PDA

View Full Version : Our fan base has lost it?s collective minds

AlSwearengen
10-18-2019, 08:41 PM
If this board is any indication. Apparently most of ya?ll are as emotional as a ragging woman. If you compare the Mullen hire to the Moorhead hire, it wasn?t even close as far as response from media, coaches, etc. Everyone out there thought we had hit a 5 run grand slam with Moorhead and Cohen was a freaking genius for how he handled it. With Mullen, there was a lot of wait and see. Florida fans wanted his ass gone.

Bottom line is this. No one saw this coming from Moorhead, so blaming Cohen for this one is ridiculous. Blame him for Cannizaro or blame him for leading us to believe we were getting schlosnagle or McDonnel. We can discuss Lemonis in three or four years. But everyone was wrong about Moorhead.

And if you are happy about finebaum giving Cohen a hard time, you need to do some self evaluation. The MSU family should handle Cohen or Moorhead not Paul ****ing Finebaum. He is a piece of shit that has zero interest in seeing MSU succeed.

basedog
10-18-2019, 08:47 PM
If this board is any indication. Apparently most of ya?ll are as emotional as a ragging woman. If you compare the Mullen hire to the Moorhead hire, it wasn?t even close as far as response from media, coaches, etc. Everyone out there thought we had hit a 5 run grand slam with Moorhead and Cohen was a freaking genius for how he handled it. With Mullen, there was a lot of wait and see. Florida fans wanted his ass gone.

Bottom line is this. No one saw this coming from Moorhead, so blaming Cohen for this one is ridiculous. Blame him for Cannizaro or blame him for leading us to believe we were getting schlosnagle or McDonnel. We can discuss Lemonis in three or four years. But everyone was wrong about Moorhead.

And if you are happy about finebaum giving Cohen a hard time, you need to do some self evaluation. The MSU family should handle Cohen or Moorhead not Paul ****ing Finebaum. He is a piece of shit that has zero interest in seeing MSU succeed.

+1. Any MSU cheering Pawwlll sucks! I’m all for MSU not some media crazy looking dude. He hates MSU always has always will. I refuse to watch or listen to his spew!!!

maroonmania
10-18-2019, 08:53 PM

Well I think we all agree that Finebaum is a POS. He has always looked for any chance to take shots at OM and MSU. Back on his Birmingham show before the SEC network came to be I can't even count the number of times he called both 'garbage programs'. Of course he can't do that anymore as an official SEC mouthpiece but I can assure you he still thinks it.

DownwardDawg
10-18-2019, 08:55 PM
Paul is an idiot. Anyone putting stock in anything he says, or supporting him is a huge idiot.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2019, 08:57 PM

Great post. Paul thinks we are beneath him. He's a little turd who hates MSU. Anything he can do to make us look bad you can bet he will do it.

Doggie_Style
10-18-2019, 09:00 PM

Yea I think you are right...nobody saw this coming...hell most of us were Googling Moorhead just to figure out who he was. Any time you hire a guy with little head coaching experience it?s going to be high risk but damn you had to know Joe?s personality was not a good match for SEC football.

Jack Lambert
10-18-2019, 10:04 PM
I am not a Fair Weather Fan. I am not a Band Wagon Fan. I am a Miss State Fan. I win with them and I lose with them. I am going to the games. I am going to support the team. I am going to support my University. Staying home and whining like a bunch of school girl pussies isn't going to get the coach fire. His job status will be based on wins and loses. So why make the Athletic department and University suffer financial loses?

dawgday166
10-18-2019, 10:11 PM
I am not a Fair Weather Fan. I am not a Band Wagon Fan. I am a Miss State Fan. I win with them and I lose with them. I am going to the games. I am going to support the team. I am going to support my University. Staying home and whining like a bunch of school girl pussies isn't going to get the coach fire. His job status will be based on wins and loses. So why make the Athletic department and University suffer financial loses?
Is there like a book about this minor-league ***** stuff somewhere? **

msstate7
10-18-2019, 10:22 PM

Some feel the product isn't worth their own financial loss

Dawgcap
10-18-2019, 10:53 PM

But expect to have a product better while doing everything they can to undermine that process! Love this mentality

Coach007
10-18-2019, 10:59 PM
But expect to have a product better while doing everything they can to undermine that process! Love this mentality

Exactly. Makes you wonder doesn't it.

The fact that they "think" they know whats best for the program and will do anything to bring that about is nothing more or worse than a rouge booster.

msstate7
10-18-2019, 11:00 PM

You spend your time and money how you wish, and I'll spend mine how I want to.

Coach007
10-18-2019, 11:07 PM

Awesome. Freedom of speech and opinion right. Then he is allowed his. It's not like you go to the games anyway.

RezDog7
10-18-2019, 11:16 PM

Who are you kidding. You're some imaginary avatar on message board. Let me know the last time you set foot in DWS? As for me, I will be there tomorrow. STFU telling people how they should spend their money.

Dawgcap
10-18-2019, 11:21 PM

Sounds good. But when we have that mentality we are destroying the future. Making a statement is important and I agree with you a statement needs to be made to coaches and administration but not supporting this team tells current and future players you don’t believe in THEM! We recruit at a level that puts us 5-6 in the West now turn on the team players and the gap widens. We can make statements in other ways for change but quitting on the team leads to lower recruiting classes and disgruntled current players.
I don’t know the answer but quitting on them leads to quitting on our great school. We are always gonna be behind the top tier but expecting to eventually compete we can’t handcuff ourselves by chasing athletes away at a very difficult time.
I’m no more happy than you but I believe the future is built in the now. To be great our fan base must be great and trust decisions by administration based on results.

Coach007
10-18-2019, 11:26 PM
Sounds good. But when we have that mentality we are destroying the future. Making a statement is important and I agree with you a statement needs to be made to coaches and administration but not supporting this team tells current and future players you don’t believe in THEM! We recruit at a level that puts us 5-6 in the West now turn on the team players and the gap widens. We can make statements in other ways for change but quitting on the team leads to lower recruiting classes and disgruntled current players.
I don’t know the answer but quitting on them leads to quitting on our great school. We are always gonna be behind the top tier but expecting to eventually compete we can’t handcuff ourselves by chasing athletes away at a very difficult time.
I’m no more happy than you but I believe the future is built in the now. To be great our fan base must be great and trust decisions by administration based on results.

He doesn't go to many if any games. Every time I check in after the game or at the half.... he's been right here tearing down MS St, players and coaches alike.

I will see you all in the AM! Being loud and PROUD!

Dawgcap
10-18-2019, 11:39 PM
He doesn't go to many if any games. Every time I check in after the game or at the half.... he's been right here tearing down MS St, players and coaches alike.

A fact I must say. I won’t be at the game tomorrow! Daughter is maid of honor in a wedding of a friend who we consider a daughter. Wedding was planned for over a year. My son said Dad I don’t do weddings in the fall I’m going to the game! Proud of him!! Haha I do have to admit walking out of Neyland Saturday I wasn’t disappointed missing tomorrow but this whole week I’m back to my mentality of supporting this team. Am I happy with Moorhead? Not at this point but I trust this staff to figure it out. If Moorhead can’t then I trust the administration to make a change but damn y’all support the guys putting on the Maroon and White now in the future. Coaches move on but the athletes that represent deserve to be supported

Coach007
10-18-2019, 11:54 PM
A fact I must say. I won’t be at the game tomorrow! Daughter is maid of honor in a wedding of a friend who we consider a daughter. Wedding was planned for over a year. My son said Dad I don’t do weddings in the fall I’m going to the game! Proud of him!! Haha I do have to admit walking out of Neyland Saturday I wasn’t disappointed missing tomorrow but this whole week I’m back to my mentality of supporting this team. Am I happy with Moorhead? Not at this point but I trust this staff to figure it out. If Moorhead can’t then I trust the administration to make a change but damn y’all support the guys putting on the Maroon and White now in the future. Coaches move on but the athletes that represent deserve to be supported

Us too. Was hopefully a wake up call to the program.

msstate7
10-19-2019, 07:11 AM
Awesome. Freedom of speech and opinion right. Then he is allowed his. It's not like you go to the games anyway.

Where do y'all come up with that I don't go to the games?

msstate7
10-19-2019, 07:15 AM

Name a player I've "tore down". I rip joe Moorhead bc he's a complete fraud. I told you guys this since Kentucky last year. He's proven me right over-and-over, and he's proven you wrong over-and-over. The difference between me and you is that I'm not a complete moron.

msbulldog
10-19-2019, 07:15 AM

Damn Right Jack! +1

msbulldog
10-19-2019, 07:20 AM

Tell It! +1

Coursesuper
10-19-2019, 07:25 AM
Where do y'all come up with that I don't go to the games?

7, in that ones very small minded view of things there is no way you could attend games because only "true fans" will go to the games. And since she is a true fan that goes to the games that makes her a better fan than you.

yjnkdawg
10-19-2019, 08:52 AM

I posted this on the other thread .........Anybody who says they are a MSU, Alum, fan, or they support our university and then want some aspect of our university to be embarrassed on national tv to meet their so-called agenda should evaluate themselves and see if their agenda is more important than being proud and supportive of our university.

gravedigger
10-19-2019, 09:02 AM
Paul is an idiot. Anyone putting stock in anything he says, or supporting him is a huge idiot.

Paul isnt the idiot here. People thinking that he's doing anything but reading message boards and regurgitating that are the dumbasses. There is a market for it as is obvious.

If you dont like paul's tactics, then you should be equally as pissed off at the message boards. He isnt a school promoter nor is he some sort of news man. His job is to appear to give the call in society a voice from behind a microphone.

The sooner you understand that there is in fact a market for that and that message board fans are the target, the sooner you'll get why he asks and says what he does. He is dispassionate about MSU. He couldnt care less.

basedog
10-19-2019, 09:17 AM
Paul isnt the idiot here. People thinking that he's doing anything but reading message boards and regurgitating that are the dumbasses. There is a market for it as is obvious.

If you dont like paul's tactics, then you should be equally as pissed off at the message boards. He isnt a school promoter nor is he some sort of news man. His job is to appear to give the call in society a voice from behind a microphone.

The sooner you understand that there is in fact a market for that and that message board fans are the target, the sooner you'll get why he asks and says what he does. He is dispassionate about MSU. He couldnt care less.

No way about Pawl, way back when he use to hate on JWS and make fun of MSU. Called us out so much it became disgusting. I remember JWS calling him out for what he is, a piece of garbage!
I don?t listen to him nor do I put much stock into message boards. I read and post but I have my on opinion. I like you and many love MSU and when the outsiders talk bad about us it pisses me off!
Pawl sucks!! I?m for Cohen and Joe, screw Pawl!

gravedigger
10-19-2019, 09:45 AM
No way about Pawl, way back when he use to hate on JWS and make fun of MSU. Called us out so much it became disgusting. I remember JWS calling him out for what he is, a piece of garbage!
I don?t listen to him nor do I put much stock into message boards. I read and post but I have my on opinion. I like you and many love MSU and when the outsiders talk bad about us it pisses me off!
Pawl sucks!! I?m for Cohen and Joe, screw Pawl!

He hated on Jackie because back then, his target audience was the Alabama/Auburn radio show caller. Bama hated him because he broke the MSU mold of losing to bama on a regular basis and he was an alumni. Auburn hated him for the same reason. He appealed to his market then just like he is now.

And like you, I am also on Cohen, Moorhead's side on this. Our fans are just letting off steam. Paul's call in show these days is pretty interesting if you watch his face as he's taking calls. He couldnt be more patronizing if he tried. My belief is that in his heart, he's mocking all southern football fans and loves that he's being paid to do it.

He's a condescending prick in love with the trailer park trash that makes his show interesting. Remember Jerry Springer? That's all he amounts to.

basedog
10-19-2019, 10:23 AM
He hated on Jackie because back then, his target audience was the Alabama/Auburn radio show caller. Bama hated him because he broke the MSU mold of losing to bama on a regular basis and he was an alumni. Auburn hated him for the same reason. He appealed to his market then just like he is now.

And like you, I am also on Cohen, Moorhead's side on this. Our fans are just letting off steam. Paul's call in show these days is pretty interesting if you watch his face as he's taking calls. He couldnt be more patronizing if he tried. My belief is that in his heart, he's mocking all southern football fans and loves that he's being paid to do it.

He's a condescending prick in love with the trailer park trash that makes his show interesting. Remember Jerry Springer? That's all he amounts to.

I can agree with this. Regardless for MSU fans loving his interview with Cohen is sick to me! Paulette doesn’t represent my take on MSU! Screw the prick!!