PDA

View Full Version : Assistants that have to go

1bigdawg
10-20-2019, 01:00 PM
While it may or may not be smart, Joe may make it another year. IF he does, some assistants need to pack.

Joey Jones - Special teams are sub-par. Not a great recruiter. The recruiting part should have been obvious as he left S Alabama with little talent.

Corey Bichey and the rest of the special teams staff. Bear Bryant used to say that S&C showed up in toughness and lack of injuries...

Marcus Johnson - I like the guy and he has recruited better, but our line is experienced, fairly talented and sucks.

The following coaches I am on the fence about.

Chris Marve - The "next assistant to become a head coach" has not impressed me with coaching the LBs nor with his recruiting.

Andrew Breiner - May be Moorhead's buddy, but our passing game is very subpar and I don't believe QB development has been great.

Feedback?

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2019, 01:03 PM
None of them are going anywhere except maybe Jones

ZedFedder
10-20-2019, 01:12 PM
Maybe it isn’t his fault because of the talent drop off, but Deke Adams hasn’t seemed to do much with the DL.

ScooterDog
10-20-2019, 01:39 PM
What Marcus Johnson is doing isn't working. Looks like to me he would change the BLOCKING SCHEMES!!

msbulldog
10-20-2019, 01:40 PM
Marcus Johnson has had to play mix and match because of injuries, a OL has to play together as a unit to develop consistencies.

msbulldog
10-20-2019, 01:43 PM
Chris Marve would look a lot better with Willie in there and a lack of depth because of Dan's neglect of recruiting LB's.

WinningIsRelentless
10-20-2019, 01:58 PM
What Marcus Johnson is doing isn't working. Looks like to me he would change the BLOCKING SCHEMES!!

You do realize the OC determines the blocking schemes they want to use? He?s just going with the orders he has been given. If you really nail down to the first issue on offense it?s the zone pass blocking scheme we us. Because every play for the most part has a pass in it the ol can?t fire off the ball.

War Machine Dawg
10-20-2019, 02:32 PM
You do realize the OC determines the blocking schemes they want to use? He?s just going with the orders he has been given. If you really nail down to the first issue on offense it?s the zone pass blocking scheme we us. Because every play for the most part has a pass in it the ol can?t fire off the ball.

Then why are we getting so many ineligible receiver downfield penalties? If the OL is pass blocking all the time, that shouldn't happen. They're firing off the ball to run, but because of the built in pass, they're getting caught run blocking because we're taking too long to make the pass read. And since they're firing off to run block, they aren't getting any push. It's awful coaching and an awful system. And it won't be fixed by firing Marcus Johnson, because it's Jughead's system. Until Jughead goes, nothing will change offensively.

MaroonFlounder
10-20-2019, 03:44 PM

Give me Marcus's recruiting and Hevesy's coaching, and the LOS would be a win in every game, offensively.

Jury is still out on Deke regarding the other side of the ball.

WinningIsRelentless
10-20-2019, 04:02 PM
Then why are we getting so many ineligible receiver downfield penalties? If the OL is pass blocking all the time, that shouldn't happen. They're firing off the ball to run, but because of the built in pass, they're getting caught run blocking because we're taking too long to make the pass read. And since they're firing off to run block, they aren't getting any push. It's awful coaching and an awful system. And it won't be fixed by firing Marcus Johnson, because it's Jughead's system. Until Jughead goes, nothing will change offensively.

Because they are floating downfield during the course of the play.

KOdawg1
10-20-2019, 04:17 PM
2 weeks ago, I would have said Fire Deke, but that group has been playing better.

Everyone affiliated with S&C should be gone. We are fat and slow.

Cooterpoot
10-20-2019, 04:36 PM
Marcus Johnson has had to play mix and match because of injuries, a OL has to play together as a unit to develop consistencies.

No he hasn’t. Other than a couple games he’s only missed one starter much. The tackles are the worst and neither have been out. The OL has gotten worse during the season.