Cooterpoot
10-19-2019, 03:25 PM
They?re very poorly coached.

dawgday166
10-19-2019, 03:26 PM
Have never been impressed with Johnson.

timotheus
10-19-2019, 04:23 PM
that is the lynch pin in this Offense- not enough time for the QB to check down due to Defense penetrating

Saltydog
10-19-2019, 04:24 PM
They've regressed, no doubt.

MetEdDawg
10-19-2019, 04:27 PM
Honestly I can't tell. Champion is terrible. Williams has been in and out with injury. Parker too. And I'm not sold on Eiland being an SEC LT. Group hasn't exactly gotten better but I'm not sure how much time they've been able to ply together as a starting 5

War Machine Dawg
10-19-2019, 05:23 PM
It's been a long time since I've seen an opponent's DL live on our side of the OL the way LSU has today. It's depressing to say the least. I feel bad for our RBs. They've had a defender in their faces basically as soon as they take the handoff from Shrader. Then we have fans who bitch about Hill. I can't imagine the numbers he'd put up if he played in a competent offense with an OL that actually blocks some people on occasion.

dawgday166
10-19-2019, 05:25 PM
It's been a long time since I've seen an opponent's DL live on our side of the OL the way LSU has today. It's depressing to say the least. I feel bad for our RBs. They've had a defender in their faces basically as soon as they take the handoff from Shrader. Then we have fans who bitch about Hill. I can't imagine the numbers he'd put up if he played in a competent offense with an OL that actually blocks some people on occasion.

The thing with Hill is ... he needs A LOT of blocking against good teams. Like no one around him type blocking. Think Trent Richardson.

HoopsDawg
10-19-2019, 05:29 PM
Honestly I can't tell. Champion is terrible. Williams has been in and out with injury. Parker too. And I'm not sold on Eiland being an SEC LT. Group hasn't exactly gotten better but I'm not sure how much time they've been able to ply together as a starting 5

Eiland plays RT.

As for Johnson, he didn't have a lot of experience before Joe Hired him.

dawgday166
10-19-2019, 05:31 PM
Eiland plays RT.

As for Johnson, he didn't have a lot of experience before Joe Hired him.

I was real concerned with this when it happened ... and it has shown up in spades.

timotheus
10-19-2019, 05:31 PM
some of it is coaching. the rest is conditioning and weight

Apoplectic
10-19-2019, 05:35 PM
I thot decent pass protection in second half

Saltydog
10-19-2019, 05:56 PM
Yeah but we should be running the ball better and we haven't been consistent doing that all year. That should've been our strength.

NCDawg
10-19-2019, 07:52 PM
The worst OL that I've seen at State in a long time.

Homedawg
10-19-2019, 08:00 PM

Well considering we shuffle every series when they are healthy, it shouldn't matter. And doing that my friend is, stupid.

Bdawg
10-19-2019, 09:58 PM
I think this is a HUGE problem with our O. If we can't run the ball with some consistency, we are totally screwed. And Hill is getting nothing to run through right now. I don't care what play a coach calls, if the guys up front can't push some people around or give the QB a little time, you can forget winning.

Also, Hill does need to learn to put his head down and get some tough in certain situations. He danced way to much today when there were some tough yards he could have gotten.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2019, 10:00 PM

We bitched about Heavesy, but one thing he could do, he coached up the guys he had. I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

HoopsDawg
10-19-2019, 10:01 PM
We bitched about Heavesy, but one thing he could do, he coached up the guys he had. I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

and he didn't rotate his guards and tackles.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-19-2019, 10:03 PM
Never thought I would see the day that a State OL pass blocked better than they run blocked.

Cooterpoot
10-19-2019, 10:05 PM
Never thought I would see the day that a State OL pass blocked better than they run blocked.

They don’t. Did you see last week? They just suck all the way around.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-19-2019, 10:08 PM
True dat. But this week they gave Shrader a little bit better protection. Not so much for Hill.

maroonmania
10-19-2019, 10:47 PM
Matt Wyatt pointed out that our longest run today from scrimmage was 11 yards. That is pathetic.

trojandawg
10-19-2019, 10:48 PM

The coaching and the scheme doesn?t work well for blocking dlines in the sec.

parabrave
10-19-2019, 10:56 PM
2 years ago when Eiland came in as a freshman and played when the LT got hurt he was dam impressive and alot of us couldn't wait to see him as a fulltime starter. Last year our OLine was supposed to be one of the best we have had. But if you go back to last year they regressed and Eiland was routinely getting beat on pass plays, players were often confused and out of position and just looked like a chinese fire drill. Most of this was due to being in a new system but still they never improved. This year the entire Oline just plain sucks. Conditioning is a big problem but the biggest problem is the total lack of coaching that they are getting. LSUs defense especially the run def isn't that good and GS and Hill should've had 100 yards each but KH was getting mugged in the backfield.

Todd4State
10-19-2019, 11:23 PM
Years of 2-3 star recruits catching up on us.