To this
https://images.app.goo.gl/fa6HcK1FWYthsJ2v8

Really Clark?
10-26-2019, 06:05 PM
Yeah that’s not even close to true. We were in black by $15 MIL just last year

Commercecomet24
10-26-2019, 06:06 PM
Yeah that’s not even close to true. We were in black by $15 MIL just last year

That and I guarantee you there'll be contributions to the buyout fund.

Really Clark?
10-26-2019, 06:09 PM

I said the same thing in another thread. If we need to, the university technically won’t pay a dime of the buyout. However, I do understand the concern if we do that, who writes the checks, and Cohen feeling about those writing the check having a big hand with the next hire. But it could definitely be done without us feeling it. But we have to get the next guy right

DownwardDawg
10-26-2019, 06:19 PM
It’s like people completely forgot about the Seal money. It’s real. And there are Seal siblings that are just as big fans. Then, there are many others. Lil ol me has had the privilege to get to know a few of these folks.
I ain’t nobody (I love saying that), but there are several big dogs that have had enough.

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 06:22 PM

That’s another thing that a lot of our fans don’t understand. It’s the boosters that control a lot of the hires/firing. Cohen probably will have to give up some “power” as far as actually making the hire like Stricklin after he screwed up basketball. But unless Cohen is really stupid it’s better than the alternative for him.

Larry Templeton isn’t here anymore. Money isn’t an issue.

DownwardDawg
10-26-2019, 06:24 PM
That’s another thing that a lot of our fans don’t understand. It’s the boosters that control a lot of the hires/firing. Cohen probably will have to give up some “power” as far as actually making the hire like Stricklin after he screwed up basketball. But unless Cohen is really stupid it’s better than the alternative for him.

Larry Templeton isn’t here anymore. Money isn’t an issue.

So many of our fans don’t understand this.

MetEdDawg
10-26-2019, 06:25 PM
So many of our fans don’t understand this.

If that's the case then are THEY to blame for Moorhead?

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 06:29 PM
It’s like people completely forgot about the Seal money. It’s real. And there are Seal siblings that are just as big fans. Then, there are many others. Lil ol me has had the privilege to get to know a few of these folks.
I ain’t nobody (I love saying that), but there are several big dogs that have had enough.

And people need to remember this. And it’s why I don’t think Joe is back even if he goes 6-6. The only other coaches in my fan lifetime that were bad- Felker was a former football hero for us and very well liked in general. Croom was well liked by enough of our fans to get a legit shot and he won more big games than Joe. Joe is as I have said the most unpopular coach I have ever seen at MSU. Almost no one likes him. Everything he says comes across as phony or unbelievable. That’s when he’s not making excuses. And the effort of the team as a whole is embarrassing for all involved.

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 06:29 PM

No because they gave Cohen a chance to make the hire without interference. And he failed.

And now they have to step in. This is Rick Ray all over again. I wouldn?t be surprised if we end up with a Howland next year.

DownwardDawg
10-26-2019, 06:31 PM

Great question. As a team leader, you have to let your employees make their own decisions, especially if it looks good at face value. If that turns out to be a terrible decision, how much freedom do you give them the next time?
Just a hypothetical.....

Coursesuper
10-26-2019, 06:32 PM

That really depends on how things get handled, there was a lot of bad blood among our high end givers with the AD hire. If these men will contribute it shouldn't be a problem. But, they may sit this one out, they have given and given only to get closed out by a younger bunch that put Cohen in his gig now. So we shall see.

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 06:34 PM
That really depends on how things get handled, there was a lot of bad blood among our high end givers with the AD hire. If these men will change contribute it shouldn't be a problem. But, they may sit this one out, they have given and given only to get closed out by a younger bunch that put Cohen in his gig now. So we shall see.

I think the Moorhead experiment proved their point.

Really Clark?
10-26-2019, 06:36 PM
That really depends on how things get handled, there was a lot of bad blood among our high end givers with the AD hire. If these men will change contribute it shouldn't be a problem. But, they may sit this one out, they have given and given only to get closed out by a younger bunch that put Cohen in his gig now. So we shall see.

I hear you but I think when it gets to nut cutting time enough will step up to get it done. We will see. It is still our best play if he moves on to another school on his own. But many many discussions are being had. 4 straight losses since 2005...it’s bad

TheLostDawg
10-26-2019, 06:51 PM
Man no one can take a joke. I guess bad timing.

Coursesuper
10-26-2019, 07:13 PM
I hear you but I think when it gets to nut cutting time enough will step up to get it done. We will see. It is still our best play if he moves on to another school on his own. But many many discussions are being had. 4 straight losses since 2005...it’s bad

Y'all can put away any hope of this guy getting hired by anyone else right now that's not happening. This is our problem to deal with.