PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead numbers

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2019, 11:37 PM
I know Im piling on tonight but I saw this on twitter and it really shocked me. Since Moorhead took over we are

11-9 overall
5-9 vs P5 teams
Less than 10 pts scored in 5 games

Holy Shit

timotheus
10-20-2019, 11:45 PM
Yep, I am aware of this jomo offensive juggernaut. thanks for reminding me. holy shit is correct

CadaverDawg
10-20-2019, 11:46 PM
It's bad. Way worse than many realize or are willing to admit. When I start seeing our fans talk about how the "effort was better this past week", and "we played hard".....that's all you need to see to know we're in a bad bad spot. That's like saying, "she has a nice smile".....If that's the first compliment about a girl.....She's ugly, sorry.

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2019, 11:48 PM
It's bad. Way worse than many realize or are willing to admit. When I start seeing our fans talk about how the "effort was better this past week", and "we played hard".....that's all you need to see to know we're in a bad bad spot. That's like saying, "she has a nice smile".....If that's the first compliment about a girl.....She's ugly, sorry.

I will leave the ugly girl comments to you haha but I do agree. Moorhead is acting like he took over a 4-8 program when he really took over a 8-4 program.

If playing hard is a positive then you are in bad shape bc that is the standard in good programs. Playing hard is not something people should be proud of you for, it is an understanding. Just shows how far this thing has gotten off track

Coach007
10-20-2019, 11:54 PM
I know Im piling on tonight but I saw this on twitter and it really shocked me. Since Moorhead took over we are

11-9 overall
5-9 vs P5 teams

Holy Shit

Interesting...

Mullen in 2016 won 3 SEC games... won 4 SEC games the following year. I mean record setting... Awe inducing. And that's in is 8th, and 9th year with a recruiting highlight real of Dak, #1 and still could not get players here. The total record was 13-11. SEC record.... 7-9

Moorhead... Well. In year 1... 4-4 in the SEC and 8-4 in the regular season and is rebuilding the team from recruiting gaps.

Coach007
10-20-2019, 11:56 PM
I will leave the ugly girl comments to you haha but I do agree. Moorhead is acting like he took over a 4-8 program when he really took over a 8-4 program.

Show me where there were no recruiting issues by Mullen.

Mullen in 9 seasons had 2 losing seasons and 4 seasons where he had to win the last game or last 2 games to make a bowl.

dantheman4248
10-21-2019, 12:23 AM
You keep bringing up recruiting gaps. The only recruiting gap we had was at defensive line, the place where MSU excels regardless of who is there. Safeties didn’t pan out like we thought they would. QBs... Moorhead can’t adapt his system to them. WRs... there’s plenty, just not talented enough to be 11 personnel every play with a run blocking team. OLine is filled with talent and experience. HBs fine. LBs have plenty, Moorhead not instilling off-field discipline there is the main issue.

So what ****ing recruiting gap exists. I sure as shit don’t see one.

timotheus
10-21-2019, 12:45 AM
007, we all know that the O line is one of the most glaring issues with this club. Other than getting rid of all of em, what is your solution? They obviously do not respond to intellectual coaching and game prep.******* If they could pass block NFL bound D linemen, our QB could stand there and survey the field for 5-6 seconds. I'll hang up and listen.

Coach007
10-21-2019, 12:47 AM
You keep bringing up recruiting gaps. The only recruiting gap we had was at defensive line, the place where MSU excels regardless of who is there. Safeties didn’t pan out like we thought they would. QBs... Moorhead can’t adapt his system to them. WRs... there’s plenty, just not talented enough to be 11 personnel every play with a run blocking team. OLine is filled with talent and experience. HBs fine. LBs have plenty, Moorhead not instilling off-field discipline there is the main issue.

So what ****ing recruiting gap exists. I sure as shit don’t see one.

Look at the LBs... Why are we having to play Lewis? We can't play Gay. So we are playing Freshmen. We have 1 SO at LB. Look at the CBs. A SR goes down and who is next??? 2 TRUE Freshman. Look closely at RBs. Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure there were 6 or 7 with none lined up to sign in 2018. 2 graduated. That left 5. Right now, We have Hill (expected to leave for NFL early), Gibson (graduates), a TFreshman in Witherspoon and a friggin WALK on. That's 4 RBs and one of those Moorhead recruited. He also went after a seasoned RB in Walker. Now he has 2 4 star RBs committed. So yes... Next year we could have ended up with a SO running back with only FRESHMEN behind him.

I could go on, but yes.... gaps. Just because you have a person on the roster DOES NOT mean they are capable. From 2015.. Mullen signed one 4 star wr and you all biotched about their play. Now he has coached them up and has SEVERAL 4 stars recruited and either will sign this year or the next 2. Hell he even has a 2021 4 star committed.

Yes.. gaps where Mullen would not recruit if it was too hard. Gaps where we lost a commitment and would just stop trying for that guy and take anybody.

dantheman4248
10-21-2019, 12:55 AM
Your post did nothing to explain it.

The LB issues are on Moorhead. Willie Gay not playing is on Moorhead. He was the coach when that happened.

The HB issues have nothing to do with this year.

The CBs had two starters that for whatever reason can’t play full games this year. That’s poor S&C. The backups were set to be guys like Williams and Charles who are better in the slot. The true freshmen seeing the field so much is due to poor S&C.

So again where are these gaps that are hurting us this year. It’s hard to believe that a gap in DLine recruiting has caused us to have so many 10 points or less games on offense. Please go on and on. The WRs are not a recruiting issue. The issue is running 11 personnel with a power run team. Adapt the ****ing offense.

Coach007
10-21-2019, 01:02 AM
007, we all know that the O line is one of the most glaring issues with this club. Other than getting rid of all of em, what is your solution? They obviously do not respond to intellectual coaching and game prep.******* If they could pass block NFL bound D linemen, our QB could stand there and survey the field for 5-6 seconds. I'll hang up and listen.

The OL is an issue. Why do you think Moorhead moved Jackson to the Ol? We know there are issues. The staff knows there are issues. Why do you think he went out and got Johnson and Cross. Mullen here... and CROSS is not. Fact. Mullen had walked away from that recruitment. I know a player that wanted to play at Ms ST and he walked away from him and Now is playing at Alabama. He was a 4 star recruit. So now, after 1 season, Moorhead is making gains in talent. ONE 5 star OT and One 4 Star OT. Nothing but 3 stars in 2015, 2016, 2017... Can they be coached up. Sure. But tell me how many championship teams have an OL that has only 3 star players on it.

So you recruit and train. Moorhead is doing both. This unit is better at pass protection now. With Passing game working, the run game is easier. So you need some consistency at the QB position. And, we have not had that due to injury.

Coach007
10-21-2019, 01:27 AM
Your post did nothing to explain it.

It did. You don't want to look. I gave you examples of gaps. Gaps change the way you would recruit. No gaps... you spread it out. Gaps and sub par players... you have to rob peter to pay paul.

The LB issues are on Moorhead.

No. I see freshman Lbs. Where are the Sophomores?

Willie Gay not playing is on Moorhead. He was the coach when that happened.

NOPE! That's on players who took the easy way out and advantage of a new coach stepping in. THEY are grown. THEY made the decisions they made.

The HB issues have nothing to do with this year.

It's and example of a the gap. You asked about GAPS... not this year. But you would DAMN sure go off the deep end if Moorhead did not address it. Good thing he is and has 2 4 star RBs coming in! Good thing he also thought about them being young and got a JUCO for experience.

The CBs had two starters that for whatever reason can’t play full games this year. That’s poor S&C.

LMAO!!!! Sir.. NO DBs play full games. There are many reasons why not. 1 it doesn't build depth and 2 you don't drain them. It's a long season. EVERY team has injuries that could effect a position.

The backups were set to be guys like Williams and Charles who are better in the slot. The true freshmen seeing the field so much is due to poor S&C.

No the true freshman seeing the field is because they are BETTER than anybody else. But yes.. there is a gap.

- SRs... 1
- Jrs... 5
- Sos......1
- Fr....6.

Want to see the type of DBs we want out there. Look at the height. It's hard for a 5'8- 5'10" to cover a gut that is 6'5".... Not so much for our 6'3" CBs. Recruiting and talent gap.

It’s hard to believe that a gap in DLine recruiting has caused us to have so many 10 points or less games on offense. Please go on and on. The WRs are not a recruiting issue.

Now you are trying to equate recruiting gaps to system requirements. Not the same thing. YES SIR... WR recruitment was and always had been an issue for Mullen. It's why he never put one in the NFL and WHY top ones went else where. HE COULDN'T KEEP a hometown guy. He sucked at recruiting WRS because his system did not 100% need them. He needed extra blockers for the better part. This isn't Mullen. This isn't the same system. YES you have to have decent WRS and Moorhead is getting those in.

He wasn't HIRED to run the Mullen offense. And HE ISN'T going to... Thank God.

dantheman4248
10-21-2019, 02:00 AM
LBs. Washington, Gay, Thompson, Lewis exist. In an evolving game where 5 DBs are more common than 3 LBs, he has plenty to succeed with this year. His lack of discipline being instilled into the team led to more than 10% of the team getting themselves in trouble. Whether the amount is Bracky’s fault or whatever, the point remains it’s another example of lack of discipline.

I asked for gaps explaining this year. Why the **** is Auburn blowing us out with a true freshman QB. Why the hell did we lose to KSU and UTK.

No DBs play full games. Yet 79 players in the NFL have logged 90+% of their teams defensive snaps at DB. With the 4 main starting positions, that means 60ish percent of starting DBs in the NFL play almost all to all of their team’s defensive snaps. There’s no reason that we should have our players not being able to go full games. (There are not snap logs I could quickly find for college). This is purely a lack of S&C.

Some of the best defensive backs all time we’re under 6 feet. This is a bad take. The prototypical corner is 5’11”.

Moorhead wasn’t hired to run his system and suck. He was hired to win games. He’s got players more suited to Mullen’s style. Adapt to the talent. Good coaches can adjust and adapt. He is showing he can’t. If he can’t adjust his system to the hand he’s dealt then how can we expect him to ever make decent halftime adjustments.

I don’t want him to run Mullen’s offense forever. I want him to run the offense that works with the personnel he has. If he figures it out or Cohen stays stupid then in 3 years that may be this IAmVerySmart 11 personnel shit. Right now it isn’t. Continuing to do it is futile. There is a reason we beat Kentucky. He adapted and ran several 2 TE sets. That has disappeared since.

FISHDAWG
10-21-2019, 07:17 AM
his play calling still sucks ... no gap there **

timotheus
10-21-2019, 07:28 AM
To sum up what 007 is saying, Mullen with his flaws did do big things here with some 2 and 3*'s because he can assess talent and adjust scheme to said Offensive talent. Joe, on the other hand cannot do these things because his thingy wont' work in the SEC unless he signs the same O lineman as Bama does. Let that soak in real good and mix with the fact that Joe struggles with the aspect of attacking a defensive weakness and here we are saying that we must continue to wait and get rid of the current players. What then happens after Joe signs all 5* players and does improve the talent level but still can't motivate em or look organized and physical?

BeastMan
10-21-2019, 07:40 AM

Playing hard used to be the standard

smootness
10-21-2019, 10:08 AM
Moorhead... Well. In year 1... 4-4 in the SEC and 8-4 in the regular season and is rebuilding the team from recruiting gaps.

Dude, you said we were going 11-1

Coach34
10-21-2019, 10:20 AM
Mullen’s last 4 years at State:

10-3
9-4
6-7
9-4
2018? The most talented roster we may have ever had

Thats what JoVester took over

msstate7
10-21-2019, 10:22 AM
I miss dancing rabbit and jarius in these threads telling me how dumb I was to doubt Moorhead. Those 2 cut tail and ran instead of admitting they were wrong.

Homedawg
10-21-2019, 10:25 AM
I miss dancing rabbit and jarius in these threads telling me how dumb I was to doubt Moorhead. Those 2 cut tail and ran instead of admitting they were wrong.

I endorse this message.....

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 10:30 AM

11-9 overall
5-9 vs P5 teams

Holy Shit

And Cohen sees this too. Even with his faults Cohen's a smart dude and he's not a pushover. The rumored "You need to start looking around." talk he gave Moorhead after Tennessee is not just about what Moorhead has put on the field just this season. Underachieving with the most talented roster in 20 years was a huge red flag for Cohen. This experiment is not working out and to many it is glaringly obvious.

Cooterpoot
10-21-2019, 10:34 AM
And Cohen sees this too. Even with his faults Cohen's a smart dude and he's not a pushover. The rumored "You need to start looking around." talk he gave Moorhead after Tennessee is not just about what Moorhead has put on the field just this season. Underachieving with the most talented roster in 20 years was a huge red flag for Cohen. This experiment is not working out and to many it is glaringly obvious.

So smart Morris and Pruitt were his next guys. People can stop with the assumptions he?s some brilliant guy. He?s not. Not in that AD seat anyway. He?s an over thinker just like he was in the dugout a lot of times.

DeputyDawg94
10-21-2019, 10:59 AM
Rick Ray’s teams played hard to. It was nice to see the team step up and play harder but those stats are freaking awful.

bluelightstar
10-21-2019, 11:04 AM
Rick Ray’s teams played hard to. It was nice to see the team step up and play harder but those stats are freaking awful.

And LSU couldn't have cared less about that game. We had 7 points until the last drive of the game. And we're talking about how much effort we played with. Good Lord, we've become Indiana.

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 11:04 AM
So smart Morris and Pruitt were his next guys. People can stop with the assumptions he?s some brilliant guy. He?s not. Not in that AD seat anyway. He?s an over thinker just like he was in the dugout a lot of times.

If he's smart enough to realize Joe's not cutting it and gets rid of him before we completely tank the program I'll take a heartfelt mea culpa if we can hire a much better fit.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-21-2019, 11:15 AM

Kind of like when SEC coaches used to say Croom was "doing it the right way" after they beat his ass.

Really Clark?
And LSU couldn't have cared less about that game. We had 7 points until the last drive of the game. And we're talking about how much effort we played with. Good Lord, we've become Indiana.

Indiana is 5-2 and averaging 27.5 points per game in conference games...they’ve surpassed us

Todd4State
If he's smart enough to realize Joe's not cutting it and gets rid of him before we completely tank the program I'll take a heartfelt mea culpa if we can hire a much better fit.

Cohen is smart enough to do what he is told. I think he is anyway.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2019, 11:19 AM
Kind of like when SEC coaches used to say Croom was "doing it the right way" after they beat his ass.

Exactly

CadaverDawg
10-21-2019, 11:20 AM
Playing hard used to be the standard

Yep

CadaverDawg
10-21-2019, 11:24 AM
He wasn't HIRED to run the Mullen offense. And HE ISN'T going to... Thank God.

Yeah, who wants a bunch of good offenses that played to our strengths when we can have a 100th ranked shit fest of an offense that is a few dancing bears short of being a circus?

You could not sound more stupid if you tried.

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 11:26 AM
Cohen is smart enough to do what he is told. I think he is anyway.

And I think it's safe to say he is being told A LOT lately. This is a shit show.

TrapGame
10-21-2019, 11:29 AM

I had an om fan tell me back in 2008 that Croom was a great guy and a decent coach. He was going to get MSU somewhere. After the 2009 Egg Bowl he told me "That Mullen is a son of a bitch!".

PMDawg
10-21-2019, 11:54 AM

I wish I could rep you for this, but I can't.

Coursesuper
10-21-2019, 12:15 PM
And I think it's safe to say he is being told A LOT lately. This is a shit show.

The thing is, who is he actually listening to among those that are doing the talking.

trojandawg
10-21-2019, 01:05 PM
i've come to the conclusion 007 would rather Mississippi State suck than admit he is wrong about Moorhead and Mullen.

timotheus
10-21-2019, 03:51 PM

Hell, we can't beat Indiana this year.