PDA

View Full Version : Finebaum, Moorhead, Cohen, MSU....

Maverick
10-18-2019, 06:53 PM
Y'all think what you want about that exchange. I may not be happy with Moorhead right now but quite frankly that shit pisses me off. SEC network goes to schools and sheds light on them when they are there. But not State, poor old State gets shade thrown at it. I'm not sure what kind of answer Paul expected but that's beyond ridiculous and pitiful to continue to poke and prod for an answer. Then, after the fact he has to say that wasn't enough? He knew what he was going to get, you ask the question and move on. He's only doing that crap to stir the pot for ratings with his bean pole ass. You can't tell me this junk doesn't hurt recruiting and it's every dang year with State. I'm sick of it, it's not enough that we have a coach that wins and gets his name thrown around. Now we have a coach that isn't winning and is still getting his name thrown around.

DownwardDawg
10-18-2019, 07:05 PM
I’m glad I don’t watch or listen to Paul. He’s a prick.

MetEdDawg
10-18-2019, 07:08 PM
Y?all think what you want about that exchange. I may not be happy with Moorhead right now but quite frankly that shit pisses me off. SEC network goes to schools and sheds light on them when they are there. But not State, poor old State gets shade thrown at it. I?m not sure what kind of answer Paul expected but that?s beyond ridiculous and pitiful to continue to poke and prod for an answer. Then, after the fact he has to say that wasn?t enough? He knew what he was going to get, you ask the question and move on. He?s only doing that crap to stir the pot for ratings with his bean pole ass. You can?t tell me this junk doesn?t hurt recruiting and it?s every dang year with State. I?m sick of it, it?s not enough that we have a coach that wins and gets his name thrown around. Now we have a coach that isn?t winning and is still getting his name thrown around.

This is the correct answer. The fact those questions got asked that many times tells you all you need to know.

But our fan base is happy Finebaum ran over our AD.

Our fan base doesn't have what it takes to be great because it doesn't do what great fan bases do.

msstate7
10-18-2019, 07:14 PM
What would a "great fanbase" do? Why do y'all even watch this crap?

Todd4State
10-18-2019, 07:20 PM
Be mad we have an incompetent AD who hired an incompetent football coach.

A good fan base would demand changes and try to find another Greg Byrne which is what MSU really needs right now.

HoopsDawg
10-18-2019, 07:26 PM
I appreciate Paul asking the tough questions our local guys won't/can't.

timotheus
10-18-2019, 07:27 PM
I told a friend that same thing today. where is a byrne when we need him?

Commercecomet24
10-18-2019, 07:36 PM
Don't watch finebaum he's a sec pawn always has been. I also don't read the cl or football scoop. All garbage

Turfdawg67
10-18-2019, 07:56 PM
The OP is right. Paul tossed soft balls to Freeze and Bjork and let them skate... even stating "what a good man Freeze was". It's bullshit what he did on our campus. They should kick him the hell out. Y'all are just blinded by wanting Moorhead gone.

DownwardDawg
10-18-2019, 08:09 PM
The OP is right. Paul tossed soft balls to Freeze and Bjork and let them skate... even stating "what a good man Freeze was". It's bullshit what he did on our campus. They should kick him the hell out. Y'all are just blinded by wanting Moorhead gone.

You nailed it.

ATTILLA THE DOG
10-18-2019, 08:17 PM
Y?all think what you want about that exchange. I may not be happy with Moorhead right now but quite frankly that shit pisses me off. SEC network goes to schools and sheds light on them when they are there. But not State, poor old State gets shade thrown at it. I?m not sure what kind of answer Paul expected but that?s beyond ridiculous and pitiful to continue to poke and prod for an answer. Then, after the fact he has to say that wasn?t enough? He knew what he was going to get, you ask the question and move on. He?s only doing that crap to stir the pot for ratings with his bean pole ass. You can?t tell me this junk doesn?t hurt recruiting and it?s every dang year with State. I?m sick of it, it?s not enough that we have a coach that wins and gets his name thrown around. Now we have a coach that isn?t winning and is still getting his name thrown around.

Don't shit the bed vs shitty teams,don't lose 5 games with 17 starters back off a nine win team,don't kick KT to the curb for a penn state scrub,don't blame fitz cause your shitty offense is a joke and don't hire a clown to coach in the sec west. Us getting skull ****ed by shitty teams hurts crootin more

defiantdog
10-18-2019, 08:36 PM
Cohen needs to learn to play the game with Finebaum and Co. you prepare for the worst in every interview. Any decent reporter would have jumped at the bit to ask those questions.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2019, 08:43 PM

Good points and dead on.

MD2020
10-18-2019, 08:45 PM
Paul is only doing what the bulldog base has done all week which is stating the expectation is now more. If our reporting team would have already asked the hard questions they would have at least been prepared.

MetEdDawg
10-18-2019, 08:50 PM
What would a "great fanbase" do? Why do y'all even watch this crap?

Great fan bases don't allow their athletic department to get rolled over on national radio no matter how bad things are.

You can be mad at what's transpired, but the fact that folks are defending Finebaum after rolling over Cohen and breaking Moorhead down is an issue. Folks are putting personal feelings above the university and that's why we can't ever be good. The university means more. So we can voice our opinion, but we can't ever allow shit like what Finebaum pulled today to happen. Ever.

Not only are fans allowing it, they are supporting it. Because they are mad. And that's not good

Fred Garvin
10-18-2019, 09:00 PM
Exactly. Finebaum isn’t worried about getting any facts. He’s only about stirring up shit. Everybody needs to take a step back from the ledge.

Coach007
10-18-2019, 09:22 PM

It's no worse than the few vocal fans that are doing worse damage online.

Moorhead was clear and it wasn't enough for Paul. Still not enough for Paul and no worse than those same fans using it.

Neither are good for the program

Coach007
10-18-2019, 09:26 PM
Great fan bases don't allow their athletic department to get rolled over on national radio no matter how bad things are.

You can be mad at what's transpired, but the fact that folks are defending Finebaum after rolling over Cohen and breaking Moorhead down is an issue. Folks are putting personal feelings above the university and that's why we can't ever be good. The university means more. So we can voice our opinion, but we can't ever allow shit like what Finebaum pulled today to happen. Ever.

Not only are fans allowing it, they are supporting it. Because they are mad. And that's not good

It's no different than what the vocal minority here do. And you would think they are the voice of the whole fan base.

Dawgology
10-18-2019, 09:34 PM
You guys are right. Paul should have patted them on the back and told them what a great job they are doing since we are MSU and should be ok with losses to Kansas and a winless Tenn. plus an embarrassment of a loss to Auburn.

maroonmania
10-18-2019, 10:30 PM
It's no worse than the few vocal fans that are doing worse damage online.

Moorhead was clear and it wasn't enough for Paul. Still not enough for Paul and no worse than those same fans using it.

Neither are good for the program

Uh, Finebaum's show is definitely worse. Only folks reading Elitedawgs are pretty much diehard MSU fans.

Coach007
10-18-2019, 10:58 PM
Uh, Finebaum's show is definitely worse. Only folks reading Elitedawgs are pretty much diehard MSU fans.

No it's not. I know recruits and parents that visit MSU fan sites.

Players feed off of the fans.

Fans can be loud enough to cause false starts.

LSU... They fired Miles. Look at the 2015 loss to the Hawgs. Packed house. There is a difference between catching up with the AD and voicing your opinion. But when you take it out on the program as a whole, all you are doing is digging a bigger hole.

Maverick
10-18-2019, 11:15 PM
#1 I don't watch Paul, it's spread all over Twitter and Facebook so I didn't have to watch him to see that crap. That's why it's worse EVERYBODY saw that mess.... Fans spreading it is bad enough, we don't need help from Paul on SEC network.

#2 This is worse than fans talking about it amongst themselves, that was on national tv, freaking SEC network.... In Starkville, right in front of our dang football stadium. Are you kidding me!?!? Cohen should've pointed his finger right in that pricks face and said, "Paul, you leave Starkville MS right now and don't you EVER come back here again!"

#3 As previously stated by another, Paul let Freeze skate....

#4 Our media has already asked him the question and he said the same thing he told Paul.

Coach007
10-18-2019, 11:19 PM
#1 I don't watch Paul, it's spread all over Twitter and Facebook so I didn't have to watch him to see that crap. That's why it's worse EVERYBODY saw that mess....

#2 This is worse than fans talking about it amongst themselves, that was on national tv, freaking SEC network.... In Starkville, right in front of our dang football stadium. Are you kidding me!?!? Cohen should've pointed his finger right in that pricks face and said, "Paul, you leave Starkville MS right now and don't you EVER come back here again!"

#3 As previously stated by another, Paul let Freeze skate....

#4 Our media has already asked him the question and he said the same thing he told Paul.

He let Saban and more skate too.

YOu want get the one you are talking to budge. They are the "AD Dept" and know whats best and will do whatever they have to do to bring about what they want.

Maverick
10-18-2019, 11:36 PM
He let Saban and more skate too.

YOu want get the one you are talking to budge. They are the "AD Dept" and know whats best and will do whatever they have to do to bring about what they want.

Not sure I'm following what you're saying or trying to get at here.

I don't know about all of you but nobody comes up in my house and talks about the stuff I own like dog shit in front of my face and family. That's what just happened, if he wants to talk about State on his own show that's whatever and I'd still disagree with it. But he just came up in our house talking that mess. Come on.... this is like that saying don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining right? SEC network is supposed to be there promoting State, not dogging them out.

MetEdDawg
10-18-2019, 11:51 PM
You guys are right. Paul should have patted them on the back and told them what a great job they are doing since we are MSU and should be ok with losses to Kansas and a winless Tenn. plus an embarrassment of a loss to Auburn.

Yeah because there's no middle ground between this and what we are saying.

Crap take. Try again.

Coach007
10-19-2019, 12:05 AM
Not sure I'm following what you're saying or trying to get at here.

I don't know about all of you but nobody comes up in my house and talks about the stuff I own like dog shit in front of my face and family. That's what just happened, if he wants to talk about State on his own show that's whatever and I'd still disagree with it. But he just came up in our house talking that mess. Come on.... this is like that saying don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining right? SEC network is supposed to be there promoting State, not dogging then out.

I'm saying he never even pushed back on Saban to Tx rumors. He's a hack and there should not be a single FAN that is ok with what the shock jock did.

Yeah.. we should not have allowed him to do that... We have enough of our "Own fans" pissing on our guys.

msbulldog
10-19-2019, 06:22 AM
Y'all think what you want about that exchange. I may not be happy with Moorhead right now but quite frankly that shit pisses me off. SEC network goes to schools and sheds light on them when they are there. But not State, poor old State gets shade thrown at it. I'm not sure what kind of answer Paul expected but that's beyond ridiculous and pitiful to continue to poke and prod for an answer. Then, after the fact he has to say that wasn't enough? He knew what he was going to get, you ask the question and move on. He's only doing that crap to stir the pot for ratings with his bean pole ass. You can't tell me this junk doesn't hurt recruiting and it's every dang year with State. I'm sick of it, it's not enough that we have a coach that wins and gets his name thrown around. Now we have a coach that isn't winning and is still getting his name thrown around.

Well said! +1

gravedigger
10-19-2019, 06:43 AM

Read any MSU message board. Paul is only mimicking MSU fans.

Maverick
10-19-2019, 09:23 AM
Read any MSU message board. Paul is only mimicking MSU fans.

Yea, some people think that way but it doesn't matter. He came in our house and threw shit all over the walls. For example, some people might joke with a buddy and call them fat but you let some random person say that about him to his face around all his friends and see how many of his friends jump on that guys ass.

gravedigger
10-19-2019, 09:37 AM
Yea, some people think that way but it doesn't matter. He came in our house and threw shit all over the walls. For example, some people might joke with a buddy and call them fat but you let some random person say that about him to his face around all his friends and see how many of his friends jump on that guys ass.

Very, very true. I think that is exactly why it stings to see it happen.

TheLostDawg
10-19-2019, 10:27 AM
I bet that Paul would have stopped if Cohen would have called him out on all y'all are saying and then gave answers the way it should have been answered/how any good AD would answer. Cohen just letting us get pushed around shows how unprepared he was and sets a new standard of what we allow.

TUSK
10-19-2019, 01:46 PM
Some of y’all are either too young to know Finebaums MO or (wisely) don’t pay him any attention.

IMissJack
10-19-2019, 06:09 PM

If Finebaum did that at a big time school, he would be told to not come back...