PDA

View Full Version : So we were doing a semblance of the Oklahoma Drill 30 min b4 game

Indndawg
10-27-2019, 08:00 AM
Props or Tears?

Dawgfan77
10-27-2019, 08:06 AM
It was bull in the ring. And it reeks of desperation and a look at me state fans I can be physical. I also think it contributed to us being soft on D

confucius say
10-27-2019, 08:11 AM
I have no problem with trying smn like that.
My guess is the players felt like it was BS though.

Hard to become physical in late October if you are not already physical.

The question is, though, is the lack of physicality a coaching thing or a DUDES thing? We were physical last year when we had DUDES.

Quaoarsking
10-27-2019, 08:13 AM
I remember watching Tyler Russell and Chris Relf do it back in 2011 maybe and just cringing at the idea of "what if one of them gets hurt?" It's not like either one of them were particularly good at it.

dawgday166
10-27-2019, 08:15 AM
I have no problem with trying smn like that.
My guess is the players felt like it was BS though.

Hard to become physical in late October if you are not already physical.

The question is, though, is the lack of physicality a coaching thing or a DUDES thing? We were physical last year when we had DUDES.

You can thank Piroli for that and Shoop on D. We were physical on Oline too when we wanted to be (AU) but whatever blocking scheme we're using to support the RPOs is confusing the Oline and making them tentative, at least that was it last year. This year, it's a combination of not being in as good a shape and the confusion.

R2Dawg
10-27-2019, 08:39 AM
It was bull in the ring. And it reeks of desperation and a look at me state fans I can be physical. I also think it contributed to us being soft on D

Agree completely. I mentioned similar in another thread. That is something you do in Spring or Fall camp. You don't do that in week practices during the season much less at warrmups. It looked pathetic and desperate and yes like he is reading ED.

R2Dawg
10-27-2019, 08:41 AM
I remember watching Tyler Russell and Chris Relf do it back in 2011 maybe and just cringing at the idea of "what if one of them gets hurt?" It's not like either one of them were particularly good at it.

I think that was just a one on one drill during spring game or practice just for fun. I remember Boyd and Cox going at it too.

Cooterpoot
10-27-2019, 08:58 AM
When a coach starts listening to the fans, he’s done.