PDA

View Full Version : Are There Any Positives to Firing a Coach Mid-Season?

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2019, 02:46 PM
Just curious if there are any positives that anyone can think of?

Tennessee did this & they used "getting a head start on the coaching search" as the reason, but we see how that ended up.

Any other reasons or is it best just to stick this out until the end of the season?

Really Clark?
10-26-2019, 02:49 PM
Well we are hoping Rutgers mid-season firing is letting us ?help? our genius HC find a nice landing spot.

Skydawg1
10-26-2019, 02:50 PM

Tennessee did this & they used "getting a head start on the coaching search" as the reason, but we see how that ended up.

Any other reasons or is it best just to stick this out until the end of the season?Yes, the coach in question will be gone.**

Fader21
10-26-2019, 02:52 PM
I think if you fire the head coach you could get Cohen to take the recruiting test and contact recruits until a head coach is hired. This might help some not decommit. Also you can hire research firms to assist in finding out who is interested keeps the whole "we have had contact with any team or person about any jobs" line in coach talk relevant.

Last I can go back to tracking planes for fun.

shoeless joe
10-26-2019, 02:53 PM
An interim can come in and begin the process of instilling discipline and accountability...at least to some extent...and that?s why it?s be important as to who the interim is. Also, an interim gives us a chance at still reaching 6 wins and a bowl. As is we may get to 4 wins. So IMO it helps the program as a whole.

It also could allow prospective coaches to see that we ARE making a move and not just sending out feelers IN CASE we fire the coach.

shoeless joe
10-26-2019, 02:54 PM
I also think it allows us to quickly make a move after the last weekend and not lose as much ground for the December signing day

DownwardDawg
10-26-2019, 02:55 PM
Hail yes. Hope for the future.

Cowbell
10-26-2019, 02:57 PM
There is nothing worse than a dead man walking that close to signing day. He knows he’s gone and will be in contact with all our recruits. Read that again.

Spiderman
10-26-2019, 02:58 PM

Any other reasons or is it best just to stick this out until the end of the season?

Yeah, getting rid of a bad coach. That would be pretty positive to me

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-26-2019, 02:58 PM
It gives you a chance to somewhat salvage the early signing period. AKA the majority of your recruiting class.

DeltaChicagoDog
10-26-2019, 03:02 PM
“Just curious if there are any positives that anyone can think of.”

I get that the football program and a cfb season are totally different animals, but for whatever it's worth, a more extreme firing worked out for the baseball team. It may be the only way for any true leaders to emerge. It ain’t happening as it is.

parabrave
10-26-2019, 03:05 PM
Well it didn't hurt LSU and USC. But they had O to step in. God I can't believe I said that. But O did step in and was successful.