PDA

View Full Version : IYOK...

HoopsDawg
10-21-2019, 01:56 PM
Whose redshirts have been burned?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-21-2019, 02:09 PM
As of today Collin Duncan, Martin Emerson, & Jarrian Jones. Only Freshman who I plan on joining this group is Pickering because he's gotten in the rotation. JP Purvis has used his 4 games but hasn't dressed in the last 2 games. Cross & Russell have played in 3 but I don't expect them to play but in 1 more game unless more serious injuries hit.

HoopsDawg
10-21-2019, 02:13 PM
Thanks. Obviously Shrader as well. What about Sharp?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-21-2019, 02:15 PM
Thanks. Obviously Shrader as well. What about Sharp?

Yea totally forgot about Shrader. The plan is to RS Sharp. He's played in 3 games so far. He's our starting LG or C next year whichever Parker isn't.

Tbonewannabe
10-21-2019, 02:15 PM
Is it possible for Kareem Walker to get a redshirt or was he 2 to play 2.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-21-2019, 02:41 PM
Is it possible for Kareem Walker to get a redshirt or was he 2 to play 2.

No it's not & I wouldn't want to tie his scholarship up for an extra year.

Tbonewannabe
10-21-2019, 02:52 PM
No it's not & I wouldn't want to tie his scholarship up for an extra year.

So a bust. Does he get on the field next year with Weatherspoon only being a sophomore and Marks a freshman?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-21-2019, 03:08 PM
So a bust. Does he get on the field next year with Weatherspoon only being a sophomore and Marks a freshman?

I don't think he's better than either 1 of them.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-21-2019, 03:14 PM

Commercecomet24
10-21-2019, 03:24 PM

Special teams maybe?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-21-2019, 03:39 PM
Special teams maybe?

We can hope.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2019, 03:42 PM
We can hope.

lol You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ifyouonlyknew again.

Ari Gold
10-21-2019, 05:05 PM
Collin Duncan not redshirting is a huge mistake by this staff .... we basically blew his red shirt by playing special teams
And correct I was told Russell is going to redshirt barring injuries to DE’s

confucius say
10-21-2019, 05:11 PM
Collin Duncan not redshirting is a huge mistake by this staff .... we basically blew his red shirt by playing special teams

Blew whop and Murphy?s last year too

defiantdog
10-21-2019, 05:17 PM
As of today Collin Duncan, Martin Emerson, & Jarrian Jones. Only Freshman who I plan on joining this group is Pickering because he's gotten in the rotation. JP Purvis has used his 4 games but hasn't dressed in the last 2 games. Cross & Russell have played in 3 but I don't expect them to play but in 1 more game unless more serious injuries hit.
Then why wasn?t Pickering in the rotation against USM? Why we waste one of Autry?s games if Pickering was an option?

jacksondawg
10-21-2019, 05:24 PM

Then why wasn?t Pickering in the rotation against USM? Why we waste one of Autry?s games if Pickering was an option?

Just more examples of this staffs incompetence, but that might just be my opinion.

HoopsDawg
10-21-2019, 05:24 PM

Murphy is going to be a dang junior next year. What a shame.

HoopsDawg
10-21-2019, 05:29 PM
Just more examples of this staffs incompetence, but that might just be my opinion.

Yep. These are the decisions that the vast majority of fans don't realize. But these are major errors in judgement and management from Moorhead. Pickering played his first meaningful snaps against LSU but it was his 3rd game to play. Now we are about to burn his redshirt.

Irondawg
10-21-2019, 05:35 PM
Well Murphy had a ton of off the field stuff this last year but also did it to himself with the tutorgate.

Duncan is a result of the tutor mess as well potentially b/c you had less bodies available for ST. Murphy was at least a stud on ST his freshman year

Irondawg
10-21-2019, 05:37 PM
I don't think the staff has mismanaged Pickering as much as he had to get in shape and now that you're fighting for a bowl game it's all hands on deck. If we had won K-State and TN I don't know that he burns the shirt. But he's got some upside and we need somebody to make some plays against ARK and OM

Commercecomet24
10-21-2019, 05:50 PM
I don't think the staff has mismanaged Pickering as much as he had to get in shape and now that you're fighting for a bowl game it's all hands on deck. If we had won K-State and TN I don't know that he burns the shirt. But he's got some upside and we need somebody to make some plays against ARK and OM

Yeah Nathan will tell you himself he's just now getting up to speed and like you said we're fighting for our lives now.

Bass Chaser
10-21-2019, 06:01 PM
How much does the coaching turnover affect the RS?

HoopsDawg
10-21-2019, 06:02 PM
Yeah Nathan will tell you himself he's just now getting up to speed and like you said we're fighting for our lives now.

Commerce, that's why you don't play him until he's in shape and he can help you. We completely burned 2 games of his 4 for next to nothing.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2019, 06:03 PM
Commerce, that's why you don't play him until he's in shape and he can help you. We completely burned 2 games of his 4 for next to nothing.

I agree completely and it would've helped him tremendously to redshirt but that ship has sailed unfortunately.

ETA Nathan works hard and is extremely intelligent and he's going to be a stud before he's dome

RougeDawg
10-21-2019, 07:32 PM

Right now we are a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. Not a chance in hell.

Ari Gold
10-21-2019, 07:44 PM

I had no problem with playing Murphy last year , and also he got banged up a little last year. What sucks is Murphy was involved in the tutor grade shit he would be helping us this year

Ari Gold
10-21-2019, 07:46 PM

Pickering is a result of the last staff not recruiting the DL position. He will be very good before he leaves here , and he is also banged up which doesn?t help