PDA

View Full Version : metal building dawg

preachermatt83
10-27-2013, 01:18 PM
I don't always agree with him but he absolutely nailed it in his latest article on FWTCT regarding the gameday atmosphere at DWS. If you haven't read it you should.

Will James
10-27-2013, 01:55 PM
It's the absolute truth. When the atmosphere is better on the couch than in the stands it will lead to quiet empty stadiums.

I come to the games to have a place to be loud and aggressive. The target audience should be football fans, not your average family with a 2 4 and 6 year old. It is infuriating at times in the stands about how we run our atmosphere.

I hope we get the superconferences soon and do away with the 6-6 postseason rule and do away with playing shit teams. Sorry but the Alcorns, Troys, and BG's don't do it for me. I know we have to get the wins in the current setup. I know this. But the inevitableness of our football situation lately takes away much of the drama that fuels fandom.

Knowing that a team with a pulse will kill us makes it not enjoyable. Knowing that we will blast shitty teams is not really doing it. Playing shitty against shitty teams is frustrating. Knowing we would actually compete with big boys used to make those other games worth it, but the biggest thing for me regarding my enjoyment is the terribleness we have shown against big boys. Continuously failing against good teams has left me empty. With no drama/hope it's gotten to be "Well whats the point." That's what ultimately drives fandom: hope. Mullen has offered me no hope. Beating 4 goofballs, UK, and a down team(s) while getting whipped by anybody good is not enjoyable. Let's beat somebody these next 2 games. Lets stay on the same field as Bama. Lets upset the Bears. Just give me SOMETHING Mullen. Because right now my hope is in Lafayette Louisiana.

Oh yeah, original topic. Atmosphere. No hope COMBINED with a shitty atmosphere has me looking forward to the road Saturdays and feeling dragged to do my part in the stadium. Give the students hope, give them a badass atmosphere, and they will stay. Oh and frat row bands cannot start until 1030, while bars open till 2 can't hurt.

I think a lot of people share these feelings. The Bear success is not helping the situation.

bully99
10-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Problem I have is if you're gonna write a column on a so called mainstream website you should put your name on it. That should not be a message board anonymous person type of thing.

FlabLoser
10-27-2013, 02:18 PM
The atmosphere has steadily gotten worse the last 2 years for reasons we all understand. But I'm telling you guys it was a hell of a lot better A/V-wise on Thursday. The game sucked ass, which trumped what the A/V was doing. But the A/V did everything right on Thursday. Yeah as always, I would have liked less commercials. Other than that, they did everything right.

The Croom Diaries
10-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Preacher matt - you don't always agree with me? What??? Ha

Will- totally agree on catering to the casual fans instead of the true fans. It's a shame.

Bully99- I don't put my name on it because I am a fan just like you. I get paid very very little to write, about enough to take my wife on a date once a month and that's it. If I was making a living or tying to get into journalism then I would use my real name but I'm not. I write a lot of controversial topics and I'm not interested in having OM, Bracky or anyone else know who I am. For many other bloggers, they don't want to have things mixed in with their real job. If you tried you could pretty easily find out who I am, but I'll just leave that to anyone who cares enough. There are a number of secondary reasons as well for using a handle but I won't bore you any further.

Flab - I agree for the most part on Thursday. The timing of commercials was better although there are still way too many, however I understand the contracts are still in place with those sponsors. But the music is still terrible as I described in the article. And all this should be hammered on over and over until it is changed.