PDA

View Full Version : UT hanging with Bama,,,

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 09:18 PM
But the SEC to the rescue with the targeting review on one of UT's best defenders,

Really Clark?
10-19-2019, 09:19 PM
That was pretty clear targeting

Coach007
10-19-2019, 09:20 PM
But the SEC to the rescue with the targeting review on one of UT's best defenders,

Refs did the same to Ms St in the first quarter. 2 penalties put them in the redzone.

Jack Lambert
10-19-2019, 09:24 PM
Refs did the same to Ms St in the first quarter. 2 penalties put them in the redzone.

I wish Miss State would show the replay of penalties on the Jumbo Tron more. They only showed one today. I wish I could have seen the offensive pass interference. It is hard to see when it is on our side line.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 09:25 PM
That was pretty clear targeting

What was the guy supposed to do? That rule is garbage. It's freaking tackle football. If you play, you are accepting the risk. If you don't want to, don't play.

TUSK
10-19-2019, 09:31 PM

Fact. However, they (the SEC) are at least trying to cover their tracks by making Bammer the most penalized team in the conference.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 09:33 PM
Fact. However, they (the SEC) are at least trying to cover their tracks by making Bammer the most penalized team in the conference.

I'd love to see a study over the last 10 years of penalties called on Bama, and for Bama, and thier impact on games.

Really Clark?
10-19-2019, 09:34 PM
What was the guy supposed to do? That rule is garbage. It's freaking tackle football. If you play, you are accepting the risk. If you don't want to, don't play.

It is the rule, whether you like it or not. The problem was the defender lead with his head and launched down. That is targeting. If he was going for a tackle and wrap up, no targeting. I’ve questioned a ton of these calls over the years but saw that one right off the bat

Rex54
10-19-2019, 09:37 PM
It is the rule, whether you like it or not. The problem was the defender lead with his head and launched down. That is targeting. If he was going for a tackle and wrap up, no targeting. I?ve questioned a ton of these calls over the years but saw that one right off the bat

You may be okay with that weak shit but I?m done with football. That one was an auto remote-off button.

tireddawg

Garbage time penalties. It is funny they think we wouldn't notice.

TUSK
I'd love to see a study over the last 10 years of penalties called on Bama, and for Bama, and thier impact on games.

Bama definitely gets the benefit of officiating most of the time. Can’t deny that.

I believe the impact on wins/losses is negligible.

Now pardon me while I hit the meth pipe, kick my dawg & choke my sister-cousin-wife because Tua is broke, again.

TUSK
10-19-2019, 09:39 PM
Garbage time penalties. It is funny they think we wouldn't notice.

You trying to update my sig, aren’t ya?*

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 09:40 PM
It is the rule, whether you like it or not. The problem was the defender lead with his head and launched down. That is targeting. If he was going for a tackle and wrap up, no targeting. I’ve questioned a ton of these calls over the years but saw that one right off the bat

It's still a garbage rule. Dude was just trying to make the tackle on a low player. There was no intent there. Again, the risk is implicit in the game. It ain't like people didn't know about it decades ago. Yet another thing the legal profession has ruined for its own gain.

Really Clark?
10-19-2019, 09:40 PM
You may be okay with that weak shit but I?m done with football. That one was an auto remote-off button.

That wasn’t weak. That is the targeting rule for the defenders safety to a T. It wasn’t about where he hit the receiver as much as leading with his head and launching into a player. I’ve seen 2 HS players break their neck doing that exact thing.

Really Clark?
10-19-2019, 09:44 PM
It's still a garbage rule. Dude was just trying to make the tackle on a low player. There was no intent there. Again, the risk is implicit in the game. It ain't like people didn't know about it decades ago. Yet another thing the legal profession has ruined for its own gain.

Again, that targeting call is strictly because of him launching and leading with his head. It was not just about where he hit the WR. If he had hit the receiver with his shoulder, there would have been no call. Or if there had been, I would 100% agree with you. The receiver went low and so did he. It was him leading with the head and launching that caused the targeting. And that call is strictly to protect the defender. If he had lead with his shoulder, no call.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 09:52 PM
Again, that targeting call is strictly because of him launching and leading with his head. It was not just about where he hit the WR. If he had hit the receiver with his shoulder, there would have been no call. Or if there had been, I would 100% agree with you. The receiver went low and so did he. It was him leading with the head and launching that caused the targeting. And that call is strictly to protect the defender. If he had lead with his shoulder, no call.

I ain't arguing it wasn't the correct call according to the rule. I'm arguing the RULE is garbage. The risk is implicit in the game. It's time to stop letting lawyers run the world.

Really Clark?
10-19-2019, 09:58 PM
I ain't arguing it wasn't the correct call according to the rule. I'm arguing the RULE is garbage. The risk is implicit in the game. It's time to stop letting lawyers run the world.

We just have to disagree with this one portion of the rule. I don’t like a lot of the targeting rules but what he did is the part that has to stay for defenders safety. I’ve seen 2 players break their necks doing almost that exact thing. Players are just too big and fast to lead and launch with the helmet in that fashion. This has nothing to do with the offensive player in this instance.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 10:08 PM
We just have to disagree with this one portion of the rule. I don’t like a lot of the targeting rules but what he did is the part that has to stay for defenders safety. I’ve seen 2 players break their necks doing almost that exact thing. Players are just too big and fast to lead and launch with the helmet in that fashion. This has nothing to do with the offensive player in this instance.

I ain't arguing it wasn't the correct call according to an absolute garbage rule. What he did wasn't the neck breaker. That is when the crown of the defenders helmet, the absolute crown, is the first contact. He didn't do that. That has always been illegal, it was called spearing. My old high school coach caught us doing it, he threatened to tie one end of a fishing line to our face mask, run it up over the top of our head, down our back, and tie the other end around our balls. That would keep your head up I think!

hacker
10-19-2019, 10:16 PM
Is it the LED lights that's making this game look like it's being filmed with an instagram filter?

hacker
10-19-2019, 10:19 PM
Also, Jim Chaney is an absolute unit. I'm in awe at the size of that guy.

TUSK
10-19-2019, 10:26 PM
Is it the LED lights that's making this game look like it's being filmed with an instagram filter?

I dunno what Instagram Filter is, but I had to quit watching it and am listening to it, instead. I think I got triggered!!!

msstate7
10-19-2019, 10:30 PM
WTF

starkvegasdawg
10-19-2019, 10:31 PM
Good to see the refs have their crimson undies on. No way that's a personal foul.

hacker
10-19-2019, 10:32 PM
Tennessee is getting ****ed by the refs just like we do when we play Bama. At least it's not just us.

maroonmania
Bama is the only team in the league that would have gotten that personal foul call. The Bama protection in the SEC continues.

West Tn Dawg
Good to see the refs have their crimson undies on. No way that's a personal foul.
It is if you're giving Bama a game! Always has been. It really is sad to watch!

msstate7
10-19-2019, 10:33 PM

If they called it unsportsmanlike, I wouldn't have agreed, but I can see that. PF though? Screw sec officials for just giving Bama another set of downs

West Tn Dawg
10-19-2019, 10:33 PM
Bama is the only team in the league that would have gotten that personal foul call. The Bama protection in the SEC continues.

With out a shadow of doubt!

DeputyDawg94
10-19-2019, 10:35 PM
There’s your annual “ let’s bail Bama out” call by the refs. If that was a foul the every pancake block ever is a foul.

Jack Lambert
10-19-2019, 10:36 PM
With out Tua Bama looks average.

hacker
10-19-2019, 10:37 PM
I like how the rules analyst came on to defend the call too. He's in on it.

Bdawg
10-19-2019, 10:37 PM
That was the weakest personal foul I believe I've ever seen. Did he brush the grass off his back too hard?? Screw that replay guy on tv too. What good is he if all he does is agree with the call on the field? Announcers were dead right on it being BS.

Jack Lambert
10-19-2019, 10:42 PM
I like how the rules analyst came on to defend the call too. He's in on it.

He doesn't want to lose his job. All it would take is Saban to make a call.

Jack Lambert
10-19-2019, 10:43 PM
That was the weakest personal foul I believe I've ever seen. Did he brush the grass off his back too hard?? Screw that replay guy on tv too. What good is he if all he does is agree with the call on the field? Announcers were dead right on it being BS.

I was asking my self how do you get up with out using your hands?

NWADAWG
10-19-2019, 10:45 PM

And just like that Bama goes from punting deep in their own territory to scoring. Bama and fans should be ashamed that this game is close enough that officials feel Bama needs help when they already have a talent advantage several times over.

Also, this Tenn team is playing like a team I'm not so ashamed to lose to.

hacker
10-19-2019, 10:46 PM

Irondawg
10-19-2019, 10:52 PM
The holding call on UT's offensive possession before was pretty suspect and it took them out of golden TD chance

hacker
10-19-2019, 11:04 PM
Welp

Really Clark?
10-19-2019, 11:05 PM
Pruitt is losing his mind

DeputyDawg94
10-19-2019, 11:06 PM
I 17ing hate football!!

TimberBeast
10-19-2019, 11:06 PM
Pruitt is as dumb as Moorhead. They tried to give us the game last week for 4 quarters and we couldn’t take it. You just saw what Tennessee is right there. Terrible.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 11:07 PM
Bama might would have rather that piece of luck occurred in a game they might have lost. Unreal. If Tua is done, so are that as far as a natty is concerned.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 11:08 PM
Pruitt is as dumb as Moorhead. They tried to give us the game last week for 4 quarters and we couldn?t take it. You just saw what Tennessee is right there. Terrible.

That wasn't ineptitude, that was bad luck. I agree they tried very hard to give it to us last week. That was one of our worst losses in years.

TimberBeast
10-19-2019, 11:11 PM
That wasn't ineptitude, that was bad luck. I agree they tried very hard to give it to us last week. That was one of our worst losses in years.

How was it bad luck?

hacker
10-19-2019, 11:11 PM
That was hilarious. And Pruitt is so mad he took Guarantano out of the game.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 11:19 PM
How was it bad luck?

A 100 yard fumble return? You are right, those happen in every game......lol.

TimberBeast
10-19-2019, 11:31 PM
A 100 yard fumble return? You are right, those happen in every game......lol.

That doesn’t make it bad luck. It was a terrible play by a terrible player and got blown up. That’s what happens when you’re not good.