PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt is solid gold today boys...

Cowbell
10-21-2019, 02:21 PM
If you can only listen to the first 15 min, it would be worth your time. He talks about not being complimented on effort - effort should be a baseline expectation. Playing for 4 quarters should be an expectation.

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 02:24 PM
The writing is on the wall. Some refuse to read it.

Cowbell
10-21-2019, 02:30 PM

I totally agree. Thankfully

DeltaChicagoDog
10-21-2019, 02:33 PM
MW came in correct today. For those who think he’s a shill for the AD, not sure anything could convince you otherwise if today’s show doesn’t. He skewered the offensive line woes and laid it squarely at the doorstep of coaching, strength & conditioning, and leadership. Even though he’s on the radio and, as such, takes a more measured tone and approach, he sounded as fed up as anyone else.

FWIW, he also talked about getting a call from Merlot back in 2013 asking him to be more “positive” about his team.

Cowbell
10-21-2019, 02:40 PM
MW came in correct today. For those who think he’s a shill for the AD, not sure anything could convince you otherwise if today’s show doesn’t. He skewered the offensive line woes and laid it squarely at the doorstep of coaching, strength & conditioning, and leadership. Even though he’s on the radio and, as such, takes a more measured tone and approach, he sounded as fed up as anyone else.

FWIW, he also talked about getting a call from Merlot back in 2013 asking him to be more “positive” about his team.

I loved that tidbit about muffins

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 02:41 PM

Matt Wyatt's a good dude but he's not going off the reservation without a head nod. It's another version of don't shit where you eat.

msu15
10-21-2019, 02:42 PM

Sums up ole ***** boy perfectly.

Tbonewannabe
10-21-2019, 02:50 PM
Matt Wyatt's a good dude but he's not going off the reservation without a head nod. It's another version of don't shit where you eat.

I would think he might have been given the ok to talk about it. Probably putting it out there in case we have to cut bait this year so the media doesn't trash MSU for not giving a coach enough time.

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 03:05 PM
I would think he might have been given the ok to talk about it. Probably putting it out there in case we have to cut bait this year so the media doesn't trash MSU for not giving a coach enough time.

Exactly.

timotheus
10-21-2019, 03:39 PM
It's a shame that a radio guy understands the limitations and strengths of the club better than the guy being paid 3 mil to lead it.

TNDawg35
10-21-2019, 03:42 PM
How would listen?

ZedFedder
10-21-2019, 04:14 PM
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-matt-wyatt-show/id1458494014#episodeGuid=f8fb7a2c-39d9-44b9-847a-b8733d768e2d

ZedFedder
10-21-2019, 04:18 PM
He sure didn’t hold back.

Todd4State
10-21-2019, 06:30 PM

I think most people are either pissed off like me or just feel sorry for him.

RocketDawg
10-21-2019, 06:44 PM

What was the tidbit?

Cowbell
10-21-2019, 07:37 PM
What was the tidbit?

In 2013, we played LSU close for 3 quarters and got blown out the 4th. Wyatt, in his post-game show, told fans that to elevate the program we can?t accept moral victories of playing for 3 quarters in a 4 quarter game. That playing hard for 4 quarters is an expectation at this level (Im paraphrasing of course). Muffins sent word that Wyatt needed to be more positive of his team on the air.

RougeDawg
10-21-2019, 07:43 PM
I think most people are either pissed off like me or just feel sorry for him.

You cannot feel sorry for someone so incompetent and out of touch that they cannot self reflect and understand what is not working. People being able to recognize deficiencies and being willing to work on them, is the definition of a successful person.

War Machine Dawg
10-21-2019, 07:54 PM

This. Wyatt isn't off the reservation with those comments. He's been given the go ahead to get our narrative out there ahead of a potential move.

Todd4State
10-21-2019, 08:03 PM
You cannot feel sorry for someone so incompetent and out of touch that they cannot self reflect and understand what is not working. People being able to recognize deficiencies and being willing to work on them, is the definition of a successful person.

We have a lot of fans that are nice.

Todd4State
10-21-2019, 08:05 PM
And I don't think we have to worry about the media.

Every single non-MSU media member I've seen thinks that Joe is a bust and pretty much that we should be doing better. If they do criticize us they're going to get a lot of their old quotes about Joe retweeted in their face. Not going to happen anyway.

What Matt is putting out is for our fans so we don't have a potential split in the fanbase when we fire him if we have to because the Rutgers thing fell through.

RougeDawg
10-21-2019, 08:22 PM
We have a lot of fans that are nice.

I am nice to people in general, but do not feel sorry for someone making millions to perform a job and they lack the ability to recognize and work on thinks that currently are not working. If you want to be the man and get paid like the man, act like the man and show it with results. You get paid to perform.

yjnkdawg
10-22-2019, 12:07 AM

You can still feel sorry for somebody even though you don't agree or like what they are doing. Apparently you can't, but most everybody else can.

timotheus
10-22-2019, 07:23 AM
I am embarrassed for the entire fan base and I see both sides and this is just a sucky situation where smooth talking convinced Cohen to hire JoMO. HE uses such exemplary adjectives to describe the play he wants and is so descriptive about the game that it's only fitting that he soon become and analyst. Talking is JoMo's greatest attribute.