PDA

View Full Version : Mark Richt

TrapGame
10-20-2019, 12:40 PM
Experienced head coach, loves the SEC, good recruiter. He would be a retread but compared to some flavor of the month OC/DC with zero head coaching experience it would be a win. I think this could be considered along the lines of hiring Jackie back in the day. We might could do better but we could do way worse too.

shoeless joe
10-20-2019, 12:46 PM
I don’t disagree

msbulldog
10-20-2019, 12:48 PM
I think that hire comes with some prestige!

TUSK
10-20-2019, 12:52 PM
I think that hire comes with some prestige!

But is it Worldwide Prestige?

dawgday166
10-20-2019, 12:56 PM
I think we need a coach with a hard edge to him. We have to not only be a tough team but a mean team too. That's not Richt.

ETA: Plus he under performed with elite talent. I wouldn't expect him to over perform with lesser talent ... which is something we need.

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2019, 01:02 PM
Sign me up

TrapGame
10-20-2019, 01:06 PM
I think we need a coach with a hard edge to him. We have to not only be a tough team but a mean team too. That's not Richt.

ETA: Plus he under performed with elite talent. I wouldn't expect him to over perform with lesser talent ... which is something we need.

Yep, the less with more angle crossed my mind.

CovertDawg
10-20-2019, 01:17 PM
Would be a safe pick but the Taxslayer Bowl would be the best he would ever do in Starkville. Same with Les Miles.

Hambone
10-20-2019, 01:30 PM
So he couldn’t win at Miami but he could here?

Here’s a new thought, let’s stop living in the past......

msbulldog
10-20-2019, 01:33 PM

Ya'll heard of him in Alabama Tusk, what else do you want?

CovertDawg
10-20-2019, 01:35 PM
So he couldn’t win at Miami but he could here?

Here’s a new thought, let’s stop living in the past......

And Manny is already taking heat for calling the Miami situation a rebuild in the press conference yesterday. Richt certainly did not have that program firing on all cylinders. And at Georgia he was the only SEC school in a state with a population of 10 million....they were always thought of as the sleeping giant that underachieved.

Bothrops
10-20-2019, 04:39 PM
Mark Richt wouldn't win here.

redstickdawg
10-20-2019, 04:40 PM
Not no but HELL no, under achieved big time at UGA and had the tremendous potential at Mia, NO!

HoopsDawg
10-20-2019, 04:54 PM
He's better than Jovester but just barely.

Cooterpoot
10-20-2019, 05:17 PM
Washed up underachieving coach

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2019, 11:16 PM
Everyone acting like we can be picky. In all seriousness, who can win here? Mullen reached the peak here at MSU. Unfortunately that’s the way it’s going to be when you have Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M all recruiting better than you every single year.

Todd4State
10-21-2019, 12:31 AM
9-4, 10-3, and 7-6 = not being able to win at Miami?

Richt would be a GREAT fit for Mississippi State personality wise. He knows the SEC and how to win in the SEC. His career at Georgia is basically similar to what Kirby Smart has done thus far. I bet he would be OK bringing Todd Grantham back as well.

FISHDAWG
10-21-2019, 07:27 AM
Everyone acting like we can be picky. In all seriousness, who can win here? Mullen reached the peak here at MSU. Unfortunately that?s the way it?s going to be when you have Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M all recruiting better than you every single year.

exactly ... these folks saying no to Richt now would be toasting their asses off if we landed him later

Wade Garrett
10-21-2019, 07:56 AM

Boats and Ho’s

MrKotter
10-21-2019, 08:04 AM
exactly ... these folks saying no to Richt now would be toasting their asses off if we landed him later
Nope. We already have a do less with more coach. Do not need another

BrunswickDawg
10-21-2019, 08:34 AM
9-4, 10-3, and 7-6 = not being able to win at Miami?

Richt would be a GREAT fit for Mississippi State personality wise. He knows the SEC and how to win in the SEC. His career at Georgia is basically similar to what Kirby Smart has done thus far. I bet he would be OK bringing Todd Grantham back as well.

Mark Richt may be one of the most underappreciated coaches I can think of. The guy won. And - contrary to popular belief - UGA does not have some automatic right to 10-12 wins every year. Ray Goff and Jim Donnan are proof of that.
The only knock on him is that he couldn't win a NC. If 5 SEC East championships, 2 SEC Titles, and an ACC Title is underachieving, I'll take it.

That being said - he's done. I'd be shocked if he coached again.

TUSK
10-21-2019, 10:16 AM
Boats and Ho?s

Finally. +1

MedDawg
10-21-2019, 11:20 AM
Get well soon, Coach Richt

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ex-georgia-miami-coach-mark-richt-suffers-heart-attack-now-doing-fine/

FISHDAWG
10-21-2019, 11:46 AM
Nope. We already have a do less with more coach. Do not need another

we do not currently have, or ever had a coach that had on his resume what Richt has on his

trojandawg
10-21-2019, 12:59 PM
Experienced head coach, loves the SEC, good recruiter. He would be a retread but compared to some flavor of the month OC/DC with zero head coaching experience it would be a win. I think this could be considered along the lines of hiring Jackie back in the day. We might could do better but we could do way worse too.

i might would agree with you if Richt had showed some life at Miami. He just looks tired and worn down. i don't picture fired up disciplined coach when i think of him. I don't think of a coach that's going to instill a lot of get after it. I think that was part of his problem at UGA. He just cruised too much. UGA recruited itself, but he didn't get after it enough.