PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss sold $130,000 worth of beer this past Saturday.....

BogeyGolfer
10-22-2019, 06:17 PM
at the Texas AM game...That was one game in a stadium that was 3/4 full. How long before we start selling beer in DWS? Que the Jomo jokes with beer sales etc..

msstate7
10-22-2019, 06:26 PM
How much per beer?

KOdawg1
10-22-2019, 06:29 PM
How much per beer?

I think I read somewhere it was around $8-9

BogeyGolfer
10-22-2019, 06:30 PM
How much per beer?

According to the Daily Journal article, 15, 400 units at $8-$9 per unit....

Cooterpoot
10-22-2019, 06:33 PM
Our leadership failed us. Backwards thinking 17rs.

Dawgbite
10-22-2019, 06:33 PM
According to the Daily Journal article, 15, 400 units at $8-$9 per unit....

So, one beer for everyone in attendance?

dawgoneyall
10-22-2019, 07:07 PM
Think the weekend before LSU sold 7.5 mil.

Ari Gold
10-22-2019, 07:12 PM
Beer was $6 each and the deal OM got with Budweiser was around .50c a beer..
and as usual we are on the sidelines doing nothing..

BogeyGolfer
10-22-2019, 07:22 PM

We have the 13th lowest football revenue just ahead of Vandy, yet we won't sell beer in our stadium when every local podunk town in Mississippi and the South will sell beer in most concert/arenas...Unreal...

Doggie_Style
10-22-2019, 07:52 PM
Our leadership failed us. Backwards thinking 17rs.

The same 17ers that brought you Moorhead refused to sell beer...think about that

Homedawg
10-22-2019, 07:54 PM

No. Beer was 8. And Budweiser distributor only had 2 of the 6 beers. The 50cents a beer part maybe. But that's if they didn't give them any up front money and won't last forever. Miller/coors Gave more money on the front end. That's how they became the official beer of provider of ole miss. Anyway it's not all straight profit to ole miss. BUT it does give them a more revenue for sure..... oh and dr Keenum will be the one making the final call on this one

Goldendawg
10-22-2019, 08:00 PM
With the way Jo and what's let of our FB "program" is going, we need to skip beer and go straight to whiskey or pure grain alcohol!**** (**** is a pure maybe). Suggestion coming from a Southern Baptist, don't tell my 82 year old Bulldog Mom!

Lord McBuckethead
10-22-2019, 08:01 PM
It's dumb not to sell beer. But you know, the same 17n mentality has kept this state dead last in everything since this state became a state.

Coursesuper
10-22-2019, 08:01 PM
No. Beer was 8. And Budweiser distributor only had 2 of the 6 beers. The 50cents a beer part maybe. But that's if they didn't give them any up front money and won't last forever. Miller/coors Gave more money on the front end. That's how they became the official beer of provider of ole miss. Anyway it's not all straight profit to ole miss. BUT it does give them a more revenue for sure..... oh and dr Keenum will be the one making the final call on this one

HCPIV getting it done at UNM.

Ari Gold
10-22-2019, 08:12 PM

Clearing up my info.
2nd hand via The Interm AD
8 dollars a beer
9 dollars premium
Miller / Coors is the distributor
OM cost .55c per can

I don’t know all the ends and outs of the contract.
Bottom line is we are sitting on sideline not taking advantage of it

TheLostDawg
10-22-2019, 08:14 PM
Delete

TheLostDawg
10-22-2019, 08:15 PM
The same 17ers that brought you Moorhead refused to sell beer...think about that

This

Goldendawg
10-22-2019, 08:15 PM
No, some of "us", stand on the sidelines with the input of the proverbial, Cigar store wooden Native American.

Homedawg
10-22-2019, 08:16 PM
Clearing up my info.
8 dollars a beer
9 dollars premium
OM cost .55c per can

Yep. Yep. And yep.

SapperDawg
10-22-2019, 08:17 PM
I got a survey from the Bulldog Club last week and one of the questions asked if I would buy beer in the stadium. So they are gathering data, at least.

Goldendawg
10-22-2019, 08:27 PM
Clearing up my info.
8 dollars a beer
9 dollars premium
OM cost .55c per can

Might be better for us to only sell natty or Milwaukee's Best light for a cheaper price till things get better on the field. Don't need to add more co$t to our viewing "experience". My son pointed out the mass move to the exits at the end of the 3rd period at the LSU game. We stayed to the bitter, but expected end.

Cooterpoot
10-22-2019, 08:40 PM
They don?t need 17ing data. All the data they need is already gathered at stadiums all over. Backwards thinking, Baptist fearing, no balls leadership. Everyone is finding out the people they thought were leaders really aren?t.

Spiderman
10-22-2019, 08:41 PM
at the Texas AM game...That was one game in a stadium that was 3/4 full. How long before we start selling beer in DWS? Que the Jomo jokes with beer sales etc..

State hate money and progress. Always has

Spiderman
10-22-2019, 08:43 PM
They don?t need 17ing data. All the data they need is already gathered at stadiums all over. Backwards thinking, Baptist fearing, no balls leadership. Everyone is finding out the people they thought were leaders really aren?t.

Yep

ZedFedder
10-22-2019, 09:04 PM
The beer was either $8 or $9 depending on which one you got.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.clarionledger.com/amp/3999518002

R2Dawg
10-22-2019, 09:10 PM

Sorry but leadership is a lot more than selling beer or not; that would be a pretty shallow view of leadership. Actually it may be the opposite. Doing something just because everyone else is doing it does not show courage or leadership. That would be followship.

I still think it is smart to wait and see what happens. If it failed for some reason, let others make the mistakes. If there are not negative effects then consider it in future.

If having a beer is that important just don't go to games and watch on TV with your beer.

bulldogcountry1
10-22-2019, 09:25 PM
State sold more beer than that. It?s just that they didn?t gain financially. Everyone who sold beer to the fans who watched the game did.

NeuteredDawg
10-22-2019, 09:31 PM
It is a nice option to have but at $8 per 16oz... I'll be passing on that. Get get a 6 pack of 16ozers for $5.99.

Price gouging at its finest.

Homedawg
10-22-2019, 09:33 PM
It is a nice option to have but at $8 per 16oz... I'll be passing on that. Get get a 6 pack of 16ozers for $5.99.

Guess you've never been to a pro game.....

TheLostDawg
10-22-2019, 09:38 PM

Sorry but leadership is a lot more than selling beer or not; that would be a pretty shallow view of leadership. Actually it may be the opposite. Doing something just because everyone else is doing it does not show courage or leadership. That would be followship.

I still think it is smart to wait and see what happens. If it failed for some reason, let others make the mistakes. If there are not negative effects then consider it in future.

If having a beer is that important just don't go to games and watch on TV with your beer.

The thing is the research is already out. I believe West Virginia and a few others started this years ago. LSU last year for sure. We know the statistics. Fights, etc went down and revenue was generated. Leadership is what West Virginia did trying it out. Scared and falling behind us what we're doing and have done. Again just another example of being the last to do anything and being too lazy try something new/look into something up and coming. Just like the coaching hire, we let someone do the work instead of looking into coaches ourselves and finding a fit for our program. Half As**ing. Hopefully we stop having the year to year mentality and start thinking ahead.

Maroonthirteen
10-22-2019, 10:06 PM
Cohen has consulted with LT. We will be selling beer soon. But Milwaukee best. (LT says that’s all you rubes can afford). It will be sold hot to discourage drinking the beer during the game.

Bothrops
10-22-2019, 10:42 PM
How long before we start selling beer in DWS?

Next year.

Cooterpoot
10-22-2019, 10:49 PM

Leadership should move things forward and do what’s best. There’s no failure. It’s been sold at events for years. That’s damn silly. Our leadership is weak. You make that money and move on. State is held back a lot of times by leadership.

Okrastar1
10-22-2019, 11:13 PM

Do you think the burger you buy for 6$ costs that to make? This is the kind of backward a$$ thinking that leaves us behind...

Coursesuper
10-23-2019, 07:32 AM

When selling beer at a football game fails then I'm pretty sure I will begin jet propelling my ass to the game with my own flatulent. This is the exact kind of Misspy thinking that is keeping Misspy 50th, thanks for holding on to that moral high ground.

msstate7
10-23-2019, 07:35 AM
Do you think the burger you buy for 6$ costs that to make? This is the kind of backward a$$ thinking that leaves us behind...

Huh? He said he'd pass on paying $8 for a beer. Why is that backward thinking?

StateDawg44
10-23-2019, 07:52 AM

Or any public concert/event/venue that sells 16oz beers for that matter.

shannondawg
10-23-2019, 08:08 AM
Should cut down the bitching about cost of season tickets. At least by the ones that buy $9 beer.

MStateDawg
10-23-2019, 08:55 AM
Or any public concert/event/venue that sells 16oz beers for that matter.

Or a Bowl Game

BeardoMSU
10-23-2019, 09:01 AM
It's dumb not to sell beer. But you know, the same 17n mentality has kept this state dead last in everything since this state became a state.

Yep.

Lord McBuckethead
10-23-2019, 09:12 AM
Look, the failure in leadership is not being positioned to make this a thing. For instance. Scott Strickland just put out an open invite on twitter for ADs of P5 teams to contact him about a future home and home. He received immediate public support and immediate contact from other ADs. From that, they will get a larger choice of P5 opponents than we will. Its a simple thing to do, yet Strick put UF in position to provide the best game possible for their fanbase.

Now with the beer sells, its going to happen. Shit we should have pushed for this 10 years ago, leading the way. Now we once again not leading in a realm that our fanbase and the rest of the world already decided on years and years ago. Beer is available at almost every higher level sporting/entertainment event in the country. Beer sales have happened at concerts for over 50 years.

Legalizing weed is another one. Mississippi could have given rise to an entirely new industry if they looked past their dust gathering bibles for a moment. We could have made the delta the weed capital of the world, but no. We could have made more money for education in our state than ever before, but no. We waste our legislative time on dumb shit like closing down the one abortion clinic in the state and setting marriage laws and shit, or passing tax cuts when our infrastructure and schools are terrible. Just saying, there are much more important things for our legislatures could do. With shit leadership like this, we will remain a state without opportunities.

Lord McBuckethead
10-23-2019, 09:17 AM
Removed, argumentative.

Lord McBuckethead
10-23-2019, 09:41 AM
https://i.redd.it/1fsw474q09u31.jpg

Johnson85
10-23-2019, 10:08 AM

We're not just not selling beer. We're not selling beer this year. I think the athletic department probably should have had a plan in place before it was officially allowed so they'd be ready to implement it this year, but considering we are 17ing inept at handling parking and traffic, despite having decades of experience and other schools to learn from, I don't think it's a terrible decision to wait until the 2020 year. Definitely Plan A should be to have a competent and nimble event management staff that can make changes like this quickly and effectively. But if you have the type of team that 17s up concessions on opening day and can't figure out parking and traffic after years of trial and error, then Plan B being let's take our time rather than 17 it, we'll figure it out as we go doesn't seem like a ridiculous position. It's also not a ridiculous position to say "we're going to be shitty at it in a year, might as well have beer in the meantime". But if I were in charge of the decision, seeing our competence and taking for granted that we didn't start working on it until after it was voted on, I think I probably would have waited also. Might would have just aimed for a second half fo the season roll out rather than 2020, but I would have wanted to see the obvious ways to 17 it up before I let our team rush in and provide the example. We were already busy providing the example of not having enough water or concessions stands in 100+ degree heat.

Dawgbite
10-23-2019, 10:24 AM
Let's just skip to the front of the line and start selling pot at games. It would be glorious, every game would be a sellout, everybody would be in the stadium as soon as the gates opened, no more bitching about concessions, everything would taste good, and if you think the field looks good now just imagine how green it would be with a good buzz. We could replace Journey with some Grateful Dead. Throw and interception, no problem, just eat another Dorito it'll be alright. We would be the most popular ticket in college football.

BeardoMSU
10-23-2019, 10:40 AM
Let's just skip to the front of the line and start selling pot at games. It would be glorious, every game would be a sellout, everybody would be in the stadium as soon as the gates opened, no more bitching about concessions, everything would taste good, and if you think the field looks good now just imagine how green it would be with a good buzz. We could replace Journey with some Grateful Dead. Throw and interception, no problem, just eat another Dorito it'll be alright. We would be the most popular ticket in college football.

We should've listened to you when you argued un-banning anything but fully-clothed sex in missionary-position would lead to people marrying their damn dogs!!!!***

https://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/rare-7-3.jpg?w=810&h=450&crop=1

Dawgbite
10-23-2019, 10:54 AM
Not that I'm against fully clothed sex, it's just that pubic hair and zippers are a bad combination. Having a short and curly all wrapped up in a YKK makes for a painful combination.

BeardoMSU
10-23-2019, 10:57 AM
Having a short and curly all wrapped up in a YKK makes for a painful combination.

Wrong decade.**

Mjoelner34
10-23-2019, 11:06 AM
I havent read through the entire thread to see if this has been mentioned already but the first thing that needs to happen is for MSU to petition the state for the athletic venues to receive resort status or for Oktibbeha County to change their blue laws allowing for beer in the county. Either of those would be a sign that it is moving forward.

TheLostDawg
10-23-2019, 11:45 AM
As much as I like and support Cohen, all these are the reasons I thought we needed to hire someone outside the University for AD. We need new ideas. Stupid is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result. Strickland did great things but also a lot of bad. We all knew hiring Cohen would have growing pains and now we see what those pains are. I'm not saying fire Cohen but I hope the big donors are seeing what's going on and pursuing bringing someone in, maybe not as AD but someone high up, to right the ship.

Summery- we need someone to bring in new ideas and stop promoting everything from within our own system.

StarkVegasSteve
10-23-2019, 11:57 AM
Look, the failure in leadership is not being positioned to make this a thing. For instance. Scott Strickland just put out an open invite on twitter for ADs of P5 teams to contact him about a future home and home. He received immediate public support and immediate contact from other ADs. From that, they will get a larger choice of P5 opponents than we will. Its a simple thing to do, yet Strick put UF in position to provide the best game possible for their fanbase.

Now with the beer sells, its going to happen. Shit we should have pushed for this 10 years ago, leading the way. Now we once again not leading in a realm that our fanbase and the rest of the world already decided on years and years ago. Beer is available at almost every higher level sporting/entertainment event in the country. Beer sales have happened at concerts for over 50 years.

Legalizing weed is another one. Mississippi could have given rise to an entirely new industry if they looked past their dust gathering bibles for a moment. We could have made the delta the weed capital of the world, but no. We could have made more money for education in our state than ever before, but no. We waste our legislative time on dumb shit like closing down the one abortion clinic in the state and setting marriage laws and shit, or passing tax cuts when our infrastructure and schools are terrible. Just saying, there are much more important things for our legislatures could do. With shit leadership like this, we will remain a state without opportunities.

And as long as we keep electing the same inept people who choose to bury their heads in the sand, nothing will change.

R2Dawg
10-23-2019, 03:15 PM
When selling beer at a football game fails then I'm pretty sure I will begin jet propelling my ass to the game with my own flatulent. This is the exact kind of Misspy thinking that is keeping Misspy 50th, thanks for holding on to that moral high ground.

My comment had nothing to do with high moral ground; that was most everyone else. My comment was what leadership is or isn't. Your view is if you don't go along with beer in stadiums everyone is an idiot, etc, etc. That is your opinion. Everyone is confusion the issue of leadership with do what I want. That is the kind of backwards thinking that will sink any ship.

Now as far as the drinking or not. I don't really care. I could make a case for or against. There is nothing immoral about taking a drink. Getting drunk, yes. You can't get drunk unless you drink so you see the connection. Does not affect me until I have an issue. What some people call progress can turn out to be utter failure. Much of the progressive movement has exactly turned out that way.

fishwater99
10-23-2019, 06:59 PM

Yep it's not cheap..

RougeDawg
10-23-2019, 07:42 PM
Clearing up my info.
8 dollars a beer
9 dollars premium
OM cost .55c per can

I don?t know all the ends and outs of the contract.

We have done this for about a century. Never speaking up about the unbalanced schedules and getting Bama every year is another one. Just remember these same clowns that brought us SloMo also knew about the tutor before the whole thing encompassed our football program. Incompetence would need a new definition if we used it to describe them.

Oh well, until the lifers demand the best, keep expecting the worst and being a bottom dweller in the sec.

BogeyGolfer
10-24-2019, 06:39 AM
As much as I like and support Cohen, all these are the reasons I thought we needed to hire someone outside the University for AD. We need new ideas. Stupid is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result. Strickland did great things but also a lot of bad. We all knew hiring Cohen would have growing pains and now we see what those pains are. I'm not saying fire Cohen but I hope the big donors are seeing what's going on and pursuing bringing someone in, maybe not as AD but someone high up, to right the ship.

Summery- we need someone to bring in new ideas and stop promoting everything from within our own system.

I like Cohen but I also agree with this, I think we need fresh ideas from outside of the "box" or company line. The ninja was a great example of this and Strick learned from him...A proactive AD and president plans ahead, makes decision ahead of the curve and sets trends. I have to give them credit with the baseball stadium and lofts, we need that type of thinking in football. I will also add Joe will never be successful at State, he doesn't fit. It should not be that hard to win 7-8 games a year in today's CFB, that will get people back on campus, and give them hope.