PDA

View Full Version : 13th in the SEC in passing....13th

Coach34
10-23-2019, 12:22 PM
Thank goodness he got his QB's in here now. No way KT could have had us that high this year

Scared_Hitless
10-23-2019, 12:23 PM
You must of missed the Press Conference he said we had improved. Can you not see the progress open your eyes *******

Tbonewannabe
10-23-2019, 12:24 PM
Someone posted that we are essentially the same as last year. We also played a top 25 defense on the road at UK along with a tough UF defense so I think we actually had a tougher schedule last year to go with showing no real improvement.

TrapGame
10-23-2019, 01:14 PM
Guru.

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2019, 01:17 PM
Thank goodness he got his QB's in here now. No way KT could have had us that high this year

Well, it could be worse*

Coach007
10-23-2019, 01:27 PM
Ah the collective

Really Clark?
10-23-2019, 01:28 PM
Ah the collective

No it’s called stat rankings

Prediction? Pain.
10-23-2019, 01:36 PM
Moorhead's promise to make our passing offense more efficient and explosive is definitely one of his more glaring duds, especially when you consider his reputation when he was hired. He's not getting it done and he deserves the flak he's getting here (and elsewhere) for not delivering.

But let's not pretend that he came in and ruined a well-oiled passing machine that had been purring along nicely for years. Here are our SEC ranks in yards per pass attempt, QB Rating, and completion percentage since 2009:

2009: 10th / 10th / 8th
2010: 9th / 10th / 11th
2011: 10th / 9th / 7th
2012: 7th / 5th / 7th
2013: 10th / 10th / 11th
2014: 3rd / 4th / 4th (Dak, you magnificent bastard!)
2015: 3rd / 2nd / 2nd (Dak, the sequel!)
2016: 12th / 11th / 9th
2017: 14th / 14th / 14th
2018: 13th / 13th / 14th
2019: 4th / 6th / 7th

As I observed elsewhere, it's possible that the passing stats this year are somewhat (or maybe even very) skewed by garbage time. I haven't crunched any numbers on that. But at the surface level, I don't know. Limiting the data to just 1st halves this season, our completion percentage and QB rating are 5th and 6th in the SEC. Who knows. Still, I'd be surprised if those numbers hold throughout the season.

But again, this doesn't absolve anyone for anything. The offense isn't getting it done on the ground or through the air. If Moorhead doesn't fix it enough to win games, I'm all for getting someone in here who can.

At the same time, though, I'm not sure where the bar is supposed to be on passing stats like passer rating, yards per pass, and completion % given the numbers I've listed above. Is Moorhead (or any other coach for that matter) supposed to come in and by year two do substantially better than the team had done in the entire previous decade save for the last two years of the current Dallas Cowboys starting QB's college career?

Cooterpoot
10-23-2019, 01:36 PM
Well, we’ve got the worst WR Corp in the SEC. Been that way for quite some time. Not a single one of those guys would start for other SEC teams. Mitchell is basically all we’ve got. Of course, the scheme sucks and we don’t use TEs or throw to the RBs, so there’s that too.

RezDog7
10-23-2019, 02:33 PM

Why you worried about throwing the ball? You think we should only RTGDF remember.

Irondawg
10-23-2019, 02:37 PM
I will say it's hard to evaluate b/c we don't know how bad Tommy was/is hurt. Pocket presence was clearly as issue even when healthy, but he was throwing a nice ball before getting hurt.

KT is a more dynamic runner than either of the others so it's a fair argument to have, but I think it's also clear that GS has a ton of intangibles and above average pocket awareness. Long term this is going to speed up his growth.

Todd4State
10-23-2019, 02:44 PM
Moorhead's promise to make our passing offense more efficient and explosive is definitely one of his more glaring duds, especially when you consider his reputation when he was hired. He's not getting it done and he deserves the flak he's getting here (and elsewhere) for not delivering.

But let's not pretend that he came in and ruined a well-oiled passing machine that had been purring along nicely for years. Here are our SEC ranks in yards per pass attempt, QB Rating, and completion percentage since 2009:

As I observed elsewhere, it's possible that the passing stats this year are somewhat (or maybe even very) skewed by garbage time. I haven't crunched any numbers on that. But at the surface level, I don't know. Limiting the data to just 1st halves this season, our completion percentage and QB rating are 5th and 6th in the SEC. Who knows. Still, I'd be surprised if those numbers hold throughout the season.

But again, this doesn't absolve anyone for anything. The offense isn't getting it done on the ground or through the air. If Moorhead doesn't fix it enough to win games, I'm all for getting someone in here who can.

At the same time, though, I'm not sure where the bar is supposed to be on passing stats like passer rating, yards per pass, and completion % given the numbers I've listed above. Is Moorhead (or any other coach for that matter) supposed to come in and by year two do substantially better than the team had done in the entire previous decade save for the last two years of the current Dallas Cowboys starting QB's college career?

Shrader has performed well throwing the ball. I’ll actually be fair here and say that yes our passing game has improved slightly. But I have a feeling that our running game hasn’t and we don’t have the number one defense in the country to bail the offense out anymore.

defiantdog
10-23-2019, 03:01 PM

For what it's worth, Arkansas is 6th in the SEC. We're 7th in completion percentage so that's a plus right? Listen, we ain't going in the right direction, but we don't have to always be negative Nancy's.

R2Dawg
10-23-2019, 03:22 PM

Nice job with the stats and you make some good points. We do have some better passing QBs (other than maybe Dak and Tyler) over Dan's tenure but don't forget we ran the ball down everyone's throat too and now we can't even do that so overall, we've regressed to Croom level O performance. I think Shrader can improve that going forward.

MD2020
10-23-2019, 03:45 PM
Shrader should have never touched the field this year. A redshirt would have been the best thing to happen for him. Any 3rd and 8+ he's not even attempting to pass the ball. He looks left or right then pulls the ball down. He's not confident in his passing ability.

PMDawg
10-23-2019, 04:05 PM
Ah the collective

Ah the captain sinking with his ship.

Gutter Cobreh
10-23-2019, 04:07 PM
Shrader should have never touched the field this year. A redshirt would have been the best thing to happen for him. Any 3rd and 8+ he's not even attempting to pass the ball. He looks left or right then pulls the ball down. He's not confident in his passing ability.

This is simply not true.

timotheus
10-23-2019, 04:11 PM
Joe has created a position deficiency at the QB position. He hasn't operated with the precision needed to direct the position adequately. I'm not sure going 4-8 next season will help this be positive either.

Lord McBuckethead
10-23-2019, 04:27 PM
Well, we’ve got the worst WR Corp in the SEC. Been that way for quite some time. Not a single one of those guys would start for other SEC teams. Mitchell is basically all we’ve got. Of course, the scheme sucks and we don’t use TEs or throw to the RBs, so there’s that too.

Hell, we didn't even target Mitchell against LSU but once.

Coach34
10-23-2019, 06:37 PM
Shrader has performed well throwing the ball. I’ll actually be fair here and say that yes our passing game has improved slightly.

We threw 22 TD's last year with 10 picks- with 1 of those picks handed to Iowa by Guidry.

This year we stand at 9 TD's and 8 picks with 5 games and maybe a bowl to go. Shrader is at 4 TD's and 4 picks

While we complete passes at a higher rate- to say its "improved" is really a stretch at best

Dawgfan77
10-23-2019, 07:17 PM
One reason Don was successful here is we ran a power spread and passed enough to keep Defense honest.
Dons great asset as a QB coach was teaching to QB to find the soft spots in the secondary

Coach34
10-23-2019, 07:21 PM
As I observed elsewhere, it's possible that the passing stats this year are somewhat (or maybe even very) skewed by garbage time. I haven't crunched any numbers on that.

We literally didnt play 1 play of garbage time last year

This year we are at 2 games and counting

chef dixon
10-23-2019, 08:14 PM
Shrader sucks at passing right now. That will piss a lot of people off but it is the truth. People just see what they want to see because he has endeared himself to the fans with his toughness. I like him too, but he does not scare anyone right now. Of course I am hopeful he will improve.

It is unreal to me how so many of our fans watch him this year and think he is light years ahead of KT. I realize he will never take another snap here again, but him never getting a true shot by Joe gets more mind blowing each Saturday disaster.

R2Dawg
10-23-2019, 08:17 PM

Yeah I didn't understand that at all.

Coach007
10-23-2019, 09:16 PM

So what you are saying is the passing game has improved. And what needs to be added is his ability to recruit WRs....

Coach007
10-23-2019, 09:17 PM
Well, we?ve got the worst WR Corp in the SEC. Been that way for quite some time. Not a single one of those guys would start for other SEC teams. Mitchell is basically all we?ve got. Of course, the scheme sucks and we don?t use TEs or throw to the RBs, so there?s that too.

Wait.. what? Yes. It's been bad. And Thanks to Moorhead and staff Mitchell has improved

Coach007
10-23-2019, 09:20 PM
Shrader has performed well throwing the ball. I?ll actually be fair here and say that yes our passing game has improved slightly. But I have a feeling that our running game hasn?t and we don?t have the number one defense in the country to bail the offense out anymore.

Slightly???

From 13th to 4th? Slightly? QB rating from 13th to 6th with a TRUE Freshman?? All of those are more than a 50% increase and puts us in the top half of the SEC as a whole.

cheewgumm
10-23-2019, 09:20 PM
If Fitz we?re here we?d be 15th****

Good lord these people need to send Fitz a Christmas Card. ?Merry Christmas sir. It was not your fault.?

Coach007
10-23-2019, 09:23 PM
Shrader sucks at passing right now. That will piss a lot of people off but it is the truth. People just see what they want to see because he has endeared himself to the fans with his toughness. I like him too, but he does not scare anyone right now. Of course I am hopeful he will improve.

It is unreal to me how so many of our fans watch him this year and think he is light years ahead of KT. I realize he will never take another snap here again, but him never getting a true shot by Joe gets more mind blowing each Saturday disaster.

He was 61% vs LSU...

Really Clark?
10-23-2019, 09:29 PM
Slightly???

From 13th to 4th? Slightly? QB rating from 13th to 6th with a TRUE Freshman?? All of those are more than a 50% increase and puts us in the top half of the SEC as a whole.

What stats are you talking about? He is not 4th in any category or 6th in rating

ETA. You are using stats from our only 2 ranked opponents? We are 13th in the league in passing over all games.

Bdawg
10-23-2019, 09:43 PM

I was upset about this. He is by far our best receiver and has good hands this year. But he should have had that deep post. He didn't high point the ball and let the defender climb the ladder and knock it down. Didn't use his size to his advantage and fight for it. Also, I didn't take notice if they put there best DB on him. I know I would.

trojandawg
10-23-2019, 10:18 PM
Slightly???

Qb rating don?t mean shit if you aren?t putting it in the end zone.

Really Clark?
10-23-2019, 10:20 PM
Qb rating don?t mean shit if you aren?t putting it in the end zone.

He didn’t put it in context. He is using only the Auburn & LSU games for those rankings and stats.

Coach007
10-23-2019, 10:21 PM
What stats are you talking about? He is not 4th in any category or 6th in rating

ETA. You are using stats from our only 2 ranked opponents? We are 13th in the league in passing over all games.

No I'm not. It's CLEARLY typed in the post. Though it needs up dating

- We went from 13th to 6th in passing yards per attempt. That's improvement.
- We went from QB rating of 11th to 5th. That's a TRUE FRESHMAN over a SR.
- In completion %... we are now 7th... and we were 12th.

All of that is improvement.

ETA... No. I'm using the whole seasons.

Homedawg
10-23-2019, 10:22 PM
Slightly???

10 pts vs ut. Huge improvement. 13 vs an avg LSU d. Which to be fair, percentage wise is a huge improvement over the 3 we got last year!!! Except we lost by 23!!! Just win the ducking games. That's all. And I don't have to have LSU. Just KSU and ut!!

Todd4State
10-23-2019, 10:26 PM

60% last game against LSU. QB RTG of 129.6 And he has actually been better against SEC teams. Completion percentage of 61% against SEC teams while he is 58% against all teams. Take away his game against K-State and he is well above 60% on the year.

Slightly???

The problem is our skill players aren't explosive enough to translate it into a significant improvement to translate into wins. We're at 24.9 PPG after averaging 28.5 the year before.

trojandawg
10-23-2019, 10:31 PM
He didn’t put it in context. He is using only the Auburn & LSU games for those rankings and stats.

I?ve broken down a lot of the stats going back last 10 years and the regression is really bad. Our offensive numbers nationally are starting to trend to croom level. Not quite there yet but getting there.

Really Clark?
10-23-2019, 10:34 PM

Then what’s 4th?

We are 13th in yards per game. Just like last year. We had 7.0 yards per attempt last year (which would be good for 9th this season) and are averaging 7.7 per attempt this season for 6th (would have been 7th last year). A .7 of a yard improvement per attempt from last year. Again a slight improvement.

Our 132.29 rating is 8th so far this season but last year that same rating also puts us in 13th in the league, just like last year. So in comparison of each season the actual rating has us ranked 13th in the league last year.

Completion percentage is better...still we are 13th in the league in passing offense and 106th nationally...last year we were 112tb nationally in passing offense. 6 places higher so far this year

Coach007
10-23-2019, 10:43 PM
Then what’s 4th? We are 13th in yards per game. Just like last year. We had 7.0 yards per attempt last year (which would be good for 9th this season) and are averaging 7.7 per attempt this season for 6th (would have been 7th last year). A .7 of a yard improvement per attempt from last year. Again a slight improvement. Our 132.29 rating is 8th so far this season but last year that same rating also puts us in 13th in the league, just like last year. So in comparison of each season the actual rating has us ranked 13th in the league last year. Completion percentage is better...still we are 13th in the league in passing offense and 106th nationally...last year we were 112tb nationally in passing offense. 6 places higher so far this year

I assume that the person that POSTED IT had not updated it. Ask him.

SO again... I guess the only way to solve this is to keep posting the words of the collective proving that either they were wrong then or wrong now. They are on a mission to to have me ignored because they KNOW what they were saying under Mullen on the OL, the WR, and more. YET they expect it to be fixed in a year. ANd this thing is... Moorhead did his job. He went out and recruited his ass off to get QBs here that could run his system and it showed under Stevens until he got hurt. It's showing now under Shrader who is a freshman....

You guys in the collective can't have it both ways. Either they were bad or they were not. Either there is improvement in recruitment of the skill positions or not.

And there is simply noway I'm going to shut up about what you all had to say. Either give the man time or live in misery. Either way I am here, and I will be pointing out YOUR words...meaning the collective, every time you blame Moorhead for a WR or OL or DT or others that had ZERO to do with Moorhead in some sort of sick twisted BS trying to get a man canned.

It's pure ignorance.

Todd4State
10-23-2019, 10:51 PM
I assume that the person that POSTED IT had not updated it. Ask him.

SO again... I guess the only way to solve this is to keep posting the words of the collective proving that either they were wrong then or wrong now. They are on a mission to to have me ignored because they KNOW what they were saying under Mullen on the OL, the WR, and more. YET they expect it to be fixed in a year. ANd this thing is... Moorhead did his job. He went out and recruited his ass off to get QBs here that could run his system and it showed under Stevens until he got hurt. It's showing now under Shrader who is a freshman....

You guys in the collective can't have it both ways. Either they were bad or they were not. Either there is improvement in recruitment of the skill positions or not.

And there is simply noway I'm going to shut up about what you all had to say. Either give the man time or live in misery. Either way I am here, and I will be pointing out YOUR words...meaning the collective, every time you blame Moorhead for a WR or OL or DT or others that had ZERO to do with Moorhead in some sort of sick twisted BS trying to get a man canned.

It's pure ignorance.

I like his recruiting. I have questions about his discipline. Which may offset any talent that he brings in and improves. Really if he comes back he is going to have to improve that among other things- but most of his other issues can be traced back to his lack of discipline. That's why I'm not sold on him at all. Every time he tries to show emotion or whatever- it just seems really forced and not genuine.

Homedawg
10-23-2019, 10:54 PM

Yards per game bro?? If you complete two passes and don't get a first down it doesn't do any good. And if you complete 4 in a row and punt it doesn't matter. Yards= Points=wins as a rule

Homedawg
10-23-2019, 10:56 PM
I like his recruiting. I have questions about his discipline. Which may offset any talent that he brings in and improves. Really if he comes back he is going to have to improve that among other things- but most of his other issues can be traced back to his lack of discipline. That's why I'm not sold on him at all. Every time he tries to show emotion or whatever- it just seems really forced and not genuine.

And I'm ok w him wo emotion Bc that's not who he is. Problem is both have failed. Just be who you are. They will follow if you are good. And he's not been good. That's a problem.

Todd4State
10-23-2019, 11:09 PM
And I'm ok w him wo emotion Bc that's not who he is. Problem is both have failed. Just be who you are. They will follow if you are good. And he's not been good. That's a problem.

Exactly. I don't need our coach throwing a chair at an official for me to think that he's a good coach or cares.

I want him to put a good product on the field. Right now the product is simply not good.

trojandawg
10-23-2019, 11:15 PM
He likes his pointless stats to show improvement. Yards per attempt means absolutely nothing. Completion percentage means nothing. Third down conversion does. First downs does. Yards per game not exactly relate to but helps because it means you are moving the ball a lot. If we complete a pass it only means something if it results in first downs. It only means something in the red zone. Red zone Efficiency means something. Points per game means something. If you aren?t getting it to the red zone and aren?t scoring it in the red zone, then passing efficiency means absolutely shit. Nobody gives a shit if a qb has a perfect passer rating if you don?t put the ball in the end zone and more than than the other team. Moorhead?s offense sucks at converting third downs, getting into the red zone, and converting in the red zone to touchdowns. His offense sputters. Mostly because it has zero rhythm or identity to it. His numbers last year are even skewed because he racked up points against shitty defenses. This year he can?t even do that and that?s with playing only qbs that supposedly fit his offense. Fitz managed to carry his shit turd of an offense better than what we are seeing now.

Coach007
10-24-2019, 12:04 AM

There is a youth issue. When you have a Freshman QB.. you get false starts. ETC etc. It's youth and lack of team leadership. They are on the sideline either injured or either suspended.

Coach007
10-24-2019, 12:05 AM
Exactly. I don't need our coach throwing a chair at an official for me to think that he's a good coach or cares.

I want him to put a good product on the field. Right now the product is simply not good.

Nor was it under Mullen in one of his cycles. That is simply fact. The question is what is Moorhead doing to stop the roller coaster. Recruiting his ass off.

Coach007
10-24-2019, 12:11 AM
He likes his pointless stats to show improvement. Yards per attempt means absolutely nothing. Completion percentage means nothing. Third down conversion does. First downs does. Yards per game not exactly relate to but helps because it means you are moving the ball a lot. If we complete a pass it only means something if it results in first downs. It only means something in the red zone. Red zone Efficiency means something. Points per game means something. If you aren?t getting it to the red zone and aren?t scoring it in the red zone, then passing efficiency means absolutely shit. Nobody gives a shit if a qb has a perfect passer rating if you don?t put the ball in the end zone and more than than the other team. Moorhead?s offense sucks at converting third downs, getting into the red zone, and converting in the red zone to touchdowns. His offense sputters. Mostly because it has zero rhythm or identity to it. His numbers last year are even skewed because he racked up points against shitty defenses. This year he can?t even do that and that?s with playing only qbs that supposedly fit his offense. Fitz managed to carry his shit turd of an offense better than what we are seeing now.

No he didn't. Fitz for 13 games had only 424 with 6 games left for Shrader/Stevens. In rushing, Schrader/Stevens are at 500 in 7 games. Fitz was 1121. That's 621 yards difference with 6 game left. Scoring.. 1 point difference from last year.

Moorhead is here. He isn't going anywhere.

Todd4State
10-24-2019, 12:52 AM
There is a youth issue. When you have a Freshman QB.. you get false starts. ETC etc. It's youth and lack of team leadership. They are on the sideline either injured or either suspended.

Nor was it under Mullen in one of his cycles. That is simply fact. The question is what is Moorhead doing to stop the roller coaster. Recruiting his ass off.

I don't necessarily disagree that some of those things are issues. However, the product as is should still be better. And good enough to beat K-State and Tennessee. Youth? Not really when you look at our depth chart.

When Dan was here he constantly had holes on the roster. However, that rarely kept us from beating teams the caliber of Tennessee or K-State. I don't like Dan and I'm glad he's gone- but he did win most of the ones he should have won. Joe hasn't.

War Machine Dawg
10-24-2019, 02:20 AM
I don't necessarily disagree that some of those things are issues. However, the product as is should still be better. And good enough to beat K-State and Tennessee. Youth? Not really when you look at our depth chart.

When Dan was here he constantly had holes on the roster. However, that rarely kept us from beating teams the caliber of Tennessee or K-State. I don't like Dan and I'm glad he's gone- but he did win most of the ones he should have won. Joe hasn't.

LOL, I love that Troll007 is trying to blame false starts on a freshman...despite it being a problem Jughead's whole tenure. We false start because our pace of play is absurdly slow, and we have to "check with me," meaning our OL have to hold their stance 15-20 seconds all the damn time. That's a long time for a dude 300+ Lbs to stay crouched, especially if he's out of shape due to our shitty S&C. If we'd speed up our pace of play and snap the ball quickly like we did with Mullen, that by itself would go a long way in eliminating our false start epidemic. Like with most issues on this team, it's directly traceable to Jughead's inability to coach and his money saver S&C coach.

defiantdog
10-24-2019, 02:23 AM
I?m convinced that 34 and 007 are the same person and playing devil?s advocate against each other to trigger posts.

msugolf
10-24-2019, 04:37 AM
I?m convinced that 34 and 007 are the same person and playing devil?s advocate against each other to trigger posts.

I've had this same thought

Really Clark?
10-24-2019, 06:49 AM

We have had false start issues no matter the QB and the OL is experienced. Sitting in your stance fo 35 sec every snap is a part of it. I agree we have a lack a team leadership...including the coach.

CoachT14
10-24-2019, 06:53 AM
There is a youth issue.

The ones causing all of the discipline issues aren't even the young guys. Come on now, you're a better troll than this.

BrunswickDawg
10-24-2019, 07:20 AM
Then what?s 4th?

We are 13th in yards per game. Just like last year. We had 7.0 yards per attempt last year (which would be good for 9th this season) and are averaging 7.7 per attempt this season for 6th (would have been 7th last year). A .7 of a yard improvement per attempt from last year. Again a slight improvement.

Our 132.29 rating is 8th so far this season but last year that same rating also puts us in 13th in the league, just like last year. So in comparison of each season the actual rating has us ranked 13th in the league last year.

Completion percentage is better...still we are 13th in the league in passing offense and 106th nationally...last year we were 112tb nationally in passing offense. 6 places higher so far this year

About the only reason we have moved up in rankings in the SEC is because of the amount of turmoil across the league at the QB position. I think UGA, LSU, and A&M are the only teams that haven't had QBs either miss time due to injury or be yanked for ineffectiveness. Measuring anything QB related in the SEC this year may not be a good idea.

timotheus
10-24-2019, 07:37 AM
The ones causing all of the discipline issues aren't even the young guys. Come on now, you're a better troll than this.

Agreed. Which Freshmen are discipline issues?

Really Clark?
10-24-2019, 07:46 AM
About the only reason we have moved up in rankings in the SEC is because of the amount of turmoil across the league at the QB position. I think UGA, LSU, and A&M are the only teams that haven't had QBs either miss time due to injury or be yanked for ineffectiveness. Measuring anything QB related in the SEC this year may not be a good idea.

That’s true, it has skewed the league rankings

Really Clark?
10-24-2019, 07:55 AM
No he didn't. Fitz for 13 games had only 424 with 6 games left for Shrader/Stevens. In rushing, Schrader/Stevens are at 500 in 7 games. Fitz was 1121. That's 621 yards difference with 6 game left. Scoring.. 1 point difference from last year.

Moorhead is here. He isn't going anywhere.

Fitz only had what for 424? We are 3.6 off in points off from last season and 7.1 from 2017. If we stay at 24.9 it will our lowest per game since 2008.

timotheus
10-24-2019, 07:57 AM
007 obviously assumes that our opposition will also have a lackluster offense which will automatically make the games closer and appear competitive.

Coach007
10-24-2019, 09:11 AM
Fitz only had what for 424? We are 3.6 off in points off from last season and 7.1 from 2017. If we stay at 24.9 it will our lowest per game since 2008.

Fitz, in 13 games, only had 424 more yards than our starters this year.... and they have 6 games left.

Points per game 2019- 24.9
Points per game 2018- 25.7
--------------------------------
Difference of -------- 0.8 points per game. With 6 games left and a true freshman who took over for an injured Grad Transfer who was averaging 72.5%

BB30
10-24-2019, 09:19 AM
I don't understand why it is so hard for some of yall to admit we have a major talent deficiency at WR along with a true freshman at QB in the SEC. That isn't a recipe for 300yd passing games and a pile of passing TDs. There is plenty of other stuff to get on JOMO about without yall having to make sh** appear to be entirely his fault. Our WRS are really really really bad.

I'm all for the criticism JOMO receives as long as people are being realistic. Some of yall are just blind to the fact that outside of bama and UGA most teams don't have the talent at the skill positions for a true freshman to come in and be extremely successful.

For a tf to be really successful you have to have a really good first and second option that are getting open on the first or second read. Asking a freshman to be consistently good when he has to get through 3-4 progressions to find someone that is somewhat open isn't going to deliver consistent results. We don't have the dudes to make that happen.

With that in mind Shrader has been pretty solid despite the lack of playmakers around him at WR. If you can't admit that the kid has looked alright throwing the football for the situation that he has been put in your a tad delusional.

Again, not making excuses for JOMO, there is plenty to criticize him on and he is responsible for all of the sloppiness and lack of physicality but you can't blame the lack of SEC speed and ability at the WR position yet.

bluelightstar
10-24-2019, 09:37 AM

This. It's nuts.

Homedawg
10-24-2019, 09:37 AM
Fitz, in 13 games, only had 424 more yards than our starters this year.... and they have 6 games left.

Difference of -------- 0.8 points per game. With 6 games left and a true freshman who took over for an injured Grad Transfer who was averaging 72.5%

Grad transfer who had played against two bad teams. You keep wanting to use facts. And fact is we've lost to two really bad teams too!!

Really Clark?
10-24-2019, 09:45 AM

Dude I don’t know where you are getting your stats but you are getting spanked by them. We averaged 32 points per game in 2017, 28.5 in 2018, and 24.9 so far this season. You are wrong.

https://static.hailstate.com/custompages/stats/fb/2017/teamcume.htm

https://static.hailstate.com/custompages/stats/fb/2018/teamcume.htm

https://static.hailstate.com/custompages/stats/fb/2019/teamcume.htm

Concerning the Fitz stat, I assuming you are talking only passing yards. To clear up your misinformation, Fitz played in 12 games not 13. To do an accurate comparison you have to add in KT’s stats as he played a complete game in the opening game last year as well as additional snaps. So the stat still stands we are only 18 yards per game better in passing.

But you need to compare total offense vs total offense with the QB’s because you have 3 outstanding running QB’s and that is a major part of their game. Fitz & KT averaged 316.7 yards per game in total offense and Stevens & Shrader has averaged 324.7. A huge jump of....8 freaking yards against weaker competition and defenses across the board so far. In the adjusted when it comes out, I suspect that will more than take up that little 8 yard difference.

Really Clark?
10-24-2019, 10:08 AM
Grad transfer who had played against two bad teams. You keep wanting to use facts. And fact is we've lost to two really bad teams too!!

USM is 113th in passing defense this season...about piss poor as you can get. The average rating of the passing defenses are down this year compared to last. Florida, Kentucky and Iowa were all 18th or higher. LSU and Auburn have both dropped...LSU’s has dropped a lot.

Coach007
10-24-2019, 10:55 AM
Dude I don’t know where you are getting your stats but you are getting spanked by them. We averaged 32 points per game in 2017, 28.5 in 2018, and 24.9 so far this season. You are wrong. .

Team ranking doesn't use FCS schools. So subtract that 63 points scored. It also will not count Abilene Christian this year.

Concerning the Fitz stat, I assuming you are talking only passing yards.

I also listed rushing.

To clear up your misinformation, Fitz played in 12 games not 13.

Awesome. It won't matter. It will be passed up this year.

To do an accurate comparison you have to add in KT’s stats as he played a complete game in the opening game last year as well as additional snaps. So the stat still stands we are only 18 yards per game better in passing.

With the FCS team included.... which we have not played yet. But go ahead and add that 364.... that brings us to 788 with 6 games left to play. That means we need 131.33 passing yards from our true freshmen to equal the Sr from last year.

But you need to compare total offense vs total offense with the QB’s because you have 3 outstanding running QB’s and that is a major part of their game. Fitz & KT averaged 316.7 yards per game in total offense and Stevens & Shrader has averaged 324.7. A huge jump of....8 freaking yards against weaker competition and defenses across the board so far. In the adjusted when it comes out, I suspect that will more than take up that little 8 yard difference.

LMAO!! No. We still have not played that stat padding ACU game yet.

AND NO.. we have not played "weaker" defenses this year:

KSU- 2018 71st. 2019- 40th---- Defense stronger this year

Louisiana - 2018 97th. 2019---- 50th. Defense stronger this year

UK- 2018 23rd. 2019--- 53rd. Weaker defense this year

Auburn- 2018 38th. 2019--- 23rd. Stronger defense

LSU- 2018 25th... 2019--- 24th. Same defense. BTW.. could only throw it for 59 yards in '18. This year 240.

Homedawg
10-24-2019, 10:59 AM
If you can't see our schedule is as soft as a marshmallow. And our coach screwed up and lost two games we shouldn't have I can't help you. But carry on blind unicorn.

Coach007
10-24-2019, 11:04 AM
USM is 113th in passing defense this season...about piss poor as you can get. The average rating of the passing defenses are down this year compared to last. Florida, Kentucky and Iowa were all 18th or higher. LSU and Auburn have both dropped...LSU’s has dropped a lot.

Auburn Team Passing Efficiency Defense: 2018- 31st. 2019- 29th.. Against a better than last year team, we threw 216 passing yards this year vs 69 last year

Lsu has dropped.

Coach007
10-24-2019, 11:09 AM
If you can't see our schedule is as soft as a marshmallow. And our coach screwed up and lost two games we shouldn't have I can't help you. But carry on blind unicorn.

Really? Is it soft? It's ranked #17 in the nation. Yep. We should have beaten UT. Who is arguing?

Really Clark?
10-24-2019, 11:20 AM
Team ranking doesn't use FCS schools. So subtract that 63 points scored. It also will not count Abilene Christian this year.

I also listed rushing.

Awesome. It won't matter. It will be passed up this year.

With the FCS team included.... which we have not played yet. But go ahead and add that 364.... that brings us to 788 with 6 games left to play. That means we need 131.33 passing yards from our true freshmen to equal the Sr from last year.

LMAO!! No. We still have not played that stat padding ACU game yet.

AND NO.. we have not played "weaker" defenses this year:

KSU- 2018 71st. 2019- 40th---- Defense stronger this year

Louisiana - 2018 97th. 2019---- 50th. Defense stronger this year

UK- 2018 23rd. 2019--- 53rd. Weaker defense this year

Auburn- 2018 38th. 2019--- 23rd. Stronger defense

LSU- 2018 25th... 2019--- 24th. Same defense. BTW.. could only throw it for 59 yards in '18. This year 240.

Weaker passing defenses. KST has improved a ton and ULL has improved to 38th. Auburn, Kentucky, LSU (dropped a lot from 38th to 70th in passing) have all dropped some or a lot, we dropped Florida from schedule who was 13th in the country for Tenn who is 43rd, added a horrible USM pass defense who is 113th. The weaker passing defenses we have faced has also helped our numbers.

Ok we drop FCS points. Let’s do conference only games then, 18.5 this season 103rd in the country which would rank us 121st last year. We scored 19.3 per game in conference last season and ranked 119th which puts us 100th this season. They both suck equally. Do you want to compare our previous seasons of 26.3, 29.3, 26.3, 33.8...at least a full TD less than the prior 4 years of conference game points per game.

Really Clark?
10-24-2019, 11:21 AM
Auburn Team Passing Efficiency Defense: 2018- 31st. 2019- 29th.. Against a better than last year team, we threw 216 passing yards this year vs 69 last year

Lsu has dropped.

Auburn’s total pass defense has dropped from 58th to 68th nationally

trojandawg
10-24-2019, 11:28 AM

Lsu has dropped.

you really seem to use to declare Moorhead's greatnest is passing efficiency and passing completion and passing completion defense. well guess what, those don't score you point and don't win games. we can be the best team in passing efficiency and passing completion percentage and still suck. sorry keep on with your delusion though.

Really Clark?
10-24-2019, 11:33 AM
Really? Is it soft? It's ranked #17 in the nation. Yep. We should have beaten UT. Who is arguing?

The SOS will drop as we finish out the year, the remaining schedule is ranked 55th. Last year our SOS was 6th. More difficult schedule last year

Coach007
10-24-2019, 11:40 AM
Auburn’s total pass defense has dropped from 58th to 68th nationally

Why are you not going by Efficiency? Even with the yards allowed, You are only talking a 5 yards per game difference. 219.5 vs 224.7.

Coach007
10-24-2019, 11:49 AM
Weaker passing defenses.

You stated just defense.

KST has improved a ton and ULL has improved to 38th

Ok. So not weaker.

Auburn

Already established.. not weaker. Not by yards, not by efficiency.

Ok we drop FCS points.

"We" don't. Team Rankings dos and you asked me where I got that from.

Let’s do conference only games then, 18.5 this season

Yeah.. conference play isn't over and the teams we face that are left:

Ark- 87 ranked Defense
Ole Miss- 83rd ranked
TAMU- 32nd.

We can compare then.

Homedawg
10-24-2019, 12:12 PM
You stated just defense.

Ok. So not weaker.

Already established.. not weaker. Not by yards, not by efficiency.

"We" don't. Team Rankings dos and you asked me where I got that from.

Yeah.. conference play isn't over and the teams we face that are left:

Ark- 87 ranked Defense
Ole Miss- 83rd ranked
TAMU- 32nd.

We can compare then.

Shouldn't be hard to score more than last year either w 7, 6, 3, 0 the guru put up. Course 10 against a tough ut defense***** then points at garbage time. We good.......

PMDawg
10-24-2019, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=Coach007[/QUOTE]

Commercecomet24
10-24-2019, 02:56 PM
Let's keep this real simple. Throw out all the stats, efficiency, metrics whatever. Here's all that really counts: wins, losses, points scored, points given up. We've lost more than we've won and we've given up more points than we've scored. That makes us not a very good football team right now.

Tbonewannabe
10-24-2019, 03:56 PM

Lsu has dropped.

Are you really comparing games where one we rushed for damn near 400 yards vs the other game that was over by halftime? Those aren't apples to apples.

tcdog70
10-25-2019, 11:12 AM
Anyone with a brain. Can figure if Fitz was our QB this year we would be 5-2. He would have run through Tenn. like shit through a goose.

State82
10-26-2019, 05:39 AM
Let's keep this real simple. Throw out all the stats, efficiency, metrics whatever. Here's all that really counts: wins, losses, points scored, points given up. We've lost more than we've won and we've given up more points than we've scored. That makes us not a very good football team right now.

Yep. This is as simple and straightforward as it can be. And really all that needs to be said.

msugolf
10-26-2019, 06:28 AM

Lsu has dropped.

Garbage time stats don't count and we were up in the auburn game last year so we wanted to burn clock by running. Wouldn't make sense to pass. You're a moron but carry on.

timotheus
10-26-2019, 06:40 AM
Give it to 007, he puts to Mo in Moron

DeltaChicagoDog
10-26-2019, 06:44 AM
?This. It's nuts.?

Whatever you think about RougeDawg, his info has been good. RD has said a number of times that there no way KT would?ve played this year due to off the field issues. I also recall when someone said to Brandon Walker on More Cowbell - well before the season began - that ?KT made a booboo.? And Brandon replied, ?We?re not gonna talk about that? and moved right past it. I believe it. Something must?ve gone down during the off season. I mean, there?s no other logical explanation.