PDA

View Full Version : Besides OL, S, and perhaps LB....

DogsofAnarchy
10-21-2019, 11:12 PM
what other positions will be young and inexperienced next year? We don’t use WR’s anyway so I guess they don’t count. I’m just trying to get a gage on how we will be improved next year. Any ideas?

RougeDawg
10-21-2019, 11:14 PM
If we have a new head coach wearing the headset. That will net 2-3 more wins. Would have this year and last year as well.

Todd4State
10-21-2019, 11:29 PM
Next year really depends a lot on the JUCO guys and how quickly they can help.

I think if we get a new coach and we don't screw it up again we could see some pretty significant improvement. Like maybe 8 wins. If we don't I think it will be a disaster but the reality is even if Joe stays there will be major changes at S&C and ST at the very least.

CadaverDawg
10-22-2019, 06:32 AM
This is where I have trouble getting excited. Joe has taken a team with the #1 D in the country that should have won 10+ games, and won 8....and then a team that should have won 7-8 games, and won ? (Probably 5-6 at best). What is to make me think that he can take a team with a young OL and do anything at all in this league?

Until we make a change at HC or Joe proves some type of positive trend, it's going to be hard to get excited about anything upcoming in regards to our football team.

timotheus
10-22-2019, 07:16 AM
The last sentence by CadaverDawg sums up the entire tenure of JoMo. Now we simply are in a holding pattern for the duration.

DogsofAnarchy
10-22-2019, 07:34 AM
This is where I have trouble getting excited. Joe has taken a team with the #1 D in the country that should have won 10+ games, and won 8....and then a team that should have won 7-8 games, and won ? (Probably 5-6 at best). What is to make me think that he can take a team with a young OL and do anything at all in this league?

Until we make a change at HC or Joe proves some type of positive trend, it's going to be hard to get excited about anything upcoming in regards to our football team.

I agree. With an inexperienced OL and S and perhaps LB and RB....I don’t see any way that this team is successful in this offense unless we completely change offenses.

Ari Gold
10-22-2019, 07:39 AM
If we hold on to this juco class we have difference makes from day one when they get on campus at DL and Wheat at LB

What will this staff look like ?
What will happen with Willie and Errol?
Who may transfer In/ Out ?

No need or even worry about next year till after early signing period. Then things will start to be more clear.

DogsofAnarchy
10-22-2019, 09:11 AM
If we hold on to this juco class we have difference makes from day one when they get on campus at DL and Wheat at LB

What will this staff look like ?
What will happen with Willie and Errol?
Who may transfer In/ Out ?

No need or even worry about next year till after early signing period. Then things will start to be more clear.

I agree with that Gold. I was just thinking of the future. Hopefully we hold on to these juco guys and they all pan out.

BB30
10-22-2019, 10:20 AM
what other positions will be young and inexperienced next year? We don’t use WR’s anyway so I guess they don’t count. I’m just trying to get a gage on how we will be improved next year. Any ideas?

We certainly attempt to use our sub par WRS so it is a pretty important position group if we have the same staff next year. IMO it is the biggest reason why our offense has sputtered. Aside from the sloppiness the biggest issue with our offense is the lack of play makers outside. We need help there regardless of who is coaching next year otherwise we will never take the necessary steps to somewhat consistently compete with the Bamas etc.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-22-2019, 10:32 AM
what other positions will be young and inexperienced next year? We don?t use WR?s anyway so I guess they don?t count. I?m just trying to get a gage on how we will be improved next year. Any ideas?

OL - Parker RS Sr Reese RS Sr Eiland RS SR Sharp RS Jr. That's 4 of our likely 5 Starters

Safety - Morgan RS Sr Murphy Jr Peters Sr **Perhaps J'Marick Woods Grad Transfer Jr**

LB - Thompson RS Sr Gay Sr Wheat Jr

I'm trying to see where all this youth you're referring to

Todd4State
10-22-2019, 10:41 AM
We certainly attempt to use our sub par WRS so it is a pretty important position group if we have the same staff next year. IMO it is the biggest reason why our offense has sputtered. Aside from the sloppiness the biggest issue with our offense is the lack of play makers outside. We need help there regardless of who is coaching next year otherwise we will never take the necessary steps to somewhat consistently compete with the Bamas etc.

I think Heath will help us out a lot next year. And Tulu is a four star receiver as well. Both are Under Armour All-Americans.

DogsofAnarchy
10-22-2019, 10:55 AM
OL - Parker RS Sr Reese RS Sr Eiland RS SR Sharp RS Jr. That's 4 of our likely 5 Starters

Safety - Morgan RS Sr Murphy Jr Peters Sr **Perhaps J'Marick Woods Grad Transfer Jr**

LB - Thompson RS Sr Gay Sr Wheat Jr

I'm trying to see where all this youth you're referring to

Are all those guys returning starters? Are all those guys SEC battle tested? Are you positive all those guys will be here? Are all those guys gonna play every down? Are the back-ups just as talented and battle tested as you infer these guys are? Just trying to figure out how our team is going to be better next year.

Cooterpoot
10-22-2019, 11:05 AM
RB will be inexperienced and thin, if Kylin leaves. If he stays (I think he leaves), it’ll be inexperienced behind him.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2019, 11:14 AM
RB will be inexperienced and thin, if Kylin leaves. If he stays (I think he leaves), it?ll be inexperienced behind him.

I think he leaves too but in all honesty I don't see him getting drafted. He lacks explosive speed, he's terrible in pass pro I just don't see an nfl team wanting him. I'm sure he would get a udfa shot but I can't see an nfl team using a draft pick on him. Coming back and getting better would benefit him more.

AROB44
10-23-2019, 04:14 PM
I think he leaves too but in all honesty I don't see him getting drafted. He lacks explosive speed, he's terrible in pass pro I just don't see an nfl team wanting him. I'm sure he would get a udfa shot but I can't see an nfl team using a draft pick on him. Coming back and getting better would benefit him more.

This!! Only thing is, I don't see him getting much better. Just don't think he is an NFL back.