PDA

View Full Version : I'm guessing if Joe wasn't interested in Rutgers

Indndawg
10-18-2019, 12:25 PM
a well-placed phone call would kill all that smoke coming in from Piscataway NJ.

Cowbell
10-18-2019, 12:42 PM
a well-placed phone call would kill all that smoke coming in from Piscataway NJ.
It would be interesting to know where the smoke is coming from

TrapGame
10-18-2019, 01:03 PM
And don't forget he is on Illinois' and Boston College's short list too. It starts somewhere.

Indndawg
10-18-2019, 01:21 PM
I'm guessing Coach People Person is putting out feelers just in case things go south in the south.

TrapGame
10-18-2019, 01:33 PM
Anybody wanna bet right after Ash was fired at Rutgers somebody's agent made an inquiring call to gauge interest. And interest was high. Think about Kirby going to Syracuse. It ain't working out in NY but down here we know Kirby. He was with Saban for crying out loud. He knows the SEC and the South. What if we fired a coach and Kirby's agent called gauging interest to return back down South in the SEC? We'd probably be a little giddy too.

AROB44
10-18-2019, 03:02 PM
Forgive me, but who is Kirby?

TrapGame
10-18-2019, 03:07 PM
Forgive me, but who is Kirby?

Smart...duh. He was first name to pop in my head. Not looking at what hes done at Georgia but a hypothetical of him going up north out of his comfort zone.

RiverCityDawg
10-18-2019, 03:54 PM
Smart...duh. He was first name to pop in my head. Not looking at what hes done at Georgia but a hypothetical of him going up north out of his comfort zone.

I think Willie Taggart is a better example. Did good stuff in the state of Florida. Went north with mixed results but folks at FSU were comfortable bringing him back even though he hadn't done anything because he was in that state before.

And it's clearly not working out

AROB44
10-18-2019, 03:58 PM

Ok....somehow my brain just wasn't processing you post correctly.....sorry, but it happens occasionally.

dantheman4248
10-18-2019, 05:21 PM
Joe’s using it as leverage to get a raise and extension at the end of the year. That’s what I fear.

BhamDawg205
10-18-2019, 05:26 PM
Joe’s using it as leverage to get a raise and extension at the end of the year. That’s what I fear.

Give him a $1 mill raise with $1 buyout

Todd4State
10-18-2019, 05:43 PM

That’s not going to work. It only works if you actually perform.

dantheman4248
10-18-2019, 09:40 PM
That’s not going to work. It only works if you actually perform.

Not what happened last year apparently.

Coach007
10-18-2019, 09:46 PM
It would be interesting to know where the smoke is coming from

Same guy that had Mullen leaving in about year 3.

Btw ... Moorhead stated clearly he was not interested in leaving Ms St

Homedawg
10-18-2019, 09:51 PM

Well yeah. But that's what he should say. That's the standard answer. Doesn't mean shit. He might not want to leave but him saying it doesn't mean a thing

KOdawg1
10-18-2019, 10:08 PM
That only works if you win games

Really Clark?
10-18-2019, 10:28 PM

What guy?

Coach007
10-18-2019, 10:34 PM
Well yeah. But that's what he should say. That's the standard answer. Doesn't mean shit. He might not want to leave but him saying it doesn't mean a thing

LOL! Ok.....

"It's not something that's under consideration," Moorhead said. "My focus is here, Mississippi State. This is where we want to be and this is what we're going to do."

Really Clark?
10-18-2019, 10:47 PM
LOL! Ok.....

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach." "I don't know how many times I've got to respond to rumor and innuendo," Saban said. "I have no control over that. I've stated what my intentions are and they really haven't changed, so I don't know what the issue is. And I don't know why people keep asking about it. What they talk about over there is their business. But what's happening here is my business and our business, and that's what we're focused on."

It is what coach say and have to. Doesn’t mean they are not leaving or staying or have already had conversations

Coach007
10-18-2019, 11:05 PM
"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach." "I don't know how many times I've got to respond to rumor and innuendo," Saban said. "I have no control over that. I've stated what my intentions are and they really haven't changed, so I don't know what the issue is. And I don't know why people keep asking about it. What they talk about over there is their business. But what's happening here is my business and our business, and that's what we're focused on."

It is what coach say and have to. Doesn’t mean they are not leaving or staying or have already had conversations

Then people need to stop treating it as if he didn't answer correctly. There is nothing this guy will say that will appease the "bloodlust" of the few here. You think you know what is best, and you don't. You have noway of knowing. None.

Homedawg
10-19-2019, 10:24 AM
Tommy tuberville- have to take me outta here in a pine box. Honestly, what do they all say??

Homedawg
10-19-2019, 10:26 AM
Then people need to stop treating it as if he didn't answer correctly. There is nothing this guy will say that will appease the "bloodlust" of the few here. You think you know what is best, and you don't. You have noway of knowing. None.

He did answer it correctly. I said so. Doesn't mean anything though. Doesn't mean he wants to stay. Doesn't mean He never wants to leave. Doesn't mean he wants to be here forever. It's just words. It's a pointless question