PDA

View Full Version : Finebaun Talking to Moorhead

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 04:28 PM
He'll be on shortly. I'll listen so you don't have to.

Already mentioned Joe on Rutgers' short list.

I thought he said coming up is Joe Moorhead. Now he says live in Starkville tomorrow and Joe is his first guest.

He says Moorhead to Rutgers rumors are rampant.

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 04:51 PM
He'll be on shortly. I'll listen so you don't have to.

Already mentioned Joe on Rutgers' short list.

Well ... last time Finebaum was interviewing an MSU football coach about this topic was when Cohen wanted Dan outta here in 2017.

Not saying that is the case but ... it is interesting.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-17-2019, 04:53 PM
Can Finebaum ask him why it feels like we're suffering the effects of a 5 year NCAA investigation while ole miss is making progress?

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 04:54 PM
Rosebowl is saying he has an impeccable source that says Joe is not going to Rutgers.

Oh shit, it's a done deal now!

trojandawg
10-17-2019, 04:56 PM
Rosebowl is saying he has an impeccable source that says Joe is not going to Rutgers.

Rosebowl...completely unreliable reliability.

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 04:57 PM

Lol ... I saw that and is what I'm thinking too.

TNDawg35
I just scrolled through Facebook and have 6 different stories about Joe and Rutgers...

RezDog7
http://youtu.be/r9RvfAGh_34

Hopefully Finebaum will get this treatment while he's here.

Turfdawg67
10-17-2019, 05:02 PM
Well ... last time Finebaum was interviewing an MSU football coach about this topic was when Cohen wanted Dan outta here in 2017.

Not saying that is the case but ... it is interesting.

Huh?!?!? Are you implying that the reason Don Murlins left us was because IB wanted him gone??? If not, please clarify. If so... hahahahahahaha, you be a mo-ron.

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 05:05 PM
Huh?!?!? Are you implying that the reason Don Murlins left us was because IB wanted him gone??? If not, please clarify. If so... hahahahahahaha, you be a mo-ron.

Not exactly. I know Dan wanted to leave but I also think Cohen was fine with that due to the $$. He wasn't ponying up and I think him and Mullen butted heads a time or 2 also. But I'm not an insider either.

timotheus
10-17-2019, 05:14 PM
Mullen is type A just like the IB thus we end up with feeble JoMo.

Todd4State
10-17-2019, 05:16 PM
Not exactly. I know Dan wanted to leave but I also think Cohen was fine with that due to the $$. He wasn't ponying up and I think him and Mullen butted heads a time or 2 also. But I'm not an insider either.

If he wasn’t willing to pay him he wouldn’t have made an offer to keep him.

Maroonthirteen
10-17-2019, 05:17 PM
Can Finebaum ask him why it feels like we're suffering the effects of a 5 year NCAA investigation while ole miss is making progress?

That’s how things work for Emstate. Always has.

Todd4State
10-17-2019, 05:20 PM

He’s also literally the only one saying this at this point. I do think there is a chance he could end up somewhere else like Boston College or Illinois so Rosebowl may be right from a certain point of view.

I think this is most likely company line from MSU. Of course Joe probably isn’t telling MSU that he’s looking if he is looking at Rutgers.

Turfdawg67
10-17-2019, 05:23 PM

He may have been fine with DM leaving, but he wasn't looking to get rid of him... so your original comment could be slightly misconstrued.

Turfdawg67
10-17-2019, 05:25 PM
Mullen is type A just like the IB thus we end up with feeble JoMo.

That's as dumb as 43.7 % of your comments. Yes... I have a spreadsheet.

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 05:27 PM
If he wasn’t willing to pay him he wouldn’t have made an offer to keep him.

Maybe so, but I also got feeling Cohen was "Oh well" about it too. I also got feeling and impression reading on here that Cohen had laid some kinda ultimatum down to Mullen late previous year or early that year and Mullen didn't like it.

Not sure what he offered Dan ... I heard $6 mill. Don't know and lots of folks will tell you they do know for sure ... and maybe they do. I don't. I just got feeling Cohen was almost relieved by it some too.

Not saying Dan wanted to stay ... and maybe that was why Cohen seemed "Oh well" about it.

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 05:28 PM
Finebaum just now:

"Moorhead is just not a good fit at Mississippi State."

"They hired someone just to hire someone."

"You have to a coach that understands Mississippi State. They know they're not Bama but they are proud and they want a good program."

"I've got a lot of questions for Cohen and Moorhead tomorrow."

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 05:32 PM
Cohen was on Bo Bounds before TN game still saying Joe was an offensive genius or something like that and he was going to be the coach here for a while. I don't think he used word savant. But he did seem just a little careful about how he couched his replies if I recall correctly.

I did come away from that thinking Joe was gonna get 4 years or so regardless.

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 05:35 PM
Cohen was on Bo Bounds before TN game still saying Joe was an offensive genius or something like that and he was going to be the coach here for a while. I don't think he used word savant. But he did seem just a little careful about how he couched his replies if I recall correctly.

"There are no American troops in Iraq. It is lies." - Baghdad Bob

timotheus
10-17-2019, 05:39 PM
That's as dumb as 43.7 % of your comments. Yes... I have a spreadsheet.

What does a spreadsheet have to do with a person who has no idea what SEC football is? And yes I firmly believe Cohen hired Moorhead due to his calm non confrontational demeanor as Pruitt has. That in itself is why our team lacks motivation and a sense of urgency. What do u think JoMo's strongest quality is and the reason we should give him 5 years to see what happens?

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 05:43 PM
"There are no American troops in Iraq. It is lies." - Baghdad Bob

Understand. But I thought Joe would really have to tank this year to be gone and maybe with TN loss ... that was enough. But seems like Cohen mentioned at least a couple of times it takes time to install a system, get players buy in, etc. So I kinda felt like he was gonna give that some time. I felt that after next year at the earliest would he consider making a change.

But hell, I'm wrong on this kinda stuff all the time cause I surmise but don't know any of the inner workings at those levels. I gotta figure out which one of the thousand posters on here say they have "inside information" might actually have it ***** Then pair it with what I think I'm observing from afar.

Katdoc12
10-17-2019, 05:57 PM

I remember in the weeks leading up to the Egg Bowl him assuring the fans that Dan had no interest in leaving, especially to Tenn. Then once Dan is gone to FL it comes out that Dan was planning to take the Tenn job until FL opened. I hope he is as correct with this "source."

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 05:57 PM
Understand. But I thought Joe would really have to tank this year to be gone and maybe with TN loss ... that was enough. But seems like Cohen mentioned at least a couple of times it takes time to install a system, get players buy in, etc. So I kinda felt like he was gonna give that some time. I felt that after next year at the earliest would he consider making a change.

But hell, I'm wrong on this kinda stuff all the time cause I surmise but don't know any of the inner workings at those levels. I gotta figure out which one of the thousand posters on here say they have "inside information" might actually have it ***** Then pair it with what I think I'm observing from afar.

It's going to be really hard to keep Joe if he finishes 4-8. Doesn't matter what Cohen says publicly. His ass is gonna raw from all the chewing.

KB21
10-17-2019, 06:10 PM
I feel there is a lack of discipline and attention to detail with this program right now, and there is not much accountability if any. However, I’m not going to say that is because Joe has a calm, non confrontational demeanor. Dabo Swinney is laid back and non confrontational to a certain point, but he can light into you when you press the right buttons. I think that’s the part Joe lacks right now.

I don’t really care if the coach is mild mannered or an Orgeron type. What matters is whether you can lead and hold the players accountable.

trojandawg
10-17-2019, 06:11 PM
If that?s truly Cohen thoughts then he might be packing with Moorhead if he gives him 4 years. I mean you don?t want to throw your coach under the bus on air that you hired because that reflects poorly on you. So Cohen may just being saying that now to backup what he said to make himself look better. Cohen said something last year in a Wyatt interview at practice where Cohen said ?we?ll see? when asked about the expectations and anticipation for high powered offense. Seems like he was unsure then. Like he was willing to tinker with our football program just like he used to tinker with the baseball team. I wasn?t exactly pleased we hired Cohen as AD as I believe we needed someone with more AD experience that has come up on the administrative side rather than coaching. Other sports are doing well and media liked Moorhead from the start. I?m still on the fence about Cohen but how he handles this will decide a lot of his fate

Homedawg
10-17-2019, 06:15 PM

Yep. Right before we laid an egg in rocky top. Then shit got real... year 3 is probable, but not even remotely close to a given. Year 4 is highly questionable.

Homedawg
10-17-2019, 06:18 PM
I remember in the weeks leading up to the Egg Bowl him assuring the fans that Dan had no interest in leaving, especially to Tenn. Then once Dan is gone to FL it comes out that Dan was planning to take the Tenn job until FL opened. I hope he is as correct with this "source."

I have no idea if JOMO is going to Rutgers or not. What I do know is rosebowl is not where to go for inside info. See tutorgate. See he said Autry wasn't going to ut( from a trusted source) numerous erroneous recruit predictions. He finally stopped even guessing he missed so many. So believe what you want from him.

Turfdawg67
10-17-2019, 06:39 PM
Maybe so, but I also got feeling Cohen was "Oh well" about it too. I also got feeling and impression reading on here that Cohen had laid some kinda ultimatum down to Mullen late previous year or early that year and Mullen didn't like it.

Not sure what he offered Dan ... I heard $6 mill. Don't know and lots of folks will tell you they do know for sure ... and maybe they do. I don't. I just got feeling Cohen was almost relieved by it some too.

Not saying Dan wanted to stay ... and maybe that was why Cohen seemed "Oh well" about it.

Haven't read the post below these but saying "Oh Well" and "IB wanting him gone" are two different beasts. Not busting your chops but just wondering where you are coming from. Cohen didn't want DM gone, period.

Turfdawg67
10-17-2019, 06:44 PM
Finebaum just now:

"Moorhead is just not a good fit at Mississippi State."

"They hired someone just to hire someone."

"You have to a coach that understands Mississippi State. They know they're not Bama but they are proud and they want a good program."

"I've got a lot of questions for Cohen and Moorhead tomorrow."

Disagree with "we hired someone, just to hire someone". JoMo was rated one of, if not the Best, coordinators out there... he just wasn't ready to be a head coach in the SEC. It happens.

Bothrops
10-17-2019, 06:46 PM

This is exactly what it feels like.

Turfdawg67
10-17-2019, 06:50 PM

Rosebowl has lost a lot of clout with many of us for sure.

Turfdawg67
10-17-2019, 06:53 PM
What does a spreadsheet have to do with a person who has no idea what SEC football is? And yes I firmly believe Cohen hired Moorhead due to his calm non confrontational demeanor as Pruitt has. That in itself is why our team lacks motivation and a sense of urgency. What do u think JoMo's strongest quality is and the reason we should give him 5 years to see what happens?

Look... stats are stats. You are wrong 43.7% of the time.****

Bothrops
10-17-2019, 07:07 PM
Disagree with "we hired someone, just to hire someone". JoMo was rated one of, if not the Best, coordinators out there... he just wasn't ready to be a head coach in the SEC. It happens.

Fineball doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 07:15 PM
Haven't read the post below these but saying "Oh Well" and "IB wanting him gone" are two different beasts. Not busting your chops but just wondering where you are coming from. Cohen didn't want DM gone, period.

Dude ... you're busting my chops mane! ***

Probably not the best phrase to use. But on a personal level, I did get feeling Cohen did not mind in the least to see him go. On a professional level, different story. You can want someone out of circle, but know it's not the best business move. Cohen also may have been told "Offer him $6 mill, take it or leave it".

Urban Meyer said 1st time he ever met Dan he wanted to punch him in the mouth after engaging with him for a while. And said he still felt that way often while working with him. That's kinda what I mean. I always felt Cohen and Dan just kinda circled around each other.

Hell .. Dan was always shopping so from reading and surmising from afar I'm most likely way off base.

On another note: Rosie was asked if Rutgers ain't interested or is Joe not interested, or both. Rosie says he has no clue about Rutgers but on this side Rosie said he was told it ain't happening. Now I do know Rosie enough to know this ... he really doesn't know either way. His puppies will still idolize him tomorrow tho LOL. Rosie means well and overall is a good guy.

timotheus
10-17-2019, 07:25 PM
Look... stats are stats. You are wrong 43.7% of the time.****

Oh so u are like this 007 sunshine pumping guy who says the sky isn't falling. Was I wrong about JoMo not really having a clue about SEC defenses or the fact that Stevens never played up north due to being soft? Or is it incorrect that JOMO inherited a team last year that most college coaches not named Moorhead would have gone 12-1? I hate it man cuz I love MSU but of Cohen don't cut the cord, we'll be a looking up a upig and ushark after joe craps up next season. I'm being brutally honest.

Homedawg
10-17-2019, 07:26 PM

I agree. It happens.

Coursesuper
10-17-2019, 07:33 PM
Rosey is out in full force on this Rutgers thing all of a sudden, which means he has marching orders to,get out there on social media and refute as much as possible. Do not believe a word from that guys suck, he will feed you the party line, hook line and sinker.

He is the most zealous of the fan media, there may be a wiff of truth in what he's putting out there but his job is to pass on what he's handed from the athletic department. They will not want to look bad in this so be ready for more of this.

Maroonthirteen
10-17-2019, 07:40 PM
I don’t believe for a second Cohen hired a football coach because Cohen felt he could make the coach his submissive.

It was simple as Pruitt and Moorhead were the best two candidates that wanted the job. Then Pruitt bombed the interview and Moorhead interviewed well. I forget who it was.... maybe Barto... that graded Moorhead as the to assistant to hire in 2018/19.

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 07:40 PM
Rosey is out in full force on this Rutgers thing all of a sudden, which means he has marching orders to,get out there on social media and refute as much as possible. Do not believe a word from that guys suck, he will feed you the party line, hook line and sinker.

He is the most zealous of the fan media, there may be a wiff of truth in what he's putting out there but his job is to pass on what he's handed from the athletic department. They will not want to look bad in this so be ready for more of this.

You know I used to respect Paul a lot as a reporter but ... he ain't been nuthin but an apologist for Moorhead. He has as many excuses for what Moorhead do as 007 does almost.

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 07:41 PM
I don’t believe for a second Cohen hired a football coach because Cohen felt he could make the coach his submissive.

It was simple as Pruitt and Moorhead were the best two candidates that wanted the job. Then Pruitt bombed the interview and Moorhead interviewed well. I forget who it was.... maybe Barto... that graded Moorhead as the to assistant to hire in 2018/19.

Well ... I do remember 1st thing outta Moorhead's mouth when he shook hands with Cohen (after getting off plane I think) ... "How's it going Boss". Probably don't mean nuthin just sayin.

ETA: Bartoo did grade Moorhead and a DC I believe (can't for sure remember) as his top 2 coordinators. Graded Moorhead/Shoop combo as #1 new tandem too. I believe he had it higher than Mullen/Grantham tandem cause he ain't huge fan of Grantham but he is of Mullen.

Coach34
10-17-2019, 07:55 PM
Rosey is a really good reporter on State athletics and his work on Freezus is etched in stone...However lets remember:

1. Rosey said Mullen would not leave and go to Tenn. We found out after the fact that Mullen was headed to Tenn until Fla called. Elitedawgs broke the Mullen was leaving story days before Jeanspage.

2. Rosey didnt confirm the suspensions in football until August. He kept accepting the University position. Elitedawgs broke the suspensions months before.

3. As of today- Jo-Vester probably wouldnt leave for Rutgers. We lose to UPig- Jo-Vester may be informed he better accept the Rutgers job. When 6-6 is no longer happening, Jo-Vester's job security drops.

dawgday166
10-17-2019, 08:01 PM
Well ... at the risk of making yo head bigger than it is C34 (just keeding dude, sorta) ... I did hear the Mullen stuff from you first and thought you were just stirring some shat up. In fact, I was on you about it cause it was like the night before or maybe 2 nights before the Egg Bowl. But ... you was right. Rosie got on board "exploring" the rumors couple days later.

Now that don't mean you right about everything you post. But your batting avg is pretty solid ****

TrapGame
10-17-2019, 08:44 PM
Something that just hit me about calming the rumors is recruiting. I'm sure Joe is going to tell Finebaum tomorrow he's a pine box away from leaving. The players and recruits need some stability.

It does look like Garrett has a lot of leadership potential b/c Joe was saying tonight that the offense just gravitates toward him and would follow him to the gates of hell.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-17-2019, 09:00 PM

Cohen made the rounds on local radio the week after the Auburn game for damage control. Not sure I ever remember him doing that like he did this time in the past. Pucker factor in the AD Dept must be getting high.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-17-2019, 09:02 PM
Something that just hit me about calming the rumors is recruiting. I'm sure Joe is going to tell Finebaum tomorrow he's a pine box away from leaving. The players and recruits need some stability.

It does look like Garrett has a lot of leadership potential b/c Joe was saying tonight that the offense just gravitates toward him and would follow him to the gates of hell.

The only reason Shrader is here is JoMo. If he were to take another job, we better hope like hell The Beard likes StarkVegas.

msstate7
10-17-2019, 09:09 PM
The only reason Shrader is here is JoMo. If he were to take another job, we better hope like hell The Beard likes StarkVegas.

I love shrader, but shrader ain't worth keeping joe

Homedawg
10-17-2019, 09:27 PM

True. But starting a tr fr or Mayden is a painful deal. Don't think jt will be here either way. But could wrong

Todd4State
10-17-2019, 09:28 PM

I think recruiting is the main reason for the company line at this point. I may be wrong but Shrader is why I think we win six. And I think we beat Tennessee with Shrader starting.

Todd4State
10-17-2019, 09:30 PM

I’m not sure that he would go to Rutgers with Joe. Probably depends on who we hire.

FriarsPoint
10-17-2019, 09:49 PM
I don?t believe for a second Cohen hired a football coach because Cohen felt he could make the coach his submissive.

Aiiiggght. Somebody has got to explain this to me. You mean after we?ve had a 9 year bowl run with several facilities improvements, not one, ONE, head coach with experience at the DI level had any interest in our job? And these two were the best we could do? I?m not buying just on the fact that Neal Brown was still at Troy and would be a huge improvement over what we have now.

Todd4State
10-17-2019, 10:06 PM
Aiiiggght. Somebody has got to explain this to me. You mean after we?ve had a 9 year bowl run with several facilities improvements, not one, ONE, head coach with experience at the DI level had any interest in our job? And these two were the best we could do? I?m not buying just on the fact that Neal Brown was still at Troy and would be a huge improvement over what we have now.

I agree. I think we should have gone after someone with more experience. It sounds to me like we either went cheap and or tried to replicate Dan Mullen when we probably didn't have to do either one.

Coursesuper
10-18-2019, 03:09 AM

Bingo!

Dawgology
10-18-2019, 09:34 AM
I’m not sure that he would go to Rutgers with Joe. Probably depends on who we hire.

Schrader wouldn’t go to Rutgers. That would be knowingly deciding to end his career. I’m not saying he would stay at state but he would be looking at being a starting QB in the SEC for the next three years. Hard for a guy to just walk away from that.

tireddawg
10-18-2019, 09:58 AM
Dabo Swinney is laid back and non confrontational to a certain point, but he can light into you when you press the right buttons.

I've met Dabo & he is an intense guy, he's not laid back. He's all over place but ultra focused & very intelligent. Knows exactly what he wants & knows how to achieve it. You're right, he will light into his players.

Joe's problem is he doesn't demand effort, toughness, & perfection. He believes the players should demand it from themselves, that he shouldn't have to. That's a huge problem. He's too finesse, doesn't have the smash-mouth mentality, & I just don't believe he's as smart as folks seem to think.

Dawg_Lover
10-18-2019, 10:25 AM

Considering the quote ...... When you are being run out of town, try to stay in front and make it look like a parade. ...... the seller may be trying to make the product more attractive to potential buyers.

TrapGame
10-18-2019, 10:39 AM
I think recruiting is the main reason for the company line at this point. I may be wrong but Shrader is why I think we win six. And I think we beat Tennessee with Shrader starting.

This will probably be debated for years around here: What if Shrader started the season and not Tommy?

defiantdog
10-18-2019, 10:40 AM
I feel there is a lack of discipline and attention to detail with this program right now, and there is not much accountability if any. However, I’m not going to say that is because Joe has a calm, non confrontational demeanor. Dabo Swinney is laid back and non confrontational to a certain point, but he can light into you when you press the right buttons. I think that’s the part Joe lacks right now.

I don’t really care if the coach is mild mannered or an Orgeron type. What matters is whether you can lead and hold the players accountable.
Dabo is laid back?! I think your talking about his mom and stepdad. Dabo is all over the place. Always has been. Kirby Smart is a laidback guy outside of football. He?d put you to sleep on the golf course.

Gutter Cobreh
10-18-2019, 10:52 AM
Rosey is a really good reporter on State athletics and his work on Freezus is etched in stone...However lets remember:

1. Rosey said Mullen would not leave and go to Tenn. We found out after the fact that Mullen was headed to Tenn until Fla called. Elitedawgs broke the Mullen was leaving story days before Jeanspage.

2. Rosey didnt confirm the suspensions in football until August. He kept accepting the University position. Elitedawgs broke the suspensions months before.

3. As of today- Jo-Vester probably wouldnt leave for Rutgers. We lose to UPig- Jo-Vester may be informed he better accept the Rutgers job. When 6-6 is no longer happening, Jo-Vester's job security drops.

If memory serves me correctly, the bolded part was posted by you minutes before the Egg Bowl kicked off! One of the best melts I've seen the board go through in my time on here.

Lord McBuckethead
10-18-2019, 12:49 PM
It was the afternoon before the game. Timing wasn't the best for C34s Mullen to ______ post. He was right though.
C34s batting average is pretty good, but his tact is terrible.

If c34 didn't use asshole tone in every post, he would get along with everyone a little more.

Note: I do like C34 posting.

Quaoarsking
10-18-2019, 12:55 PM
This will probably be debated for years around here: What if Shrader started the season and not Tommy?

We would be 5-1 (despite the glaring flaws) and dreaming of a NY6 bowl win a win tomorrow.

StarkVegasSteve
10-18-2019, 12:56 PM

If this is true, then why hasn't Garrett been the starter since Kentucky.....or since K-State. Seems like we might be 5-1 or 4-2 at the worst if that was the case. Just another reason to question Moorhead.

TrapGame
10-18-2019, 01:01 PM
If this is true, then why hasn't Garrett been the starter since Kentucky.....or since K-State. Seems like we might be 5-1 or 4-2 at the worst if that was the case. Just another reason to question Moorhead.

Oh, exactly. I thought about that after he said it last night on Dawg Talk.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-18-2019, 02:26 PM
Paul asked him some tough questions and specifically asked about Rutgers. Moorhead said he would address rumors if/when his representatives were contacted.

TrapGame
10-18-2019, 02:30 PM
Paul asked him some tough questions and specifically asked about Rutgers. Moorhead said he would address rumors if/when his representatives were contacted.

That's not leaving in a pine box.

Dawg2003
10-18-2019, 02:43 PM
That was a weird interview that was filled with mixed messages.

Tbonewannabe
10-18-2019, 02:50 PM

This sounds like he is looking for a way out. I think he knows that he lost most of the fanbase last week and it will be hard to get it back.

TrapGame
10-18-2019, 02:54 PM
This sounds like he is looking for a way out. I think he knows that he lost most of the fanbase last week and it will be hard to get it back.

100% agree. He sounds defeated. He sounded very mellow and glum last night on Dawg Talk.

BrunswickDawg
10-18-2019, 02:56 PM
100% agree. He sounds defeated. He sounded very mellow and glum last night on Dawg Talk.

Team is going to feed off that negative vibe man. You can tell when you have a dead man walking. This is going to get ugly.

Cowbell
10-18-2019, 03:05 PM
Team is going to feed off that negative vibe man. You can tell when you have a dead man walking. This is going to get ugly.

I agree 100% - at least go down fighting.

Tbonewannabe
10-18-2019, 03:08 PM

How we actually look against LSU is going to tell you a lot on what the rest of the season will be like. If we come out excited and with great effort no matter the score then we might be ok for the rest of the year. If we hang our head when they go up then it might be bad.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2019, 03:51 PM
This probably doesn't mean anything at this point but heard from some players been the most physical week of practice they've had and was a different atmosphere(in a good way) this week. Shrader won the players over and they've been wanting him to be the starter since uk. He's got some dak in him. We'll see how tomorrow goes but the hope train has sailed for most of us I believe.

dawgday166
10-18-2019, 03:54 PM
Ole Rosie SMDH. Just quoted Moorhead on how he's committed to staying here. Maybe he is but all coaches say that just before the bolt out the door ... Saban at Miami, Mullen up till Egg Bowl, etc.

TrapGame
10-18-2019, 04:03 PM
This probably doesn't mean anything at this point but heard from some players been the most physical week of practice they've had and was a different atmosphere(in a good way) this week. Shrader won the players over and they've been wanting him to be the starter since uk. He's got some dak in him. We'll see how tomorrow goes but the hope train has sailed for most of us I believe.

Joe actually mentioned on Dawg Talk how practices this week have been tougher. He also said Shrader has been getting on upperclassmen for loafing. Darryl Williams has been too.

dawgday166
10-18-2019, 04:04 PM
Joe actually mentioned on Dawg Talk how practices this week have been tougher. He also said Shrader has been getting on upperclassmen for loafing. Darryl Williams has been too.

The wool is growing *********

I'm on the 007 train ... 9-3. ********

TrapGame
10-18-2019, 04:06 PM
The wool is growing *********

I'm on the 007 train ... 9-3. ********

Yeah, it's a little late to do the right thing now.

Commercecomet24
10-18-2019, 04:11 PM

That was my opinion as well. Why has he waited? Smh

Tbonewannabe
10-18-2019, 04:14 PM

I think it is too late also but if this is a turning point and he can get us to a bowl while finishing strong in recruiting, it would be nice. He still has the rest of the season to try and do something, I just don't have any faith in him anymore.

TrapGame
10-18-2019, 04:18 PM
I think it is too late also but if this is a turning point and he can get us to a bowl while finishing strong in recruiting, it would be nice. He still has the rest of the season to try and do something, I just don't have any faith in him anymore.

Me either. I'd love to get to 6-6 but if we look like a completely different team starting Saturday I'm gonna pissed this wasn't the focus from day effing one!

Coursesuper
10-18-2019, 04:19 PM

Great, but when I see a player having his ass sent to the bench for half stepping I'll believe it until then it's just more words. Rosey has been on the PR full court press this week hasn't he, amazing isn't it.

Bothrops
10-18-2019, 04:20 PM
Apparently new coaches don't learn things in the SEC until they fail first.

dawgday166
10-18-2019, 04:21 PM

Probably felt like he was beating his daughter with a chain when he made them practice hard this week ****

Commercecomet24
10-18-2019, 04:25 PM

This is where I'm at as well. Nothing would please me more than for this team to finish strong and joe to succeed but I just don't believe it'll happen.

MD2020
10-18-2019, 04:31 PM
Im ready for Joe to go! Bring in Bill Clark before Auburn gets him.

DownwardDawg
10-18-2019, 04:31 PM
This is where I'm at as well. Nothing would please me more than for this team to finish strong and joe to succeed but I just don't believe it'll happen.

I’m with ya.

Dawg_Lover
10-18-2019, 04:51 PM
Interesting that Finebaum just asked Matt Wyatt what he thought Coach was trying to accomplish bringing up his daughter in the press conference. Wyatt answered he couldn’t speak to what he was trying to accomplish, but diplomatically said it was just coming from his genuine personality and feelings. Nothing earth-shattering, just interesting.

MetEdDawg
10-18-2019, 06:01 PM
Finebaum asked Moorhead the same question 3 times in a row about Rutgers. Moorhead told him twice he was focused on MSU and taking us to a championship level program. Third time he said if they get a call we will deal with it.

If this fan base thinks those responses are an issue then our fan base has gone completely mental

Todd4State
10-18-2019, 07:02 PM

Joe sounded like a timid puppy talking to Finebaum tonight.