PDA

View Full Version : Introduction press conference quote

oldwave
10-20-2019, 01:41 PM
?First and foremost, I?d like to express my appreciation to Coach Mullen and his staff here. This wasn?t a job where we had to go in and bulldoze the dang house, tear up the foundation. The foundation is laid, the walls are up, we just have to add to it, so thanks to Dan Mullen and his staff.?
(It?s about the 9:00 mark of his comments)

I wish someone would ask him tomorrow to square this quote with his current position of the timely
?build? he refers to now. What changed so drastically??

R2Dawg
10-20-2019, 01:51 PM
It wasn't long after he said that, he said something about building something and changing the culture. Don't remember exactly when, but he said it.

Guess it is hard to admit that he broke our program and now he does have to rebuild it but that is half way where we are.

dawgday166
10-20-2019, 01:54 PM
It wasn't long after he said that, he said something about building something and changing the culture. Don't remember exactly when, but he said it.

Guess it is hard to admit that he broke our program and now he does have to rebuild it but that is half way where we are.

After the FL loss last year.

TrapGame
10-20-2019, 02:17 PM
After the FL loss last year.

Yep. Whipped at UK then losing to UF at home. It was at that point he started realizing he might be in over his head in the SEC. He had no answers other than "This is really a rebuild, the culture needs changing and good gosh you people demand so much as a program that has really accomplished so little."

R2Dawg
10-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Yep. Whipped at UK then losing to UF at home. It was at that point he started realizing he might be in over his head in the SEC. He had no answers other than "This is really a rebuild, the culture needs changing and good gosh you people demand so much as a program that has really accomplished so little."

Yeah that last part bringing up that we had won like one SEC title in school history pissed me off. Fact, yes but you don't insult Your school like that other than say it to make yourself look better. I guess that is when I put one foot out the door on Joe. Loser excuses started that early.

dawgday166
10-20-2019, 02:30 PM

That's pretty much exactly what he said. I put aside all that kinda crap from last year thinking ok, it's a learning experience for him. Didn't have high expectations this year but what we're getting ... is beyond terrible.

He just flat doesn't do his job unless the fanbase gets up in arms. There is no consistent "strain".