PDA

View Full Version : Bad Calls Around the SEC from This Weekend

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2019, 08:25 AM
Just thought it would be fun to have a thread of GIFs of the SEC officiating screw-ups from this weekend.

To start, my favorite from the weekend. The Alabama 1 second play while trying to get in FG range at the end of the 1st half vs Tennessee.

While the game was still competitive, Tennessee stopped Bama on 3rd down but was given a 15 yard penalty & auto 1st down due to this little shove at the end of the play. We would never get this call. Absolutely never.

While we were still in the game vs LSU, this clear PI went uncalled. LSU gets this call 100% of the time.

Florida scores a 75 yard game changing TD vs SC while clearly false starting & blocking in the back for 40 yards.

If you have any more please add.

Cooterpoot
10-21-2019, 08:30 AM
It’s not just the SEC. Officiating as a whole is bad at all levels.

Tbonewannabe
10-21-2019, 08:36 AM

The problem is that most of the "favorites" rarely are on the bad end of these type of calls. Several of these type of calls are at big moments or momentum swinging calls. You only have to look at the fumble non reviews last year against Bama. I feel confident in saying if you switched the names on the jerseys then those fumbles are reviewed and reversed 100% of the time.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2019, 08:41 AM
The problem is that most of the "favorites" rarely are on the bad end of these type of calls. Several of these type of calls are at big moments or momentum swinging calls. You only have to look at the fumble non reviews last year against Bama. I feel confident in saying if you switched the names on the jerseys then those fumbles are reviewed and reversed 100% of the time.

The calls remove any chance of the underdog competing

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2019, 08:42 AM

It really is. I think it's a product of the TV product which has allowed every call & non-call to be seen in detail.

Football is a complicated sport. Still seems like the calls usually go against the underdog all too often

Tbonewannabe
10-21-2019, 08:46 AM
It really is. I think it's a product of the TV product which has allowed every call & non-call to be seen in detail.

Football is a complicated sport. Still seems like the calls usually go against the underdog all too often

It is tough but a UF WR running down the field pulling the jersey out of a SC DB should have been an easy call to make. That Kylin pass interference should have been a no brainer also.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2019, 08:51 AM
My favorite GIF from the weekend.

Kingbarkus
10-21-2019, 08:57 AM
There was an egregious OPI committed by Florida on a TD late in the USCe game. A high school ref could have seen it. That started the water bottles raining down and Muschamp losing his mind. The announcers called out the refs.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2019, 09:00 AM
The one penalty they replayed at Davis Wade Saturday was the Defensive Pass Interference call against us where it was defended perfectly, the LSU receiver did not make the catch but the flag came out, when the replay was on the jumbo tron I watched the back judge watching it and when it was over he shook his head like ole shit.

Fader21
10-21-2019, 12:49 PM
It is tough but a UF WR running down the field pulling the jersey out of a SC DB should have been an easy call to make. That Kylin pass interference should have been a no brainer also.

I think you are right on the holding call. We don't have enough evidence of block in the back, as block in the back is only called for the initial force hit to be in back. So if the WR hit in the side and continued his contact through to the back and maintained it, it is not a block in the back.