PDA

View Full Version : Tell me again why South Carolina is so good and we should be afraid of them?

Goat Holder
10-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Look I'm not picking us to win especially up there but damnit we should play them a good game. What have they done, really? Lost to a good Georgia team and got beat by a bad Tennessee team. Barely beat Kentucky as we did. Barely beat UCF. Should have lost to an overrated Mizzou. Starting QB and TB are wounded.

I see no reason why anybody thinks they are out of our league. If we get blown out I'll be disappointed.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2013, 01:36 PM
There is no reason we should be scared of them. We should only fear ourselves and our inability to stay focused for 4 quarters. If we can do that, we can win this game.

msstate7
10-27-2013, 01:40 PM
This would be the perfect game for us to show up and actually beat a decent team. If we had a kicker, it would definitely help our upset effort. I've for a feeling bell will have an important fg attempt that could decide the game

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2013, 01:44 PM
This would be the perfect game for us to show up and actually beat a decent team. If we had a kicker, it would definitely help our upset effort. I've for a feeling bell will have an important fg attempt that could decide the game

Why do I have a feeling that Bell will pull and Lloyd and Harry and totally redeem himself? Seriously, what if Bell mistakingly kicks the ball straight on a last second field goal and we win?

Will you love him are have a blank stare confused look on your face?

cbrunt29
10-27-2013, 01:47 PM
This game is could be the game that decides whether we go to a bowl game or not. Alabama's a loss and I don't see our defense stopping Manziel. I think we beat Arkansas and with the way Ole Miss is playing I have my doubts about beating them. If we show up in Columbia and play hard all 4 quarters there's no reason why we shouldn't come back with a W.

Will James
10-27-2013, 01:58 PM
They're in the top 20 so you can fuggitaboutit

DownwardDawg
10-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Why do I have a feeling that Bell will pull and Lloyd and Harry and totally redeem himself? Seriously, what if Bell mistakingly kicks the ball straight on a last second field goal and we win?

Will you love him are have a blank stare confused look on your face?

I will have a "I just ****ed the neighbors cat" look on my face.

FlabLoser
10-27-2013, 02:05 PM
There is no reason we should be scared of them. We should only fear ourselves and our inability to stay focused for 4 quarters. If we can do that, we can win this game.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

FGs are all that worry me. If Devon Bell lines up to kick a FG, I'm gonna need a new HDTV.

Goat Holder
10-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Do you all really think Mullen doesn't play who he feels is the best player?

TopconDog
10-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Look I'm not picking us to win especially up there but damnit we should play them a good game. What have they done, really? Lost to a good Georgia team and got beat by a bad Tennessee team. Barely beat Kentucky as we did. Barely beat UCF. Should have lost to an overrated Mizzou. Starting QB and TB are wounded.

I see no reason why anybody thinks they are out of our league. If we get blown out I'll be disappointed.

Our lack of team speed will get us beat,as will our clueless dc

Dawg61
10-27-2013, 02:09 PM
They aren't that good and we aren't afraid of them. Who said they were? Did you miss the USC discussion last night? They are a prime candidate for Mullen to get the top20 gorilla off his back. Even Spurrier knows USC is down this year and yet they are just one Mizzou loss away from leading the East again. The East blows this year.

I don't think Russell should play this week and I think MSU should pound the ball and throw deep to Wilson and underneath to Lewis the whole game. If Mullen will stop over thinking it and let his players play we are close to 50/50 with USC I think.

Political Hack
10-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Bell is the best player. He's just not the best player on game day. I haven't checked it, but engie said he's statistically the worst kicker in the country. That's pretty awful through 7 games.

I think we can win this game though. Mike Davis is one the best RBs in the country. Him being baged up or possibly out is going to be big.

Dawg61
10-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Do you all really think Mullen doesn't play who he feels is the best player?

I think it's more the case he doesn't run plays that are designed for their strengths. He just runs plays regardless of who the designed first option is. This is bad coaching.

MrKotter
10-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Spurrier vs Mullen. Mullen will be out coached again.

mic
10-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Our lack of team speed will get us beat,as will our clueless dc

Team speed.?? And clueless DC.??? please explain......

bluelightstar
10-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Tearing down USC all week is going to make for some interesting reading after they beat us by 2+ TDs.

TopconDog
10-27-2013, 02:58 PM
Team speed.?? And clueless DC.??? please explain......

Team speed [you know fast players, we don't have near the team speed sc has] Clueless dc [ how many time are our platers looking to the sideline when the other team is snapping the ball] OSU beat us with 1 play,we mis tackle after tackle,need I go on

Goat Holder
10-27-2013, 03:04 PM
We're 5th in the SEC in Total Defense. I don't think stats tell the whole story or anything, but it proves that our DC isn't "clueless" as you say. Some players might be clueless (Denico Autry), but not the DC.

As far as team speed, that's actually one thing I'm happy with. Mullen has most definitely increased that since he got here. Not exactly sure how we stack up with Carolina there, but we are far from slow.

So you are 0-2.

TopconDog
10-27-2013, 03:09 PM
We're 5th in the SEC in Total Defense. I don't think stats tell the whole story or anything, but it proves that our DC isn't "clueless" as you say. Some players might be clueless (Denico Autry), but not the DC.

As far as team speed, that's actually one thing I'm happy with. Mullen has most definitely increased that since he got here. Not exactly sure how we stack up with Carolina there, but we are far from slow.

So you are 0-2.

Do you watch our games,we are slow on offense and slow on defense,wait until we play a @m,sc bama and ole miss and get back with me on the defense

Dawgface
10-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Conner Shaw and our probable inability to cover their receivers. Thats enough concern for me.

Political Hack
10-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Do you watch our games,we are slow on offense and slow on defense,wait until we play a @m,sc bama and ole miss and get back with me on the defense

Ours DBs ran with the best WRs in the sec a few weeks ago. I do think we're a little slow on offense, but I think the defense has very good speed.

mic
10-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Ours DBs ran with the best WRs in the sec a few weeks ago. I do think we're a little slow on offense, but I think the defense has very good speed.

And without our best DB out there.. That's why I would love to see Cox at S next year with Hughes..

engie
10-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Welp, we opened at +11.5 -- and it's already jumped to +13. Seems that Vegas thinks we've got an excellent shot**

This would be double the best win under Mullen(+6.5 2009 Egg Bowl).

I believe we could possibly "get close" and give them a good game -- but I've seen nothing to believe that Mullen can beat Spurrier late in a close game. I have already seen the opposite be true though(2011).