PDA

View Full Version : So much for the media pass on our coaching situation

Coach34
10-20-2019, 05:24 PM
http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

RocketDawg
10-20-2019, 05:33 PM
Woulda thought Lovie would have moved off the #1 spot after beating Wisconsin yesterday. Sometime that list isn't up to date, regardless of the date at the top of their page.

Is Moorhead really at $4M? I thought it was something like $3.2M this year.

redstickdawg
10-20-2019, 05:39 PM
That list os questionable with Kirby Smart at #10, he had UGA in the NC game 2 years ago, who has done better there in the last 35 years? I see several of our foes on the list and the only one that JoMo is almost certain to beat this year is Morris at Ark. How is Willie Taggert not #1?

RocketDawg
10-20-2019, 05:47 PM
That list os questionable with Kirby Smart at #10, he had UGA in the NC game 2 years ago, who has done better there in the last 35 years? I see several of our foes on the list and the only one that JoMo is almost certain to beat this year is Morris at Ark. How is Willie Taggert not #1?

Richt had a good record at Georgia too and they ran him off. They want Saban-level perfection. Losing to SC was a huge deal.

If FSU doesn't fire Taggert, then Joe should be firmly entrenched with us. Taggert may have inherited a bit of a mess from Bubba Jimbo, but not that big of a mess.

hacker
10-20-2019, 05:48 PM
it's not updated for this week yet

vv83
10-20-2019, 05:51 PM
We play 3, 8, 9, 23, and 25 on that list. 0-2 so far

Quaoarsking
10-20-2019, 05:55 PM
Well it sure would blow if Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee, USC, UCLA, and Texas A&M were all looking for a coach at the same time as us, or even half of those.

MD2020
10-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Well it sure would blow if Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee, USC, UCLA, and Texas A&M were all looking for a coach at the same time as us, or even half of those.

It happened almost similar with 6 SEC openings when Joe was hired. With the exception of Georgia and I think USC those positions were also open. Which is why I think we need to pull the trigger this year. Next year we'll definitely have other SEC openings as competition.

RocketDawg
10-20-2019, 06:23 PM
It happened almost similar with 6 SEC openings when Joe was hired. With the exception of Georgia and I think USC those positions were also open. Which is why I think we need to pull the trigger this year. Next year we'll definitely have other SEC openings as competition.

I think that's really a good point. I don't think A&M or Georgia are going to fire their coaches, and we woudn't want any of the others. If we're going to be hiring another coach, after this season is probably the best time.

NWADAWG
10-20-2019, 07:49 PM
I think that's really a good point. I don't think A&M or Georgia are going to fire their coaches, and we woudn't want any of the others. If we're going to be hiring another coach, by the end ofthis season is probably the best time.

Coaches won't talk to us before season end of the season but agents will. I hope all the dirty work gets started soon if not already.

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2019, 09:01 PM
He knows his time his short

Thick
10-20-2019, 09:08 PM
According to Coach007, Joe is here next year...confirmed!

Choctaw Dawg
10-20-2019, 09:12 PM
Rutgers already has figured out his buyout information, meaning they've already been in contact with Moorheads agent and both sides are interested.

Here's what is going to happen:

1) Even if Moorhead loses out he will be here another year, because remember, we are Mississippi State.
2) Moorhead heads to Rutgers when this year ends

offseason is gonna be interesting, Cohen better be prepared for whatever happens

defiantdog
10-20-2019, 09:44 PM
I still can?t believe what Bill Clark has done at UAB. Dude didn?t even have a program 3 years ago yet has an 11-3 record last year and 1 loss so far this year. Down right remarkable.