PDA

View Full Version : Hud

DownwardDawg
10-19-2019, 09:33 PM
Would have been the most underwhelming hire possible last year. Would have went 10-2 and would be 5-2 this year. No doubt in my mind about it. Just sayin.

Cooterpoot
10-19-2019, 09:36 PM
Sigh....

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 09:36 PM
We can not hire anyone with any kind of NCAA baggage whatsoever now. We are on probation. If he had been our coach when it happened, it would have been worse. He will never be the coach at MSU.

HoopsDawg
10-19-2019, 09:39 PM
Sigh....

did you ever say who you wanted? We all know who you don't want...everyone.

msstate7
10-19-2019, 09:41 PM

Haha... this is the truth. Cooter says everyone sucks

DownwardDawg
10-19-2019, 09:42 PM
So we got Moorehead!! Awesome!!!
Not saying that’s who we should have hired, but damn we’d be in much better shape b

Cooterpoot
10-19-2019, 09:43 PM

I dont have a particular person. I just know I don’t want a CUSA or AAC coach.

HoopsDawg
10-19-2019, 09:44 PM
I dont have a particular person. I just know I don’t want a CUSA or AAC coach.

Oh I see. So you are in the Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops camp. Got it.

Cooterpoot
10-19-2019, 09:46 PM
Oh I see. So you are in the Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops camp. Got it.

Nope. But we hired the OC from the national champs. No reason we can’t make a similar hire.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 09:48 PM
So we got Moorehead!! Awesome!!!
Not saying that’s who we should have hired, but damn we’d be in much better shape b

I suggest you look at our past dealings with the NCAA. We get hammered worse than most. I don't know why, I just know it's fact. It's why I don't complain about Bracky.Had we been in UM's shoes this last time,it would have taken us 30 years to get over from what we would have got. It sucks, but it is what it is. We will never hire Hud as a head coach. I doubt he will ever be an assistant here again.

Cooterpoot
10-19-2019, 09:50 PM
Hud is right where he needs to be.

shoeless joe
10-19-2019, 09:56 PM
The list of who would have done a worse job with what jomo inherited is extremely short...Croom isn’t even on that list

HoopsDawg
10-19-2019, 09:58 PM
Nope. But we hired the OC from the national champs. No reason we can’t make a similar hire.

Dave Clawson is the only Power 5 coach that could make sense. So your list is Clawson + Power 5 coordinators?

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 09:58 PM
The list of who would have done a worse job with what jomo inherited is extremely short...Croom isn’t even on that list

Oh yes he is. Good grief folks. Don't let your misery turn you into idiots.

DownwardDawg
10-19-2019, 09:59 PM
Les Miles. Damn my list has changed after this shit show.

Cooterpoot
10-19-2019, 10:01 PM
Dave Clawson is the only Power 5 coach that could make sense. So your list is Clawson + Power 5 coordinators?

Nope. I said a similar hire. I didn’t say it had to be a P5 coordinator or P5 HC. You’re missing the point.

HoopsDawg
10-19-2019, 10:03 PM
Nope. I said a similar hire. I didn’t say it had to be a P5 coordinator or P5 HC. You’re missing the point.

I'm trying to understand who you would like to hire, but you clearly don't have a clue. That's fine, at least I know that now.

Todd4State
10-19-2019, 10:09 PM
The way our fans are talking about Hud is the same way LSU fans were talking about Ed Orgeron.

I’m not saying to hire HUD. But I am saying that we need to hire a guy that’s a head coach and not a X and O’s genius. I’d give a lot of BC money to have Hud, Will Hall, and Bob Shoop as our coordinators right now. Hire a coach to handle discipline recruiting and head coaching chores. Save on head coach salary by hiring lesser name or someone with some baggage. And then spend more and hire elite coordinators and let them do what they do best- call plays.

That’s why if I was Cohen I would try to hire Shane Beamer from Oklahoma. Knows the SEC and MSU. Has ties to MSU through his wife. Good recruiter. Good special teams coach and wouldn’t neglect it. Energetic person. Has been around Oklahoma and their offensive staff.

Cooterpoot
10-19-2019, 10:11 PM
I haven’t even thought about a specific coach. I’ll wait til we actually have a position open and whose available. No point in naming off guys yet. I just know I don’t want to settle for the easy hire. Being better than what we have shouldnt simply be the criteria. It should be much more.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 10:11 PM
The way our fans are talking about Hud is the same way LSU fans were talking about Ed Orgeron.

I’m not saying to hire HUD. But I am saying that we need to hire a guy that’s a head coach and not a X and O’s genius. I’d give a lot of BC money to have Hud, Will Hall, and Bob Shoop as our coordinators right now. Hire a coach to handle discipline recruiting and head coaching chores. Save on head coach salary by hiring lesser name or someone with some baggage. And then spend more and hire elite coordinators and let them do what they do best- call plays.

That’s why if I was Cohen I would try to hire Shane Beamer from Oklahoma. Knows the SEC and MSU. Has ties to MSU through his wife. Good recruiter. Good special teams coach and wouldn’t neglect it. Energetic person. Has been around Oklahoma and their offensive staff.

Ed O is a good coach, and always has been. I wish SC would have kept him. One more time, Hd is damaged goods. Y'all can forget that. It would be exactly like hiring Freeze.

shoeless joe
10-19-2019, 10:15 PM
Oh yes he is. Good grief folks. Don't let your misery turn you into idiots.

Facts don’t support your side of this argument. Which team had more talent? 07 or 18? Both won 8 games.

Todd4State
10-19-2019, 10:15 PM
Ed O is a good coach, and always has been. I wish SC would have kept him. One more time, Hd is damaged goods. Y'all can forget that. It would be exactly like hiring Freeze.

Not always as a head coach. Remember the 2007 Egg Bowl? Or his entire tenure at Ole Miss? He had to learn. There was a reason why USC didn’t want to hire him and why LSU wanted Herman over him. They kind of stumbled into something that works.

DownwardDawg
10-19-2019, 10:16 PM

Good analogy, but I’d hire Miles. Last year I would not have touched Miles.

DownwardDawg
10-19-2019, 10:18 PM

Lmao. He was a horrible coach. A joke. He learned and got much much better. He had USC headed in the right direction. He had ole miss headed right where I wanted them going.

TrapGame
10-19-2019, 10:19 PM

I can go with Beamer. I was impressed with him when he was here. He is the reason we beat ole miss in 2007. He told Pegues their return team was soft in the middle before the td return.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 10:20 PM
Facts don’t support your side of this argument. Which team had more talent? 07 or 18? Both won 8 games.

Revisionist crap at its finest. Were you alive then?

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 10:22 PM
Not always as a head coach. Remember the 2007 Egg Bowl? Or his entire tenure at Ole Miss? He had to learn. There was a reason why USC didn’t want to hire him and why LSU wanted Herman over him. They kind of stumbled into something that works.

SC has Helton...lol. O can coach. Most SC people wanted him, and the AD that didn't hire him isn't there now.

shoeless joe
10-19-2019, 10:24 PM
Revisionist crap at its finest. Were you alive then?

I sat thru every single game during the Croom era, most as a student so u can kiss my ass with that horseshit dodging of the question.

Which 8 win team had more talent? 07 or 18?

maroonmania
10-19-2019, 10:30 PM
I suggest you look at our past dealings with the NCAA. We get hammered worse than most. I don't know why, I just know it's fact. It's why I don't complain about Bracky.Had we been in UM's shoes this last time,it would have taken us 30 years to get over from what we would have got. It sucks, but it is what it is. We will never hire Hud as a head coach. I doubt he will ever be an assistant here again.

We get hammered more than most because most don't hand the NCAA the hammer to hit them over the head with. That is what we do by giving every bit of information about every violation we commit. OM in their case circled the wagons and made the NCAA scratch every piece of evidence they got. Every school that makes the NCAA come investigate to pin something on them comes out much better off.

Todd4State
10-19-2019, 11:00 PM
Good analogy, but I’d hire Miles. Last year I would not have touched Miles.

Miles would do well here. Probably similar to Sherrill without the questionable G5 losses.

I can go with Beamer. I was impressed with him when he was here. He is the reason we beat ole miss in 2007. He told Pegues their return team was soft in the middle before the td return.

I did not know that. That makes me even more impressed.

SC has Helton...lol. O can coach. Most SC people wanted him, and the AD that didn't hire him isn't there now.

O has always been a good DL coach. Head coach- not always.

We get hammered more than most because most don't hand the NCAA the hammer to hit them over the head with. That is what we do by giving every bit of information about every violation we commit. OM in their case circled the wagons and made the NCAA scratch every piece of evidence they got. Every school that makes the NCAA come investigate to pin something on them comes out much better off.

This is true and our AD needs to evaluate this in the offseason.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 11:02 PM
I sat thru every single game during the Croom era, most as a student so u can kiss my ass with that horseshit dodging of the question.

Which 8 win team had more talent? 07 or 18?

Oh, a youngster. You are excused for your ignorance then.

Cooterpoot
10-19-2019, 11:03 PM
Miles hasn’t done anything special at KS. He lost to Coastal Carolina for gods sake.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 11:25 PM
The one time we actually fought them, was the worst thing that ever happened to us. That is FACT. We are seen as a dirty program by the NCAA. We don't have billionaires who are good with bribing judges either, just saying.....

FriarsPoint
10-19-2019, 11:35 PM
The one time we actually fought them, was the worst thing that ever happened to us. That is FACT. We are seen as a dirty program by the NCAA. We don't have billionaires who are good with bribing judges either, just saying.....

That was 40 years ago. You don?t think things have changed since then? Circle the wagons.

shoeless joe
10-20-2019, 06:12 AM
Oh, a youngster. You are excused for your ignorance then.

So you’re not going to answer the question...that’s says it all

yjnkdawg
10-20-2019, 12:51 PM
Not always as a head coach. Remember the 2007 Egg Bowl? Or his entire tenure at Ole Miss? He had to learn. There was a reason why USC didn?t want to hire him and why LSU wanted Herman over him. They kind of stumbled into something that works.

Coach O's tenure as HC at OM helped him to learn from his mistakes there, and be a better coach. If he hadn't gotten Brady, and he had kept that old LSU offense, Burrow would probably just have been another game type manager LSU quarterback. Coach O knew he needed to get a more prolific offense to compete with the Bama's, etc.