PDA

View Full Version : Injuries from Moorhead presser

Coach007
10-21-2019, 01:04 PM
Stewart Reese, Garrett Shrader, Brian Cole, Greg Eiland, Tyler Williams and Chauncey Rivers....

Well.

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 01:10 PM
I heard Shrader was seen out in a boot yesterday.

Coach34
10-21-2019, 01:16 PM
Crazy how we are the only team in the country with injuries.

KT is undefeated as a starting QB- we have people we can insert.

Homedawg
10-21-2019, 01:17 PM
New week, new list..............................of excuses

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 01:17 PM

Can coaches be on injury reports?***

CadaverDawg
10-21-2019, 01:19 PM
Stewart Reese, Garrett Shrader, Brian Cole, Greg Eiland, Tyler Williams and Chauncey Rivers....

Well.

Damn, guess that proves it all. 007 was right, guys....11-1 if it wasn't for today's injury report**

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l2ZDN6z07Z5vNInte/giphy.gif

CadaverDawg
10-21-2019, 01:19 PM
Can coaches be on injury reports?***

I wish.

Really Clark?
10-21-2019, 01:23 PM

Yeah. I will say though that it’s not uncommon for them to wear a boot. Dak spent half the season or more of his senior in a boot

Jack Lambert
10-21-2019, 01:24 PM
Did he say if they were going to play or not?

Cooterpoot
10-21-2019, 01:24 PM
Just about all those guys will play.

Homedawg
10-21-2019, 01:25 PM

all listed as day to day, except smitherman obviously.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2019, 01:28 PM
I can tell y'all Shrader is not injured. He's a little dinged but he ain't injured. Shrader is ready to play, hell the kid was ready to get back out there and practice saturday night. I hope joe aint using this "injury" as an excuse to play Stevens again this week. That's what happened at ut.

ATTILLA THE DOG
10-21-2019, 01:32 PM
I can tell y'all Shrader is not injured. He's a little dinged but he ain't injured. Shrader is ready to play, hell the kid was ready to get back out there and practice saturday night. I hope joe aint using this "injury" as an excuse to play Stevens again this week. That's what happened at ut.

Well he did say we need to get back to throwing it downfield to open up the offense. So you man be right.

TNDawg35
10-21-2019, 01:36 PM
If he starts Tommy and I’m Cohen or Keemun, I would walk in at Half at A&M and fire his ass then and there and put Shoop in charge.. **** it, why we got to loose!!

Commercecomet24
10-21-2019, 01:37 PM
Well he did say we need to get back to throwing it downfield to open up the offense. So you man be right.

I hope i'm not right, Shrader is joes only hope on offense at this point. Maybe joe's committing coaching suicide by Tommy

Commercecomet24
10-21-2019, 01:38 PM
If he starts Tommy and I’m Cohen or Keemun, I would walk in at Half at A&M and fire his ass then and there and put Shoop in charge.. **** it, why we got to loose!!

He was gonna stick with Tommy in the second half at ut but Breiner finally convinced him to go with Shrader

bobtail bob
10-21-2019, 01:41 PM
Sloppy is going to get Schrader killed with all the runs up the middle. You can?t keep taking those SEC shots and make it through even Tebow and his virgin strength got hurt.
Sloppy keeps doing the same shit every week on offense. Had he rather be right than going against his flow sheet ?
Bafoonis taking the football program apart piece by piece

ATTILLA THE DOG
10-21-2019, 01:45 PM

Well.

Well if Shrader is hurt what does it say about your hero moorhead? Had the kid still playing in the 4th qtr in a game we had no chance to win.

Cowbell
10-21-2019, 01:50 PM
I’m telling you guys, and some here will agree, we need to get him out of here. It will be best for him and best for us. We haven’t seen collateral damage yet.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-21-2019, 01:50 PM
Most are nicks & bruises. Rivers, Cole, Shrader, & Reese aren't serious. Tyler hasn't played in a month so day to day is encouraging & Eilamd was hurt the 1st or 2nd series & missed the remainder of the game.

dantheman4248
10-21-2019, 01:55 PM
Crazy how we are the only team in the country with injuries.

KT is undefeated as a starting QB- we have people we can insert.

Shrader was undefeated as well. This is a stupid stat you keep bringing to the table when you have so much else you can cite. KT can’t run Moorhead’s offense. (Not that anyone actually can outside the Ivy League). Moorhead would have to fundamentally change all his thoughts on offense for KT to work.

ATTILLA THE DOG
10-21-2019, 02:00 PM
Shrader was undefeated as well. This is a stupid stat you keep bringing to the table when you have so much else you can cite. KT can?t run Moorhead?s offense. (Not that anyone actually can outside the Ivy League). Moorhead would have to fundamentally change all his thoughts on offense for KT to work.

Is the objective to win football games or run a certain offense?

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 02:07 PM

You asking Moorhead? The latter.

Coach34
10-21-2019, 02:10 PM
Shrader was undefeated as well. This is a stupid stat you keep bringing to the table when you have so much else you can cite. KT can’t run Moorhead’s offense. (Not that anyone actually can outside the Ivy League). Moorhead would have to fundamentally change all his thoughts on offense for KT to work.

This is the bullshit that blows my mind. KT can’t run it 19 times and throw a couple of picks like Shrader did Saturday? Put 7 points on the board vs the starters??? Score 10
vs Tenn? Gtfo with that BS.

Hell- nobody can run JoVester’s offense apparently because it’s a steaming turd

Coach34
10-21-2019, 02:12 PM

We have a winner folks

Cowbell
10-21-2019, 02:12 PM
This is the bullshit that blows my mind. KT can?t run it 19 times and throw a couple of picks like Shrader did Saturday? Put 7 points on the board vs the starters??? Score 10

Hell- nobody can run JoVester?s offense apparently because it?s a steaming turd

Keep preaching man

Coach007
10-21-2019, 02:14 PM

Day to day.

Really Clark?
10-21-2019, 02:15 PM
He was gonna stick with Tommy in the second half at ut but Breiner finally convinced him to go with Shrader

Yep. And I’m fine with coaches thinking one thing and assistants making them see another view point. But we have had that happen a good bit in 1 1/2 seasons. The whole Auburn game plan deal from Johnson and Hud. My issue is when it works or is a more viable way to compete and the results on the field prove it, why not at least adjust to incorporate that success? He tries it, sees the result, and says nope, that’s not the best way to compete with who we have? That’s what is questionable

Really Clark?
10-21-2019, 02:16 PM

Double post

Commercecomet24
10-21-2019, 02:17 PM
Yep. And I’m fine with coaches thinking one thing and assistants making them see another view point. But we have had that happen a good bit in 1 1/2 seasons. The whole Auburn game plan deal from Johnson and Hud. My issue is when it works or is a more viable way to compete and the results on the field prove it, why not at least adjust to incorporate that success? He tries it, sees the result, and says nope, that’s not the best way to compete with who we have? That’s what is questionable

That's exactly it in a nutshell.

Lord McBuckethead
10-21-2019, 02:20 PM

Well maybe that would be a good thing. I would rather see KT than Tommy.

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 02:29 PM
This is the bullshit that blows my mind. KT can’t run it 19 times and throw a couple of picks like Shrader did Saturday? Put 7 points on the board vs the starters??? Score 10

Hell- nobody can run JoVester’s offense apparently because it’s a steaming turd

Nobody can run Joe's offense b/c they have to know what is the square root of third down and what is the obtuse read on the backside DB minus the the right angle of the fifty yard hash divided by the hyper-multiple of the left safety.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2019, 02:31 PM
Nobody can run Joe's offense b/c they have to know what is the square root of third down and what is the obtuse read on the backside DB minus the the right angle of the fifty yard hash divided by the hyper-multiple of the left safety.

Shotgun could probably run it cause he's really good with the kind of stuff you just mentioned lol. Just messing with you, Gun.

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 02:33 PM
Shotgun could probably run it cause he's really good with the kind of stuff you just mentioned lol. Just messing with you, Gun.

Shit, I forgot about adding the lateral throwing motion.***

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 02:37 PM

He cannot admit to himself that his offense will not work in the SEC. To guys like Hud and Johnson it wasn't rocket science or the secret meaning of life. Just run what the players on the team do best. It's not theoretical math.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2019, 03:03 PM
Heres a little om injury news. Plumlee hurt gonna have to have a little scope done this week. Could miss several weeks at least.

ATTILLA THE DOG
10-21-2019, 03:09 PM
Heres a little om injury news. Plumlee hurt gonna have to have a little scope done this week. Could miss several weeks at least.

Hate it for the kid,I wish we had him.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-21-2019, 03:16 PM
Hate it for the kid,I wish we had him.

He needs to recognize he's not a QB & move to the slot. He'd have a chance at All SEC.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2019, 03:17 PM
He needs to recognize he's not a QB & move to the slot. He'd have a chance at All SEC.

100% agree on this. He'd be heck in the slot. Edleman/Amendola type but a little faster.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-21-2019, 03:23 PM
100% agree on this. He'd be heck in the slot. Edleman/Amendola type but a little faster.

Tayvon Austin

Commercecomet24
10-21-2019, 03:25 PM
Tayvon Austin

Yeah thats a good comp.

was21
10-21-2019, 03:29 PM
Seems that injuries were never discussed under a previous HC...just go with what you got...oh well, another excuse

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2019, 03:33 PM
This is the bullshit that blows my mind. KT can?t run it 19 times and throw a couple of picks like Shrader did Saturday? Put 7 points on the board vs the starters??? Score 10

What I amazing is that he is getting Shrader killed and still not running effective QB. At least run QB run plays that work.

Last year without running Fitz just like Mullen did, we win probably 6 games.

I hope people realize that he is surviving because of the defense and OL that Mullen left him. Once the defensive talent graduates, we will be stuck with just his offense.

I really think that KT is better equipped to run the ball 15+ times a game. Shrader won't make it the season if he keeps getting pounded like he did Saturday.

tcdog70
10-21-2019, 03:43 PM
if I remember correctly--KT was said to have performed the best the last scrimmage before Joe named Tommy the starter.

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2019, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know if KT has asked not to play or is this a consequence of not showing up for practice for a few weeks when he was looking to transfer.

MD2020
10-21-2019, 04:00 PM

Nice

timotheus
10-21-2019, 04:14 PM
Does anyone know if KT has asked not to play or is this a consequence of not showing up for practice for a few weeks when he was looking to transfer.

JoMO had no intention of playing KT at all prior to the first game.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-21-2019, 04:27 PM
if I remember correctly--KT was said to have performed the best the last scrimmage before Joe named Tommy the starter.

It was the 1st scrimmage.

Bothrops
10-21-2019, 04:42 PM

That is why I wouldn't have played Shrader against LSU.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-21-2019, 04:43 PM

Are we the only team in the country that has a guy who wanted to leave preseason stay on the roster and basically be untouchable? WTH are we protecting him from, losing the QB battle at Nicholls State next year?

Bothrops
10-21-2019, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure Key even wants to play. If he plays I'm not sure his heart will be in it much.

MD2020
10-21-2019, 05:08 PM

Amen. KT would score a lot more points at the Qb spot this year. Shrader is a Nick clone of running only.

TALL DAWG
10-21-2019, 05:24 PM
Amen. KT would score a lot more points at the Qb spot this year. Shrader is a Nick clone of running only.

Incorrect, Shrader can throw the balk also.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-21-2019, 05:34 PM
That is why I wouldn't have played Shrader against LSU.

Half the team are in boots during the week. They're just precautionary.

Dawg2003
10-21-2019, 05:43 PM

Can he throw it better than Nick at this point? I'm honestly asking.

MD2020
10-21-2019, 05:45 PM

Based off what performance? I believe he'll develop that skillset however it's just not there as a freshman right now.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2019, 05:45 PM
Half the team are in boots during the week. They're just precautionary.

Exactly. Heck Tom Brady is in a boot just about every week. He has bad ankles.

dawgday166
10-21-2019, 05:54 PM

Shit, I forgot about adding the lateral throwing motion.***

That's some funny shit right there.

dawgday166
10-21-2019, 05:57 PM
JoMO had no intention of playing KT at all prior to the first game.

He had no intention of playing KT since he became coach. Only played Fitz cause of who he was probably and what he had already done. Otherwise Fitz be sitting too.l

timotheus
10-21-2019, 06:01 PM
He wouldn't have played aeris williams last year either had Kylin not gotten dinged up.

dawgday166
10-21-2019, 06:05 PM
A little different scenario since Aeris did sub at RB some ... tho Kylin got pretty significant more snaps. KT just ain't playing ... period.

MD2020
10-21-2019, 06:12 PM

timotheus
10-21-2019, 06:18 PM
He subbed aeris same as he currently does Gibson. Nick may very well be more productive than Kylin but we shall never get the opportunity to see.

RocketDawg
10-21-2019, 06:38 PM

That is totally unthinkable. That would be firing with cause and no buyout.

dantheman4248
10-21-2019, 07:01 PM
KT can’t throw the ball effectively at all. He’s shown nothing to show he’s any better than Plumlee at OM. He’s not as stocky as Shrader is so the hits would pile up.

We’re stuck with what we’ve got at the head coach until Black Friday. Thinking putting KT in there will do anything but compound the issue is not helping.

Actually come to think of it. KT playing and showing how ineffective he is would A. show more moorhead system inability and B. quiet the people who think he’s the best option on the team because he beat a Sirmon D by 4 (with 4 INT by our own D) and then beat Stone F. Cold University.

Worst case scenario with starting KT is we look somewhat competent and now Shrader isn’t guaranteed the job next season and we’ll have a controversy or if Moorhead walks he might definitely transfer and we’re sitting here with our thumb up our ass because we wanted to try to salvage games instead of letting the lame duck coach give our true freshman QB some experience. Hard pass from me tbh.

chef dixon
10-21-2019, 08:26 PM
Being so stubborn to even give KT a fair shot against any legit competition over the last 2 years has been a huge part in Moorhead?s downfall. I said continually before the season he was taking a gamble going all in on ?his guys? and he better hope it works out. Guess what? It has been a huge disaster, one of the biggest in CFB.