PDA

View Full Version : MSU offense currently scoring 24.9 PPG, Lower than every year under Mullen

Tbonewannabe
10-21-2019, 08:31 AM
So even Mullen's first year running an offense with Tyson Lee (definitely didn't fit his offense), we averaged above 25 PPG. Now we should increase that average with a bad Ark, Abilene, and UM team to offset how bad we will look against Bama.

Homedawg
10-21-2019, 08:51 AM
Recruiting gaps********

Todd4State
10-21-2019, 08:55 AM
So even Mullen's first year running an offense with Tyson Lee (definitely didn't fit his offense), we averaged above 25 PPG. Now we should increase that average with a bad Ark, Abilene, and UM team to offset how bad we will look against Bama.

I bet we end up around 26 or so PPG. We’ll see.

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 08:55 AM
Offensive savant.

Tbonewannabe
10-21-2019, 09:33 AM
Just for the heck of it, I just looked at Croom's years since that is the Offensive Black Plague years of MSU football. Croom only averaged above 20 once which was 21.3 in 2007, the Liberty Bowl year. So Moorhead right now is a FG per game better than Croom's best year but around 1 point per game less than Mullen's worst year.

The biggest problem with this is Moorhead is really bad against SEC teams. His average is skewed up from blowing out a horrific Ark and UM who had a team defense in the 100s. This year the Auburn game is skewed up from the game being essentially over at halftime.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2019, 09:36 AM
I think if Shrader starts the entire season, our offensive numbers look substantially better. The scheme sucks but the lack of offensive speed is a bigger problem. We have absolutely no explosive players on offense. That makes it really tough because your best plays only get first downs.

MD2020
10-21-2019, 09:49 AM
I think if Shrader starts the entire season, our offensive numbers look substantially better. The scheme sucks but the lack of offensive speed is a bigger problem. We have absolutely no explosive players on offense. That makes it really tough because your best plays only get first downs.

Not true. Schrader can not pass well enough to score 24 points a game in the SEC. I like the kid but all any team has to do is account for the Qb option/draw and handoffs to Hill. It's then game, set, match. He has his one drive where he's runs it in and the game is over after the defense adjustments.

War Machine Dawg
10-21-2019, 07:10 PM

I'm shocked it's that high. Being inflated by ULL, USM, and garbage time points. When it matters, this offense is no threat to score whatsoever.

Churchill
10-21-2019, 08:16 PM
He's definitely offended me

timotheus
10-21-2019, 08:51 PM
I'd be careful claiming we will score 26 against the sharks. Is our Offense more prolific than Jimbo's? hmm