PDA

View Full Version : SI now projects us to.....

Msujd164
10-22-2019, 09:06 AM
NO BOWL.

And OM to the Liberty. I?ve bit my tongue but the red line for Joe has to be missing a bowl. He should?ve been able to sleep walk to a bowl. Dude has torn what Mullen built brick by brick. Even Dan has to be pissed. You?d think he was a OM plant.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/10-sec-teams-included-in-sports-illustrateds-updated-bowl-projections/

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 09:20 AM
If he beats Arkansas and Abilene these last few games he should be gone. Arkansas is the absolute worst team in the SEC. Beating them SHOULD NOT be considered "improvement".

Tbonewannabe
10-22-2019, 09:25 AM
Someone is either dumb or got us and Ole Miss confused. Ole Miss at best gets to 5-7. They aren't beating Auburn or LSU. We at least have a shot at A&M, should be favored in Ark, Abilene, and UM (at home).

Tbonewannabe
10-22-2019, 09:28 AM
ESPN bowl projections has MSU in Belk or Gator. I don't think we go Gator but with the lack of teams in bowls, we probably could go Belk, Music City, Texas, or Liberty as long as we get to 6-6.

Really Clark?
10-22-2019, 09:32 AM
Someone is either dumb or got us and Ole Miss confused. Ole Miss at best gets to 5-7. They aren't beating Auburn or LSU. We at least have a shot at A&M, should be favored in Ark, Abilene, and UM (at home).

Yeah, I think they got confused. You can’t realistically see a way for UNM to get to 6 wins. They have to upset either Auburn or LSU to get there and nobody is going to pick that to happen. 5-7 is their best case record by beating New Mexico St (who is 0-7) and Us

Matt3467
10-22-2019, 10:17 AM
If he beats Arkansas and Abilene these last few games he should be gone. Arkansas is the absolute worst team in the SEC. Beating them SHOULD NOT be considered "improvement".

Tbh the only game left on the schedule I expect us to win is the Abilene game. I don't have the faith that this team can beat Ark and OM.

Matt3467
10-22-2019, 10:20 AM

OM has that one game every year that they have no business winning but somehow it happens. Realistically I don't see them beating either of those but I wouldn't be surprised if they beat one of those two especially AU.

BB30
10-22-2019, 10:24 AM
OM has that one game every year that they have no business winning but somehow it happens. Realistically I don't see them beating either of those but I wouldn't be surprised if they beat one of those two especially AU.

No chance they win either of those games. We have a better chance of beating A&M than they do of winning one of those. They are so one dimensional run heavy which is Auburn's bread and butter on defense and they don't have the D to stick with LSU.

Todd4State
10-22-2019, 10:43 AM

They haven’t done that since 2017 when they beat us.

PMDawg
10-22-2019, 10:50 AM

If we were playing Ole Miss this Saturday, I would fully expect to lose. We aren't very dissimilar, and I don't trust our coaching staff.

Arkansas is no longer a gimme. We play like garbage on the road.

I agree with SDS at this point. Actually, strike that. I think neither of us go bowling. I just agree with them that we won't.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2019, 11:08 AM
With Plumlee banged up unm
chances of upsetting anyone are gone. No way they beat auburn or LSU. Joe better figure out how to get to 6 wins but my faith in that is not strong

Coach007
10-22-2019, 11:55 AM
NO BOWL.

And OM to the Liberty. I?ve bit my tongue but the red line for Joe has to be missing a bowl. He should?ve been able to sleep walk to a bowl. Dude has torn what Mullen built brick by brick. Even Dan has to be pissed. You?d think he was a OM plant.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/10-sec-teams-included-in-sports-illustrateds-updated-bowl-projections/

Yes yes... torn down the 2 losing seasons and the 4 seasons of having to win the last game or 2 games to make bowl.... and he did that awesomeness in 9 years.

Really Clark?
10-22-2019, 12:16 PM
Yes yes... torn down the 2 losing seasons and the 4 seasons of having to win the last game or 2 games to make bowl.... and he did that awesomeness in 9 years.

You do understand schedule quirks and that program’s trajectory’s are not completely linear? Mullen’s last 4 years were 10 wins, 9 wins, 6 wins, 8 wins reg season (9 win team with his staff coaching the bowl game). This narrative about having to win the last game or two to make a bowl game only happened once in his last 4 years...2016 was a known transition year and drop in win totals. He screwed up USA game but we are a made FG in the last of that game and Kentucky missing the last second 51 yard FG away from bowl eligibility with our Texas A & M win (8-5 record but 7-1 when we played them and ranked 7th in the country).

That win and the close losses plus EB victory and everybody saw what was happening with the team and that it was the piss poor DC choice that caused a ton of our issues that season. Was not a good start of the season, not everything was fine with the HC...not close, but most everyone saw what the 2017 offense could be. 38, 56, 35, 42, and 55 points in 5 of our last 6 games. Did jack crap vs Bama but they were pretty good that year. LSU 0 points, Washington 7 points, Clemson 14 points, etc

ETA. You won’t believe this because your delusion narrative that you have harped on over and over. But any coach will tell and us coaches on the board will affirm, that the morale of the players and fan base will ALWAYS be higher winning the last game or two of the regular season to make a bowl game and finish 6-6 than losing the last game or two and finish 6-6. Same record...different morale, feeling and tone within the fan base and with players. Especially when the last game is vs your rival

Ari Gold
10-22-2019, 12:33 PM

Exactly

PGHBulldogBG
10-22-2019, 01:25 PM
Ole Miss and MSU will probably both be 4-7 going into the Egg Bowl. The winner might go at 5-7 due to lack of teams eligible

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-22-2019, 01:50 PM
NO BOWL.

With the recent performance of the offensive line, it makes you wonder....

Jack Lambert
10-22-2019, 02:03 PM

I say lazy. They probably figured since Ole Miss has it own TV show on ESPN they must be good.

ATTILLA THE DOG
10-22-2019, 04:06 PM

Mullen is gone man,your hero is running the show now.

Cooterpoot
10-22-2019, 04:08 PM
SI also proclaimed Moorhead the top coaching candidate available. SI doesn’t even know sports anymore.

Coursesuper
10-22-2019, 04:11 PM
With Plumlee banged up unm
chances of upsetting anyone are gone. No way they beat auburn or LSU. Joe better figure out how to get to 6 wins but my faith in that is not strong

I would feel better if I saw either side of the ball having at least one unit beginning to gel, but that's not there.

KOdawg1
10-22-2019, 04:15 PM
We might not make it to a bowl, but neither will OM. They weren't beating LSU or Auburn anyway, but they for sure aren't now with their injuries.

That itself makes their projections crap

KOdawg1
10-22-2019, 04:16 PM
Ole Miss and MSU will probably both be 4-7 going into the Egg Bowl. The winner might go at 5-7 due to lack of teams eligible

Won't be us if we need tutors to take tests for us**

Commercecomet24
10-22-2019, 04:17 PM
I would feel better if I saw either side of the ball having at least one unit beginning to gel, but that's not there.

Yeah the hope meter is running on empty.

Bothrops
10-22-2019, 07:12 PM

Vanderbilt is still worse than Arkansas.

Really Clark?
10-22-2019, 07:19 PM
Vanderbilt is still worse than Arkansas.

Nope. Vandy has won SEC games these last 2 years, including beating Arkansas last year

Bothrops
10-22-2019, 11:22 PM
Nope. Vandy has won SEC games these last 2 years, including beating Arkansas last year

Well I guess it's hard to argue with that

somebodyshotmypaw
10-23-2019, 06:45 AM
SI used to be a leader in sports. But they've gotten too much into Trump sucks, Kap is a social justice warrior, folks criticizing China should be fired from the NBA, Bruce Jenner is brave for changing genders, etc. Sports is secondary now and they suck because of it.

biggun
10-23-2019, 10:55 AM
No chance they win either of those games. We have a better chance of beating A&M than they do of winning one of those. They are so one dimensional run heavy which is Auburn's bread and butter on defense and they don't have the D to stick with LSU.

Bingo

TUSK
10-23-2019, 07:52 PM
SI used to be a leader in sports. But they've gotten too much into Trump sucks, Kap is a social justice warrior, folks criticizing China should be fired from the NBA, Bruce Jenner is brave for changing genders, etc. Sports is secondary now and they suck because of it.

In.