PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl got cornered on Facebook

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 08:40 AM
So I'm going through my feed last night before bed and a recommendation pops up for the page Maroon Madness (I think that's it.) And there is an article about coaches to possibly replace Moorhead at State. Rosebowl chimes in with the company line: Joe Moorhead will be our coach next season and this isn't helping the situation etc,. Well, in the ensuing follow up posts someone posts the obvious: Steve, are we seriously gonna keep a coach that finishes 4-8? Steve's reply was an adamant: We aren't finishing 4-8. This lead to several people expressing their belief that we would finish 4-8 based on what they have seen this year. Then golden post from Rosebowl comes: Look if we were to somehow finish 4-8 then yes all bets are off about Joe being here next season. But I don't think we'll finish 4-8.

So, Rosebowl will tweet out assurances that Joe will be the coach next year but when he is cornered about the actually win/lose scenario to trigger a change he's not so adamant.

KentuckyDawg13
10-22-2019, 08:43 AM
And he also stated that the Rutgers rumors are false. Yet, I read about the Rutgers possibility on 247 from one of the other writers. Whatever, Joe will be here next year despite. All of the hope/speculation is wasted energy. We are Mississippi State.

Cooterpoot
10-22-2019, 08:46 AM
I’ve already told y’all if we win 5+ games, Moorhead is back barring somebody stupid paying the buyout. You can debate whether you think we’ll win certain games, but that’s the reality.

BeardoMSU
10-22-2019, 08:47 AM
#PiedPiper

MadDawg
10-22-2019, 08:50 AM
Oooh! Rosebowl got owned didn't he!

He had to admit that if something neither he nor most rational thinking people think will happen happens, then Moorhead will be fired.

Gracious. Brutal.

Maroonthirteen
10-22-2019, 09:12 AM
Everyone knows..... Rosebowl is taking the high road to protect recruiting. Nobody really knows what will take place after Thanksgiving.

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 09:16 AM
5-7 with a win over Arkansas, the absolute worst team in the SEC, and he should be gone. What this program has become in two seasons removed from Dan Mullen is inexcusable.

Tbonewannabe
10-22-2019, 09:21 AM
It also depends on how we look getting to whatever record. If we get to 5-7 or 6-6 but the offense still looks like garbage and we have defensive or special teams TDs that win the game then the seat is probably still warm. Most fans remember the 2007 where we lucked into several wins even though the offense was still garbage. You can't be an offensive guru and have a crap offense. We have already heard the line of building something and progress is being made without getting actual results. Honestly, Joe probably gets less leeway because of what we went through with Croom.

We need to put up some points on A&M and Bama to at least show that his offense can work on teams who are in the top 50 defenses. Arkansas put points on both of those defenses so it would look really bad if we score less than 10. I would think everyone agrees that even if you agree that Moorhead is in a rebuild that we are further ahead than Arkansas.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2019, 09:25 AM
Everyone knows..... Rosebowl is taking the high road to protect recruiting. Nobody really knows what will take place after Thanksgiving.

More people need to follow his lead.

BeardoMSU
10-22-2019, 09:27 AM

I can appreciate the need to maintain some level of face for the program, but what we don't need is our own version of Yancy.

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 09:27 AM
It also depends on how we look getting to whatever record. If we get to 5-7 or 6-6 but the offense still looks like garbage and we have defensive or special teams TDs that win the game then the seat is probably still warm. Most fans remember the 2007 where we lucked into several wins even though the offense was still garbage. You can't be an offensive guru and have a crap offense. We have already heard the line of building something and progress is being made without getting actual results. Honestly, Joe probably gets less leeway because of what we went through with Croom.

We need to put up some points on A&M and Bama to at least show that his offense can work on teams who are in the top 50 defenses. Arkansas put points on both of those defenses so it would look really bad if we score less than 10. I would think everyone agrees that even if you agree that Moorhead is in a rebuild that we are further ahead than Arkansas.

Absolutely. Which means a loss to Arkansas should be the proverbial last straw. If Cheese shuts down our offense with that whip cream defense it's time.

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 09:29 AM

What really protects recruiting is winning games. That's not happening.

Tbonewannabe
10-22-2019, 09:31 AM
Absolutely. Which means a loss to Arkansas should be the proverbial last straw. If Cheese shuts down our offense with that whip cream defense it's time.

If we somehow win A&M, Abilene, and UM then I will still be pissed if we lose to Ark. Moorhead more than likely gets another year if he makes a bowl but his seat will be pretty warm going into the new year. He also desperately needs to win a bowl game.

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 09:40 AM
If we somehow win A&M, Abilene, and UM then I will still be pissed if we lose to Ark. Moorhead more than likely gets another year if he makes a bowl but his seat will be pretty warm going into the new year. He also desperately needs to win a bowl game.

Winning A&M would be so Croom. But so would losing to a pathetic Arkansas. Even if we somehow finish 6-6 and he comes back that seat will be uncomfortably warm. I can see him fired if we lose to Tulane and Shoop made interim.

shoeless joe
10-22-2019, 10:28 AM
Winning A&M would be so Croom. But so would losing to a pathetic Arkansas. Even if we somehow finish 6-6 and he comes back that seat will be uncomfortably warm. I can see him fired if we lose to Tulane and Shoop made interim.

Don?t insult Croom by comparing him to jomo

*....kinda *

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2019, 10:30 AM
I can appreciate the need to maintain some level of face for the program, but what we don't need is our own version of Yancy.

That isn't being Yancy. That's just having the best interests of MSU ahead of useless speculation. All the speculation does is make things harder.

Todd4State
10-22-2019, 10:37 AM
It’s interesting that Rosebowl is the only one adamantly denies the Rutgers rumors.

BeastMan
10-22-2019, 10:50 AM

Message boards, articles, and social media isn’t what’s going to hurt recruiting. Going 4-8 and getting run is what will hurt recruiting and fans have zero to do with that. Steve is a part of the program in a way so he’s not going to react how fans do and that’s fine. I get that. But you have to exercise a little discernment here. If a newspaper in NJ says he’s a candidate, what’s to refute? Just because he’s a candidate doesn’t mean he’s going. Doesn’t mean he’s interested. So saying it’s a false report is a bit too strong imo. Now if the report says, “Moorehead set to leave MSU for Rutgers”, that’s a report that’s refutable.

And not really related to the contents of your post Liver or the OPs, can we please understand how coaching searches go in 2019? Long long long before there is official communication, there is back channel talks gauging interest. You better believe like you believe in 8lb baby Jesus that someone on JoMo’s team has at least traded a text with someone on that Rutgers search committee. That doesn’t mean Joe has communicated at all. His agent wouldn’t be doing his job if he didn’t communicate with those guys. The flip-side is that I all but guarantee you that Cohen has reached out to numerous coaches via back channels to gauge interest should this JoMo situation blow up. So knowing all that and having a grasp of everything going on, I can respect Steve’s stance but not necessarily buy it. Hopefully that’s parsed out well enough that no one gets offended.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2019, 10:54 AM
Message boards, articles, and social media isn’t what’s going to hurt recruiting. Going 4-8 and getting run is what will hurt recruiting and fans have zero to do with that. Steve is a part of the program in a way so he’s not going to react how fans do and that’s fine. I get that. But you have to exercise a little discernment here. If a newspaper in NJ says he’s a candidate, what’s to refute? Just because he’s a candidate doesn’t mean he’s going. Doesn’t mean he’s interested. So saying it’s a false report is a bit too strong imo. Now if the report says, “Moorehead set to leave MSU for Rutgers”, that’s a report that’s refutable.

And not really related to the contents of your post Liver or the OPs, can we please understand how coaching searches go in 2019? Long long long before there is official communication, there is back channel talks gauging interest. You better believe like you believe in 8lb baby Jesus that someone on JoMo’s team has at least traded a text with someone on that Rutgers search committee. That doesn’t mean Joe has communicated at all. His agent wouldn’t be doing his job if he didn’t communicate with those guys. The flip-side is that I all but guarantee you that Cohen has reached out to numerous coaches via back channels to gauge interest should this JoMo situation blow up. So knowing all that and having a grasp of everything going on, I can respect Steve’s stance but not necessarily buy it. Hopefully that’s parsed out well enough that no one gets offended.

That this board was used against us in the past in recruiting is a known fact. I would expect it still is. If I were recruiting against us I would use it.

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 11:02 AM
That this board was used against us in the past in recruiting is a known fact. I would expect it still is. If I were recruiting against us I would use it.

Dan Mullen is going to ___________ (insert school in blank) has hurt us a lot too.

BeastMan
10-22-2019, 11:13 AM

If it’s a known fact please tell me which recruit and how this board was used. The only specific time I know for fact a mb or social media was used was by Nix at OM with CJ Johnson. And that was years ago.

BeastMan
10-22-2019, 11:14 AM
Dan Mullen is going to ___________ (insert school in blank) has hurt us a lot too.

That hurt is more than any post on any mb or social media and it’s not even close.

Coach007
10-22-2019, 11:51 AM
Oooh! Rosebowl got owned didn't he!

He had to admit that if something neither he nor most rational thinking people think will happen happens, then Moorhead will be fired.

Gracious. Brutal.

LOL... I know.... right

Coach007
10-22-2019, 11:53 AM
It?s interesting that Rosebowl is the only one adamantly denies the Rutgers rumors.

He isn't

monroedawg5646
10-22-2019, 12:02 PM
Is there really enough difference in 4-8 and 6-6 to justify keeping him? Beating really shitty Arkansas and Ole Miss is about like the players giving 100% effort. It should be a given. For me, Moorhead has already played his hand.

Todd4State
10-22-2019, 12:13 PM
He isn't

You don’t count.

Todd4State
10-22-2019, 12:15 PM
Is there really enough difference in 4-8 and 6-6 to justify keeping him? Beating really shitty Arkansas and Ole Miss is about like the players giving 100% effort. It should be a given. For me, Moorhead has already played his hand.

If we go 6-6 it’s because Shrader got us there.

Thing is I think it’s moot because Joe probably doesn’t want to be here either. I think he leaves on his own honestly.

Really Clark?
10-22-2019, 12:22 PM
He isn't

Post the others and random posters doesn’t count

Dawg2003
10-22-2019, 12:42 PM
Rosebowl is what he is. He himself says that he's not an unbiased member of the media. Take him at his word.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2019, 01:11 PM
If it’s a known fact please tell me which recruit and how this board was used. The only specific time I know for fact a mb or social media was used was by Nix at OM with CJ Johnson. And that was years ago.

It got posted here back during the Freeze days. They were handing out printoffs from this site.

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 01:42 PM
It got posted here back during the Freeze days. They were handing out printoffs from this site.

With a $10 off coupon for a massage.***

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-22-2019, 01:48 PM

I've said it once, but I'll say it again. We went from beating Arkansas by 40+ last year to now a pickem. The gap has closed fast apparently. Wonder why?

Jack Lambert
10-22-2019, 01:49 PM

You can bet your pecker this board and every board is use.

Tbonewannabe
10-22-2019, 01:53 PM

I think his mom getting a house full of new furniture and the new Chevy pickup had more to do with signing with UM than some message board post.

Dawg2003
10-22-2019, 01:57 PM
I've said it once, but I'll say it again. We went from beating Arkansas by 40+ last year to now a pickem. The gap has closed fast apparently. Wonder why?

And it's not because Arkansas is any better.

Jack Lambert
10-22-2019, 02:02 PM
Who knew face book had walls.

Homedawg
10-22-2019, 02:27 PM
I think his mom getting a house full of new furniture and the new Chevy pickup had more to do with signing with UM than some message board post.

this^^^ he got his lanyard ripped off in oxford and signed w them. So we had a message board post that kept him from signing w us???? yeah, right.

Coach007
10-22-2019, 02:57 PM

And most of that promoted here. Some wrong. Like Mullen to FL is NOT true.

Coach007
10-22-2019, 03:01 PM
That hurt is more than any post on any mb or social media and it’s not even close.

Not when its the same thing over and over. For 2 or 3 years here, it was said that Mullen was leaving. Now, you have the same people promoting something already laid to rest that Moorhead is leaving. It's the same damn thing... just a different coach.

I mean we had a poster state that Moorhead was called into the AD's and President's Offices and "Boys.. the wheels are in motion". It wasn't even true and the same group spouted that thread over and over and over.

Most of the WHOLE front page right now is dedicated to "Moorhead is gone". I mean, you can't have another topic without those same people going straight to that.

Same damn thing.

trojandawg
10-22-2019, 03:09 PM
it's hard to listen to Rosie these days. too much party line and not enough of the truth.

Coach007
10-22-2019, 03:11 PM
it's hard to listen to Rosie these days. too much party line and not enough of the truth.

You mean like It's Moorhead's fault that the WR situation was shit when he got here? Is that party line or Truth?

TrapGame
10-22-2019, 03:11 PM
And most of that promoted here. Some wrong. Like Mullen to FL is NOT true.

promoted? I think you meant exposed.

Dawg2003
10-22-2019, 03:13 PM

The Boneyard has become really bad. I tried to listen to him yesterday, but it was just him ranting about the SEC officials Twitter account for half the show.

Coach007
10-22-2019, 03:14 PM
promoted? I think you meant exposed.

No. I don't. I mean promoted. If you say it long enough, in coaching, eventually it will be true. Like I said. "Mullen is not going to UF...fact"...oops

trojandawg
10-22-2019, 03:19 PM
You mean like It's Moorhead's fault that the WR situation was shit when he got here? Is that party line or Truth?

or like he said in camp this offensive line was one the best we would have and tommy would turn this offense around. Now, it's Moorhead is fine and isn't interested in Rutgers. Moorhead's offense is improving. The QB situtation was one the best it's been, but that's about to go to shit. The defense was the best it's ever been last year which he wasted. the running back room was pretty full and very talented which has seemed to waste between last year and this year combined. but yeah let's continue to blame Mullen for what Mullen left.

Coach007
10-22-2019, 03:27 PM
or like he said in camp this offensive line was one the best we would have and tommy would turn this offense around. Now, it's Moorhead is fine and isn't interested in Rutgers. Moorhead's offense is improving. The QB situtation was one the best it's been, but that's about to go to shit. The defense was the best it's ever been last year which he wasted. the running back room was pretty full and very talented which has seemed to waste between last year and this year combined. but yeah let's continue to blame Mullen for what Mullen left.

It was a straight forward question. I will ask again.

Is it Moorhead's fault that the WR situation was shit when he got here? Is that party line or Truth?

trojandawg
10-22-2019, 03:50 PM
that is relative and really up to each person's own opinion. it really depends on how the receivers are used. It's not straight forward like you think. Used in a Dan Mullen style of offense they were perfect for that. Used in a Moorhead i want to chunk it for 50/50 balls they aren't the best in down field catches. When used in the run game and in the short to intermediate passing game they can be pretty effective.

Rosebowl you were the one saying we were going to see a major jump in the receivers this year with the addition of Zuber and Payton and Stevens throwing the ball. The Moorhead faithful blamed Fitz for the passing game last year. now it's blame the receivers. you that still worship Moorhead always find something to blame rather than him.

Really Clark?
10-22-2019, 04:25 PM
He isn't

?Scarlet Nation has learned that there is mutual interest between Rutgers and MSU Head Coach Joe Moorehead.? He went on to say that this is something that has been brewing for several weeks. Also said that his source told him that several current coaches on MSU?s staff are already looking for a landing spot for next season.

BeardoMSU
10-22-2019, 04:59 PM
Did the Facebook bullies hold him down and cut those locks off his head, Samson style?***

timotheus
10-22-2019, 05:31 PM
I think Joe believes that if he keeps telling himself that his O will work against an SEC defense that it'll eventually be true.

Spiderman
10-22-2019, 08:52 PM
So I'm going through my feed last night before bed and a recommendation pops up for the page Maroon Madness (I think that's it.) And there is an article about coaches to possibly replace Moorhead at State. Rosebowl chimes in with the company line: Joe Moorhead will be our coach next season and this isn't helping the situation etc,. Well, in the ensuing follow up posts someone posts the obvious: Steve, are we seriously gonna keep a coach that finishes 4-8? Steve's reply was an adamant: We aren't finishing 4-8. This lead to several people expressing their belief that we would finish 4-8 based on what they have seen this year. Then golden post from Rosebowl comes: Look if we were to somehow finish 4-8 then yes all bets are off about Joe being here next season. But I don't think we'll finish 4-8.

So, Rosebowl will tweet out assurances that Joe will be the coach next year but when he is cornered about the actually win/lose scenario to trigger a change he's not so adamant.

Rosebowl has good info on certain recruits. Outside that he knows no more than the rest of us. When questioned on the suspensions back in July he claimed BS. A few of us said it was coming. He says BS. then a couple of days before he acts like he knew it all along.

And when it comes to recognizing what he sees on the field or court, he has the knowledge of the average fan.

I said K. state would be a tough game, that Auburn would blow us out, and Tennessee would beat us. He disagreed and was wrong each time.

Homedawg
10-22-2019, 08:59 PM
Rosebowl has good info on certain recruits. Outside that he knows less than some of us. When questioned on the suspensions back in July he claimed BS. A few of us said it was coming. He says BS. then a couple of days before he acts like he knew it all along.

And when it comes to recognizing what he sees on the field or court, he has the knowledge of the average fan.

I said K. state would be a tough game, that Auburn would blow us out, and Tennessee would beat us. He disagreed and was wrong each time.

FIFY

Coach34
10-22-2019, 09:07 PM
Is it Moorhead's fault that the WR situation was shit when he got here? Is that party line or Truth?

Whoaaaaaa- I thought Fitz couldnt pass? When are you guys going to get on the same page?

trojandawg
10-22-2019, 09:38 PM
Whoaaaaaa- I thought Fitz couldnt pass? When are you guys going to get on the same page?

Bingo. They swap their excuses and keep changing their narrative rather than admit what the problem is. Jo. Mainly 007.

Coach007
10-22-2019, 10:03 PM
that is relative and really up to each person's own opinion. it really depends on how the receivers are used. It's not straight forward like you think. Used in a Dan Mullen style of offense they were perfect for that.

Really?? Because I saw the constant bitching for 3 years that they could not get separation, run routes, nor catch. ALL under the Mullen years. Please don't Make me bump the threads. I will link this one. https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?48144-Fitz&highlight=can%27t+catch As you can see. The same names doing the same thing.

- Homedawg. "Fitz can't throw"... Now Fitz was GOD LIKE
- MSStae7. "In his defense, Ross couldn't hold on to a td. "
- Bothrops.. "Our receivers wore piss yellow jerseys all night."

In that thread... These same people got a rumor started about Fitz and watch the comment:

- Can we please stop posting the rumor about Fitz. OM fans are repeating it now.

In 2015.... One Popular poster here posted "I'm Done with Dan Mullen" called his play calling crap...etc etc.

Rosebowl you were the one saying we were going to see a major jump in the receivers this year with the addition of Zuber and Payton and Stevens throwing the ball.

You can stop with the childish shit. You should know by now it doesn't work with me. We did see a major BUMP. We went froma QB who was 52%, 54%, 51% to a QB who was throwing for 72% before he got injured. Injuries happen and nobody can blame that on Moorhead. Only a person who is looking for issues can dishonestly find an issue with 72% and turn it around on a coach for an injury he nor the QB could control.

The Moorhead faithful blamed Fitz for the passing game last year.

And the ED FAITHFUL blamed him in the Mullen years. I just showed you that in one thread. Like I stated.. PLEASE DON'T make me bump all of the threads to prove it. Just be honest. We had a poor passing game with subpar WRS. It's WHY Mullen could not recruit them. Again.. More than willing to bump the threads.

you that still worship Moorhead always find something to blame rather than him.

No.. I blame him for what he is to be blamed for. Not everything because I am pitching a temper tantrum.

Coach007
10-22-2019, 10:18 PM
?Scarlet Nation has learned that there is mutual interest between Rutgers and MSU Head Coach Joe Moorehead.? He went on to say that this is something that has been brewing for several weeks. Also said that his source told him that several current coaches on MSU?s staff are already looking for a landing spot for next season.

LOL... Per them 7 hours ago:

At this point, Moorhead is not on the hot seat

Literally 7 hours ago........

To add more: And this is golden because the writer is saying something Fleck NEVER stated:

The Schiano interest is there

While Schiano has not come out and publicly made any case for or against the Rutgers job, there was a compelling plea made by his former pupil P.J. Fleck this past weekend in Piscataway.

What was that plea that Fleck made towards Schiano???

“I will say is he's one of the best coaches I've ever seen,” Fleck said after beating up on Rutgers’ 42-7. “He's the greatest coaching influence of my life. I came to him a boy and left as a man. I learned more college football, I learned more business, I learned more how to treat people, I learned more X's and O's, I learned more discipline I learned more work ethic from that man than I ever had learned from anybody in my entire life. And I owe my entire coaching career to him.”

Fleck’s testimony is a strong indicator of Schiano’s intentions in regard to a possible return to Rutgers. It seemed as though Fleck made it a point to make his case for Schiano as that prior statement was just part of his praise for Schiano.

LMAO!!!!!!!!! You keep believing man. Fleck's testimony PRAISE JESUS is a strong INDICATOR of Schiano's intentions!

Coach007
10-22-2019, 10:45 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
Bingo. They swap their excuses and keep changing their narrative rather than admit what the problem is. Jo. Mainly 007.

Link to His words:

First... on attendance in 2017:

1. Complain about the attendance all you want. Our school is located in a small populated corner of the state and people have to drive 2, 3, and 4 hours to get to games.

Second on our WRs from 2017:

[5. You absolutely see our lack of WR play without Mixon, Myles, and Gray on the field. A below average group becomes just bad. It's amazing to me that we can play a UMass and they have a WR better than anybody we got. Our WR recruiting is simply atrocious.

Now to Fitz:

Nick was Nick in the passing game as usual- 12/23- 150 yards.

Fitz is completing 53% of his passes and throwing for 156/game so far this season. 8 TD's and 5 picks. Some people suggested he could be a little better this year but his stats take a step back due to new guys on the OL and our decline at WR. This is certainly the case so far.

DO I need to continue?

SO nobody is swapping anything. What is happening is the same people do the same thing EACH and EVERY year no matter who is here coaching or playing. However, you can't have it both ways...

- Either Fitz could not throw it, or he could. His career under 2 coaches says no. He was not a good passer. But because the same circle needs to blame somebody for something... They change their narrative and ignore their own past to have a purpose.

- Either Mullen's recruiting of WRs sucked as C34 stated and many agreed, or it didn't. It can't be both.

- Either we got the results we needed from the WRS or we didn't. Which is? According to the same people, we did not.

- Either Moorhead is still using Mullen's WRs or he is NOT. It's still the rotation. However, we have seen improvement from them. Again.. Injuries happen and nobody.... ESPECIALLY this group of people have a leg to stand on with that nor the current Roster.

Homedawg
10-22-2019, 10:48 PM
Look dude, stop changing th e narrative cause your guy sucks. 11-1. You said we had plenty of talent. Then it was we are stupid if we don't play the suspended against aub and LSU, they are winnable. Yeah so winnable we could have had the 85 bears defense and lost. (Oh we had that last year,forgot) Then we do the right thing and play them against UT, which we should and jomo shit the bed and we lost. Just give up. You more stupid w each post. And that's tough.

timotheus
10-22-2019, 10:51 PM
Ok Steve.

Coach007
10-22-2019, 11:33 PM
Look dude, stop changing th e narrative cause your guy sucks. 11-1. You said we had plenty of talent. Then it was we are stupid if we don't play the suspended against aub and LSU, they are winnable. Yeah so winnable we could have had the 85 bears defense and lost. (Oh we had that last year,forgot) Then we do the right thing and play them against UT, which we should and jomo shit the bed and we lost. Just give up. You more stupid w each post. And that's tough.

Like I said. You can continue to post me pulling for my team. I have always stated.. I will always pull for my team.

Now own your own words. You and the same people have stated the same things over and over and expect it to be fixed in 1 year. It's BS.

"Fitz can't throw" Your words.. then all of the sudden... It's Moorhead's fault he can't throw. And had he benched him, you would have thrown a fit about that too.

Moorhead isn't going anywhere. Deal with it

cheewgumm
10-22-2019, 11:51 PM
What is irrelevant to last year is Fitzs ability to throw.

This is such a made up and ridiculous narrative that 007 uses to excuse JoMo and blame our players. By the way, way to throw our players completely under the bus to cover for JoMos ineptness last year.

Regardless, we could have literally run every play and beat Florida and Kentucky easily. 10 wins was the minimum last year with all that talent.

Total failure.

dantheman4248
10-23-2019, 12:14 AM
If you can’t throw and the WRs “suck” then why the hell would you run 3 WRs on the field all game?

It’s a pretty simple concept. Adapt to the personnel.

The OL sucks at the “are we pass blocking or run blocking” so instead why not call plays and not audible because of a look. As film has gotten out we can’t run at all because our line is not able to just go down hill on run plays.

Defenses come out in a look and then audible immediately when we audible because they know what we are changing to. Why not cut out the audibling?

These are the main issues with the team that even with all 5*s we would have struggles with. These are all coaching deficiencies.

Seriously ask. If the WRs suck and the QB can’t throw and the OL is not good at pass pro... why would you run 3 wide and attempt to pass most of the game? Why not go 2, 1, or 0 WR and run North-South?

Coach007
10-23-2019, 12:15 AM
What is irrelevant to last year is Fitzs ability to throw.

This is such a made up and ridiculous narrative that 007 uses to excuse JoMo and blame our players. By the way, way to throw our players completely under the bus to cover for JoMos ineptness last year.

Regardless, we could have literally run every play and beat Florida and Kentucky easily. 10 wins was the minimum last year with all that talent.

Total failure.

Oh no.. I'm not throwing them under the bus. YOU did. I'm pointing out what you and the others stated. What's wrong? Not helping your cause?

Again.. the facts:

- Mullen left gaps. Period.
- Mullen did not develo nor recruit WRs well. As everyone agreed.
- As everyone stated, Fitz was not a passer. That's under both Mullen and Moorhead.

- Moorhead recruited to correct those issues. 2 Qbs in
- Moorhead can't help the injury to a QB completing 72% of his passes and throw a great deep ball. NFL scouts even talked about it.
- Moorhead is recruiting more WRs and higher rated than Mullen while coaching up the Wrs on the roster. Case in Point, Mitchell. Even Guidry's blocking and catching is better. But again, nobody could predict an injury.

Sorry you don't like it, but we are all going to go through it just like the roller coaster years of Mullen. Maybe Moorhead can get that stopped too. Wouldn't it be great to be a consistent 9-4ish team.

dantheman4248
10-23-2019, 12:27 AM
Here’s a math lesson for you

85 scholarships. 1 Kicker. 1 Punter. 83.

QB- to have one at every class. 79
HB- need at least 5 here. 74
TE- 2 could see the field so probably need 6 here. 68
OL- just having 5 for each class. 48
WR- 3 starters so let’s go with 12. 36
DL- 4 spots so 16. 20
3 LB- 12 here. 8
2 CB- 8 more. 0
2 S- 8 more. -8
STAR- 4 more. -12

Waste a spot on an inelligible punter and a transfer tackle that won’t see the field. -14

You have 14 gaps by your measure (basically complaining there isn’t a junior backup but rather sophomore backup at certain positions.) How do you spread them out? Oh and we have 2 punters and 2 kickers btw. So make that -16.

Coach007
10-23-2019, 12:38 AM
If you can’t throw and the WRs “suck” then why the hell would you run 3 WRs on the field all game?

It is his job to do what he was hired to do. Period. His offense. And he went out and got a QB that could run it. And before injury, he ran it well.

The OL sucks at the “are we pass blocking or run blocking” so instead why not call plays and not audible because of a look. As film has gotten out we can’t run at all because our line is not able to just go down hill on run plays.

Do I now need to quote the same group that stated the OL sucked in 2017 and recruiting of it sucked? 2 things are for certain. Moorhead got Johnson and he got Cross. Cross would NOT be here if Mullen had stayed. That's a fact. A kid from WP isn't here because of the Mullen crew.

Interesting that every position you have complained about, Moorhead seems to be addressing.

Defenses come out in a look and then audible immediately when we audible because they know what we are changing to. Why not cut out the audibling?

Every friggin team adjusts to audibles sir. EVERYBODY including Ms St.

Seriously ask. If the WRs suck and the QB can’t throw and the OL is not good at pass pro... why would you run 3 wide and attempt to pass most of the game? Why not go 2, 1, or 0 WR and run North-South?

Serious Answer. We are not talking about the same years. You are talking about 2018. You put you offense in and recruit for it. Mullen did it. Moorhead is doing it. And because we put the system in, the WRs were able to produce before Stevens was injured. Now a true freshman is starting and he is not as experienced as Stevens. He's not seeing everything yet... but he will.

Had he not put in his offense, then the WRs would not have had the improvement that they have had. So if not then? WHEN. He was hired for his offense.

- Fitz had 1767 yards in 2018 through 13 games. He had almost the EXACT same in 2017 under Mullen 1782

VS

- Moorhead's QBs already have 1,343 yards and we have 6 games left.

So yes, the passing game is better and it will continue to come together.

In Mullen's last season.... we had not one single WR with 30 catches. With 6 games left, we have one that is 6 catches from that.

That's called improvement by a coaching staff.

Lastly, if we don't throw...... we are not running.

Coach007
10-23-2019, 12:41 AM
Here’s a math lesson for you

85 scholarships. 1 Kicker. 1 Punter. 83.

QB- to have one at every class. 79
HB- need at least 5 here. 74
TE- 2 could see the field so probably need 6 here. 68
OL- just having 5 for each class. 48
WR- 3 starters so let’s go with 12. 36
DL- 4 spots so 16. 20
3 LB- 12 here. 8
2 CB- 8 more. 0
2 S- 8 more. -8
STAR- 4 more. -12

Waste a spot on an inelligible punter and a transfer tackle that won’t see the field. -14

You have 14 gaps by your measure (basically complaining there isn’t a junior backup but rather sophomore backup at certain positions.) How do you spread them out? Oh and we have 2 punters and 2 kickers btw. So make that -16.

LMAO!!!! Holy cow. Not even going there... sweet jesus

Really Clark?
10-23-2019, 01:03 AM
LOL... Per them 7 hours ago:

Literally 7 hours ago........

To add more: And this is golden because the writer is saying something Fleck NEVER stated:

The Schiano interest is there

What was that plea that Fleck made towards Schiano???

LMAO!!!!!!!!! You keep believing man. Fleck's testimony PRAISE JESUS is a strong INDICATOR of Schiano's intentions!

Blah blah...you still haven?t posted where anyone but Rosie denied the Rutgers rumors

timotheus
10-23-2019, 02:40 AM
I'm with you 007. Joe should have a winning record in 2026

Bubb Rubb
10-23-2019, 07:38 AM
It was a straight forward question. I will ask again.

This is bullshit. Moorhead is an offensive guru (allegedly). He could have used his running game much more effectively than he did. He could have been much more creative. All he had to do was be mediocre on offense last year and we would?ve won 11 games, but the guru couldn?t even manage that.

They say the good coaches can take his guys and beat yours, and he take take your guys and beat his. That?s not Joe Moorhead. The more you defend him, the dumber you look.

gravedigger
10-23-2019, 07:47 AM
If we go 6-6 it?s because Shrader got us there.

Thing is I think it?s moot because Joe probably doesn?t want to be here either. I think he leaves on his own honestly.

How did Shrader get here?

Homedawg
10-23-2019, 07:59 AM
Like I said. You can continue to post me pulling for my team. I have always stated.. I will always pull for my team.

Now own your own words. You and the same people have stated the same things over and over and expect it to be fixed in 1 year. It's BS.

"Fitz can't throw" Your words.. then all of the sudden... It's Moorhead's fault he can't throw. And had he benched him, you would have thrown a fit about that too.

Moorhead isn't going anywhere. Deal with it

In other words, I have no rebuttal. And I never said moorhead would be gone before next year. What I did say, to say there is zero chance he gets fired this year is just dead wrong. 4-8 and he's gone.

Duckdog
10-23-2019, 08:58 AM
007 you are so full of crap!!!!!!

Coursesuper
10-23-2019, 09:25 AM

Double Naught is a troll.

biggun
10-23-2019, 10:51 AM

These are the main issues with the team that even with all 5*s we would have struggles with. These are all coaching deficiencies.

Excellent post, I must admit. Agree 100%

TrapGame
10-23-2019, 11:02 AM

Bo Bounds and Chuck Mullins were talking about this on OOB. The NFL teams down starting QBs ARE NOT trying to turn backup QBs into the starters they replaced. The head coach is looking for what the backup brings to the table, what are his strengths and gearing the offense around that. Sean Payton is not calling plays like Teddy is Drew. The Steelers have completely revamped their offense to fit the backup b/c he's not Big Ben, not close.

Yet Joe the Offensive Guru can't see what each player has on offense: what is their strength, what they do well, Am I asking them to do too much?. It's his overly complicated offense or nothing. Sometimes it's best to just line up and run the ball like a bunch of pissed off m'fers.

msstate7
10-23-2019, 11:05 AM
How did Shrader get here?

If the choice is both of them or neither of them, sign me up for neither

gtowndawg
10-23-2019, 11:10 AM
Double Naught is a troll.

Has to be, there's no other explanation. He's dragging the board down with him...not very fun to read anymore.

TrapGame
10-23-2019, 11:23 AM

Yep. Shrader's a good dude, talented AF. But if it means we keep Joe to have him then I think Shrader would kill it at Rutgers. The next coach needs to play to the strengths of the QBs we have left. They're not shitty QBs. They're the victims of Moorhead's calculus equation he calls an offense.

Todd4State
10-23-2019, 12:22 PM

This is correct. We can’t mortgage our football team for one player. That is incredibly short sighted to do so. The other thing is it’s probably moot because odds are high that he would stay with a new head coach anyway.

Tbonewannabe
10-23-2019, 12:26 PM
This is correct. We can’t mortgage our football team for one player. That is incredibly short sighted to do so. The other thing is it’s probably moot because odds are high that he would stay with a new head coach anyway.

Shrader is also from North Carolina who likes to hunt and fish. You would have to wonder if he would follow Moorhead to New Jersey. It would depend on if a new coach could sell him on the offense. He would also have to sit for a year at Rutgers.

Todd4State
10-23-2019, 12:33 PM
Shrader is also from North Carolina who likes to hunt and fish. You would have to wonder if he would follow Moorhead to New Jersey. It would depend on if a new coach could sell him on the offense. He would also have to sit for a year at Rutgers.

The thing about Shrader is he fits pretty much any offense which is a good thing for us.

dantheman4248
10-23-2019, 01:06 PM
It is his job to do what he was hired to do. Period. His offense. And he went out and got a QB that could run it. And before injury, he ran it well.

Do I now need to quote the same group that stated the OL sucked in 2017 and recruiting of it sucked? 2 things are for certain. Moorhead got Johnson and he got Cross. Cross would NOT be here if Mullen had stayed. That's a fact. A kid from WP isn't here because of the Mullen crew.

Interesting that every position you have complained about, Moorhead seems to be addressing.

Every friggin team adjusts to audibles sir. EVERYBODY including Ms St.

Serious Answer. We are not talking about the same years. You are talking about 2018. You put you offense in and recruit for it. Mullen did it. Moorhead is doing it. And because we put the system in, the WRs were able to produce before Stevens was injured. Now a true freshman is starting and he is not as experienced as Stevens. He's not seeing everything yet... but he will.

Had he not put in his offense, then the WRs would not have had the improvement that they have had. So if not then? WHEN. He was hired for his offense.

- Fitz had 1767 yards in 2018 through 13 games. He had almost the EXACT same in 2017 under Mullen 1782

VS

- Moorhead's QBs already have 1,343 yards and we have 6 games left.

So yes, the passing game is better and it will continue to come together.

In Mullen's last season.... we had not one single WR with 30 catches. With 6 games left, we have one that is 6 catches from that.

That's called improvement by a coaching staff.

Lastly, if we don't throw...... we are not running.

It?s his job to win us football games. Doesn?t matter if it?s 3-2 or 100-0. He?s here to win. If his offensive scheme is what does that so be it. If it?s not, then adapt or die.

I didn?t say it?s his fault the OL is sucking. I said it?s his fault for playing to their weaknesses and continuing to let them flounder.

Of course they. And when you have enough tape on us it?s clear his offense has very few audible looks at this point. Defenses know what they are going to switch to if they give us a certain look and shift to the counter when we switch. If the simple ness is because Shrader doesn?t have the capability of running the full offense yet, then make things easier on him and cut out the full play audibles entirely. Teams have us figured out.

So by your own admission, Shrader ain?t there yet to run the full capacity of this offense. And I don?t get why you care about ?improvement in WRs? rather than wins. Again he may have been hired for his offense but his offense is supposed to win games, not struggle to get 10 points. The drop off in the running gams does nothing for confidence when we have receivers making more catches in garbage time because we?re getting blown out.

?If we don?t throw, we?re not running.? We?re already not running.

TrapGame
10-23-2019, 01:14 PM
It?s his job to win us football games. Doesn?t matter if it?s 3-2 or 100-0. He?s here to win. If his offensive scheme is what does that so be it. If it?s not, then adapt or die.

I didn?t say it?s his fault the OL is sucking. I said it?s his fault for playing to their weaknesses and continuing to let them flounder.

Of course they. And when you have enough tape on us it?s clear his offense has very few audible looks at this point. Defenses know what they are going to switch to if they give us a certain look and shift to the counter when we switch. If the simple ness is because Shrader doesn?t have the capability of running the full offense yet, then make things easier on him and cut out the full play audibles entirely. Teams have us figured out.

So by your own admission, Shrader ain?t there yet to run the full capacity of this offense. And I don?t get why you care about ?improvement in WRs? rather than wins. Again he may have been hired for his offense but his offense is supposed to win games, not struggle to get 10 points. The drop off in the running gams does nothing for confidence when we have receivers making more catches in garbage time because we?re getting blown out.

?If we don?t throw, we?re not running.? We?re already not running.

We are not spreading the defense out. There are too many bunch formations. The defense then compresses around the offense. I cringe every time I see them line up in the bunch formation. Have we thrown a bubble screen? Have we thrown a screen to a RB yet? We may have but I sure can't remember.

Coach007
10-23-2019, 01:29 PM

Prove any of that wrong

Coursesuper
10-23-2019, 01:49 PM
Y'all please stop,engaging this dipshit, he is doing all he can to troll this board and is very very happy to cherry pick stuff to continue this charade. He's a complete and total troll.

Jack Lambert
10-23-2019, 02:00 PM
Y'all please stop,engaging this dipshit, he is doing all he can to troll this board and is very very happy to cherry pick stuff to continue this charade. He's a complete and total troll.

With all the negative threads one after another started by the same people, they are not trolls or is it that they are spitting out what you believe and 007 isn't? I think they and him should slow down a little.

Coursesuper
10-23-2019, 02:04 PM
With all the negative threads one after another started by the same people, they are not trolls or is it that they are spitting out what you believe and 007 isn't? I think they and him should slow down a little.

Just a quick question there Jack, are you retired from our Corps and if so at what rank if I may ask?

Homedawg
10-23-2019, 02:14 PM

I don't see many negative threads at all in the front page. But, considering we are 3-4 instead of 5-2, if there were they would be justified.

Jack Lambert
10-23-2019, 02:19 PM
I don't see many negative threads at all in the front page. But, considering we are 3-4 instead of 5-2, if there were they would be justified.

All I was pointing out was there is a lot of trolling going on from both sides. You get the same thing but title differently from the same people over and over. That's trolling. I am pretty neutral on the subject. I feel that we should wait until the end of the season and let it play out.

Jack Lambert
10-23-2019, 02:20 PM
Just a quick question there Jack, are you retired from our Corps and if so at what rank if I may ask?

I was in for four years. Got pulled back in for 11 months for Desert Storm. I had a high critical MOS. They were really short going into war. I was an E5 Sargent when I got out.

Coursesuper
10-23-2019, 02:30 PM
I was in for four years. Got pulled back in for 11 months for Desert Storm. I had a high critical MOS. They were really short going into war. I was an E5 Sargent when I got out.

10-4 E-4, when I got out.

Jack Lambert
10-23-2019, 02:35 PM
10-4 E-4, when I got out.

Ooh Rah!

sandwolf
10-23-2019, 03:25 PM

This all day. I am amazed that people are still engaging this guy. He is either a troll or a window licking idiot....either way, it's a waste of time to argue with him.

Coach007
10-23-2019, 09:35 PM

Via his system. You don't like that fact... I don't care. It is what it is. Had he come in being hired for his system and tried to install a triple option, he should be fired. He didn't. And as shown by more than me, we have moved up in the passing dept. As in from 13th to 4th. etc... Huge thread about it.

Again.. No. They sucked before him... and they have improved over the year. It's Moorhead's job to teach the needed skills for his system. Period.

Defenses know what they are going to switch to if they give us a certain look and shift to the counter when we switch. If the simple ness is because Shrader doesn?t have the capability of running the full offense yet, then make things easier on him and cut out the full play audibles entirely. Teams have us figured out.

SO you want to take the "simpleness" ( and I say you have no idea what you are looking at), out and make it more simple. Are you listening to you..... So remove everything and make it easier for the defenses. Got it. Makes sense to me.

cheewgumm
10-23-2019, 09:40 PM
Every time I read stuff from Coach 007, I think

?this is the same guy who said we were going 11-1?

The I sigh and think ?he?s probably wrong again?

Coach007
10-23-2019, 09:51 PM

Prove anything I stated to be wrong. YOu can't. Please don't make me bump YOUR words:

Your thread Title: Our O line is really bad gents

Your words: Fvck you John Hevesy!!! Nothing else needs to be said.

Moving forward in time... More from you.. another great thread: All of Dan ******* bullshat is coming home to roost this season... ... and the content:

- lack of effort on the recruiting trail. That class would effect this current team btw.

HMMMM>....

Coach007
10-23-2019, 09:57 PM

No, it's not.

- Most were and are negative. and it's the same group.

- No, they are not justified... they are nothing more than illogical. For example, " the offense guru and passing". It's BS and you know it. YOu know damn well prior to injury the QB was throwing for 72%. Yet you act like that never happened and a true freshman should be working at that level.

It's simply BS.

Homedawg
10-23-2019, 09:59 PM
Via his system. You don't like that fact... I don't care. It is what it is. Had he come in being hired for his system and tried to install a triple option, he should be fired. He didn't. And as shown by more than me, we have moved up in the passing dept. As in from 13th to 4th. etc... Huge thread about it.

Again.. No. They sucked before him... and they have improved over the year. It's Moorhead's job to teach the needed skills for his system. Period.
ETA- the fact he can't adapt to the talent he has had could lead him to never seeing the talent he recruited.... but that's on him

SO you want to take the "simpleness" ( and I say you have no idea what you are looking at), out and make it more simple. Are you listening to you..... So remove everything and make it easier for the defenses. Got it. Makes sense to me.

I must e missed that we were 4th in passing.... our line has gone from good to manageable to shit in 3 years.

trojandawg
10-23-2019, 10:05 PM
His logical reasoning is broken. He?s an idiot an not worth arguing with. Like with a rock or a fence post.

Really Clark?
10-23-2019, 10:05 PM
I must e missed that we were 4th in passing.... our line has gone from good to manageable to shit in 3 years.

He using just the Auburn and LSU games for that 4th in ranking.

Homedawg
10-23-2019, 10:11 PM

Ok..... not sure how he got that but if that's what he's done, great two games we lost and lost big.

timotheus
10-23-2019, 10:20 PM
I just hope the team scores more than 17 at college station. As 007 say, that will show improvement.

Homedawg
10-23-2019, 10:26 PM
I just hope the team scores more than 17 at college station. As 007 say, that will show improvement.

Well depending on what metric he's using for that particular argument. We scored 23 on them last year after an 80 yard run w 2 mins to go.

Coach007
10-23-2019, 10:29 PM

Again... no I didn't.

cheewgumm
10-23-2019, 10:30 PM
Not to mention if we are passing so well against these SEC teams, why are they kicking the shot out of us?

And, what completions % do we need to win, if we throw for 60+% and get beat by 21?

Homedawg
10-23-2019, 10:31 PM
Again... no I didn't.

Yards pg what are we? What's our record? How's that?? What was your prediction?? What changed??

dantheman4248
10-23-2019, 10:35 PM

I don’t like the fact that it’s his system win or lose instead of running what wins. Why do you want his system instead of wins? Can you just accurately explain that idiocy? That’s where you’re disconnected from reality. I’m not touching the “improvement in passing game” stats... you can believe whatever those numbers tell you.

You didn’t read what I said at all... just woof. The run game has gotten worse as the season has gone so I don’t know where you are seeing improvement but whatever. I’m sure you’ll cite some stat and ignore the first paragraph.

I gave you too much credit here. How’s this for dumbing it down for you. Say Joe has 100 plays in his offense. When we see a certain look there’s only 5 plays we’ll switch to. Garrett only knows 2. So do you do the offense of 100 diff plays or do you do the one with 2 where good defense on film knows how to beat the two plays coming and switch to the defense that does?

Todd4State
10-23-2019, 10:39 PM
I don’t like the fact that it’s his system win or lose instead of running what wins. Why do you want his system instead of wins? Can you just accurately explain that idiocy? That’s where you’re disconnected from reality. I’m not touching the “improvement in passing game” stats... you can believe whatever those numbers tell you.

You didn’t read what I said at all... just woof. The run game has gotten worse as the season has gone so I don’t know where you are seeing improvement but whatever. I’m sure you’ll cite some stat and ignore the first paragraph.

I gave you too much credit here. How’s this for dumbing it down for you. Say Joe has 100 plays in his offense. When we see a certain look there’s only 5 plays we’ll switch to. Garrett only knows 2. So do you do the offense of 100 diff plays or do you do the one with 2 where good defense on film knows how to beat the two plays coming and switch to the defense that does?

About that running game that has struggled...

S&C deserves an assist for those struggles. In Joe's defense it's a lot harder to call plays on second and eight than second and five. Play calling and personnel is definitely an issue too- so don't get me wrong.

There are several disconnects that are killing us right now.

Really Clark?
10-23-2019, 10:39 PM
Yards pg what are we? What's our record? How's that?? What was your prediction?? What changed??

I was mistaken because he said we were 4th a category and that was the only way I could make it work. He is disregarding total yards and using yards per attempt which are actually pretty close 7.0 last year and 7.7 this year. And the QB rating actual number this year puts us higher in the rankings this season but that same rating 132.29 was good for only 13th last season just like we were last year

cheewgumm
10-23-2019, 10:42 PM
I was mistaken because he said we were 4th a category and that was the only way I could make it work. He is disregarding total yards and using yards per attempt which are actually pretty close 7.0 last year and 7.7 this year. And the QB rating actual number this year puts us higher in the rankings this season but that same rating 132.29 was good for only 13th last season just like we were last year

Hahahahah....good lord

Todd4State
10-23-2019, 10:45 PM

Of course as you know it's misleading since that is field position dependent to a degree. Not to mention the objective is you know- to score points rather than rack up yards per attempt.

Also misleading if you look at our rushing totals which have gone down from 223.62 YPG to 179.14 YPG. That's about a 44 yard difference. To me that illustrates how bad our S&C failed this offseason when you consider the fact that we returned five guys on the o-line that all played significant snaps last year, a TE who is a senior, and a junior RB who analytically last year was one of the best at getting yards after contact last year per PFF.

Coach007
10-23-2019, 10:52 PM

Homedawg's words: Fitz

Can't throw the football. Period.

trojandawg
10-23-2019, 10:52 PM
All is good at Moorheads off season day spa and training facility. Training comes with free pool floaties and complimentary mints lounge side.

Todd4State
10-23-2019, 10:53 PM
All is good at Moorhead???s off season day spa and training facility. Training comes with free pool floaties and complimentary mints lounge side.

And a trip to the water park. Which I don't mind personally if the team performs. If not- it looks pretty bad honestly.

Really Clark?
10-23-2019, 10:58 PM
Of course as you know it's misleading since that is field position dependent to a degree. Not to mention the objective is you know- to score points rather than rack up yards per attempt.

Also misleading if you look at our rushing totals which have gone down from 223.62 YPG to 179.14 YPG. That's about a 44 yard difference. To me that illustrates how bad our S&C failed this offseason when you consider the fact that we returned five guys on the o-line that all played significant snaps last year, a TE who is a senior, and a junior RB who analytically last year was one of the best at getting yards after contact last year per PFF.

Yep. We are 26 yards per game less this season but hey our passing yards is up 18 yards per game!! Up from 13th in the league to...13th in the league. But at least we are scoring less points since the Croom years. Do expect that to go up some...well maybe...we better put up some big points vs ARK and UNM or the point totals will be bad

Coach007
10-23-2019, 10:58 PM

We are in a rebuild year like it or not.

We have gaps by Mullen like it or not.

We have our Starter go down to an injury completing 72% ... like it or not.

We had a ton of injuries on the OL... Like it or not.

We have a true freshman at QB because he is better than anything else AVAILABLE to us.. Like it or not.

We have 10 players, 3 that should be starting on Defense.... and 1 that should be in the WR rotation IF NOT taking over a position had they NOT cheated.... Like it or not.

Shrader will have the book open to him as he learns it and NOTHING you bitch about on this board will change that. because MOORHEAD IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE AND IS NOT ON THE HOT SEAT.

Yet we STILL have improvements.

trojandawg
10-23-2019, 10:59 PM
I?m just wondering what saban would do if someone suggest he take his team during training camp to a water park. I know we went bowling under Mullen but that was right after practice. This is the SEC. If you take days off you get your ass beat. That was apart of his foundation he was laying for this team to be a soft as charmin

trojandawg
10-23-2019, 11:04 PM

We have a true freshman at QB because he is better than anything else AVAILABLE to us.. Like it or not.

We have 10 players, 3 that should be starting on Defense.... and 1 that should be in the WR rotation IF NOT taking over a position had they NOT cheated.... Like it or not.

Shrader will have the book open to him as he learns it and NOTHING you bitch about on this board will change that. because MOORHEAD IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE AND IS NOT ON THE HOT SEAT.

Like or not Stevens got creamed because he has a shitty clock In his head. He wouldn?t haven?t made those percentages in the sec. not even close. He hears footsteps and gets scared. He held on to the ball too long then. He had zero instincts as scrambler or knowing when to take of and instead of throwing it away he got creamed. He was a career backup for a reason. Keep skewing stats for your agenda. Just keep making yourself look more like a moron with no real facts to stand on. You keep spouting facts that aren?t actually factual.

trojandawg
10-23-2019, 11:05 PM
Need a new moniker for 007. Queen of excuses. Moorhead?s spa buddy.

Homedawg
10-23-2019, 11:12 PM
Homedawg's words: Fitz

Can't throw the football. Period.

Yep I said it. And but he could run. And our dipshit coach choose to make him Peyton Manning in all but two games. So that's in him not me. But dodge and deflect. I won't you can

Todd4State
10-23-2019, 11:15 PM
Yep. We are 26 yards per game less this season but hey our passing yards is up 18 yards per game!! Up from 13th in the league to...13th in the league. But at least we are scoring less points since the Croom years. Do expect that to go up some...well maybe...we better put up some big points vs ARK and UNM or the point totals will be bad

Not to mention Abeline Christian. I'm sure he'll run it up on them. I would too if my offense looked like his does right now honestly. I bet we end up around 28 PPG or so like last year +/- 3 PPG

Coach007
10-23-2019, 11:41 PM
hey our passing yards is up 18 yards per game!!

Sweet jesus.

No.. That's false. \

2017- 158 Per game
2018- 151 per game.
2019- 191 Per game.

That's 40 yards per game with injuries to that position.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/passing-yards-per-game?date=2019-10-24

We are 26 yards per game less this season

2019--- 371.3
2018--- 379

And that's mainly with a Frshman QB.

Fell free to double check that.

Coach007
10-23-2019, 11:50 PM
I?m just wondering what saban would do if someone suggest he take his team during training camp to a water park. I know we went bowling under Mullen but that was right after practice. This is the SEC. If you take days off you get your ass beat. That was apart of his foundation he was laying for this team to be a soft as charmin

Considering he gave them Monday off....

https://www.wbrc.com/2019/09/16/coach-saban-gives-team-mondays-off-raekwon-doesnt-like-days-off/

A tradition for the Sabans to bring Alabama's freshman football players to Lake Tuscaloosa. Saban delights in whipping his boat around the lake, attempting to flip the players off the inner tube that drags behind. "We have guys who have never been in the water, and we have guys who have been tubing since they were 8 years old," Saban says. "There is strategy involved."

Coach007
10-23-2019, 11:54 PM
Like or not Stevens got creamed because he has a shitty clock In his head. He wouldn?t haven?t made those percentages in the sec. not even close. He hears footsteps and gets scared. He held on to the ball too long then. He had zero instincts as scrambler or knowing when to take of and instead of throwing it away he got creamed. He was a career backup for a reason. Keep skewing stats for your agenda. Just keep making yourself look more like a moron with no real facts to stand on. You keep spouting facts that aren?t actually factual.

You don't know that he would not have.. and no, he didn't get creamed due to a shitty clock in his head. Missed blocks by the OL and RB that Moorhead did not recruit.

Either he was 70+% before injury or not. Which is it? I already know.... but let's see you be honest for once. 20/30 in game 1. 9/10 before coming out for game 2 due to being injured. that's 72.5%. YOu have zero IDEA what would or could have been. Neither do I. However, I do know what happened after the fact. Some thing you and the collective like to avoid.

But you do you.

Moorhead is here. Not going anywhere. Have a nice night.

Coach007
10-23-2019, 11:58 PM
Yep I said it. And but he could run. And our dipshit coach choose to make him Peyton Manning in all but two games. So that's in him not me. But dodge and deflect. I won't you can

I don't NEED to dodge and deflect. That's on you.

- Was he hired to put in his offense? YEP! had he not, you and the rest of the collective would have bitched then too. Just like 2017.... 2016... 2015...etc.

- Either the guy he recruited was 72.5% or not before injury. Is that true or not? Its a yes or no. That's a hell of an improvement.

- In fact, Moorhead is recruiting in ways Mullen could not. Cross. Mullen walked away from. Shrader... Moorhead. Witherspoon... Moorhead. Marks... Moorhead. etc etc etc etc..

Coach007
10-24-2019, 12:00 AM
Not to mention Abeline Christian. I'm sure he'll run it up on them. I would too if my offense looked like his does right now honestly. I bet we end up around 28 PPG or so like last year +/- 3 PPG

You mean like Mullen...or do you mean because the talent gap so naturally it occurs?

Todd4State
10-24-2019, 12:55 AM
You mean like Mullen...or do you mean because the talent gap so naturally it occurs?

I'm not complaining about running it up. But I'm not going to not act like it's not an outlier either.

Really Clark?
10-24-2019, 06:23 AM
Sweet jesus.

No.. That's false. \

2017- 158 Per game
2018- 151 per game.
2019- 191 Per game.

That's 40 yards per game with injuries to that position.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/passing-yards-per-game?date=2019-10-24

2019--- 371.3
2018--- 379

And that's mainly with a Frshman QB.

Fell free to double check that.

We averaged 173.8 passing yards per game in 2018 and 191.9 this season. 397.4 total yards last season and 371 this year.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/911/team/offense/split01/category02/sort01.html

http://www.cfbstats.com/2019/leader/911/team/offense/split01/category10/sort01.html

https://static.hailstate.com/custompages/stats/fb/2019/teamcume.htm

https://static.hailstate.com/custompages/stats/fb/2018/teamcume.htm

Anybody can make mistakes but I usually have already doubled check when I put a stat out there.

So again, we have gained a whopping 18 yards passing which is good for 13th in the league (against weaker passing defenses this season), 13th just like last year. But because our rushing is down, we are a negative 26 yards per game from last season. Yards are down, points are down 3.6 per game from last year and 7.1 from 2017.

Coursesuper
10-24-2019, 06:55 AM
Prove anything I stated to be wrong. YOu can't. Please don't make me bump YOUR words:

Your thread Title: Our O line is really bad gents

Your words: Fvck you John Hevesy!!! Nothing else needs to be said.

Moving forward in time... More from you.. another great thread: All of Dan ******* bullshat is coming home to roost this season... ... and the content:

- lack of effort on the recruiting trail. That class would effect this current team btw.

HMMMM>....

You still managed to turn this tread from a Rosey got called out to a complete troll job about inane bullshit stats to back up nothing.

StateDawg44
10-24-2019, 07:05 AM
Considering he gave them Monday off....

https://www.wbrc.com/2019/09/16/coach-saban-gives-team-mondays-off-raekwon-doesnt-like-days-off/

A tradition for the Sabans to bring Alabama's freshman football players to Lake Tuscaloosa. Saban delights in whipping his boat around the lake, attempting to flip the players off the inner tube that drags behind. "We have guys who have never been in the water, and we have guys who have been tubing since they were 8 years old," Saban says. "There is strategy involved."

I get what you are saying but to compare Saban taking the team (does he bring the whole team?) to your lakehouse for the weekend and MSU taking them to Geyser Falls or wherever they went is quite the stretch. Even more so when Saban is using it as a strategic growing experience and team bonding.

Get real if you think his lake trip and geyser falls had the same effect on each teams players. You know it doesn't. Don't even try to pretend on this one.

Homedawg
10-24-2019, 08:46 AM
I get what you are saying but to compare Saban taking the team (does he bring the whole team?) to your lakehouse for the weekend and MSU taking them to Geyser Falls or wherever they went is quite the stretch. Even more so when Saban is using it as a strategic growing experience and team bonding.

Get real if you think his lake trip and geyser falls had the same effect on each teams players. You know it doesn't. Don't even try to pretend on this one.

Saban does his before the fr start. Jomo did his during the middle of camp. Now I'm not one who had a big problem w it. However, the two aren't remotely the same.

Coach007
10-24-2019, 12:13 PM

OH!!! SO saban does it, it's team bonding. Moorhead does it it... just a wasted day.

Homedawg
10-24-2019, 12:22 PM
OH!!! SO saban does it, it's team bonding. Moorhead does it it... just a wasted day.

Again, saban did it before camp. Jomo did it during the middle of it. Obviously there is a difference. I can see that people have an issue w it. Especially considering how undisciplined we are and the results we've had.

dantheman4248
10-24-2019, 01:35 PM

So you ignored the other two parts of the post so I?ll mark it down as a W and now your whole argument is that we?re in a rebuild year.

News flash. There is no time to have ?rebuild? years in the SEC West. That?s how you end up like Arkansas which is the trajectory we have now. This team has too many talented players to be in a rebuild and you don?t build your offense for the future by running seniors at WR when by your own admission the ones we have are a recruiting gap.

It?s not hard to switch from 11 personnel to 12 personnel with his route concepts. The receiver that shifts in to a TE just runs the route the receiver was supposed to on pass plays. Sure some plays you can?t run at that point because it takes away the influence of the routes on some zones, but it opens up a plethora of running plays and some new pass routes. The same could be said of 13 personnel. I?m not faulting him for not going 21 as msu has hardly ever ran 2 backs in the past few years and those concepts change a whole lot more.

The point is, he needs to adjust and adapt. If he can?t adjust and adapt pregame to his own teams needs, what gives you the confidence that he could ever be a good coach making adjustments at halftime? Since you like stats so much what do you have to say about our teams poor 1st AND 3rd Q?s? To me that shows an absolute lack of preparedness on the coach.

And you?re off your rocker trying to tell people he?s not on the hot seat. He has the HOTTEST seat in America.

It?s one thing to come in and follow the greatest coach at this school?s footsteps and be slightly worse doing the same things he did. It?s another to come in and rip up what he did completely but still tread water. It?s a total other horrible disgraceful thing to rip up the foundation and replace it with way worse discipline and performance.

You also keep blaming Mullen for the kid?s who got suspended. Tell me where that happened under Mullen? Why didn?t these guys who are upperclassmen involved in it have it happen before? Why was it during Moorhead?s first season? Maybe just maybe it?s a new lack of discipline.

TrapGame
10-24-2019, 01:47 PM
So you ignored the other two parts of the post so I?ll mark it down as a W and now your whole argument is that we?re in a rebuild year.

News flash. There is no time to have ?rebuild? years in the SEC West. That?s how you end up like Arkansas which is the trajectory we have now. This team has too many talented players to be in a rebuild and you don?t build your offense for the future by running seniors at WR when by your own admission the ones we have are a recruiting gap.

It?s not hard to switch from 11 personnel to 12 personnel with his route concepts. The receiver that shifts in to a TE just runs the route the receiver was supposed to on pass plays. Sure some plays you can?t run at that point because it takes away the influence of the routes on some zones, but it opens up a plethora of running plays and some new pass routes. The same could be said of 13 personnel. I?m not faulting him for not going 21 as msu has hardly ever ran 2 backs in the past few years and those concepts change a whole lot more.

The point is, he needs to adjust and adapt. If he can?t adjust and adapt pregame to his own teams needs, what gives you the confidence that he could ever be a good coach making adjustments at halftime? Since you like stats so much what do you have to say about our teams poor 1st AND 3rd Q?s? To me that shows an absolute lack of preparedness on the coach.

And you?re off your rocker trying to tell people he?s not on the hot seat. He has the HOTTEST seat in America.

It?s one thing to come in and follow the greatest coach at this school?s footsteps and be slightly worse doing the same things he did. It?s another to come in and rip up what he did completely but still tread water. It?s a total other horrible disgraceful thing to rip up the foundation and replace it with way worse discipline and performance.

You also keep blaming Mullen for the kid?s who got suspended. Tell me where that happened under Mullen? Why didn?t these guys who are upperclassmen involved in it have it happen before? Why was it during Moorhead?s first season? Maybe just maybe it?s a new lack of discipline.

We were told that Penn State's comeback wins were due to Joe's in-game or halftime adjustments on offense. Anyone really believe that now? I see a complete lack of innovation or understanding of what the other team is doing to stop you! I think it's safe to say now that Franklin kept a leash on Joe. A lot of Penn State's success for two years was more of Franklin being a good head coach than Moorhead being a good OC.

BB30
10-24-2019, 03:14 PM
We were told that Penn State's comeback wins were due to Joe's in-game or halftime adjustments on offense. Anyone really believe that now? I see a complete lack of innovation or understanding of what the other team is doing to stop you! I think it's safe to say now that Franklin kept a leash on Joe. A lot of Penn State's success for two years was more of Franklin being a good head coach than Moorhead being a good OC.

Helps when you have play makers that can make explosive plays fairly regularly. We don't have a single guy on the offensive side of the ball that I would deem " explosive". None of our WRs could beat Phil Fulmer in a foot race and thats a problem.

The cupboard on offense was left pretty depleted when Mullen departed.

Mullen would definitely be doing a lot better than what we are seeing but he wouldn't have any explosive guys either he would just be better at utilizing what he does have. I really wouldn't consider Hill explosive. He's a really solid back for us but I wouldn't say he is elite at anything, just above average at a lot of things.

RougeDawg
10-24-2019, 06:51 PM

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Cohen has been working this since around the KSU game. The writing was already on the wall about SloMo and a conversation was had amongst all parties.