PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- First Four Game Losing Streak Since 2005 Edition

Coach34
10-27-2019, 06:10 AM
1. 6 game win streak and playing for the division title next week- so what does that call for? Bacon-wrapped deer meat on the grill. Always a great gift to us non-hunters.

2. Remember all the comments about this game just a few weeks back? "We own A&M", "Jimbo is not a very good coach", "We match up well with A&M", "Mond sux". Game was over 1 possession into the 2nd half.

3. 1st 4 game losing streak since 2005. Championship Standard my ass. Down 42-9 at half to Auburn, Lose to Tennessee, Down 36-7 to LSU at HOME in the 4th Q, and now? Down 35-10 to a 4-3 A&M in the 3rd Q where basically the game is over at that point. Not only are we losing- we arent even competitive.

4. Lets check how well we prepared and ready we were to start the game- Offense? Two 3 and Outs and a turnover on our 1st 3 possessions for a total of 22 yards- which led to awesome field position for A&M's offense. What did they do with it? TD's on 4 straight possessions after a 1st possession punt.

5. A&M played Freshmen also. We arent the only team in the country that plays them. SC won at Georgia with a freshman QB. OM and Auburn play Freshman QB's. Florida has a freshman playing snaps every game at the QB position.

6. We continue to burn time-outs because we cant get the ball snapped. One of our TD's should have been a delay of game and JoVester was trying to call another time-out on that one. We got lucky for a change.

Screw it- I dont care at this point. We are painful to watch. The lack of intensity and effort is sickening. Watching the effort to tackle A&M's Freshman TE as he ran for a TD was absolutely appalling. Moorhead should be coaching for his job Saturday against a winless in conference Chad Morris. If you cant see that- you're blind

missouridawg
10-27-2019, 06:57 AM
I got in the message boards this morning and was fully surprised to see there are still people on the Moorhead bandwagon. I have no clue what they see. He just doesn’t have it and needs to go.

He keeps talking about building something. The only thing MSU needs to build is what he tore down. That incompetent piece of ****ing shit.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-27-2019, 07:21 AM
Maybe Moorhead can coach. Maybe he can’t. But whatever he is doing isn’t working here. My biggest complaint is the lack of effort, intensity, focus, and physicality. People laughed about Mullen’s “strain” and “relentless effort”. But nobody is laughing now. It’s absolutely shocking how quickly this program has gone soft and effortless. It looks like we are pillow fighting on the field. It’s not MSU football that we have known and loved for years, even through the bad years.

Bdawg
10-27-2019, 07:32 AM
Nothing to argue with today. At least some people have said we have at least put a feeler out( hopefully more). At least it tells me Cohen is not totally accepting this. I still will say this, I would like to have seen this year play out without tutorgate and so many injuries. Would have liked to have seen a healthy Tommy all the way through(I don't think he ever fully recovered and lost the team to Shrader). But even with all that, the players should be playing hard no matter what. That is what I'm upset the most about. Everyone can hustle no matter your ability!!

BrunswickDawg
10-27-2019, 07:58 AM
Nothing to argue with today. At least some people have said we have at least put a feeler out( hopefully more). At least it tells me Cohen is not totally accepting this. I still will say this, I would like to have seen this year play out without tutorgate and so many injuries. Would have liked to have seen a healthy Tommy all the way through(I don't think he ever fully recovered and lost the team to Shrader). But even with all that, the players should be playing hard no matter what. That is what I'm upset the most about. Everyone can hustle no matter your ability!!

I know Rouge says something happened that would keep KT from playing here again (that apparently wasn't tutorgate) but I wonder how much of this whole thing rolls back to that situation. That seems to have been a real breaking point with everything. It makes me really think that Stevens never had the team to begin with and it was all JoMo pumping BS.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-27-2019, 08:01 AM
One rule in leadership is “keep the simple things simple”. Moorhead has made even the simplest of things difficult. He has overcomplicated the simplest of tasks in football.

confucius say
10-27-2019, 08:05 AM
Pretty good.

I will add to your No. 4, we have not scored on our first offensive possession against a P5 team all year. 0 for 6.

Worse still, we only crossed midfield once in those six possessions, making it to the 48 against kan st. Whoof.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2019, 08:10 AM

I agree. I would've liked to see Moorhead without tutorgate and such, but the players have lost confidence in his abilities and I'm not sure how you build that back. Life isn't fair, but Moorhead has to go, because regardless of how fair or unfair his tenure has been, he can't win here because he lost the players.

timotheus
10-27-2019, 08:12 AM
Great analysis Coach34. Your comments are well said and factual. This is a terrible mess.

confucius say
10-27-2019, 08:12 AM
I agree. I would've liked to see Moorhead without tutorgate and such, but the players have lost confidence in his abilities and I'm not sure how you build that back. Life isn't fair, but Moorhead has to go, because regardless of how fair or unfair his tenure has been, he can't win here because he lost the players.

Which players?

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2019, 08:16 AM
Which players?

Do you watch our games?

It's 100% clear that our players don't respond to his coaching.

timotheus
10-27-2019, 08:18 AM
I was suspicious when Joe told us how the team had embraced Stevens after only a few practices together.

Bdawg
10-27-2019, 08:27 AM
I know Rouge says something happened that would keep KT from playing here again (that apparently wasn't tutorgate) but I wonder how much of this whole thing rolls back to that situation. That seems to have been a real breaking point with everything. It makes me really think that Stevens never had the team to begin with and it was all JoMo pumping BS.

I don't know. I can only imagine that Moorhead and KT came to an agreement about keeping his redshirt and playing only if necessary. Bringing in Tommy could have screwed things up with the team, but I was glad Joe did it because I thought he was improving the position. But on the flip side, the team did vote him team captain so Tommy must have been doing something right.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2019, 08:30 AM
I was suspicious when Joe told us how the team had embraced Stevens after only a few practices together.

Yeah. That seem fabricated.

Bdawg
10-27-2019, 08:31 AM
One rule in leadership is “keep the simple things simple”. Moorhead has made even the simplest of things difficult. He has overcomplicated the simplest of tasks in football.

A lot of football just comes down to blocking and tackling. If you can't do those two things, you can forget it. We can't sniff either right now

Gutter Cobreh
10-27-2019, 08:31 AM
For someone with extensive football knowledge C34, I'm surprised you didn't mention the turnovers, some officiating calls (like the interception where Zuber was literally laying on the ground, or our soft ass defense as keys to the outcome. You did mention both teams playing freshman, but were both of A&M's corners also freshman?

None of this fits your narrative, so instead we get a bullet point about deer sausage. Makes sense.

Bdawg
10-27-2019, 08:35 AM

If your team won't play hard for you, you got to go. I don't know if Ive ever seen a coach get it back together either.

dawgday166
10-27-2019, 08:42 AM
TAM Depth chart:
Offense has 1 Sr. at OC Plays Sophs at TE & RB. Plays Fr at RG.
Defense has 1 Sr. at DE Plays Sophs at DE, DT, WLB, SLB, & FS. Plays Fr. at SS.

Offense Backups: Sophs at WR, LG, QB. Fr at WR. RG. RT. TE (long TD yesterday), RB
Defensive Backups: Sophs at DE, DT, & LCB. Fr at DE, WLB, SLB

That is a really young team. And they waxed us yesterday while everyone still making fun of Jimbo. He is overpaid but that is a very young team.

Dawgfan77
10-27-2019, 08:43 AM
Our offense is Croom level bad. In fact really the only difference is we are a shotgun formation offense and we use the QB run aspect. Other than that it?s the Croom offense

Bdawg
10-27-2019, 08:53 AM
For someone with extensive football knowledge C34, I'm surprised you didn't mention the turnovers, some officiating calls (like the interception where Zuber was literally laying on the ground, or our soft ass defense as keys to the outcome. You did mention both teams playing freshman, but were both of A&M's corners also freshman?

None of this fits your narrative, so instead we get a bullet point about deer sausage. Makes sense.

This officiating is really putting a damper on my ability to watch our games. All it takes is one penalty to kill our drives, and it seems it happens at least once or twice every freaking game. And review is not any better. And it's all across the league EVERY damn weekend. Just get it right. I don't care if it's for or against us. Just get it right so that it's an even playing field. I will say this, Hadad said they got to see another angle that we didn't see on tv and he said Zuber never fully controlled it(although the tv angle looked to me like he had it and his butt hit the ground). Replay should be showing all the angles available to appease the fans, too. Just sick of the inconsistencies that always seem to favor the "greater" team.

HoopsDawg
10-27-2019, 09:22 AM
We tried to instill toughness in pregame warmups with bull in the ring and Oklahoma. That's a little too late.

Maroonthirteen
10-27-2019, 09:43 AM
A lot of football just comes down to blocking and tackling. If you can't do those two things, you can forget it. We can't sniff either right now

Yep. I?m not excusing Moorhead. But.... yep, we can?t block for squat on O. Defense.... we are so damn slow we can?t wrap up or lay a square hit on a ball carrier.

CadaverDawg
10-27-2019, 09:47 AM
We went from being one of the most physical teams in the league on both offense and defense, to being the softest on both sides of the ball, in 1 year. That is disgusting, and Joe should not be allowed to stick around and soften our team and culture any more than he already has. I thought Cohen was the Intense Bastard? How can you be a hard nosed individual and stand by and watch this shit? All I hear is that "nobody wants MSU to succeed more than Cohen"....yet we keep seeing people say Cohen can't fire him after only 2 years?? What? Why? It's as plain as day that this guy ain't it. Cohen has got to do what he was put in the position to do....fix it. Fire this guy ASAP and show the world that while you did hire a guy that wasn't a good fit, you aren't too stubborn to let him fully erupt our program and set us back a decade. You can save face by making a quick move and then hiring a hard nose SOB replacement. Because a finesse, players coach is not going to succeed at MSU. We need a disciplinarian that develops. Surround him with coordinators that the players love and that can recruit...but our next head coach needs to be anything but the players' "friend". Father figure? Yes. Disciplinarian? Yes. Buddy, pal, friend? No. That's my opinion.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 09:54 AM
We went from being one of the most physical teams in the league on both offense and defense, to being the softest on both sides of the ball, in 1 year. That is disgusting, and Joe should not be allowed to stick around and soften our team and culture any more than he already has. I thought Cohen was the Intense Bastard? How can you be a hard nosed individual and stand by and watch this shit? All I hear is that "nobody wants MSU to succeed more than Cohen"....yet we keep seeing people say Cohen can't fire him after only 2 years?? What? Why? It's as plain as day that this guy ain't it. Cohen has got to do what he was put in the position to do....fix it. Fire this guy ASAP and show the world that while you did hire a guy that wasn't a good fit, you aren't too stubborn to let him fully erupt our program and set us back a decade. You can save face by making a quick move and then hiring a hard nose SOB replacement. Because a finesse, players coach is not going to succeed at MSU. We need a disciplinarian that develops. Surround him with coordinators that the players love and that can recruit...but our next head coach needs to be anything but the players' "friend". Father figure? Yes. Disciplinarian? Yes. Buddy, pal, friend? No. That's my opinion.

The last thing I’m worried about is Cohen keeping Moorhead around. We just have a couple of older fans who think that LT is running the show still.

BeardoMSU
10-27-2019, 10:03 AM
The last thing I?m worried about is Cohen keeping Moorhead around. We just have a couple of older fans who think that LT is running the show still.

We need to lose to OM in order to make change guaranteed, I fear.

Hopefully regardless of how the season plays out, Cohen's hand will be forced because Joe has already decided to take his talents to New Jersey. That's my hope, at least.

I just don't see them firing Joe if he beats OM. Our admin has way too much "little brother" in them to do that. That being said, the way we defended the slant yesterday, the Egg Bowl dilemma will likely take care of itself.

BeastMan
10-27-2019, 10:08 AM
The more people I talk to who I trust, I think JoMo is coaching for his job Saturday

basedog
10-27-2019, 10:08 AM
We need to lose to OM in order to make change guaranteed, I fear.

Hopefully regardless of how the season plays out, Cohen's hand will be forced because Joe has already decided to take his talents to New Jersey. That's my hope, at least.

I just don't see them firing Joe if he beats OM. Our admin has way too much "little brother" in them to do that. That being said, the way we defended the slant yesterday, the Egg Bowl dilemma will likely take care of itself.

I believe you are underestimated the administrators, times have changed I believe. We shall see.

msstate7
10-27-2019, 10:14 AM
The more people I talk to who I trust, I think JoMo is coaching for his job Saturday

Unfortunately, Morris is probably equal to joe, but has a lesser roster. Really hope beating ark doesn't save his job

GreenheadDawg
10-27-2019, 10:49 AM
Which players?

Have you watched us play? They don?t give a shit. It?s blatantly obvious that the effort isn?t there. He?s lost the team.

GreenheadDawg
10-27-2019, 10:51 AM

I have honestly never rooted against us, no matter what. But if this is the case, I hope we lose because it’s best for us in the long run. Moorhead has to go sooner rather than later.

dawgday166
10-27-2019, 10:51 AM
Have you watched us play? They don?t give a shit. It?s blatantly obvious that the effort isn?t there. He?s lost the team.

I actually thought both teams to begin the game acted like they didn't want to play ball yesterday. We just didn't want to play ball more than they didn't want to play ball.

defiantdog
10-27-2019, 10:52 AM
Unfortunately, Morris is probably equal to joe, but has a lesser roster. Really hope beating ark doesn't save his job

If we don?t beat a team that has a coach that refuses to move his family to Arkansas and can?t win an SEC game, then we should fire the entire coaching staff and have Boobie Dixon calling the plays the rest of the season.

MD2020
10-27-2019, 11:04 AM

Tommy's dad told Moorehead he wasn't coming unless he was guaranteed to start.

tcdog70
10-27-2019, 11:12 AM
What really pisses me off is last year. We had the best team talent in our History. Joe completely screwed the pooch. Put Fitz in the Relf offense with Hill and the A-train and we win 11 games. If we run a KISS offense intstead of the bullshit JOMO offense our defense would have won most games for us. Now this year JoMO has *****fied us.Our huge linemen can't block for shit and we run KH into the teeth of the defense . If we lose to the Hogs , Joe needs to be fired.

dawgday166
10-27-2019, 11:15 AM
What really pisses me off is last year. We had the best team talent in our History. Joe completely screwed the pooch. Put Fitz in the Relf offense with Hill and the A-train and we win 11 games. If we run a KISS offense intstead of the bullshit JOMO offense our defense would have won most games for us. Now this year JoMO has *****fied us.Our huge linemen can't block for shit and we run KH into the teeth of the defense . If we lose to the Hogs , Joe needs to be fired.

I disagree ... Joe just needs to be fired. Win or lose against the Hogs.

TrapGame
10-27-2019, 11:33 AM
I disagree ... Joe just needs to be fired. Win or lose against the Hogs.

Beating a team as bad as Arkansas should not be seen as a reason to keep your coaching job. If we are down to that as the litmus test he should be fired already.

Coach34
10-27-2019, 11:53 AM

there's one of my biggest fans. I didnt say anything about deer sausage btw, not sure why you would bring that up.

The interception was a helluva play by the DB. The play isnt over until the catch is completed. What else is there to say about the call? We had 2 bad fumbles- what else is there to say about it?

What exactly is my "narrative"? Is my narrative to point out we are 90th in the country in scoring offense- despite getting more and more garbage time points? Or that we are 88th in the country in total offense even after getting over 200 yards of offense once we were down 35-10?

Coach34
10-27-2019, 11:55 AM
Tommy's dad told Moorehead he wasn't coming unless he was guaranteed to start.

Well duh- I thought this was common knowledge? When Stevens announced he was coming here it was known he was going to be the guy. KT was never going to be given the chance if JoVester could get anybody in here.

CoachT14
10-27-2019, 12:04 PM
For someone with extensive football knowledge C34, I'm surprised you didn't mention the turnovers, some officiating calls (like the interception where Zuber was literally laying on the ground,

Not C34, but you do realize everything you posted has already been said by plenty of people on this board ad nauseam. I don't coach football, but I do coach other sports and as someone with "extensive coaching knowledge", there's no reason to harp on missed calls especially during a blow out. None of that would have changed the outcome of this game, you bringing it up is just you trying to play straw man because you must have issues with C34.

our soft ass defense as keys to the outcome. You did mention both teams playing freshman, but were both of A&M's corners also freshman?

Our defense sucks, not sure anyone debates that issue so this line is useless.

The narrative that Sloppy is a terrible coach... not only because of his lack of instilling discipline, work-ethic, or any of his favorite p-word adjectives... but because he also is absolutely terrible play-caller that has not done anything on the first possession of any game against an opponent with a heart beat? Our offense, the thing he's supposed to be good at, is horrible. No garbage time bs stats that he will bring up tomorrow changes that. The only people with narratives are anyone who still thinks Moorhead can coach and frankly that narrative is about as bad as Sloppy's leadership abliity.

Really Clark?
10-27-2019, 12:04 PM
there's one of my biggest fans. I didnt say anything about deer sausage btw, not sure why you would bring that up.

The interception was a helluva play by the DB. The play isnt over until the catch is completed. What else is there to say about the call? We had 2 bad fumbles- what else is there to say about it?

What exactly is my "narrative"? Is my narrative to point out we are 90th in the country in scoring offense- despite getting more and more garbage time points? Or that we are 88th in the country in total offense even after getting over 200 yards of offense once we were down 35-10?

And still 90th in scoring even after garbage points. Both down a good bit from last year with ?not his guy? Fitz.

Shrader is probably the biggest positive we have and love what he brings. He was not good yesterday and play calling with a dynamic QB was...not ideal yesterday. And that?s being extremely nice.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 01:14 PM

Bingo.