PDA

View Full Version : I know there?s still technically a ?chance? Jughead gets to 6 Ws...

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2019, 01:34 PM
But let?s be honest, 5-7 is the absolute best he?ll do with 4-8 a good possibility. With that in mind, here?s my realistic interview list:

1. Norvell
2. Napier
3. Fritz
4. Clawson
5. Kliemann
6. Aranda
7. Joe Brady

Worth noting, 5 of my 7 are current HCs. Aranda is a hot name worth a gamble. Brady is a superstar coach in the making, I think. If you have the guts to grab him now, you have him for 8-10 years most likely before he takes a blue blood job.

3rdGen
10-26-2019, 04:19 PM
I so enjoyed how you turned that around after the subject line. Bravo!

ScoobaDawg
10-26-2019, 04:21 PM
I was just looking through the official prediction thread.. only one person had 6-6.. noone had 5-7. What a sh!tastic year

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2019, 04:26 PM
I was just looking through the official prediction thread.. only one person had 6-6.. noone had 5-7. What a sh!tastic year

I didn’t participate or I would have said 6-6. That’s what I predicted to my buddies in our group message app. I thought Jughead was worth 2 extra losses. I was wrong, he is apparently worth 3-4 extra losses.

NeuteredDawg
10-26-2019, 07:15 PM
Aranda will be a career DC. He doesn't want a head coaching job. Joe Brady? Not coming after we dump his mentor.

Doggie_Style
10-26-2019, 07:28 PM
Aranda will be a career DC. He doesn't want a head coaching job. Joe Brady? Not coming after we dump his mentor.

I completely disagree with your assertion....being able to understand and the ?science? of the RPO system is one thing. Being able to apply that knowledge and be a total program manager is another....it?s actually better to have someone with superior management/leadership skills. that person can find the technicians to do the X?s and O?s...see coach O

NeuteredDawg
10-26-2019, 07:34 PM
I'm saying Joe Brady not coming. Not saying he could not be successful here. He is just not coming.

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2019, 07:35 PM

And for the 1000th time, it isn’t Jughead’s system Brady runs. It’s Sean Payton’s system with some tweaks from Jughead’s system. LSU is playing with a much faster pace of play and very little “check with me.” That’s not a Jughead offense.

msu15
10-26-2019, 07:51 PM
In my defense I had no idea about the suspensions when I made my prediction, don’t think it would’ve mattered though.

Doggie_Style
10-26-2019, 08:11 PM
In my defense I had no idea about the suspensions when I made my prediction, don?t think it would?ve mattered though.

Most of us forgot to take off the maroon colored glasses....I should have known after the Iowa game....Moorhead is not a program manager

dawgday166
10-26-2019, 08:16 PM
I had 6-6 as the floor. 4 OOC games and Arky and OM. When I researched KSU right before we played them tho, I became a little more concerned with losing to them, but didn't think it would actually happen. You know ... first year coach and all having to rebuild yada, yada. We know all about how that is.

BeastMan
10-26-2019, 08:17 PM
Norvell is currently begging for our job. I wouldn’t be mad. I think Fritz would be a great fit. Dude has been a HC since 93 and has turned around everywhere he’s been. He’ll need some crooters on staff but who doesn’t

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2019, 08:25 PM
I had 6-6 as the floor. 4 OOC games and Arky and OM. When I researched KSU right before we played them tho, I became a little more concerned with losing to them, but didn't think it would actually happen. You know ... first year coach and all having to rebuild yada, yada. We know all about how that is.

This is exactly what I thought. I had UK as a likely win which pushed my prediction to 7-5. I thought we could possibly win UT or A&M but not both. 8-4 was my ceiling guess.

This was prior to suspensions or injuries.

dawgday166
10-26-2019, 08:30 PM
This is exactly what I thought. I had UK as a likely win which pushed my prediction to 7-5. I thought we could possibly win UT or A&M but not both. 8-4 was my ceiling guess.

This was prior to suspensions or injuries.

I had same ceiling as you. Kinda figured we'd beat Ky this year ... they lost a lot and game in Vegas. Expected TN to be better sorta on the order of Ky but we were up there, and then they came out of gates like they did. So 8-4 was my ceiling too.

KB21
10-26-2019, 08:46 PM
Mike Norvell has had 12 assistant coaches move on to other jobs, with 8 at the power 5 level. Of those, 6 have moved on to become coordinators. That’s strong! Having the ability to hire a strong staff is very important.

dawgday166
10-26-2019, 08:48 PM
Mike Norvell has had 12 assistant coaches move on to other jobs, with 8 at the power 5 level. Of those, 6 have moved on to become coordinators. That’s strong! Having the ability to hire a strong staff is very important.

He's probably mentoring them well too if that's the case.

TrapGame
10-26-2019, 09:06 PM
Norvell is currently begging for our job. I wouldn’t be mad. I think Fritz would be a great fit. Dude has been a HC since 93 and has turned around everywhere he’s been. He’ll need some crooters on staff but who doesn’t

Oh really?!! Do tell.

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2019, 09:19 PM
Brady seems like a huge risk. The guy is technically not even the Offensive coordinator and has not been anywhere close to running his own program at any level. I don't think we could risk it with him unless a lot of people think he is the guy.

Todd4State
10-26-2019, 09:38 PM

I’d be pretty happy with Norvell.

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2019, 09:39 PM

B...b...but he can’t win his conference and lost to ranked teams, so he shouldn’t be considered for our job. Cooter told me so, it must be true.*****

It’s freaking Memphis. They were one of the worst jobs in America. Fuente made them respectable and Norvell has kept them competitive when I thought they would go back to irrelevance after Fuente. There is no built in advantage at Memphis. They have to settle for scraps from 3 SEC schools in their backyard. It’s laughable anyone thinks it’s easy to be competitive there, AAC or not.

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2019, 09:41 PM
Brady seems like a huge risk. The guy is technically not even the Offensive coordinator and has not been anywhere close to running his own program at any level. I don't think we could risk it with him unless a lot of people think he is the guy.

He’s definitely not my first choice. But I think you at least kick the tires. I just hope we go for a G5 HC.

KB21
10-26-2019, 09:42 PM
The Memphis area is also a cesspool when it comes to recruiting.

TrapGame
10-26-2019, 09:45 PM
B...b...but he can’t win his conference and lost to ranked teams, so he shouldn’t be considered for our job. Cooter told me so, it must be true.*****

It’s freaking Memphis. They were one of the worst jobs in America. Fuente made them respectable and Norvell has kept them competitive when I thought they would go back to irrelevance after Fuente. There is no built in advantage at Memphis. They have to settle for scraps from 3 SEC schools in their backyard. It’s laughable anyone thinks it’s easy to be competitive there, AAC or not.

So, let me get this straight. A successful coach leaves a program and is replaced by a new coach and that new coach doesn't have to rebuild? He just keeps on winning?

Wait a minute. He must not be doing it right. Joe said we gotta rebuild.

dawgday166
10-26-2019, 09:47 PM
So, let me get this straight. A successful coach leaves a program and is replaced by a new coach and that new coach doesn't have to rebuild? He just keeps on winning?

Wait a minute. He must not be doing it right. Joe said we gotta rebuild.

I never heerd of sech * What dat mean? **

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2019, 09:47 PM
We have 4 games left. We ain't staying within 40 of one of them. The other three are among the weakest teams we will play. Our two "bad" (and I agree) loses don't look quite so bad tonight. Let it play out. My info is it's a moot point anyway THIS year. I have been suitably chastised for that. We will see. I know one thing, I miss Dan Mullen.

Really Clark?
10-26-2019, 09:50 PM
Norvell might just lose to 2-5 Tulsa

Really Clark?
10-26-2019, 09:51 PM
Wow! Tulsa misses a 29 yarder to win

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2019, 09:54 PM
So do we have enough "family" connections to hire Norvell and not have to fire him?