PDA

View Full Version : ''Improvement''

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2019, 11:37 AM
Moorhead knows his clock his ticking. He has never ever acted the way he did. Its a shame it took till this point for him to wake up. It is too little too late. I have defended him from the jump but after the Tennessee game, I am done. Nothing yesterday makes me change my mind. The offense, even with Schrader still put up less than 350 yards on a team that gave up 38 points to Vanderbilt. Did Vandy do it against backups and not starters? Yes. Has LSU improved on D since then? Maybe but its not by a whole lot. We called a timeout yesterday to run QB power on 3rd and 1. That is not a complicated decision. It is just a perfect example of how we have lost our identity. Defensively we still had more missed tackles than anyone in the country we all tackle so high and reach and grab. We are either selfish or uncoachable on defense.

If a 36-13 loss is improvement it just shows you how far we have let this thing drop. He always talks about building something, and thats great, but he walked into a solid foundation and good culture, (say what you want about Mullen but he played no shit and the culture was good) and has pretty much ran it into the gutter.

timotheus
10-20-2019, 11:55 AM
I expect the D to play as good as they can next week in college station. the question is can the O score more than 13. So far on the road JoMo has pretty much played dead so we shall see if he watches the um vs A&M film from last night and sees how to move the ball on jimbo.

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2019, 11:57 AM
I expect the D to play as good as they can next week in college station. the question is can the O score more than 13. So far on the road JoMo has pretty much played dead so we shall see if he watches the um vs A&M film from last night and sees how to move the ball on jimbo.

They are going to beat us by two scores

Jack Lambert
10-20-2019, 11:59 AM
The D has improved. They keep getting put into bad situations. They held LSU to three field goals the first three times they had the ball. Many of our D's in the past would have given up 21 points. I know the two true freshman in the back field got out of position twice and we got burned but no one thought we were gong to win the game anyways. Also take back the three turn overs and we have a real close games.

TrapGame
10-20-2019, 12:00 PM

The defense has actually improved some. That's a bright spot. The offense is sputtering. That's horrible for a guy that's considered an offensive savant.

timotheus
10-20-2019, 12:28 PM
They are going to beat us by two scores

Like I said, will he watch the film or just run what he wants to run? I think we already know the answer. I just thought I'd bring it up.

Todd4State
10-20-2019, 12:36 PM
Like I said, will he watch the film or just run what he wants to run? I think we already know the answer. I just thought I'd bring it up.

Joe: Wait- we’re allowed to watch film?**

timotheus
10-20-2019, 12:43 PM
He reminds me of a particular high school coached I knew a few years back. When he was asked about the upcoming opponents lack of stopping the dive play, he responded that he didn't pay much attention to the film. The he says that he can run whatever he wants, when he wants and be successful. It was all true but the part about being successful.

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2019, 12:45 PM
The D has improved. They keep getting put into bad situations. They held LSU to three field goals the first three times they had the ball. Many of our D's in the past would have given up 21 points. I know the two true freshman in the back field got out of position twice and we got burned but no one thought we were gong to win the game anyways. Also take back the three turn overs and we have a real close games.

Congrats we blew coverages and missed tackles that allowed them 9 points. Marked improvement over 21-0 within 5 minutes I guess.