PDA

View Full Version : It really makes you look like a f'ing joke

Coach34
10-27-2019, 12:49 PM
when you circle up to do Bull in the Ring before a game- and then proceed to give up 50 damn points and never in the game. It really does.

Tbonewannabe
10-27-2019, 12:53 PM
Desperation makes people do crazy things. I will at least say Joe is trying to correct his mistakes but it is too late.

msstate7
10-27-2019, 12:53 PM
Well, we are a joke. Thanks joe

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 01:06 PM
Among other things.

timotheus
10-27-2019, 01:13 PM
There just isn't much more that can be discussed and rehashed. The only way MSU football regroups is for Joe to leave. This upcoming game with the swine will do nothing to change this.

R2Dawg
10-27-2019, 01:16 PM
He loses this weekend, he is officially gone. Yeah everyone has forecasted but give Ark their only SEC win in 3 years and Joe can go ahead and put the for sale sign in his yard. Win and he lives to die another day.

NCDawg
10-27-2019, 01:19 PM
If Arkansas shows any kind of fight in them, I'm pretty sure we'll fold.

shoeless joe
10-27-2019, 01:31 PM
Desperation makes people do crazy things. I will at least say Joe is trying to correct his mistakes but it is too late.

He doesn’t know how to correct what needs correcting...at this point it doesn’t even appear he would be able to corect it even if he knew how

DownwardDawg
10-27-2019, 01:36 PM
He loses this weekend, he is officially gone. Yeah everyone has forecasted but give Ark their only SEC win in 3 years and Joe can go ahead and put the for sale sign in his yard. Win and he lives to die another day.

I hate to say it, but this is what our program needs. My God I can’t believe it’s come to this. I supported the hire as long as I could, but at the end of the day, I’m a bulldog thru and thru so I want what’s best for the program.

OLJWales
10-27-2019, 02:15 PM
I hate to say this but it if it takes a loss in Swineville to buy him out and give him his walking papers, I would come close to hoping for a loss. How it got to this place mentally for me is blows my mind.

Even if we win, the writing is SO on the wall that he ain't the man. Just hoping for a change and an Egg Bowl victory. Don't give a shit about a possible bowl at this juncture. Just give me an Egg Bowl and a new coach. That's all.

Gutter Cobreh
10-27-2019, 02:59 PM
when you circle up to do Bull in the Ring before a game- and then proceed to give up 50 damn points and never in the game. It really does.

Makes about as much sense as people in this thread assuming the head coach came up with this idea. Why isn't our DC's feet being held to the fire? He had 3 1st round picks last year, so it would be hard to screw that up. They leave and our defense looks like a bunch of high school kids out there. It's Sirmon level bad out there on defense and yet, Shoop seems to be getting a pass. I presume it's because the thought is if the head coach is gone, new coordinators are a given.

redstickdawg
10-27-2019, 03:03 PM
Makes about as much sense as people in this thread assuming the head coach came up with this idea. Why isn't our DC's feet being held to the fire? He had 3 1st round picks last year, so it would be hard to screw that up. They leave and our defense looks like a bunch of high school kids out there. It's Sirmon level bad out there on defense and yet, Shoop seems to be getting a pass. I presume it's because the thought is if the head coach is gone, new coordinators are a given.

There isn't anyone that is part of the fecal show that should be around next year, period. How bad of a coach do you have to be to take a team that is a regular bowl team and in 2 years become a laughingstock? unbelievable!

CoachT14
10-27-2019, 03:16 PM

The defense didn't just lose 3 1st round draft picks. They lost almost the entire starting lineup. Gerri Green DE/LB, Braxton Hoyett DT, Mark McLaurin - S, Jamal Peters - CB/S. So 7 out of 11 players were gone. But yeah let's just talk about the 3 guys (it's not like that is easy to replace anyway).

Let's also discuss how the 4 starters who came back all look fat, slow, out-of-shape, don't care, etc. That's on the head coach, his strength and conditioning program, and his lack of attention to detail or discipline. Shoop isn't perfect and has had some bad calls but overall, up until yesterday that entire unit had played much better than Sloppy Joe's offense had been. Your last few posts have been straight up ignorant and screams of the same desperation that Sloppy had yesterday with his "bull in the ring" stunt. Don't lay that at Shoop's feet, he's doing his best to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.

OLJWales
10-27-2019, 03:23 PM
That 52 yd TD made us look Abilene Christian esque. Makes me even wonder about THAT game.

parabrave
10-27-2019, 03:31 PM

There is an old saying for new military officers and leaders. You can always lower your standards but its too late to improve them, or something to that effect. IOW you start with very high standards.

dawgday166
10-27-2019, 03:36 PM
Last year I was afraid our inept offense would cause the defense to pack it in. They didn't. They kept coming out each series and played their ass off. Only because they got a lot of 3 and outs was the total possession time somewhat even in most games.

This year our D has packed it in best as I can tell. Add in the injuries, suspensions, etc. and Shoop has had to deal with a lot more than the O. Now he may not be as good as I think he is, but just not anyone in the country can produce a #1 D ... even if they have the talent. He also lost his Dline coach which had been with these same players under Mullen, and his linebackers coach too.

confucius say
10-27-2019, 03:48 PM
There isn't anyone that is part of the fecal show that should be around next year, period. How bad of a coach do you have to be to take a team that is a regular bowl team and in 2 years become a laughingstock? unbelievable!

and if we get to 6-6 and continue to be a regular bowl team? Just like 2011, 2013, 2016?

Just let things play out.

HancockCountyDog
10-27-2019, 04:05 PM

It’s what happens when you can no longer out scheme the opponent, you do BS like this.

dantheman4248
10-27-2019, 04:36 PM
and if we get to 6-6 and continue to be a regular bowl team? Just like 2011, 2013, 2016?

Just let things play out.

2013 lost to 6 top 20 teams and looked competent in the process while struggling with QB injuries all year. People who watched the games saw the brewings of a good team coming and an easier schedule with a lot of returning talent to springboard a great team. None of that confidence in the team is evident this year. It’s like 2016 where the coaching failures are blatantly obvious (in 16’ it was a horrible DC, this year it’s a horrible HC). This was a supremely easy schedule set up for MSU to have a great season and lack of discipline on and off the field and a horrible S&C (seriously, a coach at MSU who doesn’t believe in South Farm, yikes) leading to sluggish players and a major uptick in injuries has completely derailed it. After 2016 we got rid of the root of the problem. If this is a typical state bowl year like that we still should do the same thing to fix our problems. Get rid of the root of the issues.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-27-2019, 04:46 PM

Didn't Oregeron do something similar while at ole miss?

Coursesuper
10-27-2019, 04:53 PM

Even worse is the players can smell bullshit when these kind of stunts start going down.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2019, 04:57 PM
Problem is coaches have to be themselves. Players can sniff out fraudulence because they are around the coaches so often.

Nobody can be a fake version of themselves at all times. Thus they sniff it out and lose respect for the person.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 05:01 PM
I think joes trying to show all us fans that he can be "tough" too. It's a desperation move and looks like crap.

Maroonthirteen
10-27-2019, 05:27 PM
Even worse is the players can smell bullshit when these kind of stunts start going down.

Exactly and I think that is why we had the defensive effort we did later in the game.

The auburn games and this game. The offense did nothing ..... not even a first down the first two series. Then aTM puts things together for a TD and everyone knows what is coming at that point.

I give the defense a pass this year. Tutor gate and losing so many starters. The defense has played decent enough to win 5 games to this point.... IF. IF we have any semblance of an offense.

msudawg1200
10-27-2019, 05:38 PM
Problem is coaches have to be themselves. Players can sniff out fraudulence because they are around the coaches so often.

Nobody can be a fake version of themselves at all times. Thus they sniff it out and lose respect for the person.

This. Sloppy is who he is. His ?players coach? style might work at Penn St, UConn, or Fordham. It doesn?t at MSU. We need a hard ass who gets our players to play with an edge and chip on their shoulders. Moorhead ain?t that guy.When he was acting all hyped against LSU and was yelling at the players I looked at my wife and laughed. I told her that crap looks so contrived and fake. Those players paid zero attention to him. My wife who knows zero about football agreed. It(like the bull in the ring) was actually embarrassing. Mr. Players Coach is what he is.

Mobile Bay
10-27-2019, 05:44 PM
Exactly and I think that is why we had the defensive effort we did later in the game.

The auburn games and this game. The offense did nothing ..... not even a first down the first two series. Then aTM puts things together for a TD and everyone knows what is coming at that point.

I give the defense a pass this year. Tutor gate and losing so many starters. The defense has played decent enough to win 5 games to this point.... IF. IF we have any semblance of an offense.

Horse hocky. 31 to K state, 36 to LSU, 56 to Auburn, and 49 yesterday. Our defense is shit. It is weak and soft and sloppy. No pass given there. If anything this season is the defenses fault. Except against Tennessee our offense has scored more than enough points each week to win any football game.

Really Clark?
10-27-2019, 05:54 PM
Horse hocky. 31 to K state, 36 to LSU, 56 to Auburn, and 49 yesterday. Our defense is shit. It is weak and soft and sloppy. No pass given there. If anything this season is the defenses fault. Except against Tennessee our offense has scored more than enough points each week to win any football game.

Defense gave up 24 to KST. Both are bad but the defense is actually ranked a good bit higher in total defense. They have been put in really bad field position a lot this season and has inflated the scoring defense.

Our offense has not scored enough. A ton of those points you are pointing to are garbage once down 14+ and never recover to a closer score. The analytics are throwing a lot of those points out

dantheman4248
10-27-2019, 06:02 PM

Scoring 14 late against Auburn’s backups is not enough. Auburn’s first 21 points almost fall more on the offense / ST that gave the ball inside the 40 for all 3 drives. 7 against LSU and a 6 late is also not there. 35-10 before the offense gave any signs of a pulse outside of a couple plays in A&M. Nah. the offense has not scored more than enough in every game but Tennessee. That’s delusional and looking only at scores not watching the game.

Mobile Bay
10-27-2019, 07:27 PM
40 yards, hell 10, is enough to stop a drive if the defense is doing their job. We had plenty of short yardage situations last year and almost all of those yielded no points or a field goal.

Really Clark?
10-27-2019, 08:02 PM
40 yards, hell 10, is enough to stop a drive if the defense is doing their job. We had plenty of short yardage situations last year and almost all of those yielded no points or a field goal.

No it’s not even close to last year. Look the defense is not good. Lost a lot through draft and suspensions. No question. But the analytics are saying they are playing from really bad field position more than last year. Both are bad, offense is worse.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 08:39 PM
I think joes trying to show all us fans that he can be "tough" too. It's a desperation move and looks like crap.

This is exactly it. As Joe said himself- he is a people pleaser. If he wants to please me he needs to win games. Not jump up and down and have the team go through the bull in the ring pregame.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 08:40 PM
No it’s not even close to last year. Look the defense is not good. Lost a lot through draft and suspensions. No question. But the analytics are saying they are playing from really bad field position more than last year. Both are bad, offense is worse.

I believe we are among the worst in the country at turnovers on offense. Or that’s what I thought the TV said.

Really Clark?
10-27-2019, 08:47 PM
I believe we are among the worst in the country at turnovers on offense. Or that’s what I thought the TV said.

We are. 122 out of 129 teams. Putrid. Sloppy protection of the ball. Conversely, and another reason the defense is still a little ahead of the offense, we are 13th nationally in take aways. Complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

shoeless joe
There is an old saying for new military officers and leaders. You can always lower your standards but its too late to improve them, or something to that effect. IOW you start with very high standards.

It?s a lot easier to lighten up than to tighten up

Always gotta start out being a hard ass and once mutual respect is established you can begin to back off as you see fit, if needed. In the teacher works they?ll tell you ?don?t smile til November?. It all has the same meaning.

BrunswickDawg

We are currently 84th in Turnover Margin at -2.
We are 122nd in Turnovers with 18.

That is horrid.

Really Clark?
10-27-2019, 08:48 PM
We are currently 84th in Turnover Margin at -2.
We are 122nd in Turnovers with 18.

That is horrid.

And it’s all on the offense because the defense is 13th nationally in turnovers

BrunswickDawg
10-27-2019, 09:09 PM
And it’s all on the offense because the defense is 13th nationally in turnovers

Yep. Which to me shows that while the defense is struggling, they are still fighting and putting themselves in position to make plays. The offense is just bad. Out of 18 turnovers 9 are fumbles. This is one year removed from leading the country in fewest fumbles with 3.

Terrible fundamental football.

dawgday166
10-28-2019, 06:30 AM
Yep. Which to me shows that while the defense is struggling, they are still fighting and putting themselves in position to make plays. The offense is just bad. Out of 18 turnovers 9 are fumbles. This is one year removed from leading the country in fewest fumbles with 3.

Terrible fundamental football.

When your offense is as bad as ours, sooner or later most defenses will just say "WTF". I thought that might happen last year but it never did. I think that may be the case this year somewhat.