PDA

View Full Version : Urban Meyer

Matt3467
10-21-2019, 08:42 AM
I saw the thread where C34 mentioned making an offer to Meyer. Even if he were to accept I'm not convinced this job wouldn't kill him.

We've all seen his mental and physical health decline when things aren't going good at his last two stops. If he took this job he'd end up face flat on the sidelines.

I think he's a great coach but if both parties were to be seriously interested then his health would have to be taken into account.

Dawgbite
10-21-2019, 08:49 AM
All I know is that it's killing me!

msstate7
10-21-2019, 08:50 AM
If urban Meyer would take the job, I'd give it to him if he had 1 year to live. He won't though, so it's moot

Homedawg
10-21-2019, 08:51 AM
Urban Meyer isn't taking this job for 10 million....

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 08:51 AM
We don't demand a SEC championship and a playoff berth every season. Florida does. Hell, he just coaches five consecutive 9-3 seasons at State and we'd be getting money together for a statue. We'd name new mascots Urban.

Todd4State
10-21-2019, 08:52 AM
And yet despite his poor health he’s rumored to be the favorite to take over USC.

Actually with our fan base and how we treat coaches we’re probably a pretty ideal place for him. I say this having seen Florida fans boo the heck out of him after we beat them in Gainesville one year removed from a National Title.

If we have a chance to hire him- we should do it. Even if he gets burned out in five years.

Msujd164
10-21-2019, 09:04 AM
And some of you make fun of OM when they throw names out there. Please stop with the Urban Meyer bullshit. You’re making us look really REALLY foolish.

Matt3467
10-21-2019, 09:11 AM
And some of you make fun of OM when they throw names out there. Please stop with the Urban Meyer bullshit. You’re making us look really REALLY foolish.

You must be a perennial pessimist. I'm sure NC and KU didn't think they'd have a chance at pulling Brown and Miles either. Thank goodness you won't be part of the coaching search.

Of course Meyer is a longshot but that doesn't mean you don't try.

Randolph Dupree
10-21-2019, 09:14 AM

The difference is UM would say "Urban is interested..." or "I hear Urban has been in contact with (whoever the AD is)". This conversation is, "hey, you take the Hail Mary and offer the guy some cash and see if he bites". It's two different things.

FWIW I agree with many that you make the call and make him tell you no. Which he will, not only because we are who we are but because Urban wants no piece of Saban on a regular basis. Wouldn't matter if the job was Georgia, LSU or TAMU.

Cooterpoot
10-21-2019, 09:19 AM
Urban Meyer would be the ultimate hire. That’s why it’s unrealistic.

hacker
10-21-2019, 09:51 AM
This is our fanbase's version of Tony Dungy to Ole Miss

Maroonthirteen
10-21-2019, 09:58 AM
Urban Myer on the Miss St sideline coaching State. ...AND TS under center as the MSU QB

vs Alabama 2019

Does Urban?s heart burn flare up before TS goes down with an injury?

StarkVegasSteve
10-21-2019, 11:41 AM
You must be a perennial pessimist. I'm sure NC and KU didn't think they'd have a chance at pulling Brown and Miles either. Thank goodness you won't be part of the coaching search.

Those are completely different situations. Both those coaches were fired at their former jobs, Meyer left after winning another Big 10 Championship and a Rose Bowl.

Cooterpoot
10-21-2019, 11:47 AM

Those were desperation hires and neither are winning.

Matt3467
10-21-2019, 11:54 AM

Cooter, we had this conversation the other day. They are both performing above expectations with NC playing very good and not too far away from being undefeated.

Tbonewannabe
10-21-2019, 12:34 PM

Miles has Kansas actually competing for the first time this decade. That might be the worst P5 job in the country.

The Federalist Engineer
10-21-2019, 12:38 PM

Before we settle for Urban Meyer, we better send someone to talk to Jon Gruden and Mike Tomlin.

Coach34
10-21-2019, 12:43 PM
Literally nobody has claimed Urban Meyer is interested in our job. Nobody.

OM claimed Dungy had been in contact with people at OM.

Huge difference

Coach34
10-21-2019, 12:44 PM
Before we settle for Urban Meyer, we better send someone to talk to Jon Gruden and Mike Tomlin.

Before you make another unintelligent post- please compare people without jobs to each other. Not people that are already employed

Tbonewannabe
10-21-2019, 01:56 PM

Or dig up Bear Bryant. Offering a guy who Doesn't have a Job is a lot different than saying that Dungy is on a plane and talking about taking the job. One is message board bullshit on what everyone would do, the other is a delusional fanbase that is assured they can go get who they want.

HoopsDawg
10-21-2019, 02:11 PM
Literally nobody has claimed Urban Meyer is interested in our job. Nobody.

OM claimed Dungy had been in contact with people at OM.

Huge difference

Bringing up Urban Meyer even with a 100 caveats is embarrassing.

Coach34
10-21-2019, 02:16 PM

Name 1 caveat that’s been mentioned? All I’ve seen is call him and make him say no. That’s it. Not one swinging dick has said he’ll take the job

Tbonewannabe
10-21-2019, 02:19 PM

Well the guy doesn't have a coaching job and there aren't any better jobs technically open right now. Mullen has proven you can win here. Do I think there is any chance he takes the job? No, I don't but I didn't think there was a chance to pull Petersen back in the day and that almost happened before he got cold feet.

I don't know why people are getting their panties in a wad by someone on a message board saying they would at least reach out to see if there was any interest. This in now way is MSU people saying that they have John Gruden on a plane coming to Starkville.