PDA

View Full Version : Looking back at the stats from yesterday

starkvegasdawg
10-20-2019, 10:36 AM
I'd say we did as well as could be expected against #2 in the nation. I can't really complain about too much. Biggest gripe was not trying to score before half. To me that was a mail it in move by the staff. But onto the key stats. Our numbers are listed first.

Rush 102 86
Pass 238 327
Total 340 413
TO 3 0 (although one INT was just a great effort on LSU's part)
3rd down 3/12 3/11
Penalties 13/109 7/88 (some of ours were questionable at best and absolute drive killers)

Other positives. Guidry seemed to limit his drops. I didn't see nearly as many missed tackles. I actually saw some effort and fire in our players.

We were just killed by penalties and a busted coverage right after we scored that led to a LSU touchdown. Could just feel the air sucked out of the stadium after that.

Not saying we win, but I would have liked to have seen the outcome of the game had we not had what looked to me like a very questionable offensive PI called when we were driving and us not bust that coverage after we scored. If we score on that drive and not let LSU score that drive (lot of theoreticals l, I know) then the score is 29-20 and who knows how it all plays out.

TNDawg35
10-20-2019, 10:41 AM
I’m overall happy with the way we played. Some bullshit penalty’s killed us, but some of those were phantom calls. Schrader looked good. Kylin is still ***** ass Kylin. I want to see more Gibson and Witherspoon. Guidry looked better, the D looked better besides the break downs. Overall better than what I expected against a very very good LSU team. We play that way against OM and Ark we win.

Oh and A&M looked horrible last night. Mond sucks. If OM would have settled on one QB they beat them. Rich killed any kind of mojo they had on O... I just wonder if they are trying to keep Corrall from transferring reason they are playing him.

Coach007
10-20-2019, 10:42 AM
Yep. That bothered me too. Play every second.

What bothered me more were to 2 penalties that were horrible calls back to back that put LSU in our redzone.

What I am excited about is the future. Lots of young talent showed up yesterday

Coach34
10-20-2019, 10:43 AM
We got 70 of those yards on that last garbage drive to make them look more respectable. We had barely over 200 yards entering the 4th Q down 36-7.

TrapGame
10-20-2019, 10:50 AM
We got 70 of those yards on that last garbage drive to make them look more respectable. We had barely over 200 yards entering the 4th Q down 36-7.

Exactly. But let's dress this whore up like a lady.

Coach007
10-20-2019, 11:00 AM
Exactly. But let's dress this whore up like a lady.

I don't give a damn when the TRUE FRESHMEN got them. He got them. He completed 61% of his passes. Moorhead will be here another year. And yes. This is a rebuild year

cheewgumm
10-20-2019, 11:10 AM
Why only one more year? It seems unfair to give him one year to rebuild.

TrapGame
10-20-2019, 11:11 AM
I don't give a damn when the TRUE FRESHMEN got them. He got them. He completed 61% of his passes. Moorhead will be here another year. And yes. This is a rebuild year

You're delusional.

dawgday166
10-20-2019, 11:12 AM
Why only one more year? It seems unfair to give him one year to rebuild.

Awww ... 007 said this year was 11-1. So now he saying next year we'll be good. But then, there'll be more excuses then it will be the next year, same thing the next year, same thing ...

It goes on and on and on like the EverReady Bunny.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-20-2019, 11:23 AM
Yep. That bothered me too. Play every second.

What bothered me more were to 2 penalties that were horrible calls back to back that put LSU in our redzone.

What I am excited about is the future. Lots of young talent showed up yesterday
If you're going to shit can him next, might as well do it this year.