PDA

View Full Version : For the record...

runwildjerious
10-26-2019, 09:41 PM
Who will be Head Football Coach at Mississippi State next year?

My answer: Lane Kiffin

Hambone
10-26-2019, 09:45 PM
Joe Moorhead

iPat09
10-26-2019, 09:46 PM
Joe Moorhead

We might set records for lowest attendance.

DownwardDawg
10-26-2019, 09:47 PM
No idea. It won’t be Moorehead though.

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2019, 09:51 PM
Moorehead. If it's Kiffen, we have officially given up on football. The GOAT Boy is a legend, in his own mind.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2019, 09:53 PM
It won't be Kiffin. Cohen won't go down the Cannizaro road again.

I don't know who it'll be but I bet they run the spread option

Cooterpoot
10-26-2019, 09:57 PM
Lane Kiffin is garbage

FriarsPoint
10-26-2019, 09:58 PM
I don't know who it'll be but I bet they run the spread option

^^^^^ That right there.

TrapGame
10-26-2019, 10:01 PM
Not Moorhead. The writing's on the wall.

KOdawg1
10-26-2019, 10:02 PM
I don't think it'll be Moorhead. If he's not fired, he'll leave for an easier job. I don't think he realized how cut throat the SEC was.

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 10:04 PM
Mike Norvell

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2019, 10:06 PM
Mike Norvell

I'd be willing to bet on him or Nappier

I wonder how much Nappier's recruiting ties in Memphis would help us?

TrapGame
10-26-2019, 10:08 PM
Mike Norvell

Yeah, I think that's the safe choice at this juncture.

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 10:08 PM

Couldn’t hurt.

I’d like to see us hire someone that truly wants our job. We’ll never know how Bobby Wallace, Jimbo Fisher, or Kyle Whittingham would have done here. Ray Perkins too.

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I think that's the safe choice at this juncture.

We’ll see how it goes. It’s never who we “expect” it to be. Especially this early in the process.

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 10:11 PM
And Shotgun- I’m not sure if you meant Norvell’s ties to Memphis- but Norvell has found some good players in Mississippi that were overlooked like Darrell Henderson. That’s pretty attractive to me.

timotheus
10-26-2019, 10:13 PM
Joe would love coaching this bunch of softies at Notre Dame. they are bad

MaroonFlounder
10-26-2019, 10:13 PM

There's only 1 "P" in NAPIER.

If you're gonna stump for a coach, at least get his name right.

TrapGame
10-26-2019, 10:22 PM
And Shotgun- I’m not sure if you meant Norvell’s ties to Memphis- but Norvell has found some good players in Mississippi that were overlooked like Darrell Henderson. That’s pretty attractive to me.

Genard Avery out of Grenada. Playing for the Cleveland Browns now. Would have come to MSU but I don't think we offered.

Mobile Bay
10-26-2019, 10:25 PM
Kiffin is way better than what we got.

confucius say
10-26-2019, 10:26 PM
Mike Norvell

If you think we are soft now.... whew. Now we would score, but would not be physical at all and defense would be optional

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-26-2019, 10:41 PM

Which is the reason we need to cut him now. The home slate sucks next year and season tickets will drop anyway BUT if there is fresh new hire, that would give fans incentive to attend. It?s a perfect time to let his ass go

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 10:45 PM
If you think we are soft now.... whew. Now we would score, but would not be physical at all and defense would be optional

I looked at the stats. To your point the offensive stats in conference are among the best in the league. Defensively about the middle or the bottom. If we hire him I hope he either keeps Shoop or hires Grantham to be our DC. His special teams coach is really good too. His o-line coach is more qualified than Hevesy or Johnson. He has NFL experience.

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 10:47 PM
Which is the reason we need to cut him now. The home slate sucks next year and season tickets will drop anyway BUT if there is fresh new hire, that would give fans incentive to attend. It?s a perfect time to let his ass go

I think we are handling this well by letting Joe go find another job. Assuming that is what is going on. That way MSU and Joe both save face.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-26-2019, 10:57 PM
I looked at the stats. To your point the offensive stats in conference are among the best in the league. Defensively about the middle or the bottom. If we hire him I hope he either keeps Shoop or hires Grantham to be our DC. His special teams coach is really good too. His o-line coach is more qualified than Hevesy or Johnson. He has NFL experience.

You honestly think he could get Grantham back? No chance

viverlibre
10-26-2019, 10:58 PM
Joe Moorhead

This is the correct answer.

CadaverDawg
10-26-2019, 10:59 PM
If it's Joe Moorhead....

Who will be our AD is 2021?

bobcat91
10-26-2019, 10:59 PM
Moorhead will get another year. Yall are simply acting like fools. He better win next year though.

TUSK
10-26-2019, 11:36 PM
Who will be Head Football Coach at Mississippi State next year?

My answer: Lane Kiffin

He?s unattainable, I think.

Upgrade, but not likely.

msu15
10-27-2019, 12:19 AM
He?s unattainable, I think.

Upgrade, but not likely.
Don’t be scared

TUSK
10-27-2019, 02:58 AM
Don’t be scared

Wha? You gonna take my check... then hire my cast off with it?

I’ll allow it. I think this imaginary thing would be fun!

MD2020
10-27-2019, 07:38 AM
Bill Clark.... the proven winner that does more with less. A perfect match for the university.

MD2020
10-27-2019, 07:38 AM

Exactly. It's more to football than just offense.

ScooterDog
10-27-2019, 04:00 PM
You said it all Todd. It's not going to be who we think it will be. Agree.

BulldogBear
10-27-2019, 04:06 PM
There's only 1 "P" in NAPIER.

If you're gonna stump for a coach, at least get his name right.

Yeah, we don't need a nappier coach. Already got one.

OLJWales
10-27-2019, 04:11 PM
Moorhead will get another year. Yall are simply acting like fools. He better win next year though.

I bet you are wrong. There's a new mentality in Vegas.

MarketingBully
10-27-2019, 06:51 PM
It could be like this: where will Norvell be coaching at next year? Arkansas, Ole Miss, or State? If we beat Arkansas next weekend, the Hogs will fire Morris. 0-16 in the SEC in two years gets you the pink slip. We win the Egg Bowl? How can OM justify keeping Matt Luke at 4-8 with his best win against us in 2017? The path to a bowl for us is beating 3 bad teams to get to 6-6.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 06:56 PM
You honestly think he could get Grantham back? No chance

Yes. His son is coming to MSU to play baseball and I think he would have stayed if Joe didn’t want Shoop.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 06:57 PM
It could be like this: where will Norvell be coaching at next year? Arkansas, Ole Miss, or State? If we beat Arkansas next weekend, the Hogs will fire Morris. 0-16 in the SEC in two years gets you the pink slip. We win the Egg Bowl? How can OM justify keeping Matt Luke at 4-8 with his best win against us in 2017? The path to a bowl for us is beating 3 bad teams to get to 6-6.

Does Ole Miss have an AD yet? Unless that’s resolved I can’t see Luke going anywhere. Until next year.

defiantdog
10-27-2019, 06:59 PM
Georgia tech actually shrunk their seating in the stadium by 10,000 seats in the 80s (they?ve grown since then)..... we could be down that path if JoMo stays. I know we won?t, but damn the stadium will be empty.

MarketingBully
10-27-2019, 07:11 PM
Georgia tech actually shrunk their seating in the stadium by 10,000 seats in the 80s (they?ve grown since then)..... we could be down that path if JoMo stays. I know we won?t, but damn the stadium will be empty.

You do realize now that all fans are behind getting rid of Moorhead the most Mississippi State thing ever would for Moorhead to win 3 of the next 4 to get to 6-6. I predict that is what happens because everyone is on this bandwagon.

Todd4State
10-27-2019, 07:15 PM
You do realize now that all fans are behind getting rid of Moorhead the most Mississippi State thing ever would for Moorhead to win 3 of the next 4 to get to 6-6. I predict that is what happens because everyone is on this bandwagon.

I hope we have better judgement and get rid of him after 6-6 if that happens. That’s MSU’s biggest problem- lack of foresight. See not calling Dan’s bluff after 2015 and not firing Sherrill after 2002. Or Felker after Tech and 10. Decisions like that set you back.

And before someone asks- Joe should be fired after the year because of the overall lack of team discipline. Once that is gone it’s almost impossible to get it back.

defiantdog
10-27-2019, 07:18 PM

Would be an MSU thing to do, but it ain?t happening. These guys aren?t playing as a team..... we are getting worse each week. I want to see the energy we had for the Kentucky game, but that ain?t gonna happen again. Arkansas is bad, but they?ve played more competitive games than us. We just got blown out by a mediocre A&M team.

We wanted Mullen gone when he went 5-7, but at least that team was competitive. I don?t know what we?re putting on the field this year.

MarketingBully
10-27-2019, 07:22 PM
I hope we have better judgement and get rid of him after 6-6 if that happens. That’s MSU’s biggest problem- lack of foresight. See not calling Dan’s bluff after 2015 and not firing Sherrill after 2002. Or Felker after Tech and 10. Decisions like that set you back.

And before someone asks- Joe should be fired after the year because of the overall lack of team discipline. Once that is gone it’s almost impossible to get it back.

If we win by 10+ next weekend, beat AC handily, and win the Egg Bowl that won’t excite me one bit. I want JoMo gone but the backend of our schedule is so bad (aside from Bama) that JoMo most likely will maneuver through it. Arkansas is so desperate with their QB situation they played Jerry Jones’s grandson against Alabama’s 3rd and 4th stringers who played prevent defense. We are going to play a different level of suck teams for 3 of 4 of our games down the stretch.

MarketingBully
10-27-2019, 07:25 PM
Would be an MSU thing to do, but it ain?t happening. These guys aren?t playing as a team..... we are getting worse each week. I want to see the energy we had for the Kentucky game, but that ain?t gonna happen again. Arkansas is bad, but they?ve played more competitive games than us. We just got blown out by a mediocre A&M team.

We wanted Mullen gone when he went 5-7, but at least that team was competitive. I don?t know what we?re putting on the field this year.

If you think JoMo has lost the team, Chad Morris never had his team. Alabama played for 30 minutes and didn?t give a shit after that. Alabama (without Tua and a shitty shitty back up in Wilson) led that game 42-0 at halftime. Arkansas is done themselves.

defiantdog
10-27-2019, 07:28 PM
If you think JoMo has lost the team, Chad Morris never had his team. Alabama played for 30 minutes and didn?t give a shit after that. Alabama (without Tua and a shitty shitty back up in Wilson) led that game 42-0 at halftime. Arkansas is done themselves.

Wait till we play Alabama

Commercecomet24
10-27-2019, 07:28 PM

Yeah this game is gonna be a battle of who sucks just a little less. The stadium will be empty and it will probably resemble that 3-2 game.

Quaoarsking
10-27-2019, 07:52 PM
Mike Norvell