PDA

View Full Version : kinda OT but we are playing them this weekend

BB30
10-18-2019, 03:34 PM
There hasn't been a whole lot of actual discussion regarding LSU and their team.

Do yall think they have what it takes to beat bama this year or will it be another disappointing November for LSU?

I really think that game will come down to which team's defense starts to figure it out first. Both programs have has a below average(for their programs) year. Now both units are pretty good but not near what they have been in the past. I think I would prefer to see LSU find a way to beat them this year just for something different. I also really like coach O he seems like a fairly genuine guy and has done a good job in a situation where he knew he wouldn't have hardly any wiggle room.

Most LSU fans were furious that they went with coach O and it seems to be working out fairly well for them. He is a great example of someone who learned from past mistakes and understands what he does really well ( IE recruit) and what he doesn't and does a good job of staying out of the way of his quality coordinators. Prime example of what the majority of head coaches should do, simply be the CEO of the program.

As for our game with them, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we kept it close and played inspired ball as Moorhead was able to do that last year against Aubie and I wouldn't be surprised if we are down 4 TDs going into half time. Not really sure which way it will go this weekend. I do believe that if we get skull drug JOMO will 100% lose the locker room if he hasn't already.

sleepy dawg
10-18-2019, 03:47 PM
I don't really see them beating Alabama. Not saying its impossible. Alabama's defense is much better than LSUs. Alabama's defense is one of the top defenses in the country when looking at efficiency ratings. LSUs is in the 50s. I think LSU could keep it close but in the end they just won't be able to hold up. Alabama is probably a 10+ point favorite.

TUSK
10-18-2019, 03:53 PM
LSU could win, but they are gonna have to score... a lot.

Just spitballing: 42-31 Bammer

dawgday166
10-18-2019, 04:01 PM

You think Bammer's D that good? (Caveat: Refs gotta call penalties against them now so even up ... neutral refs).

ETA: Right now I believe LSU better. FL has best D I've seen and they hung 42 on them. Burrow was 21-24 for 300.

LSU D is also ranked 25th, Bama 37th. And Bama ain't played nobody yet.

I think it will be a shootout tho. LSU has to stop Bama, but Bama gotta stop them too. If refs call even game, the moment may be too big for Ogre too, in TTown.

DownwardDawg
10-18-2019, 04:08 PM

This is about what I think too. Maybe more points for Bama.

TUSK
10-18-2019, 04:15 PM
You think Bammer's D that good? (Caveat: Refs gotta call penalties against them now so even up ... neutal refs).

They aren’t as good as they have been with 5-6 FR on D, but they’re probably a little underrated and getting better. But we really haven’t played a team near LSU’s offensive caliber, either.

Regarding officiating, they’ve already started with the 2nd half ejection of UT’s best Defensive player vs MSU. He’ll miss the 1st half vs Alabama.

dawgday166
10-18-2019, 04:17 PM
They aren’t as good as they have been with 5-6 FR on D, but they’re probably a little underrated and getting better. But we really haven’t played a team near LSU’s offensive caliber, either.

Regarding officiating, they’ve already started with the 2nd half ejection of UT’s best Defensive player vs MSU. He’ll miss the 1st half vs Alabama.

I already figured out why you always so confident. You really are an insider to the REC *

TUSK
10-18-2019, 04:31 PM
I already figured out why you always so confident. You really are an insider to the REC *

REC, SEC, NCAA, NSA, Illuminati, SEC (the other one), and so on...*.

bobtail bob
10-18-2019, 04:35 PM
You think Bammer's D that good? (Caveat: Refs gotta call penalties against them now so even up ... neutral refs).

ETA: Right now I believe LSU better. FL has best D I've seen and they hung 42 on them. Burrow was 21-24 for 300.

LSU D is also ranked 25th, Bama 37th. And Bama ain't played nobody yet.

I think it will be a shootout tho. LSU has to stop Bama, but Bama gotta stop them too. If refs call even game, the moment may be too big for Ogre too, in TTown.

Yea but they had been working on that game plan since before the season opener. They won?t have that advantage going into Tuscaloosa. Saban has a knack for taking good SEC QBs look pedestrian. Burro and co won?t be able to run that quick offense with the Tide crowd bearing down on them and will struggle to keep up. Plus they have had every break go in their favor. I look for them to get blown out or fall flat like Auburn did in Gainesville

dawgday166
10-18-2019, 04:41 PM
Yea but they had been working on that game plan since before the season opener. They won?t have that advantage going into Tuscaloosa. Saban has a knack for taking good SEC QBs look pedestrian. Burro and co won?t be able to run that quick offense with the Tide crowd bearing down on them and will struggle to keep up. Plus they have had every break go in their favor. I look for them to get blown out or fall flat like Auburn did in Gainesville

Bama game plan called "don't call the facemasks" works every time. ***

TUSK
10-18-2019, 04:47 PM
Bama game plan called "don't call the facemasks" works every time. ***

How about a little love for: Never Call Holding???

Js

dawgday166
10-18-2019, 04:51 PM
How about a little love for: Never Call Holding???

Js

Well ... we were talking about defense and how good it is. Your offense is good. Oline a little unBama like but can go with LSU.

Holding can be disguised and also harder to call. Facemask is obvious tho ... everytime. Now when a Ga Dline running by a Bama Oline gets grabbed by his elbow after he's past him, then Hurts throws a game winner ... that one was pretty obvious. So I'll give that one for sure a little love.

Jack Lambert
10-18-2019, 10:16 PM
I didn't think Florida could beat Auburn so anything is possible in college football. LSU better worry about Auburn before they start looking at Alabama.