coach at Central Michigan.

Kevin Sumlin/Texas A&M — Head Coach Houston

Hugh Freeze/Ole Miss — Head Coach Arkansas State

Derek Dooley/Tennessee — Head Coach Louisiana Tech

Will Muschamp/Florida — Defensive coordinator Texas

Dan Mullen/Mississippi State — Offensive Coordinator Florida

Lane Kiffin/Tennessee — Head Coach Oakland Raiders, previous offensive coordinator USC

My first glance at this list is that the SEC has been very bad with their head coach hirings for the most part.

Homedawg
10-27-2019, 11:56 PM
This is just off the top of my head, but these are the coaches that have been hired as SEC head coaches in the past 10-15 years.

I don’t think there were any new hires for this season.

Jimbo Fisher/Texas A&M — Previous head coach at Florida State. Offensive coordinator at Florida State, LSU, and Auburn prior to his head coaching stint.

Joe Moorhead/Mississippi State — Offensive coordinator Penn State, previous head coach at Fordham.

Jeremy Pruitt/Tennessee — Defensive coordinator Alabama, previous experience at Georgia and Florida State as a defensive coordinator. No head coaching experience.

Chad Morris/Arkansas — Head coach at SMU. Previous experience as an offensive coordinator at Clemson.

Dan Mullen/Florida — Head coach at Mississippi State. Previous experience as an offensive coordinator at Florida.

Matt Luke/Ole Miss — Interim head coach Ole Miss. Previous OL coach at Ole Miss and Duke.

Kirby Smart/Georgia — Defensive coordinator Alabama

Barry Odom/Missouri — Defensive coordinator Missouri, previous defensive coordinator at Memphis.

Ed Orgeron/LSU — Defensive line coach LSU, previous interim head coach at USC, head coach at Ole Miss

Will Muschamp/South Carolina — Head Coach Florida. Previous defensive coordinator at Texas, Auburn, and LSU.

Jim McElwain/Florida — Head Coach Colorado State. Previous offensive coordinator at Alabama.

Bret Bielema/Arkansas — Head Coach Wisconsin.

Derek Mason/Vanderbilt — Defensive Coordinator Stanford

Butch Jones/Tennessee — Head Coach Cincinnati, previous head coach at Central Michigan.

Kevin Sumlin/Texas A&M — Head Coach Houston

Hugh Freeze/Ole Miss — Head Coach Arkansas State

Derek Dooley/Tennessee — Head Coach Louisiana Tech

Will Muschamp/Florida — Defensive coordinator Texas

Dan Mullen/Mississippi State — Offensive Coordinator Florida

Lane Kiffin/Tennessee — Head Coach Oakland Raiders, previous offensive coordinator USC

My first glance at this list is that the SEC has been very bad with their head coach hirings for the most part.

I think it just points out how brutally difficult it is to win in our league. Everyone can't be successful. Some, well most have to fail. Even the "good ones" meaning the ones who win(maybe and more likely at a better job, ie richt, miles etc) are said to be not good bc they don't win enough. Heck 14 teams, some have to lose... of course nobody thinks it should be them... and that goes for every sport.

Bothrops
10-28-2019, 12:35 AM
The chances of us hiring a coach that uses a scheme that would work with our schedule and could recruit well enough to facilitate it, are not good folks.

BhamDawg205
10-28-2019, 03:34 AM
That's why you hire someone who runs something similar to what's being ran in your recruiting footprint. The learning curve won't be so steep. I get the Jo experiment, but there's a reason Mullen offense worked here. Bring in a coach that mixes RPO in with his offense. Not RPO 90% plays called.

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2019, 05:54 AM

A Coach?s value should be determined by analyzing their entire career rather than game to fame.

UAB isn?t beating Tennessee. Tennessee is getting better each week.

I don?t care if Norvell did barely beat Tulsa. He recruits Mississippi and keep the work Fuente had done... on track. Norvell will be a good candidate for Mississippi State. Assuming he would even throw his hat in the ring ...

Cooterpoot
10-28-2019, 08:07 AM
If we hire Bill Clark or Fritz, I’m done. But we won’t.
I don’t care for Norvell because I think he’s a fraud but at least he’s putting guys in the league.
And Cohen didn’t pass on Whittingham. Whittingham got into a back and forth with him trying to up the price and get more money out of Utah. It worked too. They even brought back his OC.

BhamDawg205
10-28-2019, 08:30 AM
If we hire Bill Clark or Fritz, I’m done. But we won’t.
I don’t care for Norvell because I think he’s a fraud but at least he’s putting guys in the league.
And Cohen didn’t pass on Whittingham. Whittingham got into a back and forth with him trying to up the price and get more money out of Utah. It worked too. They even brought back his OC.

Go get Napier... HC and OC with SEC experience. His OC is the OL coach and they seemed yo be well coach. He runs a spread with lots of motion, similar to what most high schools in our recruiting area run.