PDA

View Full Version : If Moorhead stays

TheLostDawg
10-21-2019, 12:49 PM
I know everyone believes Moorhead needs to be gone on here. We all know the stats. Let's just say if he is here next year for whatever reason, what assistant do we hire. Ole Miss has a terrible HC but look at the improvements this year with their hires. Who do we go after to turn the offense around.

Bdawg
10-21-2019, 01:02 PM
Joey Jones should be HIS-TOR-RYYYYY!!!!!! Shouldn't be too hard to find a better recruiter and coach

Sorry if your post was geared towards offense, but if Moorhead stays, he's the offensive guy.

TheLostDawg
10-21-2019, 01:23 PM
Haha more or less was trying to have a different talking point than the continuous "who is the next HC feed" because as much as most want that, it's not guaranteed.
Yeah we could definitely use someone that encourages actually catching the balls on ST instead of watching it bounce further back every return

Coursesuper
10-21-2019, 01:29 PM
Apathy. And no problem finding a spot to park or tailgate.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2019, 01:31 PM
Apathy. And no problem finding a spot to park or tailgate.

This is exactly whats gonna happen and tickets will be cheap too.

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 01:40 PM
Moorhead is clueless about turning this offense around. It works against slow defenses. It needs to be completely overhauled to work in the SEC. He won't do it.

timotheus
10-21-2019, 03:49 PM
He sounds like and analyst of the SEC network with all his gift of gab and in depth explanations until the part about the SEC defenses not being slow enuf for his O to flourish. Dam, when all ******* defensive recruits are gone we will have a helluva nothing burger.

BeastMan
10-21-2019, 04:06 PM
If he stays firing and hiring number 1 has to be the S&C coach. Our players are slow, fat, soft, and undisciplined. We need a new monster s&c coach who breathes fire, snorts creative, and shits your feelings.

Bass Chaser
10-21-2019, 04:32 PM
If he stays firing and hiring number 1 has to be the S&C coach. Our players are slow, fat, soft, and undisciplined. We need a new monster s&c coach who breathes fire, snorts creative, and shits your feelings.

Yep, I'd call Balis for a recommendation.

basedog
10-21-2019, 04:36 PM
Although I agree Joe’s offense isn’t working, but I also agree with what was said from the CBS crew. “Seems LSU runs the same offense MSU runs and it just shows you have to have talent to make it work”.
We have to have the slowest offensive players in the Sec.
In today’s offensive sets, you have the have speed to provide the big play. Everyone is stacking their defense daring us to throw long as our receivers can’t get open enough. LSU safeties were fast and their corners were pinching inside stoping any outside run game which we don’t have speed at RB to get outside. I think Gibson and Weatherspoon should get more playing time. Something has occurred to me Hill doesn’t like contact.
Just my to cents. Joe has major issues, not a good match for MSU and Sec ball.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-21-2019, 04:39 PM
Although I agree Joe’s offense isn’t working, but I also agree with what was said from the CBS crew. “Seems LSU runs the same offense MSU runs and it just shows you have to have talent to make it work”.
In today’s offensive sets, you have the have speed to provide the big play. Everyone is stacking their defense daring us to throw long as our receivers can’t get open enough. LSU safeties were fast and their corners were pinching inside stoping any outside run game which we don’t have speed at RB to get outside. I think Gibson and Weatherspoon should get more playing time. Something has occurred to me Hill doesn’t like contact.

Because he knows he can't stay healthy. Hasn't shown the ability to stay on the field against SEC defenses since he has been here.

CovertDawg
10-21-2019, 05:07 PM
Assuming Moorhead stays then he needs to pair himself with some mean SOB coaches. The head coach does not have to be the mean guy but he at least needs to give someone the authority to be. And as others have mentioned, in this new era of the SEC where Alabama and LSU have high octane offenses then we are just dreaming of Music City Bowls until some NFL talent is recruited to campus at the Wide Receiver position. In year one, Mullen finished a better season at Florida than he ever had at Mississippi State...Why? He has speed on the outside that can make plays...and now what looks like an NFL tight end.

And as for Hill....Scottie Phillips at Ole Miss is considered a better NFL prospect than him.

MD2020
10-21-2019, 05:11 PM
Although I agree Joe?s offense isn?t working, but I also agree with what was said from the CBS crew. ?Seems LSU runs the same offense MSU runs and it just shows you have to have talent to make it work?.
In today?s offensive sets, you have the have speed to provide the big play. Everyone is stacking their defense daring us to throw long as our receivers can?t get open enough. LSU safeties were fast and their corners were pinching inside stoping any outside run game which we don?t have speed at RB to get outside. I think Gibson and Weatherspoon should get more playing time. Something has occurred to me Hill doesn?t like contact.

Our offense is Moorehead's. LSU'S offense is Sean Payton's.

DogsofAnarchy
10-21-2019, 05:22 PM

We have several guys with the speed to play in an offense. This scheme is so bad that it seems we can’t get any separation.

Captain Falcon
10-21-2019, 06:07 PM
S&C and Special Teams are a must. I would like to see him hire an actual OC and delegate play calling to someone else, but I think he is dead set on making his system work so I doubt that happens.

basedog
10-21-2019, 06:13 PM
We have several guys with the speed to play in an offense. This scheme is so bad that it seems we can?t get any separation.

I see average speed at best at the wide out position. None seem to be open field runners and tell me who u see at receiver who has quickness?

Joe?s offense sucks. I?m just saying what I?m seeing at the receiver position. Our overall history at this position has always ?liked?. Yes we?ve had few receivers but not many first team All Sec Caliber.

TheLostDawg
10-21-2019, 09:42 PM
S&C and Special Teams are a must. I would like to see him hire an actual OC and delegate play calling to someone else, but I think he is dead set on making his system work so I doubt that happens.

I agree that if he did those three things, we might could crawl out of this hole. I heard that he didn't call all the plays this week. Could be wrong.

bobtail bob
10-21-2019, 09:51 PM
CBS doesn't know what the hell they are talking about with that comparison . When LSU runs the ball it is given to the back and he is gone through the hole. Our QB sticks it in the RBs gut and they kind of wait a second the RB gets it and the defense has collapsed on them by then. Over and over and over the same thing that never works

timotheus
10-21-2019, 10:27 PM
If Joe stays, we will have less wins next season than this years final win total.

basedog
10-22-2019, 07:47 AM
CBS doesn't know what the hell they are talking about with that comparison . When LSU runs the ball it is given to the back and he is gone through the hole. Our QB sticks it in the RBs gut and they kind of wait a second the RB gets it and the defense has collapsed on them by then. Over and over and over the same thing that never works

I’m not a big CBS fan, just reporting what was said. But many on message boards don’t know what they talking about either.
LOL

basedog
10-22-2019, 07:48 AM
I agree.

KB21
10-22-2019, 08:46 AM

Sorry, but this isn?t true. LSU?s offense is predominately a RPO based offense. That RPO has essentially unlocked Joe Burrow?s ability this year.