PDA

View Full Version : Pete Thamel Joins the Barrage

bluelightstar
10-27-2019, 10:18 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/saturday-takeaways-playoff-picture-shifts-after-stunning-saturday-042235827.html

Points out that Moorhead has now underachieved twice, has not been able to muster a competent offense, and squandered all the talent he inherited. Notes that it will be interesting to see if Cohen shows patience with him.

We are setting this up for a year 2 firing imo.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2019, 10:21 AM
https://i.imgur.com/fc2nLrG.png

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2019, 10:23 AM
If anyone is worried about the media reaction of firing a coach after 2 years, I think Thamel getting on board means that we now have Wolken, Forde, Finebaum, & Thamel that have called JoMo out for underachieving.

So exactly which national media member are going to argue if we fire him after 2 years?

I wonder if much of this is coming out due to agents of coaches that want the job fueling the fire with national media members?

dawgday166
10-27-2019, 10:25 AM
I don't understand why those folks don't understand that Moorhead had to rebuild the culture and get his players ******

BeardoMSU
10-27-2019, 10:29 AM
If anyone is worried about the media reaction of firing a coach after 2 years, I think Thamel getting on board means that we now have Wolken, Forde, Finebaum, & Thamel that have called JoMo out for underachieving.

So exactly which national media member are going to argue if we fire him after 2 years?

I wonder if much of this is coming out due to agents of coaches that want the job fueling the fire with national media members?

That is a good point, but I'd still be surprised if Paul didn't turn coat on us after the fact; it's part of his schtick. That being said, despite his somehow enormous TV presence, he's not exactly respected as a source of sports journalism, so IDGAF what he'll have to say.

StarkVegasSteve
10-27-2019, 10:34 AM

It sounds like something we're leaking to the national media and seeing what the reaction would be. And I imagine seeing that the response is mostly positive that would give us ammunition to pull the cord in year 2.

Quaoarsking
10-27-2019, 11:59 AM
Even if the national media did call us out for firing Moorhead, who cares? They'll get over it soon.

The "national media" was pissed that Houston fired Major Applewhite last year to get Dana Holgerson, and that blew over pretty quickly.

cheewgumm
10-27-2019, 12:02 PM
Ahhh. the collective

msstatelp1
10-27-2019, 12:55 PM
When did Rutgers start "lacking interest" in Moorhead?

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 01:04 PM
Even if the national media did call us out for firing Moorhead, who cares? They'll get over it soon.

The "national media" was pissed that Houston fired Major Applewhite last year to get Dana Holgerson, and that blew over pretty quickly.

Exactly. We need to worry about what is best for Mississippi State and not what makes the media happy.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 01:05 PM

Probably once they saw his BS here.

Irondawg
10-27-2019, 01:09 PM

Probably about 11:45 yesterday

Bothrops
10-27-2019, 01:10 PM

I'm sure there would be plenty. These guys would change their narrative in a heartbeat when this happens, as they view the MSU program as unnecessary in the SEC and love to discredit it.

R2Dawg
10-27-2019, 01:22 PM
That is a good point, but I'd still be surprised if Paul didn't turn coat on us after the fact; it's part of his schtick. That being said, despite his somehow enormous TV presence, he's not exactly respected as a source of sports journalism, so IDGAF what he'll have to say.

Paul will turn on us, he is setting it up. He will say, who does MSU think they are. They are the bottom of the SEC, always have been. Moorhead was national OC of year before arriving at MSU. He'll talk about how good Mullen was working miracles here and this is the reason he left because he knew he couldn't win big in Starkville.

Mark it down, this is coming from Finebaum as soon as Moorhead leaves.

BeardoMSU
10-27-2019, 01:25 PM
Paul will turn on us, he is setting it up. He will say, who does MSU think they are. They are the bottom of the SEC, always have been. Moorhead was national OC of year before arriving at MSU. He'll talk about how good Mullen was working miracles here and this is the reason he left because he knew he couldn't win big in Starkville.

Oh, I know. How he has a national presence in the football world, or at least the south, is a complete joke. Prior to the SECN he was a caricature with a radio show.

Really Clark?
10-27-2019, 01:34 PM
We should be pretty desensitized to what the media thinks of us. I do think several will stick by their thoughts if today if we finish 4-8, 5-7. They see the destruction of the foundation as well, mainly because it has happened so fast and we have lost our identity of toughness. But for the ones who turn against us, who cares. It is just one more example how we are perceived by the pundits. Let’s just continue to disregard their opinion just like they do ours.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 01:35 PM

And we shouldn’t give a shit.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 01:41 PM
And what has Finebaum done to be an “expert”? He has the same qualifications or worse than most on this board. He’s an asshole that ESPN put a microphone in front of his mouth and that means we should worry about what he says? I saw him swing a baseball bat in a segment and I’ve literally seen 10 year old girls with better swings than him. And Cohen need to nut up next time he comes to campus and acts like an unappreciated pompous asshole. I bet he’ll change his tune then. Or not- I don’t care.

OLJWales
10-27-2019, 02:06 PM

I know it's Rutgers but common sense at THIS juncture says they ain't offering. Not even Rutgers would be that stupid. I'm assuming that all the Rutgers chatter was BS from the beginning though. Could be wrong, who knows.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 02:18 PM
And we shouldn?t give a shit.

This! I could care less what pawl thinks. He's never been a fan of ours and has always trashed us. So who cares what he says. If we keep joe he'll say we're stupid if we fire him he'll be a turd about that too. If you ain't alabama he's not your friend and he's certainly does no good for us. Screw him.

OLJWales
10-27-2019, 02:24 PM
National Perception will not be as cruel to us at the end of the season as it was when OM fired Cutcliff. Thank you Dan Mullen.

maroonmania
10-27-2019, 02:24 PM
I'm sure there would be plenty. These guys would change their narrative in a heartbeat when this happens, as they view the MSU program as unnecessary in the SEC and love to discredit it.

Who gives a crap? We need to do what is best for MSU football regardless of what others think just like we did when we admitted Jeffrey Simmons. What Paul Finebaum thinks about who we hire and fire as our HC is absolutely the LAST thing I'm concerned about.