PDA

View Full Version : I had it confirmed for me....

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2019, 09:50 PM
over the last few days. The buyout is over $9 million. Joe WILL be here next year. Rumors to the contrary are just that, rumors. He ain't leaving and we ain't getting rid of him. Our financial position is better than was, but not enough better to do THAT. This source has never been wrong, ever. So, given that fact, why don't we do a most un MSU thing and support the coach until he isn't the coach. Our decision makers are not stupid. They also don't wish for pie in the sky stuff. That privilege is reserved for message boards.

Cooterpoot
10-24-2019, 09:56 PM
Then Cohen should be fired for extending that bullshit. But I still don’t believe that’s the number based on what I’ve been told. And if he loses to AR and OM, he’s fired.

Cowbell
10-24-2019, 10:03 PM
Then Cohen should be fired for extending that bullshit. But I still don?t believe that?s the number based on what I?ve been told. And if he loses to AR and OM, he?s fired.

Agreed. That is the definition of biting off more than you can chew.

Fader21
10-24-2019, 10:04 PM
I don't believe the number either. One thing to also consider is not only his buyout but the buyout of the guy we hire, if it's a head coach. That's why I believe he will be here next year also.

PMDawg
10-24-2019, 10:04 PM
We can always hope he takes the Rutgers gig.

cheewgumm
10-24-2019, 10:10 PM
Why would we negotiate a $9M buyout for a coach with 0 leverage?

Commercecomet24
10-24-2019, 10:15 PM
Then Cohen should be fired for extending that bullshit. But I still don?t believe that?s the number based on what I?ve been told. And if he loses to AR and OM, he?s fired.

This.

Tbonewannabe
10-24-2019, 10:16 PM
His entire contract is just over $9 Mil left. So that wouldn't be a buyout but just paying out his contract. I guess a buyout could extend the years in which we would have to pay him.

Randolph Dupree
10-24-2019, 10:28 PM
We should NEVER put ourselves in a position where we can't buyout a coach.

Really Clark?
10-24-2019, 10:35 PM
Here is all the coaches buyouts in the SEC except Derek Mason, per this 247 report:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Article/Will-Muschamp-buyout-compared-with-SEC-coaches-136114287/Amp/

msstate7
10-24-2019, 10:40 PM
Here is all the coaches buyouts in the SEC except Derek Mason, per this 247 report:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Article/Will-Muschamp-buyout-compared-with-SEC-coaches-136114287/Amp/

Wow

Really Clark?
10-24-2019, 10:49 PM
Remember that is the buyout if fired. If he is hired away the buyout is a little below $2 MIL. $9.5 MIL is high, especially considering he had no buyout on his first contract. But he is still the lowest in the league.

bobtail bob
10-24-2019, 10:58 PM

Man if that's accurate Cohen should be sacked. What did Sloppy Joe do last season to deserve that big of a vote of confidence ?

Homedawg
10-24-2019, 11:17 PM
Remember that is the buyout if fired. If he is hired away the buyout is a little below $2 MIL. $9.5 MIL is high, especially considering he had no buyout on his first contract. But he is still the lowest in the league.

He did have a buyout. That's not accurate. At all

Really Clark?
10-24-2019, 11:34 PM
He did have a buyout. That's not accurate. At all

Just going by what was reported. That his original contract had no buyout.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/how-much-it-would-cost-to-buy-out-each-sec-coachs-contract/amp/

Coach007
10-25-2019, 12:50 AM
Then Cohen should be fired for extending that bullshit. But I still don’t believe that’s the number based on what I’ve been told. And if he loses to AR and OM, he’s fired.

Nope

Coach007
10-25-2019, 12:54 AM

But he isnt being hired away. I have explained this.

dantheman4248
10-25-2019, 12:57 AM

No one takes you seriously. Stop posting. It doesn’t matter if you’re right or wrong. You’re a clown.

TUSK
10-25-2019, 01:05 AM
meh, $9M is cheap if y’all know he ain’t the guy.

Unlike wives, it’s seldom cheaper to keep a HC (when one considers LT ROI)...

Todd4State
10-25-2019, 01:23 AM
This is why MSU are rumored to be working on him leaving on his own. The feeling is probably mutual. We don’t want him and I don’t think Joe wants to be here either.

It just isn’t a fit for either one. And no- MSU fans should not support a bad product on the field because our inexperienced AD made a bad move.

If we have to buy him out I’m sure we’ll negotiate it out where it’s either lowered and/or spread out over a few years. So I’m not worried about the money not being there.

Todd4State
10-25-2019, 01:24 AM
meh, $9M is cheap if y’all know he ain’t the guy.

Unlike wives, it’s seldom cheaper to keep a HC (when one considers LT ROI)...

Yep. To much money at stake collaterally to afford having a poor product when everything is taken into account.

DeputyDawg94
10-25-2019, 02:23 AM
He had my support until he proved he didn?t deserve it with those BS games last year and then not adjusting this year. He gotta go.

viverlibre
10-25-2019, 05:58 AM
over the last few days. The buyout is over $9 million. Joe WILL be here next year. Rumors to the contrary are just that, rumors. He ain't leaving and we ain't getting rid of him. Our financial position is better than was, but not enough better to do THAT. This source has never been wrong, ever. So, given that fact, why don't we do a most un MSU thing and support the coach until he isn't the coach. Our decision makers are not stupid. They also don't wish for pie in the sky stuff. That privilege is reserved for message boards.

I think most rational fans already understood there is a high likelyhood that he would be back next year.

Really Clark?
10-25-2019, 06:19 AM

First off I didn’t say he was or was not being hired away, I was explaining the differing buyouts. You had no reason to chime in on something that was not even stated, but that is what douches do...no reading comprehension but I got to deliver a false message to the masses.

No you haven’t explained anything, you just offer your opinions in the most douche delusional way possible. You have no sources or inside info, just spouting off from your rear.

timotheus
10-25-2019, 07:31 AM
a douche.....sounds about right

BrunswickDawg
10-25-2019, 07:57 AM
This is why MSU are rumored to be working on him leaving on his own. The feeling is probably mutual. We don?t want him and I don?t think Joe wants to be here either.

It just isn?t a fit for either one. And no- MSU fans should not support a bad product on the field because our inexperienced AD made a bad move.

If we have to buy him out I?m sure we?ll negotiate it out where it?s either lowered and/or spread out over a few years. So I?m not worried about the money not being there.

So, basically, we gave the cheapest coach in the SEC a guaranteed contract. I would assume that what articles like this are missing is the actual language of the contract themselves. I'd put money on there being a negotiation process to determine payout terms. Worst case scenario is we pay Joe $2.375 million a year until he gets another job. That's a damn drop in the bucket, and should not be a hurdle at all in this process. Period.

PMDawg
10-25-2019, 08:18 AM
First off I didn’t say he was or was not being hired away, I was explaining the differing buyouts. You had no reason to chime in on something that was not even stated, but that is what douches do...no reading comprehension but I got to deliver a false message to the masses.

No you haven’t explained anything, you just offer your opinions in the most douche delusional way possible. You have no sources or inside info, just spouting off from your rear.

This is a good assessment of 007. She posts purely off emotion. There is literally no one on this board who I take less seriously.

Pipedream
10-25-2019, 08:24 AM

I don't know if your source is wrong nor right, but I find it hard to believe that we went from a $0 buyout to a full contract value buyout in one season. Again, not saying it's impossible because Cohen has shown himself to be an awful negotiator, but that seems highly unlikely. Pretty common cfb coach contract language to have the buyout be 50% of the remaining contract value, so if you cut that number in half, it's probably much more realistic. Secondly, it's not just MSU people that aren't going to support a failing product. That's not anything unique to State, it's human nature. No one wants to support a loser who has submarined the program in 1.5 years. Don't sell that horse shit like State people are bad fans because they aren't. They're just like every other fan base-just want to win.

Churchill
10-25-2019, 08:27 AM
If they agreed to a buyout of an unproven coach for more money than we can afford then they are worse than stupid

StarkVegasSteve
10-25-2019, 08:30 AM
As stated before, 9 mil is cheap compared to what the athletic dept will lose in ticket sales and the revenue the economy of Starkville as a whole will lose if he is brought back. If he isn't the guy, and most of us don't believe he is, you pull the trigger and worry about the consequences later. The money will show up for a buyout, it won't shop up for tickets next year.

Commercecomet24
10-25-2019, 08:33 AM
So, basically, we gave the cheapest coach in the SEC a guaranteed contract. I would assume that what articles like this are missing is the actual language of the contract themselves. I'd put money on there being a negotiation process to determine payout terms. Worst case scenario is we pay Joe $2.375 million a year until he gets another job. That's a damn drop in the bucket, and should not be a hurdle at all in this process. Period.

Brunswick gets it. There's always a negotiation process in a buyout. Rarely is it the full amount.

MadDawg
10-25-2019, 08:34 AM
I think most rational fans already understood there is a high likelyhood that he would be back next year.

Have you read this thread? We don't have many rational fans.

TrapGame
10-25-2019, 08:34 AM
4-8 and he's gone. I'd put a bottle of Tito's on it. SVS is right. The economic fallout for the school and Starkville at large in bringing him back is more than $9 mil.

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2019, 08:39 AM
I don't know if your source is wrong nor right, but I find it hard to believe that we went from a $0 buyout to a full contract value buyout in one season. Again, not saying it's impossible because Cohen has shown himself to be an awful negotiator, but that seems highly unlikely. Pretty common cfb coach contract language to have the buyout be 50% of the remaining contract value, so if you cut that number in half, it's probably much more realistic. Secondly, it's not just MSU people that aren't going to support a failing product. That's not anything unique to State, it's human nature. No one wants to support a loser who has submarined the program in 1.5 years. Don't sell that horse shit like State people are bad fans because they aren't. They're just like every other fan base-just want to win.

I think a lot of State fans are also very touchy about the Croom debacle. We gave him 5 years and he actually made the offense worse than Jackie's last year except in 2007. Moorhead's failures in SEC games is just throwing up red flags for a lot of people. We have seen someone that insists the offense will work when there is very little tangible evidence that it is going to work. It also doesn't help that for the most part, Mullen's teams rarely struggled with offense.

Jack Lambert
10-25-2019, 08:44 AM
I suspect if the right people want him gone he will be gone. 9 million is not what it use to be and state would not have to pay it all at one time.

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2019, 08:46 AM
Brunswick gets it. There's always a negotiation process in a buyout. Rarely is it the full amount.

If nothing else, you have to negotiate how much of his salary can be offset by taking another job. I doubt our administration is dumb enough to give a brand new coach who has never had a P5 job a fully guaranteed contract with no offset language. Jimbo might have a contract like that but A&M was pretty desperate to get him.

TrapGame
10-25-2019, 08:51 AM
I think a lot of State fans are also very touchy about the Croom debacle. We gave him 5 years and he actually made the offense worse than Jackie's last year except in 2007. Moorhead's failures in SEC games is just throwing up red flags for a lot of people. We have seen someone that insists the offense will work when there is very little tangible evidence that it is going to work. It also doesn't help that for the most part, Mullen's teams rarely struggled with offense.

I know guys like Bartoo are on the radio basically saying his matrix predicted this outcome. Although, it's funny he didn't say this 2 years ago. Anybody can look like Nostradamus after the fact.

Mobile Bay
10-25-2019, 08:51 AM

Cohen needs to be fired for a lot of things. Mostly his inability to make any decent hires. Plus the rest of his mismanagement of the Athletic Department.

MrKotter
10-25-2019, 08:52 AM
If they agreed to a buyout of an unproven coach for more money than we can afford then they are worse than stupid
What the hell is wrong with some of you? You take what one person has written in an article and run with it as absolute fact. How often are articles like this void of facts? They have gaping holes factually more often than not. Also, do you seriously believe if we shitcan his ass this year a check for 9 million must be written right then and there? Unless we have the dumbest of the dumb handling coaches contracts , and we do not, a 9 mil check will not be owed upon termination.

TheLostDawg
10-25-2019, 08:53 AM
If we drop him, better sell beer to help pay. If we keep him, they better start selling whiskey.

BrunswickDawg
10-25-2019, 08:58 AM
If nothing else, you have to negotiate how much of his salary can be offset by taking another job. I doubt our administration is dumb enough to give a brand new coach who has never had a P5 job a fully guaranteed contract with no offset language. Jimbo might have a contract like that but A&M was pretty desperate to get him.

We are the only SEC schools that are limited to 4 year contracts. The reason other schools have defined buyouts is because they make these ridiculous 6-10 year commitments locking up $25+ Million. It makes sense for them to limit their damages, and at the same time provide an out for the coach. The 4 year limit on our contracts essentially serves the same purpose.

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2019, 08:59 AM
What the hell is wrong with some of you? You take what one person has written in an article and run with it as absolute fact. How often are articles like this void of facts? They have gaping holes factually more often than not. Also, do you seriously believe if we shitcan his ass this year a check for 9 million must be written right then and there? Unless we have the dumbest of the dumb handling coaches contracts , and we do not, a 9 mil check will not be owed upon termination.

At worst, he is paid for the next 3 years according to his contract. He would get paid just like he was actually coaching here and that is the worst outcome of firing him. So you are correct, we wouldn't cut him a $9 Mil check.

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2019, 09:04 AM
We are the only SEC schools that are limited to 4 year contracts. The reason other schools have defined buyouts is because they make these ridiculous 6-10 year commitments locking up $25+ Million. It makes sense for them to limit their damages, and at the same time provide an out for the coach. The 4 year limit on our contracts essentially serves the same purpose.

Just curious and I am not just asking you but how does someone like Satterfield or PJ Fleck has their total contract and buyout. How often do coaches get 6-10 year deals, is it the norm?

Really Clark?
10-25-2019, 09:19 AM
Just curious and I am not just asking you but how does someone like Satterfield or PJ Fleck has their total contract and buyout. How often do coaches get 6-10 year deals, is it the norm?

Here is a report for Fleck’s contract and buyout

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/97738800

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-25-2019, 09:29 AM
http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/13AlEjfx6ej7aM/giphy.gif

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2019, 09:30 AM
Here is a report for Fleck’s contract and buyout

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/97738800

So he got 5 years at roughly 3.5 per year averaged. It looks like his buyout to take another job is around $3 Mil since he has 2 years off his contract with the buyout being $1 Mil per year of contract remaining. So PJ Fleck got 1 year longer of a contract and his buyout if Minnesota fires him was for half of the total contract. This contract makes more sense than the supposed 4 years fully guaranteed contract that is being thrown around. It makes me doubt the whole pay Moorhead $9 Mil scenario especially since he underachieved his first year.

Cowbell
10-25-2019, 10:19 AM
At this point, we would be better off paying the man and not even replacing him with a high dollar man. Just someone that can organize this chaos at all. You guys may call me crazy but this is going to get worse before it gets better. We are about to get kicked in the teeth in recruiting. Save this post.

BeastMan
10-25-2019, 10:22 AM
If he misses a bowl that $9M will be peanuts compared to what MSU will lose next year. We?re talking tens of millions in lost revenue. And some of y?all have no idea how buyouts work and it shows when you post this stuff. The buyouts are NEGOTIATED. JoMo wouldn?t get handed a check for $9.5M. That number is paid out over YEARS and there are several factors that would mitigate the amount such as new employment. If JoMo was canned he won?t receive $9.5 because he?ll get another job and even if he did he?d get it over 5 years, maybe more. So you?re talking $2M a year max to get rid of him vs losing $20M next year if he finishes rough. And if we count lost revenue in Starkville the town that number will get much bigger. So if you?re one of these people saying it can?t or shouldn?t be done for financial reasons, stop, because you have no idea what you?re talking about.

Now, where you could get in to trouble is if the NEXT coach is a dud and you had to fire him in 2 season then you?re looking at paying 2 buyouts simultaneously. That would hurt no matter how they are structured.

Further, what?s your solution to getting that buyout down? Not extending him? Lmao what a vote of confidence that would be. That would be a dead man walking situation.

If JoMo gets to a bowl and beats OM he deserves another year regardless if I think he?s not the guy. If he goes 4-8 he has to go and if you think otherwise, you don?t understand anything about the business of CFB.

TrapGame
10-25-2019, 10:25 AM
At this point, we would be better off paying the man and not even replacing him with a high dollar man. Just someone that can organize this chaos at all. You guys may call me crazy but this is going to get worse before it gets better. We are about to get kicked in the teeth in recruiting. Save this post.

Yeah, and Bartoo is comparing him to Dabo in the sense that Clemson gave him time and didn't run him off. We are not even remotely the same team in respect to physicality and discipline that we were under Mullen. That's a culture instilled by Moorhead. It's unacceptable. Yet, "This was to be expected." by Bartoo and his Voodoo Matrix. So, the business gets handed over to a new CEO and within two years its ridden in the ground and stock prices plummet. But, keep him another year or two and things will even out. No.

TrapGame
10-25-2019, 10:28 AM
If JoMo gets to a bowl and beats OM he deserves another year regardless if I think he?s not the guy. If he goes 4-8 he has to go and if you think otherwise, you don?t understand anything about the business of CFB.

This. Bottom line.

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2019, 10:36 AM
Yeah, and Bartoo is comparing him to Dabo in the sense that Clemson gave him time and didn't run him off. We are not even remotely the same team in respect to physicality and discipline that we were under Mullen. That's a culture instilled by Moorhead. It's unacceptable. Yet, "This was to be expected." by Bartoo and his Voodoo Matrix. So, the business gets handed over to a new CEO and within two years its ridden in the ground and stock prices plummet. But, keep him another year or two and things will even out. No.

This is what some people that don't follow MSU closely aren't seeing. Some guys like Doering that watch SEC football are talking about how the program is going backwards. Now, I don't know if they think Joe can correct it or not but we are getting to the tipping point to where it will be a lot longer road back to where we were with Mullen. By next year, you won't have many players on the team that actually remember the culture of Relentless Effort and it will be Joe's half ass effort but concentration on Execution.

I am not sure if Joe can turn it around with hiring a new S&C coach along with some other key hires. The bottom line is that Joe is coaching for his job for the rest of the year. No one expects to compete with Bama but we better not get dominated like we did at UT on the LOS except by Bama. I will say that UT has looked a lot better but our problem is that we have looked like we are getting worse as the year goes on except for about 2 quarters of the LSU game. Other than that, we are a worse team today compared to the UK game.

Johnson85
10-25-2019, 10:43 AM
If he misses a bowl that $9M will be peanuts compared to what MSU will lose next year. We?re talking tens of millions in lost revenue. And some of y?all have no idea how buyouts work and it shows when you post this stuff. The buyouts are NEGOTIATED. JoMo wouldn?t get handed a check for $9.5M. That number is paid out over YEARS and there are several factors that would mitigate the amount such as new employment. If JoMo was canned he won?t receive $9.5 because he?ll get another job and even if he did he?d get it over 5 years, maybe more. So you?re talking $2M a year max to get rid of him vs losing $20M next year if he finishes rough. And if we count lost revenue in Starkville the town that number will get much bigger. So if you?re one of these people saying it can?t or shouldn?t be done for financial reasons, stop, because you have no idea what you?re talking about. This is not exactly right. There is almost certainly a contract term that specifies what the buyout is. There may be negotiations as a matter of practice, but what those negotiations entail is going to be heavily dictated by what the contract says. If the contract says Joe Mo gets the full remaining contract less new earnings, then the negotiation will be how much he gets how quickly, and how much it is reduced or not for new earnings. So if the article is correct and he is guaranteed the remaining contract, we might negotiation to pay half immediately and not take into account any future earnings. Then he'd get money now rather than over several years, he wouldn't be "penalized" for a new job, and we probably get a good discount b/c nobody is going to pay him $1.5 to be a coordinator or head coach after this performance, so we're probably saving money over what we otherwise would have paid. But if I were JoMO, it would take more than half immediately. MSU is not a credit risk and he's probably not about to make big bucks in his next job, so there's not much incentive for him to take a haircut in exchange for an immediate payment. Maybe if it is customary and his agent tells him it will hurt him in his next negotiation if he holds out for all of it, but based on his performance, Joe Mo may think this is his last big paycheck and want to cash all of it.

Now, where you could get in to trouble is if the NEXT coach is a dud and you had to fire him in 2 season then you?re looking at paying 2 buyouts simultaneously. That would hurt no matter how they are structured. This is the crux. If we knew we had a successful coach waiting in the wings, then stroking a $9M check tomorrow would be a bargain. The challenge is that if you make two bad hires in a row, it makes it even harder for donors to stomach the buyout the second time, knowing that a third time might be around the corner. That is the big thing in JoMo's favor for coming back next year.

Further, what?s your solution to getting that buyout down? Not extending him? Lmao what a vote of confidence that would be. That would be a dead man walking situation.

If JoMo gets to a bowl and beats OM he deserves another year regardless if I think he?s not the guy. If he goes 4-8 he has to go and if you think otherwise, you don?t understand anything about the business of CFB. If Cohen extended JoMo after next year and kept his buyout at the full value of the contract, he needs to be fired. That is absolutely shitty negotiating. AFter last year's performance, you offer to extend him but you keep the buyout the same. Maybe you sweeten by half a million or even a million if you are worried it's going to sour the relationship to do nothing; you don't want to have him turn it around but then be hell bent on getting out of town b/c of the prior negotiations. But if JoMO turns down an offer like that, you just bite the bullet and don't extend. If a head coach is willing to voluntarily handicap himself in recruiting like that, then you know the answer is you have hired the wrong guy and you need to keep it as cheap as possible to fire him.

Cooterpoot
10-25-2019, 10:49 AM
Regardless of what happens the remainder of the year, John Cohen screwed the freaking pooch on this hire. That extension was a terrible move. John is failing as AD. Bad hires, poor marketing, probation from a cheating scandal, poor game day management etc. He needs to figure shit out as much as Jo.

gtowndawg
10-25-2019, 10:51 AM
I'm just ready for the season to be over so I can forget this mess Joe calls football.

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2019, 10:52 AM
This is not exactly right. There is almost certainly a contract term that specifies what the buyout is. There may be negotiations as a matter of practice, but what those negotiations entail is going to be heavily dictated by what the contract says. If the contract says Joe Mo gets the full remaining contract less new earnings, then the negotiation will be how much he gets how quickly, and how much it is reduced or not for new earnings. So if the article is correct and he is guaranteed the remaining contract, we might negotiation to pay half immediately and not take into account any future earnings. Then he'd get money now rather than over several years, he wouldn't be "penalized" for a new job, and we probably get a good discount b/c nobody is going to pay him $1.5 to be a coordinator or head coach after this performance, so we're probably saving money over what we otherwise would have paid. But if I were JoMO, it would take more than half immediately. MSU is not a credit risk and he's probably not about to make big bucks in his next job, so there's not much incentive for him to take a haircut in exchange for an immediate payment. Maybe if it is customary and his agent tells him it will hurt him in his next negotiation if he holds out for all of it, but based on his performance, Joe Mo may think this is his last big paycheck and want to cash all of it.

This is the crux. If we knew we had a successful coach waiting in the wings, then stroking a $9M check tomorrow would be a bargain. The challenge is that if you make two bad hires in a row, it makes it even harder for donors to stomach the buyout the second time, knowing that a third time might be around the corner. That is the big thing in JoMo's favor for coming back next year.

If Cohen extended JoMo after next year and kept his buyout at the full value of the contract, he needs to be fired. That is absolutely shitty negotiating. AFter last year's performance, you offer to extend him but you keep the buyout the same. Maybe you sweeten by half a million or even a million if you are worried it's going to sour the relationship to do nothing; you don't want to have him turn it around but then be hell bent on getting out of town b/c of the prior negotiations. But if JoMO turns down an offer like that, you just bite the bullet and don't extend. If a head coach is willing to voluntarily handicap himself in recruiting like that, then you know the answer is you have hired the wrong guy and you need to keep it as cheap as possible to fire him.

This is kind of where UT is at now. They probably can't afford to fire Pruitt while they are still paying Jones. Of course you can also look at a 60% of capacity stadium against MSU and figure out how much of a hit you will take in 2020 ticket sales and merchandise. This is kind of where MSU is now. If Joe finishes with a 4-8 record then a Financial Analyst needs to figure up what the expected loss in Revenue from ticket sales and merchandise looks like. Then you also look at the loss in Revenue to the City of Starkville from the reduced customer base. If you hire correctly and get an influx of optimism then you might increase Revenue even with paying a buyout.

BeastMan
10-25-2019, 11:00 AM
This is not exactly right. There is almost certainly a contract term that specifies what the buyout is. There may be negotiations as a matter of practice, but what those negotiations entail is going to be heavily dictated by what the contract says. If the contract says Joe Mo gets the full remaining contract less new earnings, then the negotiation will be how much he gets how quickly,

That’s literally my whole point. He would not get a check for $9.5M. For discussion sake let’s say he gets the full 9.5 paid evenly over 5 years. The 1.9M a year paid out is more than worth it if you make a good hire and ticket sales go back up. If we don’t finish strong we’re going to see ticket sales go in the toilet and they are already trending down. Further, if we retain JoMo and you look at our schedule next year, it’s not going to be a big season. That means more 11am kickoffs. Low season ticket sales + 11am kickoffs = really bad attendance = huge revenue loss. At a minimum you mitigate that revenue loss with increased season ticket sales with a new coach. The only way I see this thing not bottoming out from a financial standpoint is 6 + an Egg Bowl win. If you lose the EB and/or a bowl it’s going to be brutal

Really Clark?
10-25-2019, 11:01 AM
I will say that there is also a concern that a firing might cause the AD to hire on the cheap to save money because of the buyout payout. Or go very conservative with a guy that he believes has a safe floor but low ceiling. I think we need to still be aggressive in finding the right fit, with a good game plan to right the ship quickly and be dynamic enough to be the one can raise the floor from what Dan built. This can be a short term reset but it has to be handled quickly, decisively, but most importantly find the right fit to the program and culture. A lot of the other stuff will correct itself fairly quickly if it is the right guy at the right time.

R2Dawg
10-25-2019, 11:28 AM

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but let him go 4-8 and I'm not sure he survives. Also, I can imagine there is a clause about not being on NCAA probation or something in order for any guaranteed money and guess what, we are. Can't imagine not having that in the contract, any HC contract.

Coach34
10-25-2019, 12:01 PM
What is almost standard with college coaching contracts is that should we fire him and then he gets hired by someone else- his new salary is subtracted from the buyout total each year

Johnson85
10-25-2019, 12:01 PM
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but let him go 4-8 and I'm not sure he survives. Also, I can imagine there is a clause about not being on NCAA probation or something in order for any guaranteed money and guess what, we are. Can't imagine not having that in the contract, any HC contract.

That is a really good point. Possibly might only involve recruiting though or only be triggered if there is some finding of head coaching responsibility.

Todd4State
10-25-2019, 12:03 PM
What is almost standard with college coaching contracts is that should we fire him and then he gets hired by someone else- his new salary is subtracted from the buyout total each year

And Rutgers is possibly willing to spend 4.5 million. This could work out very well for us if that’s the case.

BeastMan
10-25-2019, 12:07 PM

Exactly. No one pays a full buyout. In no world would firing JoMo cost MSU $9.5. And that number, whatever it is will be paid out over several years.

R2Dawg
10-25-2019, 12:12 PM
That is a really good point. Possibly might only involve recruiting though or only be triggered if there is some finding of head coaching responsibility.

To me, the HC is responsible regardless if he was involved or not. At 3-4 mil per year, the buck stops with you as CEO. That is why HC get these million dollar bonuses for winning conf. title, playoffs, bowl game, etc. They get rewarded for team performance therefore, they get hit on lack of performance or probation issues. Can't have all the rewards and no accountability.

ckDOG
10-25-2019, 12:24 PM
Yeah we aren?t writing the guy a 9 million dollar check to leave. Something reasonable would be agreed to if both parties are wanting to part ways. But if push came to shove, don?t forget we are on probation under his watch. Lawyer up and fire his ass for cause. Nobody wants to go down that road, but I hope we would if he tried to bleed us dry.

BrunswickDawg
10-25-2019, 12:32 PM
Exactly. No one pays a full buyout. In no world would firing JoMo cost MSU $9.5. And that number, whatever it is will be paid out over several years.

We just don't need to go and make a Bobby Bonilla type deal and end up paying him for 25 years.

maroonmania
10-25-2019, 12:34 PM
I suspect if the right people want him gone he will be gone. 9 million is not what it use to be and state would not have to pay it all at one time.

Yep, that's probably one year's salary for Nick Saban. And we know Jimbo is making 7.5 mil per year.

Really Clark?
10-25-2019, 12:39 PM
Yep, that's probably one year's salary for Nick Saban. And we know Jimbo is making 7.5 mil per year.

Nick's yearly is $8.86 MIL, Dabo's is $9.315 MIL Let that sink in, their yearly salary is almost as his entire contract buyout.

DogsofAnarchy
10-25-2019, 12:47 PM

They are damn stupid if the lowest paid coach in the league has a 9 million dollar buy out.

HailStateSZN19
10-25-2019, 01:03 PM
And Rutgers is possibly willing to spend 4.5 million. This could work out very well for us if that’s the case.

We’re not going to get lucky enough for Rutgers to save us. They’re zeroed in on Schiano and according to their guys on 24/7, it’s all but a done deal pretty much. And I’m not 100% convinced Joe wants to get out of here as much as some make it sound. He’s a stubborn guy. Just seems he’s determined to make his scheme and what he does work here, which obviously hasn’t so far. I’m still pulling for him to figure it out because he’s our current HC. But there’s not a lot to look at for hope of that happening. I’ve only posted on here once previously and just recently became a member but I’ve read this board for over a year now. Just thought I’d throw my .02 cents in.

Commercecomet24
10-25-2019, 01:08 PM

This! It's really not that hard to understand.

Todd4State
10-25-2019, 01:10 PM
We’re not going to get lucky enough for Rutgers to save us. They’re zeroed in on Schiano and according to their guys on 24/7, it’s all but a done deal pretty much. And I’m not 100% convinced Joe wants to get out of here as much as some make it sound. He’s a stubborn guy. Just seems he’s determined to make his scheme and what he does work here, which obviously hasn’t so far. I’m still pulling for him to figure it out because he’s our current HC. But there’s not a lot to look at for hope of that happening. I’ve only posted on here once previously and just recently became a member but I’ve read this board for over a year now. Just thought I’d throw my .02 cents in.

If it was Sciano they could and should have hired him by now.

Coach007
10-25-2019, 01:14 PM
First off I didn?t say he was or was not being hired away, I was explaining the differing buyouts. You had no reason to chime in on something that was not even stated, but that is what douches do...no reading comprehension but I got to deliver a false message to the masses.

No you haven?t explained anything, you just offer your opinions in the most douche delusional way possible. You have no sources or inside info, just spouting off from your rear.

Ah! Now you have resorted to name calling. How grown.

You stated: If he is hired away the buyout is a little below $2 MIL.

My response was he is not.

Coach007
10-25-2019, 01:17 PM
Have you read this thread? We don't have many rational fans.

Or the board. Every day.... Over and over... To the point of rumors:

- 99jc-- For a fact the wheels are in motion.. Moorhead called into the office .. It's happening.
- Moorhead to Rutgers... Fact...

etc...

deadheaddawg
10-25-2019, 01:17 PM
They are damn stupid if the lowest paid coach in the league has a 9 million dollar buy out.

A $9 mil buyout is reasonable. Chad Morris and Matt Luke have similar.

Do you want us to not be competitive with salary? Do you want us to act like a conference USA team with our next hire?

TrapGame
10-25-2019, 01:19 PM

Exactly. It's mighty strange Schiano is sitting around unemployed at the moment and Rutgers still has no head coach. If Schiano was the guy it could already been over.

HailStateSZN19
10-25-2019, 01:20 PM

Sounds like the only reason they haven’t yet is because their AD really didn’t want to bring him back and has been screwing around looking at some other candidates but the big donors and influential people there are pretty much demanding it be Schiano. Idk much about it but that’s just the gist of what I scanned over on their message boards. They’re all wondering what the hell their AD is waiting on since Schiano isn’t doing anything now and could have hired him weeks ago or at least by now. Now if they screw around and wait too long and that BC job opens up, Schiano could end up taking that job and that’d leave the Rutgers job still open and then it’d get really interesting as to just where on their list Joe would be. That’s a lot of ifs and buts though. From the sound of it, I’d be surprised if wound up not being Schiano at Rutgers.

Really Clark?
10-25-2019, 01:26 PM
Ah! Now you have resorted to name calling. How grown.

You stated: If he is hired away the buyout is a little below $2 MIL.

My response was he is not.

Figured I would put it to you so you could understand with your 12 year old menatlity...or are you really 13?

There was nothing in that post stating he would or would not be hired away. I only conveyed what that buyout would be IF he would be hired away to another school. That's it. No putting forward an idea that he would be, just what would happen if he was. Again, reading comprehension failure by you so you could give a douche response to something that was not even posted about. You had no reason to respond by whether he would or would not be hired away, there was nothing in the post speculating on that.

Cowbeller
10-25-2019, 01:31 PM
Late to the party but idk who "confirmed" he will be here, inside the seal word has been that he's gone before the season even took a turn

Dawgology
10-25-2019, 01:40 PM
Late to the party but idk who "confirmed" he will be here, inside the seal word has been that he's gone before the season even took a turn

That’s what I’ve heard. And the buyout is definitely not 9 mil...lmao!! Terrible source

ckDOG
10-25-2019, 01:56 PM
A $9 mil buyout is reasonable. Chad Morris and Matt Luke have similar.

Do you want us to not be competitive with salary? Do you want us to act like a conference USA team with our next hire?

Anyone guaranteeing large amounts of money to a coordinator in their first HC job is playing with fire. I get the proven HC argument. If you want one, you have to pay up as there just aren?t that many. Seems like there would be enough of a population of coordinators to where you don?t have to guarantee the money. Morris might have been looked at by other programs when Arkansas signed him but very doubtful Luke and Moorhead were being wined and dined by competing programs.

HailStateSZN19
10-25-2019, 02:00 PM
That’s what I’ve heard. And the buyout is definitely not 9 mil...lmao!! Terrible source

Is he really wanting out that bad? Not doubting what you’ve heard, I’m legitimately asking. Even if the Rutgers job goes to Schiano and it’s not available, is it still thought that he’s looking to get out?

Dawgology
10-25-2019, 02:09 PM
Is he really wanting out that bad? Not doubting what you’ve heard, I’m legitimately asking. Even if the Rutgers job goes to Schiano and it’s not available, is it still thought that he’s looking to get out?

I think he will be here as long as we keep him. You don’t leave the golden goose behind unless a bigger golden goose comes along. I just think the SEC is a very humbling place to coach and can be eye opening if you aren’t prepared to be a head coach.

TrapGame
10-25-2019, 02:11 PM

He's been mentioned as a top target in articles about Boston College and Illinois too. His offense doesn't work against SEC defenses unless you have NFL level talent at QB, RB and WR. He got a very rude awakening last season.

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2019, 02:11 PM

I don't see Moorhead leaving unless he takes another P5 job that maybe is a better fit like Rutgers or BC. The only other way he is leaving is if he ends up 4-8 and Cohen is forced to go in a different direction. If you start hearing his name associated with more than Rutgers then it is probably his agent looking for a landing spot for him.

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2019, 02:29 PM
That?s what I?ve heard. And the buyout is definitely not 9 mil...lmao!! Terrible source

It's not a terrible source, LOL. We would owe him what is left on his contract. The only way he leaves is if he leaves on his own and everything that has been said about THAT is strictly rumor with zero basis in fact as of this week.

PMDawg
10-25-2019, 02:48 PM
He's been mentioned as a top target in articles about Boston College and Illinois too. His offense doesn't work against SEC defenses unless you have NFL level talent at QB, RB and WR. He got a very rude awakening last season.

I just don't understand what anyone could see in him at this point that would make him a desirable hire. There are almost no positives!

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2019, 04:19 PM
I just don't understand what anyone could see in him at this point that would make him a desirable hire. There are almost no positives!

Honestly, his system worked well at Fordham and Penn St so if someone thought the situation was similar then he might be a good choice. I think the biggest issue is that in the SEC, you have LBs run like safeties and DT run like LBs. That is affecting how much reaction time that a QB has to make a decision. That is why you don't see a system like this in the NFL. NFL defenses are too fast for a QB to make that many decisions on just the hand off.

Dawgology
10-25-2019, 04:25 PM
It's not a terrible source, LOL. We would owe him what is left on his contract. The only way he leaves is if he leaves on his own and everything that has been said about THAT is strictly rumor with zero basis in fact as of this week.

No. We definitely would not have to buyout his contract. Your source is just plain incorrect.

Todd4State
10-25-2019, 04:34 PM

His source is probably Larry Templeton. “Be patient. Look at who we have lost to.”

It just isn’t a fit for either one of us. I imagine Joe isn’t happy with his daughter crying and he’s obviously very sensitive. I know if I was in the same situation I would want out.

I don't see Moorhead leaving unless he takes another P5 job that maybe is a better fit like Rutgers or BC. The only other way he is leaving is if he ends up 4-8 and Cohen is forced to go in a different direction. If you start hearing his name associated with more than Rutgers then it is probably his agent looking for a landing spot for him.

One of the reasons why I want him to go 6-6 and go. It looks less suspicious. That said I could see this being like Sonny Dykes at Cal-Berkeley who also wasn’t a fit there but has had a lot of success in the South. Different regions but same idea as far as fitting in. I do think Joe is a good coach honestly. But his personality isn’t working here on many levels.

HailStateSZN19
10-25-2019, 04:36 PM
It wouldn't surprise me for some teams to look at what he did at Fordham/Penn State and then look at what he's done here and say "Well he's been successful everywhere else except for at poor ol' Mittittippi Tate, it's just them, it ain't Joe". That would be a reason I could see some teams go after him despite him underachieving in his time here. The outside world still thinks of us as poor ol' MSU despite us raising our level of success the last decade & going to 9 straight bowl games and I could see it being played off as "Well it was just an MSU thing" and someone take a shot at him based on his time at Fordham and Penn State.

Cooterpoot
10-25-2019, 06:32 PM
It wouldn't surprise me for some teams to look at what he did at Fordham/Penn State and then look at what he's done here and say "Well he's been successful everywhere else except for at poor ol' Mittittippi Tate, it's just them, it ain't Joe". That would be a reason I could see some teams go after him despite him underachieving in his time here. The outside world still thinks of us as poor ol' MSU despite us raising our level of success the last decade & going to 9 straight bowl games and I could see it being played off as "Well it was just an MSU thing" and someone take a shot at him based on his time at Fordham and Penn State.

He wasn’t successful at UConn.

msstate7
10-25-2019, 06:40 PM

95th nationally in total offense in 2010 at UConn as OC. He lost OC title in 2011, qb coach. Coincidentally, we're 94th in total offense this season. Joe is consistent, I suppose

HailStateSZN19
10-25-2019, 07:07 PM

And not many people remember him for his time at UCONN obviously. That’s what I’m getting at. People remember him mainly from his time at Penn State and I could see people discounting his underachieving here and saying that “it’s just a Mississippi state problem, not a Joe Moorhead problem” just because of his time at PSU.

Coach34
10-25-2019, 07:41 PM
And not many people remember him for his time at UCONN obviously. That?s what I?m getting at. People remember him mainly from his time at Penn State and I could see people discounting his underachieving here and saying that ?it?s just a Mississippi state problem, not a Joe Moorhead problem? just because of his time at PSU.

I think Joe is realizing his system is much more Northeast friendly. Lots of man coverage and less decision-making time is making it tough to run south of the Mason-Dixon

HailStateSZN19
10-25-2019, 08:02 PM
I think Joe is realizing his system is much more Northeast friendly. Lots of man coverage and less decision-making time is making it tough to run south of the Mason-Dixon

I agree on that. I’ve been reading the board for a while now and know that you’re knowledgeable about football and if I remember correctly you’re pretty well connected as far as knowing things within the program (sorry if I have that wrong as I’m not on here just a ton but have read on and off). What’s your take on whether Joe is back next year & is he legitimately looking to leave on his own accord or is he staying unless he’s let go? I’ve seen both takes as far as he wants to leave and is looking to mutually part ways or he’s staying and it’d take going 4-8 for him to be let go. I really hope he figures it out because I like him but there’s nothing really to go off of to have hope that happens.

Coach34
10-25-2019, 08:09 PM
From my talks with people in Starkville:

Joe had an eye-opening year last year- but convinced himself it was a QB problem. K-State and since has shown him its not just the QB. Told his agent to get his ass out of the South. Agent is pumping him for every job possible.

4-8 and I dont see him back. But we have a game tomorrow and all kinds of shit can happen. People are preparing for worst case scenario but we still have to be in wait-and-see mode

RocketDawg
10-25-2019, 08:22 PM

Why? Is it because a different style of football is played in the northeast, or is it because southern players are inherently less intelligent?

Really Clark?
10-25-2019, 08:29 PM
Why? Is it because a different style of football is played in the northeast, or is it because southern players are inherently less intelligent?

I don’t think we are less intelligent. I think he facing some of the best DC and athletes in the country in this league. He is seeing more man coverages and aggressive grown men DL that blow plays up.

Coach34
10-25-2019, 08:31 PM

Because in the Northeast its more of a battle of wits with different coverages and match-ups- and the talent levels arent that different.

In the South- where you have a plethera of great athletes but different levels of skills- its alot more man coverage used and less strategy. It's simply- can you beat this man or not? Southern Defenses are limiting JoVester's offense because of all the man coverage and forcing quicker QB decisions than what the offense wants. Thats why we have 20 sacks in 7 games- dont have the time to make the reads.

Coach34
10-25-2019, 08:34 PM
He is seeing more man coverages and aggressive grown men DL that blow plays up.

D-Line Heaven in the South. You dont get much time to make multi-level reads- which is what JoVester coaches. 20 sacks in 7 games.

Todd4State
10-25-2019, 08:47 PM
I think it’s too simple for DC’s to figure out what he is doing because he uses the same personnel groupings too much. That would be fine if he ran a HUNH but he obviously doesn’t. There’s no two TE or two running back sets to provide extra blocking support which we need at times.

Also because he rarely subs during a series it keeps us from taking advantage of players like Malik Dear.

maroonmania
10-25-2019, 09:14 PM
Is he really wanting out that bad? Not doubting what you?ve heard, I?m legitimately asking. Even if the Rutgers job goes to Schiano and it?s not available, is it still thought that he?s looking to get out?

My question is why would anyone else want him at this point? Would any fanbase be excited to see him come in with what he has done here so far?

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2019, 09:25 PM

Joe had an eye-opening year last year- but convinced himself it was a QB problem. K-State and since has shown him its not just the QB. Told his agent to get his ass out of the South. Agent is pumping him for every job possible.

4-8 and I dont see him back. But we have a game tomorrow and all kinds of shit can happen. People are preparing for worst case scenario but we still have to be in wait-and-see mode

Well... at least Cohen will know what does & does not work at MSU when he makes his next hire.

I realize that's a crappy consolidation prize, but I guess it's better than nothing

Joe's tenure reminds of when Steve Spurrier went to the NFL. He couldn't block for the fun & gun

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2019, 09:29 PM
D-Line Heaven in the South. You dont get much time to make multi-level reads- which is what JoVester coaches. 20 sacks in 7 games.

If Joe survives this season, do you think he will realize that this offense won't work in it's current form? Or will he continue to be boneheaded?

Commercecomet24
10-25-2019, 09:55 PM

What's worst case scenario in your opinion? That we have to fire him?

Commercecomet24
10-25-2019, 09:57 PM
Because in the Northeast its more of a battle of wits with different coverages and match-ups- and the talent levels arent that different.

In the South- where you have a plethera of great athletes but different levels of skills- its alot more man coverage used and less strategy. It's simply- can you beat this man or not? Southern Defenses are limiting JoVester's offense because of all the man coverage and forcing quicker QB decisions than what the offense wants. Thats why we have 20 sacks in 7 games- dont have the time to make the reads.

Its the reason Ohio State started dominating when urban went there. He built an sec team in the big 10 and the rest can't hang.

maroonmania
10-25-2019, 09:57 PM
If Joe survives this season, do you think he will realize that this offense won't work in it's current form? Or will he continue to be boneheaded?

Its what he has always run apparently. Not sure he would be willing to change. Now I know some of it is talent but why is basically the same offense working like a charm at LSU? Is Burrow not having to make all these reads that he learned from Joe's protege Brady? And this is the first year Burrow has been in this system so apparently it doesn't take years to get it down.

Coach34
10-25-2019, 09:58 PM
Its the reason Ohio State started dominating when urban went there. He built an sec team in the big 10 and the rest can't hang.

Bingo

Todd4State
10-25-2019, 10:05 PM
Its what he has always run apparently. Not sure he would be willing to change. Now I know some of it is talent but why is basically the same offense working like a charm at LSU? Is Burrow not having to make all these reads that he learned from Joe's protege Brady? And this is the first year Burrow has been in this system so apparently it doesn't take years to get it down.

LSU isn’t running the same offense as Joe. They’re running a Sean Payton inspired offense with some of Joe’s RPO’s mixed in. Their offense is probably 90% Payton and 10% Joe. And that’s probably being generous.

KB21
10-25-2019, 10:06 PM

Well, it’s two fold. Joe Burrow is a 1st round NFL draft pick playing QB there, and the discipline is a lot better at LSU than it is at Mississippi State right now.

TrapGame
10-25-2019, 10:31 PM

Yeah, those BC, Illinois and Rutger mentions just didn't come outta nowhere.

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2019, 10:44 PM
No. We definitely would not have to buyout his contract. Your source is just plain incorrect.

Whatever. Y'all don't want to hear it I know. I didn't either, not from this source. I was sort of hoping he would tell me what y'all have been saying was true. I got laughed at.

maroonmania
10-25-2019, 10:58 PM
LSU isn’t running the same offense as Joe. They’re running a Sean Payton inspired offense with some of Joe’s RPO’s mixed in. Their offense is probably 90% Payton and 10% Joe. And that’s probably being generous.

This must be the answer. Our offense looks like its moving in mud compared to LSU's. I certainly didn't see any 'check with me' crap for Burrow.

Coach34
10-25-2019, 11:32 PM
Whatever. Y'all don't want to hear it I know. I didn't either, not from this source. I was sort of hoping he would tell me what y'all have been saying was true. I got laughed at.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/25/arkansas-has-reportedly-stopped-paying-bret-bielemas-buyout/

Commercecomet24
10-25-2019, 11:46 PM
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/25/arkansas-has-reportedly-stopped-paying-bret-bielemas-buyout/

Yep this stuff happens every year. Very rarely is a buyout paid in full. Joe can go and more than likely will if he goes 4-8 and maybe 5-7 unless he leaves on his own.

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2019, 12:01 AM

I just know, through my source, what as of now we would be obligated to do. It doesn't mean a lump sum, but we are obligated to pay the remainder of his contract. This person doesn't deal in rumors. This person doesn't have to.

BeastMan
10-26-2019, 07:26 AM
I just know, through my source, what as of now we would be obligated to do. It doesn't mean a lump sum, but we are obligated to pay the remainder of his contract. This person doesn't deal in rumors. This person doesn't have to.

So you asked Steve what was the buyout was and if we’re we firing JoMo. He told you an answer that is correct as of today. The problem is that it’s much more nuanced and not as cut and dry as you want it to be. End of the day, if JoMo goes 4-8 he’s out and we won’t pay $9.5M.

MrKotter
10-26-2019, 07:57 AM

Just stop. Your ?source? is stupid. The 9 mil would not be paid

Jarius
10-26-2019, 08:12 AM
LSU isn?t running the same offense as Joe. They?re running a Sean Payton inspired offense with some of Joe?s RPO?s mixed in. Their offense is probably 90% Payton and 10% Joe. And that?s probably being generous.

The same offense is currently working at Penn state against much better defenses than Tennessee and Kansas State. I don?t know what is going on but Joe?s offense is sucking against everyone right now. Not just the mythical brutal SEC defenses that he plays. He plays 3 or 4 good defenses a year. What is the excuse every other week?

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2019, 11:32 AM
So you asked Steve what was the buyout was and if we?re we firing JoMo. He told you an answer that is correct as of today. The problem is that it?s much more nuanced and not as cut and dry as you want it to be. End of the day, if JoMo goes 4-8 he?s out and we won?t pay $9.5M.

Hope you are correct, but I don't think you are. Things can change, maybe they will.

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2019, 11:33 AM
Just stop. Your ?source? is stupid. The 9 mil would not be paid

LOL. Glad to see we have a contract lawyer here to set me straight.

dawgday166
10-26-2019, 11:33 AM
Pay the $9 mill.

BeastMan
10-26-2019, 11:49 AM
Hope you are correct, but I don't think you are. Things can change, maybe they will.

And just for the record I do not want to go 4-8 but so far today nothing has shown me that cant happen

IMissJack
10-26-2019, 11:54 AM

As others have said, then start with Cohen and as far as I'm concerned Keenum. They led us into this Crap, with no plan whatsoever. Mullen had been here for 9 years and lulled the entire administration into thinking that MSU could win and be successful in football with anyone at the helm and they believed it. So they went cheap and got what they deserved. Our coaching staff resembles a JUCO staff, I can't even name half of them.