PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead deserves ___ more years to get this right.

cheewgumm
10-20-2019, 11:12 AM
What is your opinion?

Me
- if we win 6, he gets next year.
- if we win 5 or less, cut bait.

dawgday166
10-20-2019, 11:13 AM
He deserves -1 and 7/12 years. Then maybe last year's team would do what it should've done.

Cut bait regardless IMO.

timotheus
10-20-2019, 11:17 AM
If he loses to the swine this year, he may be cut loose but that's about it for now.

TrapGame
10-20-2019, 11:19 AM
If he can't beat Arkansas and ole miss in their conditions it's time to go. This is not a gd rebuild where Tennessee, Arkansas and ole miss are more improved than we are.

cheewgumm
10-20-2019, 11:20 AM
I forgot the Arkansas litmus year. If he loses that, he should be let go after the game... just walk away and don?t look back.

MetEdDawg
10-20-2019, 11:22 AM
He deserves 5 more games.

This team wasn't supposed to be world beaters but 5 wins is a tough sell for me.

Get us to 6-6 and he can stay. But I do need to hear some things from him regarding changes that will occur if he stays. We have a lot to address culturally as a program.

trob115
10-20-2019, 11:22 AM
He should be gone at the end of this year , so ZERO.

dawgday166
10-20-2019, 11:23 AM
He deserves 5 more games.

This team wasn't supposed to be world beaters but 5 wins is a tough sell for me.

Get us to 6-6 and he can stay. But I do need to hear some things from him regarding changes that will occur if he stays. We have a lot to address culturally as a program.

And he created all of it ... regardless of the used car salesman BS he spews.

defiantdog
10-20-2019, 11:25 AM
We won't win 6 games..... at the beginning of the season, I thought we'd get 7 wins but that's gone. How we are playing, I don't see us beating Arkansas @ Arkansas. We are a 5 win team at best right now.

MetEdDawg
10-20-2019, 11:27 AM
And he created all of it ... regardless of the used car salesman BS he spews.

No one questions that. The question is does he recognize it and have the ability to make changes.

Obviously he is the one that made the changes. Does he have the ability to say I was wrong, I need to fix what I thought and direct some changes to address issues we've had.

We will find that out over the next 5 weeks.

Todd4State
10-20-2019, 11:31 AM
Zero. Once you lose control of the team it’s impossible to get it back.

dawgday166
10-20-2019, 11:32 AM
No one questions that. The question is does he recognize it and have the ability to make changes.

Obviously he is the one that made the changes. Does he have the ability to say I was wrong, I need to fix what I thought and direct some changes to address issues we've had.

We will find that out over the next 5 weeks.

So what did you hear in yesterday's PC?

What I heard was we're all a bunch of dumbasses if we can't see we're better off now than 2 years ago and it takes time to build something from scratch ... so get over yourselves.

I still go back to all of a sudden he's fired up and it's really due to the fanbase. He didn't change shit or get tough after the KSU game which is why we got the AU & TN games. Any good coach would've cracked the whip after the KSU game.

I think he'll always relax if he ain't feeling too much fanbase heat or job insecurities.

HoopsDawg
10-20-2019, 11:37 AM
He doesn't deserve anything. He's already been paid millions.

Dental Dawg33
10-20-2019, 11:40 AM
Look competent at ATM, beat Upig, ACU, OM to keep the bowl streak alive and get a W in bowl game I’ll give you next year.
Anything less than 6 wins regular season, bye

KOdawg1
10-20-2019, 11:41 AM
If he gets to 6 this year, he gets one more year under the condition that staff changes need to be made. Specifically S&C and Special Teams.

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2019, 11:44 AM
Win 6 or go to Rutgers

Quaoarsking
10-20-2019, 11:45 AM
Even if he's 6-6, there's no point in bringing him back. It's too late.

Hopefully he'll take the Rutgers (or another) job.

MetEdDawg
10-20-2019, 11:51 AM
So what did you hear in yesterday's PC?

What I heard was we're all a bunch of dumbasses if we can't see we're better off now than 2 years ago and it takes time to build something from scratch ... so get over yourselves.

I still go back to all of a sudden he's fired up and it's really due to the fanbase. He didn't change shit or get tough after the KSU game which is why we got the AU & TN games. Any good coach would've cracked the whip after the KSU game.

I think he'll always relax if he ain't feeling too much fanbase heat or job insecurities.

Here's what I will say. Do you think he just randomly says rebuild? Do you think that's just some fancy term he's using to absolve himself?

I highly doubt it. I have to imagine the roster was looked at and we saw a period of down years where we might struggle because of roster limitations. Last year wasn't one of those years, but I think it's glaringly obvious this year and next year, as far as experience, talent, and depth, are below, if not well below, what we are used to.

Mullen left us with a pretty big void of talent and depth at a number of positions. I have to think Cohen told Moorhead he would get 3 years to turn this roster around and I would imagine they've talked about it numerous times. So I'm not going to put rebuild all on Moorhead because I have to think Cohen used that specifically when futurecasting our football team.

I would also imagine neither of them thought we would be here 7 games into year 2 with 10 suspensions, a true freshman QB, and replacing half our on field staff from last year.

dawgday166
10-20-2019, 11:54 AM
Here's what I will say. Do you think he just randomly says rebuild? Do you think that's just some fancy term he's using to absolve himself?

I think what he says is calculated to resell himself to us. His pedigree isn't that extensive. He sold himself to Cohen and he's selling himself to us.

Coursesuper
10-20-2019, 11:55 AM
Zero. Once you lose control of the team it?s impossible to get it back.

Todd haven?t you heard, there is no problem in the locker room. Double Naught says so therefore it?s the gospel.

Todd4State
10-20-2019, 12:05 PM
Even if he's 6-6, there's no point in bringing him back. It's too late.

Hopefully he'll take the Rutgers (or another) job.

Exactly. At MSU we wait too long typically to do what should be done immediately. We give way too many chances for failure and it has only worked maybe once under Jackie. We waited too long with Jackie and too long with Dan- we would be much better off calling his bluff in 2015 and forcing his ass to Maryland. Instead we kept him for two more years and allowed recruiting to suffer. Probably should have fired Croom after 2006 as well.

Todd4State
10-20-2019, 12:06 PM
Todd haven?t you heard, there is no problem in the locker room. Double Naught says so therefore it?s the gospel.

Oh my bad. Ten year contract with 30 million buyout!**

Todd4State
10-20-2019, 12:09 PM
I think what he says is calculated to resell himself to us. His pedigree isn't that extensive. He sold himself to Cohen and he's selling himself to us.

Personally I think he’s selling himself to Rutgers. At least to a degree. Which is honestly fine by me. Personally I think he’s gone after the season anyway whether we “fire” him or not.

timotheus
10-20-2019, 12:18 PM
the only reason for the antimated emotional press conference is simply that intellectuals hate being questioned. He may well can beat Jimbo next week and then on to the swine and abilene.

Todd4State
10-20-2019, 12:27 PM
the only reason for the antimated emotional press conference is simply that intellectuals hate being questioned. He may well can beat Jimbo next week and then on to the swine and abilene.

Have you seen how prepared we have been on the road? Joe will probably get scared by the male cheerleaders (not Stricklin) waving towels at us.

timotheus
10-20-2019, 12:31 PM
Man I'm just trying to be positive. Maybe he yells all week as he did to the press and gets the O line to hold their blocks.

Coach007
10-20-2019, 01:27 PM
Zero. Once you lose control of the team it?s impossible to get it back.

He hasn't. LMAO! THat locker room is NOT what you guys are spouting. It's the opposite.

Moorhead will get another year, deserves another year. If the product does not improve, a parting of ways may happen then.

Coursesuper
10-20-2019, 01:29 PM
Oh my bad. Ten year contract with 30 million buyout!**

Now your thinking!

R2Dawg
10-20-2019, 01:40 PM
What is your opinion?

Me
- if we win 6, he gets next year.
- if we win 5 or less, cut bait.

6-6 and I can give him one more year but we have to be better next year. Inept O for 2 years with what we had is not acceptable from an offensive genius. He has used the Croom playbook. Croom blamed 08 on all the injuries and suspensions, it takes time to build a championship program, etc. His program yes but MSU winning program, nah we had that when Joe got here. Croom had an excuse for 3 years, Joe doesn't. If Joe will not change any coaches this year then he is no better than Croom, we'll see.

R2Dawg
10-20-2019, 01:45 PM

Yep his anger wasn't at his teams performance, it was leadership and fanbase questioning his intelligence that he knows what he is doing. Joe wasn't mad that the team is not performing.

Same as Croom. Poor Croom just didn't have any support. Now Joe doesn't have any support.

First thing to learn as SEC HC, Trust me doesn't work for years; maybe weeks or few months; it is show me. Croom was saying trust me after 5 years, Joe now saying trust me after 2 years. Returning to dark ages of football is not what MSU fans can take after the last 10 with the team he inherited.

1bigdawg
10-20-2019, 02:11 PM
Exactly. At MSU we wait too long typically to do what should be done immediately. We give way too many chances for failure and it has only worked maybe once under Jackie. We waited too long with Jackie and too long with Dan- we would be much better off calling his bluff in 2015 and forcing his ass to Maryland. Instead we kept him for two more years and allowed recruiting to suffer. Probably should have fired Croom after 2006 as well.

Jackie is not a good comparison. He inherited "Tech and 10," not 8 straight bowl teams.

Dawgology
10-20-2019, 05:02 PM
If he goes 6-7 or less I just don?t see anything positive beyond making back to a bowl game (which is still important but it?s a losing record). 7-6 he deserves one more year with no extension. If he manages to beat Tamu, Ark, UM, and Abilene and wins a bowl to finish 8-5 then he deserves another year along with an extension. That would be progress.

Thick
10-20-2019, 05:11 PM
From what I have witnessed the last few weeks, OM is getting better plus AR is on the road. I “think” we can beat AR, but I think OM can beat us. I know, “but OM can’t pass the ball”. Well, we can’t cover anybody and our safeties are terrible, so I think they can pass on us. They are a lot more physical then we are as a whole, and our front 7 will struggle with their backs then toss in Plumlee and the Egg could be very disheartening.

DeputyDawg94
10-20-2019, 05:14 PM

Coach007
10-20-2019, 06:10 PM
Wish in one hand piss in the other..... see which fills up the fastest. Moorhead WILL get another season. Already confirmed. And with recruiting plans and execution, you are looking at 2 years.

RocketDawg
10-20-2019, 06:32 PM
Look competent at ATM, beat Upig, ACU, OM to keep the bowl streak alive and get a W in bowl game I?ll give you next year.
Anything less than 6 wins regular season, bye

That sounds reasonable, but may be hard to attain. I think OM is going to be hard to beat this year. They're better than I thought - not much, but better.

R2Dawg
10-20-2019, 06:54 PM
If our OL don't improve, we lose to OM. With Shrader and company if we get decent blocking we can score enough to win but if they stuff us like all have done lately, egg will go back to Oxford.

cheewgumm
10-20-2019, 07:00 PM
He?ll probably get one more year unless we go Abilene and 4. Then I?d fire him hit Cohen May not. He?s a coach too after all, so will think the fans ?just don?t get it?.

People can say ?the decision is already done and he stays regardless?, but the pressure will intensify of that happens. Things change with pressure and if we end up being Arkansas? first sEC win in 20 tries ( or whatever), then it?s gonna get hot.

The one good thing for Moorhead is it will quickly turn into nobody caring anymore so there will be less complaining.

Lord McBuckethead
10-20-2019, 07:47 PM
If he gets to 6 this year, he gets one more year under the condition that staff changes need to be made. Specifically S&C and Special Teams.

I would disagree. The number 1 thing that needs to change is his management of the offense first.
Get an offensive coordinator to run the offense and call plays.
Let JoMo be the head coach. Over the OC and DC. Seems to me he is squarely on the offensive side of the ball. Time for him to move beyond an OC and be our HC. That is the number 1 change. That may allow him to control the entire team the way it needs to be.

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2019, 09:02 PM
He hasn't. LMAO! THat locker room is NOT what you guys are spouting. It's the opposite.

Moorhead will get another year, deserves another year. If the product does not improve, a parting of ways may happen then.

You have fought a good fight, I respect that. I was for him too, its tough to admit when you are wrong I know but me you and Cohen were on this one. Its time to rethink your stance man dont die alone on that hill

Really Clark?
10-20-2019, 09:17 PM
Wish in one hand piss in the other..... see which fills up the fastest. Moorhead WILL get another season. Already confirmed. And with recruiting plans and execution, you are looking at 2 years.

Not true. The already confirmed mantra you keep spewing to make readers believe you have a source (honestly I don’t think there is a poster on this site that ignorant), is just false. It’s already been discussed if he goes 4-8. Now if they pull the trigger, I don’t know but he is not confirmed coming back next season no matter what happens this season. Those discussion are taking place.

RougeDawg
10-20-2019, 09:38 PM
SloMo the clown is already 7 games past needing to be gone. After what he did last year with a top 20 team. He is on borrowed time. Any more times he is the coach is lost time.

maroonmania
10-20-2019, 10:13 PM
Jackie is not a good comparison. He inherited "Tech and 10," not 8 straight bowl teams.

Yep, Moorhead is just totally torking off the entire fanbase spouting that "rebuild" garbage. Now this year was going to be a bit of a dip after the high part of the cycle we SHOULD have had last year. But even this year, there is enough talent on hand to at least have won 7 to 8 games.

Bdawg
10-21-2019, 12:15 AM

I highly doubt it. I have to imagine the roster was looked at and we saw a period of down years where we might struggle because of roster limitations. Last year wasn't one of those years, but I think it's glaringly obvious this year and next year, as far as experience, talent, and depth, are below, if not well below, what we are used to.

Mullen left us with a pretty big void of talent and depth at a number of positions. I have to think Cohen told Moorhead he would get 3 years to turn this roster around and I would imagine they've talked about it numerous times. So I'm not going to put rebuild all on Moorhead because I have to think Cohen used that specifically when futurecasting our football team.

I would also imagine neither of them thought we would be here 7 games into year 2 with 10 suspensions, a true freshman QB, and replacing half our on field staff from last year.

I agree with most everything here. The first year was ready to win, but his offensive scheme just didn't mesh. This year we have a totally different roster with qb changes, OL struggles and injuries, plus the suspensions. Although I'm still mad about last year, this year is a different animal. I think things could be better if our OL isn't getting hurt every freaking game and also just playing better overall.

wild_dawg
10-21-2019, 07:52 AM
I'll give him another year at 6-6, while its below where we should be this year, its hard to fire a coach going 6-6 in a "rebuilding year". Anything less, I would cut ties. Even at 6-6, if Rutgers comes calling, I wouldn't put up a fight to keep him.