PDA

View Full Version : Another beer thread ( Baseball)....

BogeyGolfer
10-26-2019, 07:59 AM
Instead of waiting next year to start selling beer at DWS, will we implement beer sales at basketball and baseball as well? Why wait for football season to start again? I realize most people want to bring in a cooler to baseball games but what about those that don't want to drag in a cooler and want a beer to purchase?

starkvegasdawg
10-26-2019, 08:03 AM
Just realize if they start selling beer at baseball the days of sneaking it in are over. Just like Negan they'll shut that shit down.

Jarius
10-26-2019, 08:04 AM
Just realize if they start selling beer at baseball the days of sneaking it in are over. Just like Negan they'll shut that shit down.

So everyone will be able to drink at baseball games instead of just those that sit in the outfield? Sign me up.

Rawdawg
10-26-2019, 08:15 AM
So everyone will be able to drink at baseball games instead of just those that sit in the outfield? Sign me up.

Beer sales won?t start until football 2020. MSU is wanting to see how everything goes in Oxford before Keenum turns a blind eye allowing beer sales. Figuring out the Aramark situation is also part of the problem.

Jarius
10-26-2019, 08:20 AM
Beer sales won?t start until football 2020. MSU is wanting to see how everything goes in Oxford before Keenum turns a blind eye allowing beer sales. Figuring out the Aramark situation is also part of the problem.

In other words, Keenum is ignoring every piece of data that shows where this is not going to be a big deal because beer is sold at nearly athletic event in the world so we can continue to lose revenue. Cool. We are the only FBS school in the state not selling beer. Our leadership is being ridiculously stupid.

BogeyGolfer
10-26-2019, 08:24 AM
In other words, Keenum is ignoring every piece of data that shows where this is not going to be a big deal because beer is sold at nearly athletic event in the world so we can continue to lose revenue. Cool. We are the only FBS school in the state not selling beer. Our leadership is being ridiculously stupid.

Exactly, if a major university can't work out a deal and get quality vendors in place for basketball and baseball season then I really don't know what to say..How about striking a deal with one of the local home-town brewers like 1817 in Okolona, MS or others to offer different beers along with the standard? How hard is it for our admin to be a little creative?

Jarius
10-26-2019, 08:34 AM
Exactly, if a major university can't work out a deal and get quality vendors in place for basketball and baseball season then I really don't know what to say..How about striking a deal with one of the local home-town brewers like 1817 in Okolona, MS or others to offer different beers along with the standard? How hard is it for our admin to be a little creative?

But we would not want the left field loungers who severely underpay for premium baseball seats to have to buy beer like the people who didn’t have their great grandpa claim a spot in the outfield for free 60 years ago! They gotta be able to lug in coolers and continue to not contribute enough for their premium seats! **off soapbox **

Hail State

Rawdawg
10-26-2019, 09:36 AM

Their are current contracts in place that don?t allow them to bring on someone like 1817 out of the blue. And if a craft brewery like 1817 or SoPro wanted to get involved they would have to take out a loan big enough to significantly expand their production capabilities and also be able to pay for the contract rights moving forward. So in short it ain?t happening.