PDA

View Full Version : Positive Post: Texas A&M is not good

BeastMan
10-22-2019, 11:09 AM
Been checking out some metrics and without going too deep, their passing efficiency is basically the same as ours, ie not good. Even when you change qualifiers like just conference play, still roughly the same. But for whatever reason they are hell bent on throwing it. They only rush the ball on average 31x a game which is 2nd least in the conference. That number isn?t skewed either because they?ve played a lot of close games so they?ve been running their stuff. They?re going to run a little and play-action the hell out of it. And guess who the leader in rushing attempts is? You guessed it, Kellen Mond. And a portion of those are scrambled on caller passes.

This is a game I think Bob Shoop can really scheme for. They aren?t going to give you exotic looks. They aren?t going to run a complicated offense. If our guys can stay disciplined in coverage we could be ok. And we?re a heavy blitzing team. Vs a heavy pa team that should mean some pressures. Just gotta hem up Mond because while he isn?t good, he?s fast.

In conference play A&M is 11th in the league in rushing defense giving up almost 5 ypc. In the famous words of C34, RTGDF. In every other metric they?re avg to good. They?re pretty solid against the pass and where they excel is not giving up big plays. Plays of 20 yards or more they?re one of the best in the league. That says they?re either really fast at safety or it?s a schematic thing. This game sets up for MSU to run the ball early and often and shorten the game. Be patient and grind out long drives. As crazy as this sounds this could be a winnable game not so much because we?ve looked good but because they haven?t looked good. I think a game plan similar to Auburn last year and a clean game and State could win.

LC Dawg
10-22-2019, 11:22 AM
I don't think we'll have a clean game because that's just the nature of having a freshman quarterback (or our senior quarterback for that matter) but we definitely need to win the turnover battle.
I do agree that this game is winnable. If Shoop can put something together to stop them on their first couple of drives Mond has a tendency to get frustrated and make bad decisions.

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 11:22 AM
This is all gonna be on Joe and the offense. I think Shoop can contain A&M's offense enough to give us a decent shot. We can't have a scoop and score like om did though. That broke their back.

BeastMan
10-22-2019, 11:35 AM
I don't think we'll have a clean game because that's just the nature of having a freshman quarterback (or our senior quarterback for that matter) but we definitely need to win the turnover battle.
I do agree that this game is winnable. If Shoop can put something together to stop them on their first couple of drives Mond has a tendency to get frustrated and make bad decisions.

Good points. To clarify when I say clean I don’t necessarily mean perfect. There is some margin for error vs A&M. Certainly much more than LSU.

BeastMan
10-22-2019, 11:36 AM
This is all gonna be on Joe and the offense. I think Shoop can contain A&M's offense enough to give us a decent shot. We can't have a scoop and score like om did though. That broke their back.

Agreed. Hell the scoop and score beat them. Take that play away and they win the game

msstate7
10-22-2019, 11:38 AM
Sigh... how did tenn look in the metrics? Can't believe some of you actually think we can win this game

Jack Lambert
10-22-2019, 11:39 AM

Our defense looked good Saturday. I re watched the game and I was please. If they give that effort Saturday and our Offense can keep from turning the ball over or shooting Them selves in the foot on drives they have a shot to win. It is going to be very difficult to win. Also the 11:00 start to States advantage.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2019, 11:45 AM
Texas A&M is not good but....

msstate7
10-22-2019, 11:46 AM
Texas A&M is not good but....

Yep. We're worse... way worse

Commercecomet24
10-22-2019, 11:46 AM

Yep it's all squarely in joe and the offense. The defense is improving and I believe they'll hold am in check. Can we score more than 13 points is the question. Just run them into the ground

confucius say
10-22-2019, 11:52 AM
If we were at home with the tutor gate crew I would call it a toss up. But zero confidence in us on the road minus gay and autry.

Speaking of positive though. Our young DT played well sat after watching the film. Have s chance to be real good there going forward. Especially if we can add 1 good juco piece.

BrunswickDawg
10-22-2019, 11:56 AM

If we win, what does that say about the $75 million dollar man?

confucius say
10-22-2019, 12:03 PM

Has jimbo been as disappointing as joe? Going to be 7-5, worse than last years 8-4, with a veteran qb and 4/5 stars everywhere.

BrunswickDawg
10-22-2019, 12:08 PM
Has jimbo been as disappointing as joe? Going to be 7-5, worse than last years 8-4, with a veteran qb and 4/5 stars everywhere.

I'd say he's pretty close to as disappointing. If they lose to us, odds are they lose USC, @UGA & @LSU too making 5-7 in the realm of possibility for A&M.

msstate7
10-22-2019, 12:10 PM

Bad. It would be awful to lose to us at home

msstate7
10-22-2019, 12:12 PM

Results have certainly been disappointing this season for him. He's about to wrap up another top 10 class though (#7 right now after #4 last year), so next season is the year we find out about jimbo

NCDawg
10-22-2019, 12:13 PM
Would be nice if we could run the ball. Unfortunately I haven't seen us run the ball successfully in the past games, and I doubt if we can do it against Texas A&M. I don't think our OL can block well enough. Seems as if Hill gets hit as soon as he Shrader gives him the ball.

Todd4State
10-22-2019, 12:20 PM
Would be nice if we could run the ball. Unfortunately I haven't seen us run the ball successfully in the past games, and I doubt if we can do it against Texas A&M. I don't think our OL can block well enough. Seems as if Hill gets hit as soon as he Shrader gives him the ball.

Auburn and LSU are 2 and 3 in the SEC in run defense. Now yes Tennessee is 11 but we messed that up by starting Stevens.

Point is I wouldn’t be surprised if we run the ball better going forward.

StarkVegasSteve
10-22-2019, 12:26 PM
It all comes down to one position group......O Line. They were the main reason we lost the UT game and they'll be the reason we lose or win this one. They have to get more push when we're running it, and PLEASE TO GOD CAN THEY GIVE OUR QB MORE THAN TWO SECONDS WITHOUT GETTING HIS HEAD TAKEN OFF!!!!!

BrunswickDawg
10-22-2019, 12:26 PM
Auburn and LSU are 2 and 3 in the SEC in run defense. Now yes Tennessee is 11 but we messed that up by starting Stevens.

Point is I wouldn’t be surprised if we run the ball better going forward.

One thing we have consistently been able to do is run on A&M, Arkansas, and OM. Their defenses just seem to fold against us. If we commit to more of the approach we used in those games last year, it is possible to win all 3.

msstate7
10-22-2019, 12:32 PM
Joe Moorhead sec road games...
1-5

Combined score 150-78 (really ugly if you throw out om 35-3)

Total offense per game = 275.2

Dawgfan77
10-22-2019, 12:35 PM
Want me to give you more hope. SloMo says we need to start passing the ball more.... so we are playing a team fixing up 5ypc yet our savant wants to pass more. I shit you not he said this in his PC yesterday

Really Clark?
10-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Want me to give you more hope. SloMo says we need to start passing the ball more.... so we are playing a team fixing up 5ypc yet our savant wants to pass more. I shit you not he said this in his PC yesterday

Not defending JoMo or the passing more idea but that rushing number went up a good bit because of UNM game. They were 3.96 ypc prior to last weekends game.

BeastMan
10-22-2019, 12:49 PM
Sigh... how did tenn look in the metrics? Can't believe some of you actually think we can win this game

Horrible lol. I would like to think we don?t lose out. If we go 0fer on A&M, Arky, and OM...

Scared_Hitless
10-22-2019, 12:50 PM

Lets be honest though which coach walked into a better situation. Very comparable, in all honesty. Jimbo is a supposedly proven coach yet he has not done much better than JoMo so far and that is saying something. A&M is on the hook for 75 million granted schedules were harder on their end. If he loses to JoMo again will be some unrest in Aggieland.

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 12:54 PM
1-5

And 7 comes along to slap us in the face with the dick of reality.*

I'm trying to show some positivity but it's hard.

msstate7
10-22-2019, 01:01 PM
And 7 comes along to slap us in the face with the dick of reality.*

I'm trying to show some positivity but it's hard.

I'm just not getting my hopes up. I do think this game is possible to win, but it will take us doing something we really haven't done, play well on the road

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2019, 01:09 PM
A&M has been in every game they lost but Bama. They are no pushover type team for anyone. It's also out there.

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 01:11 PM
I'm just not getting my hopes up. I do think this game is possible to win, but it will take us doing something we really haven't done, play well on the road

Man, I don't even get mad anymore. I just laugh. That touchdown by LSU on one play after we took the lead...I just laughed my ass off. And it would not surprise me if this is a Auburn revenge kinda game. It could get ugly.

Jack Lambert
10-22-2019, 01:20 PM
Man, I don't even get mad anymore. I just laugh. That touchdown by LSU on one play after we took the lead...I just laughed my ass off. And it would not surprise me if this is a Auburn revenge kinda game. It could get ugly.

Not that it matters but we did not take the lead. We closed it to with in two.. 9 to 7.

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 01:25 PM
Not that it matters but we did not take the lead. We closed it to with in two.. 9 to 7.

My bad. You're right. I had inverted the score in my delirium.

defiantdog
10-22-2019, 01:25 PM
A&M is better than Tennessee, this game is on the road, we aren?t a good football team. I see us losing but getting another moral victory for effort blah blah.

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 01:27 PM
A&M is better than Tennessee, this game is on the road, we aren?t a good football team. I see us losing but getting another moral victory for effort blah blah.

We are so close to Champions of Life it's effing pitiful.

NCDawg
10-22-2019, 01:31 PM

We didn't have the lead, but I haven't heard an explanation how that guy got so wide open. Whose man was that? Tremendous breakdown on defense. That should not happen.

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 01:40 PM
We didn't have the lead, but I haven't heard an explanation how that guy got so wide open. Whose man was that? Tremendous breakdown on defense. That should not happen.

That dude was so wide open he should have been wearing a grand opening ribbon around his neck!

Commercecomet24
10-22-2019, 01:44 PM

CJ Morgan had responsibility on that play. He blew several Saturday.

BrunswickDawg
10-22-2019, 02:13 PM
A&M has been in every game they lost but Bama. They are no pushover type team for anyone. It's also out there.

They also struggled to beat Arkansas and Ole Miss, which means that they are vulnerable.

I'm not saying we win either - because I don't think we will. But, any other team of ours over the past 10 years I'd feel confident that we could win.

DawgPoundtheRock
10-22-2019, 02:51 PM
I agree that we need a run heavy game plan, but really, how long has it been since we had a cohesive or competitive offensive game plan, or one that appears to be designed for the opponent we are actually playing at the time? I'm guessing about 4 games prior to Mullen's departure.

MafiaDawg
10-22-2019, 02:56 PM
I thought every play was depending on what the defense showed?

confucius say
10-22-2019, 03:16 PM
I agree that we need a run heavy game plan, but really, how long has it been since we had a cohesive or competitive offensive game plan, or one that appears to be designed for the opponent we are actually playing at the time? I'm guessing about 4 games prior to Mullen's departure.

I thought the OM plan of run down their throats last year was good. Auburn last year too. And Aggie last year too (attacking downfield bc their secondary was like last in the sec).

trojandawg
10-22-2019, 03:22 PM

he is pretty clueless of how to effectively game plan in the SEC.

Jack Lambert
10-22-2019, 03:25 PM
My bad. You're right. I had inverted the score in my delirium.

Just by chance I watched the game last night. That's how I knew. I watch them live and then a few days later I watch the recording. I always ask my son what happens. It is completely different on TV.

HancockCountyDog
10-22-2019, 03:39 PM

I'm assuming Gay will play in this game and if he doesn't, that will be quite telling for me.

I've watched the A&M/bear game and they didn't impress me at all. Both teams looked like shit. If I was a bear fan I would have wanted Rich Rod fired on the spot, the play calling was atrocious. Anyone that would want him here is just nuts.

If we don't turn the ball over we should be able to win the game. I don't want Shrader to get 20 carries.

I'm not saying we will win, but to say we can't win is just silly.

Lord McBuckethead
10-22-2019, 03:51 PM
Hasn't aTm been like top 10 every year they have been in the SEC?
In recruiting I mean.

msstate7
10-22-2019, 04:03 PM
Hasn't aTm been like top 10 every year they have been in the SEC?
In recruiting I mean.

No, 2 times from 2012-2018.

msstate7
10-22-2019, 04:06 PM
I'm assuming Gay will play in this game and if he doesn't, that will be quite telling for me.

I've watched the A&M/bear game and they didn't impress me at all. Both teams looked like shit. If I was a bear fan I would have wanted Rich Rod fired on the spot, the play calling was atrocious. Anyone that would want him here is just nuts.

If we don't turn the ball over we should be able to win the game. I don't want Shrader to get 20 carries.

I'm not saying we will win, but to say we can't win is just silly.

Sure, we could win, but how much would you be willing to even take the 10.5/11 points in a substantial bet?

parabrave
10-22-2019, 04:42 PM
Been checking out some metrics and without going too deep, their passing efficiency is basically the same as ours, ie not good. Even when you change qualifiers like just conference play, still roughly the same. But for whatever reason they are hell bent on throwing it. They only rush the ball on average 31x a game which is 2nd least in the conference. That number isn?t skewed either because they?ve played a lot of close games so they?ve been running their stuff. They?re going to run a little and play-action the hell out of it. And guess who the leader in rushing attempts is? You guessed it, Kellen Mond. And a portion of those are scrambled on caller passes.

This is a game I think Bob Shoop can really scheme for. They aren?t going to give you exotic looks. They aren?t going to run a complicated offense. If our guys can stay disciplined in coverage we could be ok. And we?re a heavy blitzing team. Vs a heavy pa team that should mean some pressures. Just gotta hem up Mond because while he isn?t good, he?s fast.

In conference play A&M is 11th in the league in rushing defense giving up almost 5 ypc. In the famous words of C34, RTGDF. In every other metric they?re avg to good. They?re pretty solid against the pass and where they excel is not giving up big plays. Plays of 20 yards or more they?re one of the best in the league. That says they?re either really fast at safety or it?s a schematic thing. This game sets up for MSU to run the ball early and often and shorten the game. Be patient and grind out long drives. As crazy as this sounds this could be a winnable game not so much because we?ve looked good but because they haven?t looked good. I think a game plan similar to Auburn last year and a clean game and State could win.

Thought JoNo already said we will be a pass happy offense for this game.

parabrave
10-22-2019, 04:49 PM

2 major things need to improve with a run heavy plan. 1. Our Oline better man up and block a whole lot better and KH needs to quit dancing around in the backfield and hit the hole hard. That is if there is one.

MedDawg
10-22-2019, 05:14 PM
1-5

That's as much small sample size scheduling as anything. Those opponents ended up or are currently ranked #2, #6, #9, and #12 plus UT and OM. We blew out OM. UT is the only one that is unacceptable. The UT game DID suck, although they played at Bama pretty well.

That said, we generally play a lot better at home, like Auburn but a couple levels below them. In 2017 and 2019 Auburn blasted State but we beat them in 2018. In 2017 Auburn whupped UGA in Auburn but lost to UGA by a lot in the SECCG that same season SEC away games are tough for everyone, but we seem to suffer worse than most compared to home games.

So I don't have a lot of confidence going into this game. We SHOULD be able to win, but I don't think we have the discipline and organization/preparation to win. And that's on Moorhead.

ScooterDog
10-22-2019, 06:16 PM
I think this would be a good time to put KT back in the game for a few plays if the QB is going to run a lot. I'm probably the only one that thinks that way though. Just my 2 cents.

Bothrops
10-22-2019, 07:00 PM

If we score a td on LSU, Bama, or Auburn, you can bet money that they will score back within 4 plays.

parabrave
10-22-2019, 08:46 PM
I think this would be a good time to put KT back in the game for a few plays if the QB is going to run a lot. I'm probably the only one that thinks that way though. Just my 2 cents.

No you are not. Problem is KT is supposed to be hurt according to the coaching staff.

Tbonewannabe
10-23-2019, 01:52 PM

Auburn last year only to never see it again.

PMDawg
10-23-2019, 02:00 PM

I know this is trying to be positive, and I respect you for that. BUT - I'll be that guy. lol

Yes, Texas A&M is not good. Yet we are still double digit dogs to them. That says a lot more about us than it does them.

Honestly, I don't find it extremely unlikely that we will win, but I just don't trust Joe at all at this point. He's a disaster.

timotheus
10-23-2019, 04:21 PM
We will make Mond look like the 2nd coming of Drew Brees with Walter Payton in the backfield. They will put of 30 or so and we haven't shown that we can score but 10 or so on a decent SEC defense. True, they are not very good but they are organized and that is something that I haven't seen from us on offense the last 2 weeks.

BB30
10-24-2019, 09:34 AM
Results have certainly been disappointing this season for him. He's about to wrap up another top 10 class though (#7 right now after #4 last year), so next season is the year we find out about jimbo

Why does he automatically get a pass from you when by all accounts they have been just as bad, they just simply have more talent than we do. If you gave Jimbo our roster I don't believe his W/L record would look much different from what ours currently is and yet you bash JOMO while giving Jimbo somewhat of a pass. They have looked sloppy and un-physical at times as well this season.

They have recruited in the top 15 except for a class or two going back to at least 2015. Didn't look much further back than that. And quite a few of their classes since 2015 have been top 11-12. So simply saying well he is recruiting at a high level doesn't get him a pass much longer because they were already recruiting pretty well.

msstate7
10-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Why does he automatically get a pass from you when by all accounts they have been just as bad, they just simply have more talent than we do. If you gave Jimbo our roster I don't believe his W/L record would look much different from what ours currently is and yet you bash JOMO while giving Jimbo somewhat of a pass. They have looked sloppy and un-physical at times as well this season.

They have recruited in the top 15 except for a class or two going back to at least 2015. Didn't look much further back than that. And quite a few of their classes since 2015 have been top 11-12. So simply saying well he is recruiting at a high level doesn't get him a pass much longer because they were already recruiting pretty well.

He's 4-3 with losses to #1, #4, and #9. Joe is 3-4 with losses to NR, #9, NR, and #2. Joe is at #21 recruiting after #24 last year. Jimbo is at #7 recruiting after being #4 last season. W/L o/u entering season: aTm 7.5, state 8. Which resume is better in your eyes?

If we lose this week, we go under the projected w/l for the 2nd straight season under joe with Bama still on schedule.

Oh and top 7 in recruiting is a huge difference than top 15.

BB30
10-24-2019, 10:29 AM
He's 4-3 with losses to #1, #4, and #9. Joe is 3-4 with losses to NR, #9, NR, and #2. Joe is at #21 recruiting after #24 last year. Jimbo is at #7 recruiting after being #4 last season. W/L o/u entering season: aTm 7.5, state 8. Which resume is better in your eyes?

If we lose this week, we go under the projected w/l for the 2nd straight season under joe with Bama still on schedule.

Oh and top 7 in recruiting is a huge difference than top 15.

He also looked pretty bad against OM and managed to beat a powerhouse arkansas team by 4 with a pile of talent on that team.

Again, if you switch rosters does he beat arky and OM?

He also has a veteran QB and isn't starting a true Frosh with sub par WRs. Give JOMO A&M's roster and we probably are doing better as well.

msstate7
10-24-2019, 10:36 AM
He also looked pretty bad against OM and managed to beat a powerhouse arkansas team by 4 with a pile of talent on that team.

Again, if you switch rosters does he beat arky and OM?

He also has a veteran QB and isn't starting a true Frosh with sub par WRs. Give JOMO A&M's roster and we probably are doing better as well.

So he beat ark and om rather than loss to KSU and tenn?

ETA... clown move to critique wins while excusing losses for Moorhead

BB30
10-24-2019, 10:50 AM
So he beat ark and om rather than loss to KSU and tenn?

ETA... clown move to critique wins while excusing losses for Moorhead

I'm not excusing losses. I'm calling out hypocrisy. JOMO sucks too. That tis be the difference, call a spade a spade. Jimbo is not living up to the hype. Not sure how you can argue with that.

Your the one excusing Jimbo's suckiness while hammering JOMO for the same suckiness. Your also making excuses for losses because of the ranking of the team that is being played. Who cares who you lost to an L is an L. Two of JOMO's losses are to that number 9 team and the number 2 team so what its still a loss.

msstate7
10-24-2019, 10:58 AM
I'm not excusing losses. I'm calling out hypocrisy. JOMO sucks too. That tis be the difference, call a spade a spade. Jimbo is not living up to the hype. Not sure how you can argue with that.

Your the one excusing Jimbo's suckiness while hammering JOMO for the same suckiness. Your also making excuses for losses because of the ranking of the team that is being played. Who cares who you lost to an L is an L. Two of JOMO's losses are to that number 9 team and the number 2 team.

I said this season has been "disappointing" for jimbo. As I said earlier though, his w/l entering the season was 7.5 so this wasn't expected to be a good team for them. Next year is the year for jimbo... he should be a 10 or better win team next year. Now if jimbo loses to tenn, KSU, or any team that he's a 6.5 pt favorite against (Moorhead has lost 4 already)... I'll re-evaluate

PMDawg
10-24-2019, 11:07 AM

Your the one excusing Jimbo's suckiness while hammering JOMO for the same suckiness. Your also making excuses for losses because of the ranking of the team that is being played. Who cares who you lost to an L is an L. Two of JOMO's losses are to that number 9 team and the number 2 team so what its still a loss.

The Jimbo conversation is an interesting one, but I can still see both sides.

Jimbo has a bit more built up goodwill due to previous success/track record. Plus his recruiting is elite, which generally translates to success eventually. Plus, A&M competes well in losses vs elite teams. They are never an easy out.

On the other hand, he left FSU in shambles, and he's not winning at an acceptable clip at A&M.

I can understand A&M still holding out hope for him, as well as the general public expecting him to right the ship. However, if you're an A&M fan, you have to be getting nervous. Jury is still out, but there are concerning trends.

In the case of JoMo, he's already obviously an abject failure. The debate is really over at this point, minus a few people who refuse to see it. That's the difference here.

There's no doubt Jimbo is underperforming so far, but at least there are reasons to think he can still pull it out. Joe is in a nosedive that can only end in an explosion when he finally impacts the ground.

BB30
10-24-2019, 11:22 AM
I said this season has been "disappointing" for jimbo. As I said earlier though, his w/l entering the season was 7.5 so this wasn't expected to be a good team for them. Next year is the year for jimbo... he should be a 10 or better win team next year. Now if jimbo loses to tenn, KSU, or any team that he's a 6.5 pt favorite against (Moorhead has lost 4 already)... I'll re-evaluate

There has been virtually no improvement on the field from him to Sumlin.

When looking at expectations, A&M should absolutely have higher expectations than us. They have more cash than they know what to do with in one of the most talent rich states in the country with facilities that are absolutely stupid nice.

I don't necessarily care what his over/under on wins is. Watching them play they aren't any better than they were under Sumlin. They are very sloppy at times and don't always show up and play physical. The same things we complain about JOMO doing. The two things a head coach can control regardless of the talent they have on the field and Jimbo has struggled with both with a veteran QB that some on here argued was going to have a "break out" year.

We are starting a freshman QB with a terrible group of WRs now explain how that combo should win more games than Jimbo and the roster he has? You can say well vegas set the W/L not me.

Honest question, would you have traded rosters with A&M at the beginning of the season? Accounting for Tutorgate etc? If the answer is yes, then I assume you would have expected the roster that you are trading for to win more games..

I know I would have traded in a heart beat just to have the skill guys they do.

PMDawg
10-24-2019, 11:25 AM

When looking at expectations, A&M should absolutely have higher expectations than us. They have more cash than they know what to do with in one of the most talent rich states in the country with facilities that are absolutely stupid nice.

I don't necessarily care what his over/under on wins is. Watching them play they aren't any better than they were under Sumlin. They are very sloppy at times and don't always show up and play physical. The same things we complain about JOMO doing. The two things a head coach can control regardless of the talent they have on the field and Jimbo has struggled with both with a veteran QB that some on here argued was going to have a "break out" year.

We are starting a freshman QB with a terrible group of WRs now explain how that combo should win more games than Jimbo and the roster he has? You can say well vegas set the W/L not me.

Honest question, would you have traded rosters with A&M at the beginning of the season? Accounting for Tutorgate etc? If the answer is yes, then I assume you would have expected the roster that you are trading for to win more games..

What about schedules? Would you trade schedules with them too?

msstate7
10-24-2019, 11:27 AM

Jimbo beats ksu and tenn with our roster. I mean, crap, tenn lost to ga state and BYU

BrunswickDawg
10-24-2019, 11:32 AM

Think about this -

You can make an argument that Kevin Sumlin made a bigger impact on A&M then Jimbo has.
Sumlin won 11 his first year with less talent, while moving from the Big12 to the SEC, and was a first year P5 HC, and upped their recruiting.

Jimbo hasn't done much to improve the status quo.

BB30
10-24-2019, 01:26 PM
Jimbo beats ksu and tenn with our roster. I mean, crap, tenn lost to ga state and BYU

That wasn't the question. Would you have traded rosters or not?

BB30
10-24-2019, 01:29 PM
What about schedules? Would you trade schedules with them too?

I would without a doubt if I get that roster to go along with the schedule. That schedule is just for this year those skill guys will be around for a couple of years.

BB30
10-24-2019, 01:34 PM

And odds are the don't get to 8 wins unless the schedule I am looking at is wrong. They are @ 4-3 right now with this left:

State W
UTSA W
USCE W
@UGA L
@LSU L

That gets them to what? 7-5?

PMDawg
10-24-2019, 02:05 PM
I would without a doubt if I get that roster to go along with the schedule. That schedule is just for this year those skill guys will be around for a couple of years.

LOL - Ok. So you're not really open minded. Got it.

BB30
10-24-2019, 03:03 PM
LOL - Ok. So you're not really open minded. Got it.

So because I answer your question differently than you wanted me to answer it it then make me "not open minded". Trading a rough schedule for a season for several years with extremely talented skill guys, I'm taking that all day. Seems like a good trade to me seeing that our skill guys are glorified juco guys outside of Kylin.

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2019, 09:22 AM
And odds are the don't get to 8 wins unless the schedule I am looking at is wrong. They are @ 4-3 right now with this left:

State W
UTSA W
USCE W
@UGA L
@LSU L

That gets them to what? 7-5?

That USCe is a toss up. If we happen to win on Saturday (not expecting it), they are then coaching for a chance at a bowl against USCe. USCe is playing as well as any of the middle tier SEC teams right now if not better. They just beat UGA and should have beaten UF if not for the ref screw job.

was21
10-25-2019, 09:54 AM
Are they worse than Tennessee? Just sayin'