PDA

View Full Version : My List

KOdawg1
10-26-2019, 06:20 PM
When it comes time for Moorhead to leave or be asked to leave, these are the people I call:

1) Kyle Whittingham - if the rumors of him being interested last time are true, I give him a call and hope/pray that there are no hard feelings. It's absolutely asinine that Cohen thought Joe, Pruitt, and Morris were all better fits than an established, successful P5 coach. That's a decision that should get people fired.

2) Dave Clawson - I really like this guy because he's won at every place he's been at. His offense is very good (currently 6th in total offense), and he only makes $2 mil. so we should be able to entice him away. My only concern would be his ability to recruit.

3) Billy Napier - I think Billy fits Mississippi State. He's coached under both Dabo and Saban, which is impressive, and he has ties to the south, so I think he would recruit well. He's also a mean 17er, which is what we desperately need right now. My concern with him is he's only been a HC for 2 years, so it would be a slight risk, but I really think he'd be successful here.

4) Matt Campbell - This one is probably a stretch, because I don't see him leaving Iowa St, but it'd be worth a call. He's gone 8-5 the last 2 seasons at Iowa State and is 5-2 so far this year. Impressive, especially at a place like Iowa St.

5) Bill Clark - This would be my choice only if any of the coaches above turned me down. Kind of like Napier, I think Clark fits Mississippi State, and I think he would coach our guys up here, but he's never been outside the state of Alabama which is concerning. Still, he's a good coach that'd should deserve some consideration.

Cooterpoot
10-26-2019, 06:20 PM
All but Bill Clark are ok. Worry about Napier getting fired at Clemson though. And we?ve got no shot at Campbell.

Really Clark?
10-26-2019, 06:26 PM
Whittingham is not coming and that bridge is burnt. Just best not even bring him up anymore.

Matt Campbell is not moving for what he would consider a lateral move. Not to mention you are looking at a min of $5-6 MIL per year to get him to talk (he is owed about $18.5 left on his contract) and he has a $6 MIL buyout

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 06:36 PM
I would add Sonny Dykes, Mike Norvell, and Shane Beamer.

Coach34
10-26-2019, 06:42 PM
1) Kyle Whittingham - if the rumors of him being interested last time are true, I give him a call and hope/pray that there are no hard feelings. It's absolutely asinine that Cohen thought Joe, Pruitt, and Morris were all better fits than an established, successful P5 coach. That's a decision that should get people fired.

Whit said no 2 weeks ago. He is making his stand in Utah. We missed that chance 2 years ago

KOdawg1
10-26-2019, 06:45 PM
Whit said no 2 weeks ago. He is making his stand in Utah. We missed that chance 2 years ago

So we reached out to him?

edited: nvm, saw your post in the other thread. Absolutely inexcusable by Cohen

Cooterpoot
10-26-2019, 06:48 PM

Dykes is terrible. I’m warming to Norvell because I’m just sick of this shit. I just don’t know on Beamer.

Quaoarsking
From the other thread:

Here's some names off the top of my head. Not an exhaustive list, and many of them may not be interested anyway. I don't necessarily advocate everyone on the list.

Group 1 - Worth a call, but don't get your hopes up
Urban Meyer
Mark Richt
Bob Stoops

Group 2 - Potentially a solid hire (already head coaches)
Blake Anderson
Craig Bohl
Kendall Briles
Bill Clark
Dave Clawson
Luke Fickell
Willie Fritz
Bryan Harsin
Josh Heupel
Jay Hill (Weber State HC)
Lance Leipold
Seth Littrell
Jeff Monken
Billy Napier
Mike Norvell
Nick Rolovich
Jake Spavital

Group 3 - The Coordinators
Dave Aranda
Todd Grantham
Graham Harrell
Bob Shoop
Brent Venables

Group 4 - The Retreads
Gene Chizik
Sonny Dykes (fired by Cal, but was a terrible fit there)
Hugh Freeze (personally I'd rather keep Moorhead)
Mark Helfrich (37-16 / 24-12 Pac-12 with a playoff appearance)
Skip Holtz
Lane Kiffin
Jim McElwain (22-12 / 16-8 SEC with 2 division titles)
Willie Taggart (I know, but he's been good at other jobs)

Group 5 - Already have a good/better job and probably wouldn't come, but worth asking
Dino Babers
Matt Campbell
PJ Fleck
Mike Leach
Les Miles (OK, Kansas is an awful job, but I doubt he would leave them so soon for us)
Gary Patterson
Kyle Whittingham

Coach34
So we reached out to him?

We as in "redacted"? Yes. They talk weekly

TrapGame
10-26-2019, 06:49 PM

Whoa...wait...so we are engaging interest from other coaches?

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 06:54 PM
https://www.offtackleempire.com/2019/10/7/20902857/power-ranking-college-football-coaching-prospects-in-2019-week-6-search-hire-head-coach-change-fired

From sixpack.

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 06:54 PM
Whoa...wait...so we are engaging interest from other coaches?

When the most reliable posters are saying the same thing it’s wise to listen.

DownwardDawg
10-26-2019, 07:01 PM
Muschamp will be available. Lol

DownwardDawg
10-26-2019, 07:02 PM
When the most reliable posters are saying the same thing it’s wise to listen.

Yes. He’s done.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-26-2019, 07:17 PM
When it comes time for Moorhead to leave or be asked to leave, these are the people I call:

If this is true, Cohen should have to fire SLOMO as his last act as AD and either resign or be fired himself. Selecting an unknown coordinator over a proven winner as a head coach means he has no business hiring the next coach.

KOdawg1
10-26-2019, 07:21 PM
Well, if the Whittingham ship has sailed, Clawson is now my #1 choice. Let's wrap him up before a bigger fish comes and poaches him

Cooterpoot
10-26-2019, 07:28 PM
I like Clawson, Brohm, & Babers as far as HCs that might give us a look. Might...but buyouts kill those for the most part.
But I think an OC or DC is more likely.

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2019, 07:31 PM

No to Dykes. He’s Air Raid.

msu15
10-26-2019, 07:41 PM

Cohen should be fired for that. ****ing criminal