PDA

View Full Version : Wonder of Joe could have brought Brady with him

Irondawg
10-19-2019, 11:29 PM
Instead of Breiner or Getsy - Imagine the potential difference that could have made.

Moorhead can say it's similar offenses all day but LSU's play design and execution looked light years better than ours.

hacker
10-19-2019, 11:31 PM
Brady learned it from Moorhead at Penn State.

Coach007
10-19-2019, 11:34 PM
Instead of Breiner or Getsy - Imagine the potential difference that could have made.

Moorhead can say it's similar offenses all day but LSU's play design and execution looked light years better than ours.

Look at their recruiting over the past 5 years. Stars at QB, WR and OL. We have a true freshman and almost all the same wrs Mullen recruited peopled complained about.

Irondawg
10-19-2019, 11:38 PM
Yes LSU has some more highly rated guys and Burrow is really, really good. I'm talking pure play design - there's simply looked better. They created mis-matches or blown coverages. They adjusted to blitzes and had hot reads. I know better players makes everything look better, but they've had less time in the system than most of our players and look much less confused than we do.

Todd4State
10-19-2019, 11:42 PM
They’re more similar to Sean Payton and the Saints than Joe’s offense. The RPO’s are from Joe though.

I would love to have Brady just because he could add what he learned at LSU with Joe’s offense.

msstate7
10-19-2019, 11:44 PM
They’re more similar to Sean Payton and the Saints than Joe’s offense. The RPO’s are from Joe though.

I would love to have Brady just because he could add what he learned at LSU with Joe’s offense.

Yep. Look like a college version of the saints... even have a #9 running the show

Coach007
10-20-2019, 12:20 AM
Yes LSU has some more highly rated guys and Burrow is really, really good. I'm talking pure play design - there's simply looked better. They created mis-matches or blown coverages. They adjusted to blitzes and had hot reads. I know better players makes everything look better, but they've had less time in the system than most of our players and look much less confused than we do.

So do we... However, sometimes WRs don't seem to get it. Stevens last week for example. Moved out of the RPO, put Hill in protection with audible and the WR didn't get it the memo.

yjnkdawg
10-20-2019, 08:51 AM

Brady is a key part of it, but Burrow is a 5th year senior who loves this offense and excels in it. He is a leader, who all of the offense respects and believes in, and he has some young talented wide receivers. This is the offense he ran in high school, and he and Brady mesh together really well. Burrow can adjust, read a defense and go through all of his progressions. If he was still a Miles LSU type quarterback he would be wasted, with his skill set, and probably be known as just being another LSU quarterback.

MarketingBully
10-20-2019, 09:11 AM
If Joe stayed but hired Brady for $1.5 million as our OC I’d get behind that.

TrapGame
10-20-2019, 09:40 AM
If Joe stayed but hired Brady for $1.5 million as our OC I’d get behind that.

And hire a hard ass S&C coach. Tougher practices. Fire Joey Jones. And Joe has to let Brady run the OC. He needs to be the CEO.

HoopsDawg
10-20-2019, 09:51 AM
Brady learned it from Moorhead at Penn State.

Brady was a grad assistant at Penn State for 2 years under James Franklin. Moorehead was the OC 1 of those 2 years. I'm sure he picked up some things from Joe but that's not Joe's system that LSU runs.

TheLostDawg
10-20-2019, 10:07 AM
This is what I've been saying. People respond with LSU not letting that happen but if Moorhead stays that's what it's going to take.

defiantdog
10-20-2019, 10:23 AM
I don't see the offenses as similar at all. LSU doesn't take 40 seconds to snap a ball, they don't RPO 90% of the plays, and they don't run long developing plays for the other 10% of the time.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-20-2019, 11:28 AM
I don't see the offenses as similar at all. LSU doesn't take 40 seconds to snap a ball, they don't RPO 90% of the plays, and they don't run long developing plays for the other 10% of the time.

They were pretty much throwing to the flats and middle all day and turning them into plays because our defense looks like they are covered in canola oil trying to make a tackle.

MedDawg
10-20-2019, 11:56 AM

LSU has a LOT more good players than State.

MSU 247 roster
1 5 star (true freshman)
20 4 stars, only 3 rated better than .93 (1 of the 3 is a true freshman)

LSU 247 roster
7 5 stars
45 4 stars, 23 rated better than .93
and these don't include Burrow