PDA

View Full Version : Coaching staff we must improve on the most.

TheLostDawg
10-24-2019, 07:27 AM
1-5, 1 most important
1 s&c
2 HC, even if it's Moorhead
3 OC, get one either way
4 QB coach, could make this OC possibly as well
5 special teams, field position is huge and we look lost

All the changes on defense, staff and players, I wouldn't change much this year but if the same staff is here next year, I might be making changes next off-season.

BhamDawg205
10-24-2019, 08:55 AM
1. S&C The soft play we've witnessed, is not MSU football.

2. OC/QB that has a proven track record. To take play calling duties from Moorehead. No creativity or rhythm his play calling. And allows Joe to be a CEO.

3. Special teams

4. Defensive line could be youth or lack of development.
Think losing Baker hurt more then a lil bit.

Cooterpoot
10-24-2019, 10:02 AM
1. Head Coach
2. The rest of the staff minus Hughes. Although I like Shoop and Johnson.

StarkVegasSteve
10-24-2019, 10:34 AM
1. S&C. We need to overhaul that staff and get with Piroli or Savage to see who they'd suggest. Or we need to throw a ton of money at Aaron Feld and make him one of the highest paid in the country.
2. Special Teams- Joey Jones either needs to be reassigned to an off the field admin role or needs to be let go. Our special teams has been atrocious. We always seemed to have about par special teams under Mullen, but they have been a negative under this staff.
3. OC - You could argue that this could be 1 or 2. If Joe is going to stay on he needs to give up playcalling duties and Briener isn't the one that needs to be calling plays. I'm not sure who we need to get, whether it be Will Hall, Joe Brady, Brian Johnson, Kendall Briles, Charlie Weis Jr. And those are just a few names. I'm sure there are plenty of others as well. We just need someone.

And this is all based on keeping Moorhead, which I've stated multiple times I don't think he's here next year, but if he is CHANGES HAVE TO BE MADE.

TrapGame
10-24-2019, 10:43 AM
Moorhead, if he is here next season, needs a complete makeover for the program. S&C is #1 (by a mile). Having an OC is #2 (Become the CEO). Coaching effort and chewing ass is #3 (Ride them to improve, become better). Rethinking what he wants to do offensively may be #4 (It's about the player's abilities, not your scheme). Unfortunately if Joe stays I think we lose several asst. coaches. However, I don't think Joe's gonna be here next year. He will move on to another program like Rutgers or he will be fired for finishing 4-8.

Bubb Rubb
10-24-2019, 11:33 AM
Strength and conditioning is 1A
Special teams is 1B
Offensive coordinator is 2, and let him pick his position guys
Defensive line is 3

I think Buckley, Marve, and Hughes are keepers.