PDA

View Full Version : The Gig is Up: Time to Fire JoMo

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2019, 02:30 PM
https://dancingthroughtherain.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Empowerment-When-People-Show-You-Who-They-Are-Believe-Them.jpg

In my head, I keep giving this guy chance after chance after chance to give me something to hope for. Even if that is in defeat, give me something to hold onto & say, "I see it, we are getting better and are only .... away"

I can no longer do that with Moorhead. We can complain about his scheme all day long, but the fundamentals and culture of this program has been destroyed in 1.7 years & it simply can't go on any longer.

He's done. Even if he beats Arkansas & by some miracle defeats OM, I just don't see this working out.

The players have quit on their coach & that's not the player's fault.

It would take an incredible amount of discipline on my part to not fire him once the plane landed tonight, but I realize that may not be the best option for holding onto our commits & keeping our assistants working hard.

As for Cohen: it's hard to make this poor of a hire so long as you have absolutely any clue what you are looking for in a head football coach, but I'm willing to give him one more chance at hiring the football coach in hopes that he's learned a thing or two from the JoMo hiring experience. However, I'd put an ex-MSU football player on the search committee with Cohen to be a checks and balances type. I'd get an ex OL or something like that to help. Someone that can sniff out fraudulence & bullshit

Either way, this has to end & it will.

DownwardDawg
10-26-2019, 02:35 PM
Oh, he?s done. Regardless of what all you will read here, it?s a major decision for the future of our program. He?s finished. We WILL have a new coach next year.

ETA: I really hope we beat ole miss, and that still wouldn?t change my mind, but they are going to skull drag us. Remember all the ill will last year????

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2019, 02:35 PM
Oh, he’s done. Regardless of what all you will read here, it’s a major decision for the future of our program. He’s finished. We WILL have a new coach next year.

I agree. You just don't see any improvement. It's stagnant

BeastMan
10-26-2019, 02:36 PM
Lmao did you just post a Maya Angelou quote meme in a fire JoMo thread. Incredible, I never thought I’d see that lol

Mobile Bay
10-26-2019, 02:36 PM
All I know is we looked like a monkey 17ing a football out there and John Cohen is too stubborn and stupid to fire Sloppy Joe.

fieldcorporal
10-26-2019, 02:37 PM
Jig.

Gig is what aggies do.

But yea.

ShotgunDawg
Lmao did you just post a Maya Angelou quote meme in a fire JoMo thread. Incredible, I never thought I’d see that lol

I had to find something that was as soft as our football team in order to properly emphasize the message. LOL

BeastMan
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.

-Coach007 via Maya Angelou

RougeDawg
It was evident last year after the Florida Uk and Auburn games. What worked was evident to even Stevie Wonder. Yet, what worked was never used again. The clown is past due on his visit to Starkville. Time to evict him tomorrow.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2019, 02:38 PM
Jig.

Gig is what aggies do.

But yea.

Ok. Does it matter?

DownwardDawg
10-26-2019, 02:38 PM
All I know is we looked like a monkey 17ing a football out there and John Cohen is too stubborn and stupid to fire Sloppy Joe.

I don’t think the 2nd part of your statement is correct. Hopefully I’m correct.

Coursesuper
10-26-2019, 02:39 PM

What we have to hope for is he will have to get rid of the coach to save his own ass.

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 02:40 PM

I had the same thought!

Anyone know where I can get a list of the Oprah Book Club?

BB30
10-26-2019, 02:41 PM
https://dancingthroughtherain.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Empowerment-When-People-Show-You-Who-They-Are-Believe-Them.jpg

In my head, I keep giving this guy chance after chance after chance to give me something to hope for. Even if that is in defeat, give me something to hold onto & say, "I see it, we are getting better and are only .... away"

I can no longer do that with Moorhead. We can complain about his scheme all day long, but the fundamentals and culture of this program has been destroyed in 1.7 years & it simply can't go on any longer.

He's done. Even if he beats Arkansas & by some miracle defeats OM, I just don't see this working out.

The players have quit on their coach & that's not the player's fault.

It would take an incredible amount of discipline on my part to not fire him once the plane landed tonight, but I realize that may not be the best option for holding onto our commits & keeping our assistants working hard.

As for Cohen: it's hard to make this poor of a hire so long as you have absolutely any clue what you are looking for in a head football coach, but I'm willing to give him one more chance at hiring the football coach in hopes that he's learned a thing or two from the JoMo hiring experience. However, I'd put an ex-MSU football player on the search committee with Cohen to be a checks and balances type. I'd get an ex OL or something like that to help. Someone that can sniff out fraudulence & bullshit

Either way, this has to end & it will.

You gushed over the hire when it was made. Your the king of hindsight calls. Blaming Cohen for hiring a guy that had been successful at every stop and was considered one of the best up and comers in the game is dumb. Doesn’t matter who you hire when they are unproven coordinators you never really know what your getting. Cohen is fine as an AD. He could certainly do some things better but he’s new to his position as well and I assure you he has learned some things since making. This last hire that will help him make the correct one the next time around.

Fader21
Jig.

Gig is what aggies do.

But yea.

A Jig is a dance.

Gig is something you do for money. shotgun was right.

Todd4State
What we have to hope for is he will have to get rid of the coach to save his own ass.

He will. He’s not that stupid.

fieldcorporal
10-26-2019, 02:43 PM
Ok. Does it matter?

Yes.

It's all about precision, don't you know?

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2019, 02:43 PM
You gushed over the hire when it was made. Your the king of hindsight calls. Blaming Cohen for hiring a guy that had been successful at every stop and was considered one of the best up and comers in the game is dumb. Doesn’t matter who you hire when they are unproven coordinators you never really know what your getting. Cohen is fine as an AD. He could certainly do some things better but he’s new to his position as well and I assure you he has learned some things since making. This last hire that will help him make the correct one the next time around.

I did like the hire when it was made, but in my defense, I had never interviewed him & had the opportunity to tease out his soft tendencies & BS

I do blame Cohen, but, as I said, I'd give him one more chance

DownwardDawg
10-26-2019, 02:45 PM
He will. He’s not that stupid.

I agree.

shoeless joe
10-26-2019, 02:48 PM
I did like the hire when it was made, but in my defense, I had never interviewed him & had the opportunity to tease out his soft tendencies & BS

I do blame Cohen, but, as I said, I'd give him one more chance

I’ll defend you here gun. Cohen shoulda picked up on this in his first meeting.

Dawgpile
10-26-2019, 02:49 PM
Ok. Does it matter?

Only if you enjoy being inaccurate.

fieldcorporal
10-26-2019, 02:55 PM
A Jig is a dance.

Gig is something you do for money. shotgun was right.

"Jig is up" generally means one is no longer fooled by a pretense.

I guess either will do, but "Gig..." is a mis-statement of the much older "jig..." clich?.

Actually, it doesn't really matter - etymology is just more interesting than MSU football.

confucius say
10-26-2019, 03:02 PM
I thought the offense was better today, especially if Guidry and Gibson do not fumble. Did we punt after the first quarter?

Defense was embarrassing. Aggie scored 7 TD on 10 full drives.

I thought the overall approach to the game sucked again. No playing with edge, no energy, no toughness.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2019, 03:03 PM
I thought the offense was better today, especially if Guidry and Gibson do not fumble. Did we punt after the first quarter?

Defense was embarrassing. Aggie scored 7 TD on 10 full drives.

I thought the overall approach to the game sucked again. No playing with edge, no energy, no toughness.

You're letting garbage time distort reality.

The game wasn't competitive and there is nothing to hope for in the future.

He's a bad coach. The fundamentals just aren't there

confucius say
10-26-2019, 03:08 PM
You're letting garbage time distort reality.

The game wasn't competitive and there is nothing to hope for in the future.

He's a bad coach. The fundamentals just aren't there

Define garbage time please. The last 2.5 quarters?

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2019, 03:09 PM

When it no longer competitive and the opposition is just waiting for the game to end.

confucius say
10-26-2019, 03:15 PM
When it no longer competitive and the opposition is just waiting for the game to end.

So when was that? 21-7 just after start of second quarter?

We punted three times today. Two in first quarter and one with 10 minutes left in second quarter when it was 21-7. Got the ball back down 21-7. Never punted again.

11 drives. 5 scores. 3 punts. 3 turnovers.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2019, 03:18 PM
So when was that? 21-7 just after start of second quarter?

We punted three times today. Two in first quarter and one with 10 minutes left in second quarter when it was 21-7. Got the ball back down 21-7. Never punted again.

11 drives. 5 scores. 3 punts. 3 turnovers.

Ok whatever.

He's an awful coach and needs to go.

Really Clark?
10-26-2019, 03:21 PM

35-10 in second half, they went two deep soft and played to keep big plays from happening. They went conservative on defense right after that score when the went up 25 points. They didn’t care if we actually moved the ball some and ate up clock

basedog
10-26-2019, 03:23 PM
We made easy for the Aggies. They had to score most of there points starting around midfield. Two fumbles by us today, and we added to being 116th in country with turnovers.

We are a bad coached football team.

basedog
10-26-2019, 03:33 PM
delete double post

confucius say
10-26-2019, 03:37 PM
35-10 in second half, they went two deep soft and played to keep big plays from happening. They went conservative on defense right after that score when the went up 25 points. They didn’t care if we actually moved the ball some and ate up clock

Fair. I would have to watch the film.

We cut it to 35-17 and could not get a stop. 42-17

Cut it to 42-24 and could not get a stop. 49-24

Would have been nice to see if we cut have cut it from 18 to 11. I was just more disappointed with our defense and overall approach/low energy moreso than the offense.

confucius say
10-26-2019, 03:38 PM
We made easy for the Aggies. They had to score most of there points starting around midfield. Two fumbles by us today, and we added to being 116th in country with turnovers.

We are a bad coached football team.

Bart said Aggie average field position was the 43. Ho. Lee. Shat.

basedog
10-26-2019, 03:45 PM
Bart said Aggie average field position was the 43. Ho. Lee. Shat.

Defense couldn't stop 3rd down. Seems it's every game we start off 75 yards or more to start on offense.

Wonder what our average is on starting a series on offense and what opposition is when they start for the year?

maroonmania
10-26-2019, 03:51 PM
Ok whatever.

He's an awful coach and needs to go.

All I know is that (Bad Coaching + Tutorgate Suspensions + Injuries = Disastrous Season)

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2019, 03:52 PM
All I know is that (Bad Coaching + Tutorgate Suspensions + Injuries = Disastrous Season)

Yeah, the issue is that everyone including the players have lost confidence in him & I just don't see how he could get that back, even if he were a decent coach