PDA

View Full Version : Is the buyout not forfeited if

Msujd164
10-26-2019, 02:56 PM
the program goes on probation under his watch?

CadaverDawg
10-26-2019, 02:57 PM
The buyout could be $20 million and we should still pay it. They will be giving away tickets to this shit fest next year if Joe is back

DownwardDawg
10-26-2019, 03:41 PM
Doesn’t matter. He’s gone.

TrapGame
10-26-2019, 03:45 PM
Doesn’t matter. He’s gone.

If he's here next season I'll be surprised. He will be the next HC at Illinois, BC or Rutgers. Even if we somehow miraculously finish 6-6.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2019, 03:50 PM
the program goes on probation under his watch?

I don't know but I'd sure as hell threaten him with that if it meant we could knock 5 mil off the buyout

maroonmania
10-26-2019, 03:53 PM
Doesn?t matter. He?s gone.

I don't think anything is definitive one way or the other until we see the results against Arkansas and Ole Miss.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2019, 03:54 PM
I don't think anything is definitive one way or the other until we see the results against Arkansas and Ole Miss.

I'd be floored if we won both of those games, but either way even if he wins both of those games, season ticket sales will plummet next year & we're just delaying the inevitable.

He doesn't have it

maroonmania
10-26-2019, 04:03 PM
I'd be floored if we won both of those games, but either way even if he wins both of those games, season ticket sales will plummet next year & we're just delaying the inevitable.

He doesn't have it

I've been floored many times in sports. And being honest, as bad as we are, beating those 2 teams will not require a Herculean effort anyway. MSU fans' attitudes will change significantly on Joe if we make a bowl at 6-6 with a win over OM.

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2019, 04:09 PM
What has anyone seen seen from the Moorhead Error that makes them think we will show up ready to play a road game? I understand how bad Arkansas is, but I think that game is a toss-up at best. We always struggle up there, even with Mullen and The Kang in charge. I pretty much expect us to show up flat and lose that one, honestly.

Really Clark?
10-26-2019, 04:12 PM
I've been floored many times in sports. And being honest, as bad as we are, beating those 2 teams will not require a Herculean effort anyway. MSU fans' attitudes will change significantly on Joe if we make a bowl at 6-6 with a win over OM.

I think it will calm some fans but if they are wins but they are as sloppy and disjointed as our losses, it just reaffirms how bad of a job he has done the last 2 years. ARK has not won an SEC game in 2 years but played this AM team much much better than we did today. Winning a cripple fight doesn’t mean anything. If we come out and completely dominate ARK and UNM will mean more to fans. But 4 straights losses is back to Croom years. It’s very bad

Saltydog
10-26-2019, 04:14 PM
This is bad and I hate to say it but I seriously doubt we're going to beat them up there.

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 04:21 PM
I’m not worried about the buyout. How much did our boosters just spend on Dudy-Noble again?

I think he leaves on his own and it’s moot anyway.

maroonmania
10-26-2019, 04:26 PM
I’m not worried about the buyout. How much did our boosters just spend on Dudy-Noble again?

I think he leaves on his own and it’s moot anyway.

To go where? He is not going to leave unless he has another P5 HC job lined up and I still don't believe anyone is going to hire him off a losing record here, including lowly Rutgers.

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2019, 04:29 PM
He can sell an 8 win season last year and this bad season as a bad fit to Rutgers, Illinois and BC. We know different, but we need to hope they buy it.

Homedawg
10-26-2019, 04:29 PM

True. 4-8 gone. 6-6 back for another. 5-7 all depends.

maroonmania
10-26-2019, 04:42 PM
He can sell an 8 win season last year and this bad season as a bad fit to Rutgers, Illinois and BC. We know different, but we need to hope they buy it.

As they say, there is a sucker born every minute.

StarkVegasSteve
10-26-2019, 04:51 PM
The buyout could be $20 million and we should still pay it. They will be giving away tickets to this shit fest next year if Joe is back

This isn't talked about enough. Whatever the buyout is, double that amount and that's what the financial loss will be of running Joe out there as the HC next year.

Saltydog
10-26-2019, 05:06 PM
To answer your question, no I seriously doubt it. Like many of us have said numerous times, unless you can prove some type of egregious personal misconduct on his behalf (does not include ineptitude and incompetence) then it's likely we can't do shit.

Dawgology
10-26-2019, 05:38 PM
Moorhead will not be hired away we will have to fire him or let him resign. The probation is definitely a bargaining chip. He hasn’t commented fully on Rutgers because your agent always advises you to not comment.