PDA

View Full Version : Wyatt breaks down some run game issues

Irondawg
10-24-2019, 09:05 AM
Good stuff here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy4cqMifSEU

Basically from most of the plays we need to tell Hill to hit the hole with authority. Then in the TN game it was clear TS didn't want to run much as both of what Matt guessed were misreads were by him.

Then a few times we didn't get a pulling OL to the right spot for various reasons. But while a lot of times a play was blocked ok, you don't see us moving the LOS most of the time. LSU was pushing us back most of that game.

trojandawg
10-24-2019, 09:13 AM
he alludes the hesitations i've noticed also when we run the ball. We take way too long trying to hit the hole.

Cooterpoot
10-24-2019, 09:22 AM
Basically we’re soft as hell.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-24-2019, 09:45 AM
he alludes the hesitations i've noticed also when we run the ball. We take way too long trying to hit the hole.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/eK7JF5A803QXGCcCtK/giphy.gif

Coach007
10-24-2019, 09:57 AM
Basically we’re soft as hell.

Never stated we are soft.

- Hill made some mistakes
- Shrader made some
- A few OL missed some

It has to do with execution. Not soft. On the one RPO, Shrader cost us big there.

Irondawg
10-24-2019, 09:59 AM
Which RPO - the one against TN with Thomas in the flat? That was Tommy.

Coach007
10-24-2019, 10:01 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/eK7JF5A803QXGCcCtK/giphy.gif

LMAO!!!!!!!

Coach007
10-24-2019, 10:03 AM
Which RPO - the one against TN with Thomas in the flat? That was Tommy.

Yep. You are right. It was stevens.

confucius say
10-24-2019, 10:08 AM
We dont stay on blocks. DL are disengaging way too easily

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2019, 11:04 AM
Our plays are too slow developing. When you don't have a speed advantage, and we almost never do, you have to eliminate all hesitation. That means quick reads and hitting the hole, lateral movement is a killer when you are slow.

Irondawg
10-24-2019, 11:15 AM
One problem is that we've always had RB that were pretty physical. This year we don't have one of those guys - nor are we recruiting one which is a problem.

defiantdog
10-24-2019, 12:05 PM
One problem is that we've always had RB that were pretty physical. This year we don't have one of those guys - nor are we recruiting one which is a problem.

We?ve lost our identity as a hard nose, hit you in the mouth football team in one season. We have had that reputation for over 30 years if not more and lost it in one damn season. We are soft.

boot
10-24-2019, 12:51 PM
It seems like Gibson is the more physical back that hits the hole and falls forward for 2 yards, but Moorhead only gives him 2 or 3 touches a game. Hill tries that look at me shit and it usually ends in a loss against power 5 teams.

War Machine Dawg
10-24-2019, 04:01 PM
Basically we?re soft as hell.

We?ve lost our identity as a hard nose, hit you in the mouth football team in one season. We have had that reputation for over 30 years if not more and lost it in one damn season. We are soft.

This is the real problem. Everything that's wrong with us stems from the fact that we've become soft. That's what happened to us at the end of JWS and during the Croom Error. Mullen fixed it and now Jughead has us back to the days of being soft. It won't change until he's gone and we bring in a legit S&C guy.

TrapGame
10-24-2019, 04:28 PM
This is the real problem. Everything that's wrong with us stems from the fact that we've become soft. That's what happened to us at the end of JWS and during the Croom Error. Mullen fixed it and now Jughead has us back to the days of being soft. It won't change until he's gone and we bring in a legit S&C guy.

That's the big thing. If we are Charmin soft it won't matter how good Joe's offense really is. You can't be soft in the SEC. Hell, if Joe had us looking as tough as the 1970's Raiders or Steelers I could overlook some of the lackluster offensive production.

Homedawg
10-24-2019, 06:31 PM
Never stated we are soft.

- Hill made some mistakes
- Shrader made some
- A few OL missed some

It has to do with execution. Not soft. On the one RPO, Shrader cost us big there.

It was Tommy who butchered the read. Not the fr. But I'm sure Bc he was hurt was the reason***
And we are soft. Easy to see.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2019, 09:13 PM
Y'all are confusing soft with slow. We may be soft, but we are definitely slow across the board. We are slow at wideout, running back, offensive line, and QB. That can be overcome, provided all of the above are NOT slow when making DECISIONS. Make a decision and hit it HARD. I understand what Joe wants to do and agree with it, but he has to reduce the amount of thinking required. The SEC is more about absolute physics than it is thinking. Speed rules, and it rules absolutely, unlike almost every other college football league. It ain't really dumbing it down Joe, it's bowing to physical reality. Mullen, despite what most here thought, got this in spades. His offense, despite all the bs about it, depended on how fast the QB could make. minimal reads. How fast exactly was determined by his line. Heveasey sucked at recruiting, but he coached up what he had. Just speed it up Joe, decision wise, minimize THINKING, and coach up the offensive line, and you may very well, survive.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2019, 09:14 PM
Reaction trumps thinking in the SEC. The speed is so great, if you have to think, you are lost.

KB21
10-25-2019, 08:42 AM
I think some are missing the boat on what the issues really are.

IMO, everything that is showing up in the running game stems from a lack of preparation and attention to detail. The hesitation. The pull path of the lineman being too wide. Leveraging the wrong shoulder on a block.

These are systematic issues everywhere with this team, and it shows me that this stuff isn't being drilled into the players on a daily basis.

Irondawg
10-25-2019, 09:10 AM
I think some are missing the boat on what the issues really are.

IMO, everything that is showing up in the running game stems from a lack of preparation and attention to detail. The hesitation. The pull path of the lineman being too wide. Leveraging the wrong shoulder on a block.

These are systematic issues everywhere with this team, and it shows me that this stuff isn't being drilled into the players on a daily basis.

Agree - this stuff existing in earlier games as well and they haven't fixed it

Coursesuper
10-25-2019, 09:43 AM
I’ve have seen this situation over and over at every level of football the sum of the parts is greater than the outcome. There is someone or a few of them that are causing problems on this “ team”. And I’m not talking about the suspended players. Because this isn’t a team this is a bunch of individuals that haven’t begun to gel together at all. With a team beginning to gel the problems that we are seeing like hesitation getting to deep on a pull loafing on routes and so on are the norm. These players aren’t buying into to idea that it’s up to me to make the guy next to me better and to not let him down. I don’t know who the problem is I’m not close enough to know but I’ve seen theses symptoms before and they are evident. They may talk the talk but aren’t walking the walk. That is what I see.

AROB44
10-25-2019, 09:58 AM
Liverpool is right........we have no speed at any position and that is a killer in this conference. You can't teach speed.