PDA

View Full Version : Gus Mahlzahn

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 02:55 PM
If Auburn actually fires him we should be first in line to hire him. That is all.

bluelightstar
10-27-2019, 03:03 PM
I don’t think they are stupid enough to fire him, but he would be good for our room full of running QBs.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2019, 03:07 PM
If Auburn actually fires him we should be first in line to hire him. That is all.

If they fire him, he should be our coach within 15 min.

That said, I think Ark would react quickly as well.

DownwardDawg
10-27-2019, 03:10 PM
I think that goes without saying. I was watching their game with LSU and thinking about how much better a play caller he is than Moorehead. He fits our style and his offense is exactly what we need to be running at State.
It ain’t happening though. Auburn just threatens but they are not letting him go.

BeardoMSU
10-27-2019, 03:10 PM
That said, I think Ark would react quickly as well.

As would he.

ZedFedder
10-27-2019, 03:35 PM
Malzahn has gotten a lot of flack over the years at Auburn, but I think he is a really good coach. His staff has already recruited MS a lot too. Had success in MS last year.

Matt3467
10-27-2019, 03:40 PM
As would he.

Don't think Gus to Ark would be as possible as some think. There's some bad blood there.

ScooterDog
10-27-2019, 03:42 PM
I think he would be a good fit for us also. Question is, could we afford him?

DownwardDawg
10-27-2019, 03:44 PM
Don't think Gus to Ark would be as possible as some think. There's some bad blood there.

I agree. I think if both offered, he would end up at State.

DownwardDawg
10-27-2019, 03:45 PM
I think he would be a good fit for us also. Question is, could we afford him?

$7 million a year? Would that be enough?

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2019, 03:45 PM
I think that goes without saying. I was watching their game with LSU and thinking about how much better a play caller he is than Moorehead. He fits our style and his offense is exactly what we need to be running at State.
It ain’t happening though. Auburn just threatens but they are not letting him go.

Napier

OLJWales
10-27-2019, 03:46 PM
Gus knows the SEC West System and has won in it. I'd like that hire and he would have vengeance on his mind if he were to be fired from the barn.

OLJWales
10-27-2019, 03:47 PM
Napier

the more I look at his resume, the more I like him.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2019, 03:48 PM
the more I look at his resume, the more I like him.

He basically runs Malzahn's system

RiverCityDawg
10-27-2019, 03:56 PM
I was thinking about this earlier too. Auburn fans over here in Birmingham are always bitching about him. Many want him gone and have for the last couple of years. He's not an elite coach, but we would be no worse than what we were under Mullen, perineal 7-9 win team and not embarrassing like we are now.

If they lose to UGA and Alabama the heat from the fan base will be high. I'm not sure if it will be enough for them to fire him, but maybe it would be jut comfortable enough for us to come in with a golden parachute to let Gus get out in front of them firing him next year.

Ursus_americanus
10-27-2019, 04:12 PM
Not so fast my friends....Gus uses QB under center at times. Obviously doesn’t know what he’s doing.

KOdawg1
10-27-2019, 04:14 PM
Gus would also be good bc he would be motivated to beat Auburn every year. I still dont see Auburn getting rid of him

War Machine Dawg
10-27-2019, 04:59 PM
I’ve been saying this for years, Todd. I think he’s the perfect fit for us, both offensively and in terms of personality. That said, I think he’s pretty much off the hot seat there.

Bothrops
10-27-2019, 08:00 PM
I don't see a situation unfold this year where Gus is let go. His team is very good.

hp22
10-27-2019, 08:57 PM
Arkansas will be looking for a coach themselves

I also think Auburn would be crazy to let him go and don't expect they wilp

Shrader in the offense would be interesting

MoreCowbell
10-28-2019, 08:39 AM

Would love Malzahn but chances are if Auburn fires him then Chad Morris gets the boot and he takes his talents to Fayetteville.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2019, 09:08 AM
Would love Malzahn but chances are if Auburn fires him then Chad Morris gets the boot and he takes his talents to Fayetteville.

Maybe, but with Shrader & MSU's talent, he would just be way more likely to win at MSU

TrapGame
10-28-2019, 09:53 AM
Maybe, but with Shrader & MSU's talent, he would just be way more likely to win at MSU

Exactly.

If Auburn were to fire Malzahn that would be the dumbest move of 2019. We would be in a bidding war with three or four other P5 schools.

DownwardDawg
10-28-2019, 09:55 AM
Not so fast my friends....Gus uses QB under center at times. Obviously doesn?t know what he?s doing.

The hell you say?!?!? That?s against the rules isn?t it????

dawgday166
10-28-2019, 09:57 AM
The hell you say?!?!? That?s against the rules isn?t it????

Naw ... not against the rules. You just don't ever need to do it to win a game. Sorta like going to the farm during fall camp.

RiverCityDawg
10-28-2019, 09:58 AM
Exactly.

If Auburn were to fire Malzahn that would be the dumbest move of 2019. We would be in a bidding war with three or four other P5 schools.

If they go 8-4 their fans will see it exactly like we saw our season last year. They are already saying their offense sucks despite the fact that they have an "offensive-minded coach" and they are squandering a national championship defense. They are tired of losing 4 games a year and there will be a very vocal group wanting Gus to go.

TrapGame
10-28-2019, 10:04 AM
If they go 8-4 their fans will see it exactly like we saw our season last year. They are already saying their offense sucks despite the fact that they have an "offensive-minded coach" and they are squandering a national championship defense. They are tired of losing 4 games a year and there will be a very vocal group wanting Gus to go.

I think we should make a trade.

WPS
10-28-2019, 10:17 AM

I'm hoping Morris plays KJ Jefferson a lot in the last few games for Arkansas so we can see if there's anything to build on there at QB. Him and the two really good freshman WRs Knox and Burks would give the new coach something to work with. The OL and defense are both pretty awful but Arkansas does have the 2nd youngest defense in the NCAA so there's that I guess.

Not sure Hog fans would be happy with Malzahn given his past here and the fact that Morris is a Gus disciple and runs a very similar offense though.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2019, 10:21 AM
I'm hoping Morris plays KJ Jefferson a lot in the last few games for Arkansas so we can see if there's anything to build on there at QB. Him and the two really good freshman WRs Knox and Burks would give the new coach something to work with. The OL and defense are both pretty awful but Arkansas does have the 2nd youngest defense in the NCAA so there's that I guess.

Not sure Hog fans would be happy with Malzahn given his past here and the fact that Morris is a Gus disciple and runs a very similar offense though.

I'm afraid our game this week against y'all maybe one of the ugliest, boring games in SEC history.