PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Dogs...

DogsofAnarchy
10-21-2019, 02:04 PM
Why is it SO freaking hard for a coach to add wrinkles to his offense? Mullen couldn’t do it inside the 20 and especially at the Goal line. JoMo has a hard time doing it also. Example: why can a Spread Offense line up in an I-Formation at the 1 yard line and let a fullback block? Why can’t an RPO system let the QB take a snap under center from the I-Formation and let the running back go over the top? Why is that concept so hard for these coaches to teach? Remember the play CJS would use inside the 5, where Dicenzo Miller would sneak past the line and be wide open in the end zone over the middle? Why can’t a coach look at certain plays and make those plays a part of his system? Just curious for y’all answer.

MetEdDawg
10-21-2019, 02:09 PM
Why is it SO freaking hard for a coach to add wrinkles to his offense? Mullen couldn’t do it inside the 20 and especially at the Goal line. JoMo has a hard time doing it also. Example: why can a Spread Offense line up in an I-Formation at the 1 yard line and let a fullback block? Why can’t an RPO system let the QB take a snap under center from the I-Formation and let the running back go over the top? Why is that concept so hard for these coaches to teach? Remember the play CJS would use inside the 5, where Dicenzo Miller would sneak past the line and be wide open in the end zone over the middle? Why can?t a coach look at certain plays and make those plays a part of his system? Just curious for y’all answer.

Coaches coach with a certain style. To add something in that you don't do, you for one have to add terminology in your scheme's language to fit. Then, you have to teach 25+ guys to execute that one play out of that formation. So you can do it, but there is a lot that is needed to just add something and have a bunch of guys execute it at an SEC level.

That's the kind of stuff built for offseason. Or for one or two ways to exploit or surprise your opponent that they aren't prepared for. Like going under center in goalline. That probably needs to be added, but again, you have to create terminology on that and get 25+ guys to learn their assignments and execute at an SEC level

DogsofAnarchy
10-21-2019, 02:12 PM
Coaches coach with a certain style. To add something in that you don't do, you for one have to add terminology in your scheme's language to fit. Then, you have to teach 25+ guys to execute that one play out of that formation. So you can do it, but there is a lot that is needed to just add something and have a bunch of guys execute it at an SEC level.

That's the kind of stuff built for offseason. Or for one or two ways to exploit or surprise your opponent that they aren't prepared for. Like going under center in goalline. That probably needs to be added, but again, you have to create terminology on that and get 25+ guys to learn their assignments and execute at an SEC level

So it’s communication and coaching ability? That’s what you’re saying?

MetEdDawg
10-21-2019, 02:29 PM
So it’s communication and coaching ability? That’s what you’re saying?

During the season it's more time than anything. You have to refine some of what you currently do AND try to add something else with less than a week to work on it and get it up to par against an SEC defense.

That's not a ton of time to add new stuff and make it game ready.

timotheus
10-21-2019, 03:43 PM
That sounds as helpless as a high school coach who had 2 centers injured in a game and didn't have a 3rd guy to do a shotgun snap. They had multiple(more than 7) bad shotgun snaps during the game. Later when asked why he didn't just put the QB under center, he responded by saying that they had never even practiced that......

MetEdDawg
10-21-2019, 04:31 PM
The game is changing. A ton of high schools don't use huddles and take snaps out of the shotgun. Never under center and never huddle.

If you'll remember, the Cowboys were very public about how they had to work with Dak on taking snaps under center and taking control of a huddle because he had never done enough consistently to have success in their system.

QB/center exchange is massive. Not as easy as everyone makes it out to be from under center. And it's not odd that it's not in Moorhead's offense. I personally think it's something that he should add. But again, you can't just add a run playbfrom under center. You add one play the defense knows that's the only thing you will do. Have to add multiple plays out of formations so the defense can't key on what you are doing.

timotheus
10-21-2019, 04:42 PM
I think the D is already keying on what Joe be a doin.........

SailingDawg
10-21-2019, 07:27 PM
Student-athlete ability and/or intelligence. Ever teach high school? I do. I'm amazed anyone grows up to be a contributor to society. Athletes are the least successful because that's all they ever banked on.

Maroonthirteen
10-21-2019, 07:34 PM
I think the D is already keying on what Joe be a doin.........

Yeah, i think Joes O is figured out. Tennessee shut us down. LSU.... it was a Tiger jail break
On some plays.

RougeDawg
10-21-2019, 07:40 PM
Yeah, i think Joes O is figured out. Tennessee shut us down. LSU.... it was a Tiger jail break
On some plays.

The DCs have openly stated what they have done, and are doing. They are showing one defense initially, knowing from tape what plays SloMo will audible to and then they adjust the defense to the play they know is coming. There have been many opposing DCs state this, yet our genius keeps doing the same shit. Mind boggling.

timotheus
10-21-2019, 08:59 PM
Student-athlete ability and/or intelligence. Ever teach high school? I do. I'm amazed anyone grows up to be a contributor to society. Athletes are the least successful because that's all they ever banked on.

The high school baseball team I am affiliated with has achieved a 3.3 gpa or higher now for 5 years. 4 grads are now player in D1 and 5 are currently in juco from these last 5 years. They are majoring in pre med, engineering, kinesiology, psychology...... I am not amazed at all.

MD2020
10-21-2019, 09:12 PM

Wrong and extremely ignorant post.

MD2020
10-21-2019, 09:15 PM
Why is it SO freaking hard for a coach to add wrinkles to his offense? Mullen couldn’t do it inside the 20 and especially at the Goal line. JoMo has a hard time doing it also. Example: why can a Spread Offense line up in an I-Formation at the 1 yard line and let a fullback block? Why can’t an RPO system let the QB take a snap under center from the I-Formation and let the running back go over the top? Why is that concept so hard for these coaches to teach? Remember the play CJS would use inside the 5, where Dicenzo Miller would sneak past the line and be wide open in the end zone over the middle? Why can’t a coach look at certain plays and make those plays a part of his system? Just curious for y’all answer.

The coaches are just too lazy and stubborn to implement. It's not difficult to add a new play. Most of the time it only involves 2-3 people anyways especially when it's just a wrinkle of what you do.